Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,658 members, 7,979,236 topics. Date: Saturday, 19 October 2024 at 01:46 AM

Facts About Car Tyres You Must Know - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Facts About Car Tyres You Must Know (32311 Views)

Lady Teaches Ladies How To Change Car Tyres Better Than Men. / This Nigerian's Response To British Man's Tweet About Car Horns Is Hilarious / 11 Amazing Facts You Didn’t Know About Car's (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Facts About Car Tyres You Must Know by Mautonmentos(m): 11:21pm On Jul 04, 2015
Very needed info, we tend to be ignorant or care less about stuff like this...much needed
Re: Facts About Car Tyres You Must Know by 9icetoo(m): 11:51pm On Jul 04, 2015
neoapocalypse:
The expiry date isn't actually written on the tire but the production date , tires typically have a four year lifespan so the expiry date is calculated as 4 years after production. The numbers after "DOT" signifies the date of production , an example is DOT 2309 , this means the tire was produced in the 23rd week of 2009.
Don't say what you are not sure of. Who told you tires expire after four years? Or is it because FRSC said so? Some tires are still OK after six years as long as they are stored properly. A lot of factors will determine a tires useful life. not even pirelli nor Goodyear prints an expiry date on their tires so I wonder where this four years comes from.

1 Like

Re: Facts About Car Tyres You Must Know by upengineer: 12:04am On Jul 05, 2015
The tire I use presently is P205/65/15. Most times, my car chassis do hit the ground when driving over a bump due to low ground clearance. If I change the tyre to a tyre of size P215/70/15. Can the ground clearance increase Or I just raise shock absorber
Re: Facts About Car Tyres You Must Know by Nobody: 12:18am On Jul 05, 2015
9icetoo:

Don't say what you are not sure of. Who told you tires expire after four years? Or is it because FRSC said so? Some tires are still OK after six years as long as they are stored properly. A lot of factors will determine a tires useful life. not even pirelli nor Goodyear prints an expiry date on their tires so I wonder where this four years comes from.

Please do extensive research on it and next time do not start your statement with , "Don't say what you are not sure of" when you're ignorant of whatever you are discussing. I'm in my good mood tonight , you may not be so luck next time.
Re: Facts About Car Tyres You Must Know by Nobody: 12:49am On Jul 05, 2015
neoapocalypse:

Please do extensive research on it and next time do not start your statement with , "Don't say what you are not sure of" when you're ignorant of whatever you are discussing. I'm in my good mood tonight , you may not be so luck next time.
Bros, show me a picture, video or web link which says tyres expire on the 4th year after production.

1 Like

Re: Facts About Car Tyres You Must Know by Nobody: 12:50am On Jul 05, 2015
upengineer:
The tire I use presently is P205/65/15. Most times, my car chassis do hit the ground when driving over a bump due to low ground clearance. If I change the tyre to a tyre of size P215/70/15. Can the ground clearance increase Or I just raise shock absorber
Use a P215/65/R15
Re: Facts About Car Tyres You Must Know by 9icetoo(m): 12:55am On Jul 05, 2015
lomomike:

Bros, show me a picture, video or web link which says tyres expire on the 4th year after production.
A beg ask am oo.
Neo, I worked in Michelin FYI.

1 Like

Re: Facts About Car Tyres You Must Know by Dotng: 1:28am On Jul 05, 2015
Nice post.
Re: Facts About Car Tyres You Must Know by peteruuu(m): 4:18am On Jul 05, 2015
Nice one..
Re: Facts About Car Tyres You Must Know by lawlex(m): 6:03am On Jul 05, 2015
[color=#770077][/color]Bros u lied on d (R) sign it called rim not radial,I sells tyres infact dat my profession.
Re: Facts About Car Tyres You Must Know by lawlex(m): 6:08am On Jul 05, 2015
upengineer:
it depends on d kind of car u re using,just tell me d car I will tell u ur perfect match.[color=#006600][/color]
Re: Facts About Car Tyres You Must Know by scentmarlc(m): 6:19am On Jul 05, 2015
ureach:
Interesting
Wot about expiry date

Dat was y der was a link attached to the post....

Click on it and be exposed to a world about tyres and other auto parts.

Cheerz Scent
Re: Facts About Car Tyres You Must Know by lawlex(m): 6:22am On Jul 05, 2015
Don't say what you are not sure of. Who told you tires expire after four years? Or is it because FRSC said so? Some tires are still OK after six years as long as they are stored properly. A lot of factors will determine a tires useful life. not even pirelli nor Goodyear prints an expiry date on their tires so I wonder where this four years comes from.[/quote] Dot sign means for example after d dot u see sumtin like dis 2309....it simply means d tire was manufacture 23weeks 2009,NB tires don't expired @ four year grin,but it best advice 2 change ur tires after four years,if u only have dis brand michellin,bridgestone,dunlop,firestone,Pirelli dis tires re sures tires not china or Asia tires
Re: Facts About Car Tyres You Must Know by mu2sa2: 6:30am On Jul 05, 2015
BOWOTO:
Very useful post, God bless the op
l repeat after you.

1 Like

Re: Facts About Car Tyres You Must Know by jedyjedy(m): 7:26am On Jul 05, 2015
I commend u. Good write up bro.
Re: Facts About Car Tyres You Must Know by ochiosa(m): 10:41am On Jul 05, 2015
what of the code for expiration?
Re: Facts About Car Tyres You Must Know by 1adewoye: 1:55pm On Jul 05, 2015
Since most cars come with Owners' Manual, which has a-z details about what you should on it, only a mechanic or engineering student will bother to study this in any great details.
Re: Facts About Car Tyres You Must Know by upengineer: 2:26pm On Jul 05, 2015
lawlex:
it depends on d kind of car u re using,just tell me d car I will tell u ur perfect match.[color=#006600][/color]
Toyota Camry 2000. What's your opinion
Re: Facts About Car Tyres You Must Know by kalufelix(m): 6:33pm On Jul 05, 2015
I no get car...
Re: Facts About Car Tyres You Must Know by lawlex(m): 6:36pm On Jul 05, 2015
upengineer:

Toyota Camry 2000. What's your opinion
the best alternative is 215/65/15
Re: Facts About Car Tyres You Must Know by Nobody: 5:44am On Jul 15, 2015
Re: Facts About Car Tyres You Must Know by pinetulips(m): 9:00am On Dec 29, 2015
C class 180, what's the best tire size, mind you my road is bad
Re: Facts About Car Tyres You Must Know by pinetulips(m): 9:01am On Dec 29, 2015
C class 180, what's the best tire size, mind you my road is bad grin
Re: Facts About Car Tyres You Must Know by Walla79: 7:48pm On Oct 13, 2016
I drive a Honda Accord. 2001 coupe and I use 215/55/R16 tyres, but due to bad roads, am thinking of going for 215/60/R16 or 215/65/R16. Pls I need your advice.

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Evolution Of Mercedes Benz S-class Flagship (photos) / Photos & Videos Of The Classic Car Club Of Nigeria Independence Day Drive / This N25m BRABUS Is The Ultimate Smart Fortwo Car – (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.