Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,102 members, 7,899,947 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 July 2024 at 11:16 PM

Buhari, Obama And Same-sex Marriage - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari, Obama And Same-sex Marriage (35478 Views)

Buhari, Obama, Other World Leaders In Group Pics At The Nuclear Security Summit / Buhari, Obama, Ban Ki-Moon At UN General Meeting (Photos) / Buhari, Obama & VP Joe Biden With Nigerian Delegation At The White House (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari, Obama And Same-sex Marriage by Nobody: 2:34pm On Jul 03, 2015
It is a rather speculative and terrible report.

When Obama visited Senegal.....he called for the legalisation of gay marriage there. And in response, Macky Sall, the Senegalese President told Obama to take a hike.(OK...not literally.....but he said Culture is Culture).

One thing people need to understand is that the idea of a Muslim leader legalizing homosexual conduct in a country where almost all Nigerians are virulently homophobic....including his own constituency...the far North...is not going to happen. Obama will not, I can confidently say, without being in the White House or being privy to American foreign policy decision making...will not force or cajole Buhari into signing a gay marriage law...because this is going to push Nigeria....and many other African countries from the hands of the US into the hands of China. And guess what....that will be a big hit to the US's foreign policy goals. Besides...the US does business with the same Chinese...where a few days ago a lesbian couple who got ''married'' could not get a marriage license. Will American companies pull out of China? (Obviously not).

Another thing is that legalising gay behaviour in any African country does not necessarily improve attitudes to gays. Take South Africa. Homosexual relations are legal....yet...homophobia is rife in that country. Seriously rife(Google..corrective molestation). Will Obama stop doing business with the SA...because of that.?

Infact...I wonder why opponents of this regime are using gay marriage as a political weapon. Do they really think that a devout Muslim will legalise gay marriage...talkless of reversing anti-gay law in this country? Do they? And why are we so focused on gay marriage...if it isn't for mudslinging purposes. We have corruption, tribalism, etc. in this country. We should focus on them...and get rid of them...because in the long tern...that is what is keeping us down in this country. Not gay/lesbian affairs...and the inane speculation that a Muslim would suddenly go against his religious tennets to gain America''s favour.

Honestly....the way we fight politics, the tribalism and religious bigotry on display in this country, and on this forum disgusts me.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari, Obama And Same-sex Marriage by McLove(m): 2:36pm On Jul 03, 2015
IF HE IS TRULY THE RELIGION FANATIC WE CALL HIM THEN HE WONT ACCEPT SUCH.

I DON'T EXPECT HIM TO SHA
Re: Buhari, Obama And Same-sex Marriage by Neplusultra(f): 2:38pm On Jul 03, 2015
Rainbow is a sign of God's everlasting promise and covenant with his people! Not for any demonic and satanic pride undecided

1 Like

Re: Buhari, Obama And Same-sex Marriage by Nobody: 2:40pm On Jul 03, 2015
Imanuelle:
Hmmm

Sometimes I feel that we think too much of ourselves...

Can someone please explain to me, how it affects the price of garri in America, if we accept or refuse to accept gayness as a part of the Nigerian culture?

If it doesn't affect the price of American Egusi, of Washington's fufu, Chicago's ponmo or even Alaska's ogogogoro, why exactly would they bother?

If U don't know how it will affect price of garri or of all other food stuff, enroll in economics101 class at Book of Genesis to the end, U will learn. E.g Drought will occur n no rain to farm cassava, to process garri which lead to shortage in supply and consequently high price due to low or no supply.
Re: Buhari, Obama And Same-sex Marriage by InvertedHammer: 2:40pm On Jul 03, 2015
/
Fair enough....

Since Nigeria copies everything America....

Legalize homosexual marriage ;legalize individuals' right to bear arms.

Let's see how it will end.
/
Re: Buhari, Obama And Same-sex Marriage by sammyj: 2:41pm On Jul 03, 2015
Gay of course !!!
CR77:
One of who
Re: Buhari, Obama And Same-sex Marriage by lafex: 2:42pm On Jul 03, 2015
It is getting clearer to me that America is behind boko haram

1 Like

Re: Buhari, Obama And Same-sex Marriage by CR77(f): 2:43pm On Jul 03, 2015
tongue na u sabi oo
sammyj:
Gay of course !!!
Re: Buhari, Obama And Same-sex Marriage by sammyj: 2:44pm On Jul 03, 2015
... Please proof it or otherwise me i am available oooo !!! cheesy tongue
CR77:
tongue na u sabi oo
Re: Buhari, Obama And Same-sex Marriage by zurine(f): 2:45pm On Jul 03, 2015
hmm
Re: Buhari, Obama And Same-sex Marriage by CR77(f): 2:47pm On Jul 03, 2015
tongue hmmm proof what?
sammyj:
... Please proof it or otherwise me i am available oooo !!! cheesy tongue
Re: Buhari, Obama And Same-sex Marriage by Nobody: 2:48pm On Jul 03, 2015
way ma spaceship I need to live earth humans are beginning 2 be stup*d
Re: Buhari, Obama And Same-sex Marriage by Evaromantik(m): 2:48pm On Jul 03, 2015
I pray dat dis man no go bring gay into his country......beside,am a Biafran nd not Nigerian.....am beginning to expressing aparty over Nigerian issues
Re: Buhari, Obama And Same-sex Marriage by Koolking(m): 2:48pm On Jul 03, 2015
America has just put the final nail on her coffin by accepting accepting LGBT in her procreative, social, religious and economic affairs.
Re: Buhari, Obama And Same-sex Marriage by stephmike(m): 2:49pm On Jul 03, 2015
[quote author=brightnelly post=35424940] undecided

If God no punish Obama and America soon that means he needs to apologize to SODOM AND GOMORRAH

I second it
Re: Buhari, Obama And Same-sex Marriage by 9jatatafo(m): 2:50pm On Jul 03, 2015
I like what Robert Mugabe of Zimbabbwe told Obama. Quoting Mogabe, he said "even the Devil wasn't gay because the Devil tempted Eve in the garden of Eden and not Adam" and also he, Mugabe will travel to Washington DC to ask Obama's hand in marriage since Obama is a pro same sex marriage.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari, Obama And Same-sex Marriage by sammyj: 2:52pm On Jul 03, 2015
I need proof that you are not one of them (Gay) otherwise I am available !!! grin grin
CR77:
tongue hmmm proof what?
Re: Buhari, Obama And Same-sex Marriage by chynergy1(m): 2:53pm On Jul 03, 2015
whenever america adopts polygamy,
we ll consider 'gayism'
let them give all the gay guys visa to come to their country.
Re: Buhari, Obama And Same-sex Marriage by BlueMagic2(m): 3:02pm On Jul 03, 2015
One
Big
A$$
Mistake
America

I've always said it Obama is a m o r o n. Now people are seeing him for who he really is. Africa should disassociate itself from having anything to do with obama. Even Europe have disassociate itself with him cos they know he can't be trusted. I hope he doesn't finish he's 2nd term. I hope his Airforce one crashes with him in it.
Re: Buhari, Obama And Same-sex Marriage by Nobody: 3:02pm On Jul 03, 2015
Jeromejnr:
Human beings are their own problems. You reject God's laws because you claim you want to be free

Well, when the consequence befalls you don't blame God. Blame yourselves.
Americans no longer believe in God,at least majority of them. There are states where you just can't mention Christ or God in public;from what I heart its even rare to hear smone say "oh my God" instead they say "oh my gosh!". Some states have pulled down every statue in public places that represents Christianity;they'll soon remove "in God we trust "from the dollar notes..

1 Like

Re: Buhari, Obama And Same-sex Marriage by MarieSucre(f): 3:03pm On Jul 03, 2015
swimcash:
its very simple, PMB shld tell Obama dat he's
only goin 2 consider it on one condition; wch
is, America shld approve polygamous in2 dere
system. each american shld b allow 2 marry
more dan one wife...........#say no 2 same sex marriage
What about marrying more than one husband??
Re: Buhari, Obama And Same-sex Marriage by shotster50(m): 3:04pm On Jul 03, 2015
Y'all are hypocrites

1 Like

Re: Buhari, Obama And Same-sex Marriage by caprini1: 3:05pm On Jul 03, 2015
jpipe2000:
1st time ever 2 comment on nairaland
Go and collect fowl grin
Re: Buhari, Obama And Same-sex Marriage by MarieSucre(f): 3:06pm On Jul 03, 2015
mployer:

When will America sign polygamy into law?

After all, it is an agreement among adults.
yes o. we women need the right of two or more husbands.
Re: Buhari, Obama And Same-sex Marriage by delugajackson: 3:11pm On Jul 03, 2015
The deepest and hottest part of hell is reserved for Obama and his gay army. I thought this man had sense. America is going down in their Christianity,anything goes. This world power has gotten into their heads & they think they can do anything they like. You don't expect us to fall out like your little soldiers on this one. We can copy every other thing,but not this one,this is Africa,bro. A guy cannot guy a guy!

2 Likes

Re: Buhari, Obama And Same-sex Marriage by menesheh(m): 3:27pm On Jul 03, 2015
brightnelly:
undecided

If God no punish Obama and America soon that means he needs to apologize to SODOM AND GOMORRAH

grin

God don't do his things that way grin
Re: Buhari, Obama And Same-sex Marriage by DiiVictory(m): 3:30pm On Jul 03, 2015
enough of this gay sh*t, we ve got our own problems in this country. can we focus our attention on that?
whether decides to shun the sweet way nd go the bitter way is their bleeping prblem, not mine.
I know 4 sure that homosexuality cannot be stopped totally even in countries it is not legalized. I feel this topic has been discussed too much and that disgusts me. I know 4 sure that laws don't change ppl. God can change ppl if He wishes, and ppl change if they want to.
at least bible made mention that evry1 shud continue in what they re doing, The Good continue doing good while The bad should continue being bad. in essence, u wanna be gay? u wanna be lesbian? u wanna be straight all good, fine! go on. at least we ll be responsible 4 our at last

1 Like

Re: Buhari, Obama And Same-sex Marriage by gates123: 3:31pm On Jul 03, 2015
Truth is, considering our present condition, i won't be surprised if we adopt that law... Buhari went to the G7 with a litany of needs and Obama promised to oblige him.
Re: Buhari, Obama And Same-sex Marriage by Krisgift(f): 3:31pm On Jul 03, 2015
One chance.
Re: Buhari, Obama And Same-sex Marriage by hamees4: 3:41pm On Jul 03, 2015
Re: Buhari, Obama And Same-sex Marriage by Immarocks(f): 3:47pm On Jul 03, 2015
jakearganaut:
Sofily Sofily catchy monkey

hahahahahaha Mr. pato.
Re: Buhari, Obama And Same-sex Marriage by Dbrainiac1(m): 3:49pm On Jul 03, 2015
yeh

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

El-Zakzaky: Nigerians Protest At The Iranian Embassy (Photo) / "Stupid Journalist": Compilation Of FFK's Abusive Words Against Osinbajo / Ajuri Ngelale Welcomes Third Son (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.