Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,146 members, 7,880,598 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 10:02 PM

Another Boko Haram Attack Leaves 97 Dead In Kukawa - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Another Boko Haram Attack Leaves 97 Dead In Kukawa (1170 Views)

Air Force Destroys Another Boko Haram Terrorist Logistics Base. Photos/Video / Battle Of Kukawa Between Nigeria Army And Boko Haram / DSS Arrests Another Boko Haram Kingpin In Maiduguri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Another Boko Haram Attack Leaves 97 Dead In Kukawa by dayo23(f): 2:50am On Jul 04, 2015
No less than 97 people were killed and several others injured when Boko Haram terrorists attacked Kukawa town of Kukawa local government area of Borno State.

A resident of Kukawa, Alhaji Abor Babagana, who fled to Maiduguri, said over 50 suspected members of Boko Haram stormed Kukawa town at about 6.30pm on Tuesday and open fire on people killing 97, while several others were injured.

He said “The terrorists first descended on Muslim worshippers in various mosques, who were observing the Magrib prayers shortly after breaking their fast. The insurgents rounded up about four different community mosques and opened fire on the worshippers who are mostly men and children.

“They spared nobody; in fact, while some of the terrorists waited and set most of the corpses on fire, others proceeded to houses and shot indiscriminately at women who were preparing food,” he added.

Another bereaved resident who lost his uncle, Garba Kolomi said “They wiped out the immediate family of my uncle. They killed his children, about five of them and set his entire house ablaze”.

A fisherman from the area, Alhaji Saleh Idi, who corroborated that 97 people had been killed, alleged that the attackers spent over four hours without any attempt by security forces to intervene.
“There was no single soldier in Kukawa when the terrorists came around 6.30pm. The soldiers were in Kuros-Kawwa which is just 11 kilometers away. The terrorists stole assorted food from houses and homes and then set everything ablaze. They left around 11 pm,” he said.

Kukawa which is about 178 kilometres away from Maiduguri was severely attacked in 2014, a situation which forced most residents to flee to Maiduguri and other villages across the Lake Chad.

Most of the locals, especially the fishermen and farmers among them returned to the ancient town early this year.

Another resident of Kukawa Alhaji Audu Kukawa told our correspondent that the insurgents came in Hilux vehicles.
He said “I personally counted 97 corpses and as I am speaking to you, we have not buried the dead ones”.

http://dailypost.ng/2015/07/03/another-boko-haram-attack-leaves-97-dead-in-kukawa/

Re: Another Boko Haram Attack Leaves 97 Dead In Kukawa by gottliebglobal(m): 2:50am On Jul 04, 2015
God help us all
Re: Another Boko Haram Attack Leaves 97 Dead In Kukawa by Chubhie: 2:52am On Jul 04, 2015
Too many deaths. PMB do your job of securing lives and properties.
Re: Another Boko Haram Attack Leaves 97 Dead In Kukawa by dayo23(f): 2:55am On Jul 04, 2015
Chubhie:
Too many deaths. PMB do your job of securing lives and properties.
what job? He has no clue bro, the old man just dey observe
Re: Another Boko Haram Attack Leaves 97 Dead In Kukawa by Ikengawo: 2:57am On Jul 04, 2015

1 Like

Re: Another Boko Haram Attack Leaves 97 Dead In Kukawa by DankemzI(m): 3:09am On Jul 04, 2015
The Evil Men do!
Please we need more Air attacks in the creeks of Cross River & Akwa Ibom pirates bombing people Boko Haram a non government organisation is enlightenning the masses up north.....,,
i just de laff 2019 no too far before Mr. President go don clock 76 we shift am go home for elderly or daura straight up!
God no go forgive Opolo eye for Rubushing my GEJ name just for this undecisive Man
Re: Another Boko Haram Attack Leaves 97 Dead In Kukawa by eliok(m): 3:11am On Jul 04, 2015
boko haram wil not stop. our current leaders invented it. purpose is to take over the nation nd..[size=12pt][/size].
Re: Another Boko Haram Attack Leaves 97 Dead In Kukawa by Chubhie: 3:15am On Jul 04, 2015
dayo23:
what job? He has no clue bro, the old man just dey observe
A job he swore an oath backed as Commander In Chief of the armed and unarmed forces with unrestricted access to our common wealth.

To imagine people are already looking towards 2019 shows we are locked in a cycle of failure.

1 Like

Re: Another Boko Haram Attack Leaves 97 Dead In Kukawa by jcross19: 3:22am On Jul 04, 2015
dayo23:
No less than 97 people were killed and several others injured when Boko Haram terrorists attacked Kukawa town of Kukawa local government area of Borno State.

A resident of Kukawa, Alhaji Abor Babagana, who fled to Maiduguri, said over 50 suspected members of Boko Haram stormed Kukawa town at about 6.30pm on Tuesday and open fire on people killing 97, while several others were injured.

He said “The terrorists first descended on Muslim worshippers in various mosques, who were observing the Magrib prayers shortly after breaking their fast. The insurgents rounded up about four different community mosques and opened fire on the worshippers who are mostly men and children.

“They spared nobody; in fact, while some of the terrorists waited and set most of the corpses on fire, others proceeded to houses and shot indiscriminately at women who were preparing food,” he added.

Another bereaved resident who lost his uncle, Garba Kolomi said “They wiped out the immediate family of my uncle. They killed his children, about five of them and set his entire house ablaze”.

A fisherman from the area, Alhaji Saleh Idi, who corroborated that 97 people had been killed, alleged that the attackers spent over four hours without any attempt by security forces to intervene.
“There was no single soldier in Kukawa when the terrorists came around 6.30pm. The soldiers were in Kuros-Kawwa which is just 11 kilometers away. The terrorists stole assorted food from houses and homes and then set everything ablaze. They left around 11 pm,” he said.

Kukawa which is about 178 kilometres away from Maiduguri was severely attacked in 2014, a situation which forced most residents to flee to Maiduguri and other villages across the Lake Chad.

Most of the locals, especially the fishermen and farmers among them returned to the ancient town early this year.

Another resident of Kukawa Alhaji Audu Kukawa told our correspondent that the insurgents came in Hilux vehicles.
He said “I personally counted 97 corpses and as I am speaking to you, we have not buried the dead ones”.

http://dailypost.ng/2015/07/03/another-boko-haram-attack-leaves-97-dead-in-kukawa/
but they have move command base to there ah. It seems that is getting worst.
Re: Another Boko Haram Attack Leaves 97 Dead In Kukawa by babyhrt(m): 3:39am On Jul 04, 2015
hmmmmmmmm

I feel so sowi for this country,our impatience has brought us all to this stage we are in now

this was a terrorist group dat was almost crushed and pushed as far Sambisa..they were already surrendering and divided against itself due to heat dey got from the military bt 2day Buhari whom some claimed to be a supporter of boko haram has given them breathing space with the aim of NEGOTIATING with dem and creating another SCAM of AMNESTY programme for the North.

the victims in all dis are the Nigerian pple

I thank God I was nt part of those who brought Nigeria to this confusion with their votes

1 Like

Re: Another Boko Haram Attack Leaves 97 Dead In Kukawa by donholy28(m): 4:15am On Jul 04, 2015
And I thought buhari said that he's winning
Re: Another Boko Haram Attack Leaves 97 Dead In Kukawa by Nobody: 4:19am On Jul 04, 2015
Ok. Dulardhino is busy receiving letter of credence. Baba Goslow. Baba one chance. Baba Snail.
Re: Another Boko Haram Attack Leaves 97 Dead In Kukawa by Obijulius: 4:24am On Jul 04, 2015
If I could lay my hands on Buhari I will strangle him till he dies.

What a Dullard we have as our C-in-C. Imagine the mess these idiots have put us in.

It's only a matter of time before Boko Haram will extend their attacks down South. Please let us arm ourselves with weapons of all sorts and the determination that Buhari's Boko Haram will never find a safe operating base in the SS & SE.

Buhari and Osibanjo are bastards.
Re: Another Boko Haram Attack Leaves 97 Dead In Kukawa by nwakibe: 5:16am On Jul 04, 2015
God please come to our rescue. What is this? rest in peace to the dead
Re: Another Boko Haram Attack Leaves 97 Dead In Kukawa by agarawu23(m): 5:51am On Jul 04, 2015
babyhrt:
hmmmmmmmm

I feel so sowi for this country,our impatience has brought us all to this stage we are in now

this was a terrorist group dat was almost crushed and pushed as far Sambisa..they were already surrendering and divided against itself due to heat dey got from the military bt 2day Buhari whom some claimed to be a supporter of boko haram has given them breathing space with the aim of NEGOTIATING with dem and creating another SCAM of AMNESTY programme for the North.

the victims in all dis are the Nigerian pple

I thank God I was nt part of those who brought Nigeria to this confusion with their votes
your post is meaningless

just say you are against the new govt. or probably an enemy of the new govt

may God help Nigeria and lead our president through.

1 Like

Re: Another Boko Haram Attack Leaves 97 Dead In Kukawa by youngberry001(m): 6:12am On Jul 04, 2015
tau may God save us.
Re: Another Boko Haram Attack Leaves 97 Dead In Kukawa by stuff46(m): 7:06am On Jul 04, 2015
This is too much. God please to our rescue!
Re: Another Boko Haram Attack Leaves 97 Dead In Kukawa by lincolnj88: 7:10am On Jul 04, 2015
grin the change is all about changing from living to dead

(1) (Reply)

Punch Makes Reference To Comments On Nairaland / Injustices Against Biafra In Nigeria By Ogawisdom / Buhari Becomes First Nigerian President To Stay In US President's Guest House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.