Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,185,965 members, 7,927,875 topics. Date: Thursday, 22 August 2024 at 02:24 AM

I'm the best stylist in Nigeria- Jeremiah Ogbodo boasts - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / I'm the best stylist in Nigeria- Jeremiah Ogbodo boasts (1949 Views)

Jeremiah Ogbodo Buys New Range Rover Sport (Photos) / Would You Rock Jeremiah Ogbodo's Pants? / Jeremiah Ogbodo Poses With Jayz, Usher At The Global Citizen Festival (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'm the best stylist in Nigeria- Jeremiah Ogbodo boasts by Danielklinton: 6:56pm On Jul 03, 2015
Enter Jeremiah Ogbodo...the guardian of style

There is something inspiring about Jeremiah Ogbodo. Like Gabrielle (Coco) Chanel, he is diligent and imaginative. But unlike Chanel, he channels such ingenuity that even the ace Italian fashion pundit was incapable of, in her prime. Jeremiah flaunts a rare bequest; he possesses the gift of enabling you look inwards many times over to rediscover your innate talents and latent endowments.
In a more idealistic epoch, Jeremiah, Tonto Dikeh, D’banj and Ice Prince’s stylist would have been a historian’s delight, with his arresting disposition, uncompromising moral fibre and enthusiasm, among other enviable traits.
There is no gainsaying the world of business is like a dangerous coast riddled with storms. But despite its turbulent tides, Ogbodo, like a sea-hardened sailor, navigates through the gales armed with a stubborn resolve and unyielding spirit. Today, that relentless spirit of Jeremiah has paid off. Where there is no opportunity, he simply gets up and paves a way. In this chat with Seyi Peters, the sweetheart of many superstars opens the lid on his journey to acclaim in Nigeria’s fashion industry.

Who is Jeremiah Ogbodo?

I'm a lot of things......where do I begin? I'm an entrepreneur, a fashion stylist, a fashion designer _a visionary. l live , eat , breath fashion.

Can you take through early life?

Am from a beautiful family of 6, Christian home, am from Enugu state… lol I think am still in my early life lol, but then I remember sneaking from high school to attended the SoundCity award and the rest but now these award don't hold without me hearing my name on the red carpet epic.....am still studying in the university of Lagos. I have attended a couple of fashion schools, from Newyork to SA to Ghana it's been a journey.

How did styling start for you?

I think I have been styling for as long as I can remember but professionally I stormed the entertainment industry about thirty-three(33)months ago. I started off on a really nice note, "SWANKY is that stylish kid on the block. When I introduced "Swanky's Signatures" it was almost as if the world was like "yes" finally, even though I had a lot of famous people support me, it was not an easy journey to the spot light. God almighty has been faithful to me and am super grateful.

Was your family in support of you going into fashion?
Oh yes! Even though my father was a military officer he supported me. My mum was 100% in support of whatever I wanted to do. She always say “As long as it’s going to make me happy, go ahead.” My family is a strong army behind me.

How did you come up with your brand name?

Long story but I will keep it short. Growing up I had one of my uncles who just always calls me swanky the fashion designer. Everytime I dress up to go out, be it church, lunch, school parties and all, he calls me "swanky the fashion designer. I grew up with close members of my family calling me Swanky, by the time I was in high school everybody was calling me swanky like that. In the course of finding out the meaning back then, I thought to myself this is the perfect brand name for you, since everyone already knew that name.

How long have you been in the industry?

I stormed the fashion industry about 33months ago, when I launched "Swanky's Signatures "15days after my launch I went to Newyork city where I styled DavidO music video, styling collections for designers at the Newyork fashion week and a few celebrities for the NEA.

What’s been your most challenging experience thus far in the industry?
I have worked with almost every name you can think of in the entertainment industry. Who is who in the Cooperate and political world. I have styled various music videos, movies, photoshoots, red carpet, TVC's beauty pageants, weddings, name it, am still looking for my challenge. I have not met my challenge yet. Reason is I wake up every day knowing that the day might both be a blessing and lesson. For this particular reason, I don't notice challenges or failure. My job is full of so many challenges but am always ready so dear challenges am waiting for you.

How would you describe your personal style?
l love comfort so much so I am always dressed the way I feel.

What’s your favorite item in your closet?

Oh that's a big question, hmmmmm thinking........oh wow it's actually so hard my closet OMG! ok I think "Glasses" I can't function without my glasses I don't leave home without one .

What’s the best gift you’ve ever received?

A book "48 laws of power "

Which trend excites you at the moment?

Denim on denim is my favourite right now and always. It’s a classic any day when put together nicely.

Have you ever had a ‘made it’ moment? Share with us that moment?

Oh Yeah! I had many ‘made it’ moment as they keep increasing by the day. My recent moment was when I worked with the number 1 citizen of the most populous nation in Africa, former President Goodluck Jonathan. it was a made it moment for me, because at about 13 months ago I tweeted that I will love to work with the president and my dream came through during one of his visit to Lagos during the presidential campaign to meet Nigerian youths.

Which celebrity or celebrities gave you your big break?

Complete Interview http://www.thecapital.ng/index.php/interview/2736-enter-jeremiah-ogbodo-the-guardian-of-styl

Re: I'm the best stylist in Nigeria- Jeremiah Ogbodo boasts by Shortyy(f): 7:02pm On Jul 03, 2015
i'm everywhere today grin
Re: I'm the best stylist in Nigeria- Jeremiah Ogbodo boasts by Akeelahtunez(m): 8:39pm On Jul 03, 2015
cheesy
Re: I'm the best stylist in Nigeria- Jeremiah Ogbodo boasts by funnyme(f): 9:48pm On Jul 03, 2015
Is he the one with those skeletal legs? Why is Goodluck looking hungry in those cloths?

(1) (Reply)

Why Men Cheat, A Case Study Of Toke Makinwa And Ayinde Maje By Etcetera / The Inventor Of The Car Bat-man Used In His Film Dies(see Picturesof Cars He Ma) / Kylie Uploads Video Of Tyga finge*rin Her Then She Quickly Deletes It On Snapcha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.