Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,196 members, 7,880,723 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 04:17 AM

Dead Man Withdraws N4.3M From Union Bank In Kaduna: Mysterious - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Dead Man Withdraws N4.3M From Union Bank In Kaduna: Mysterious (53701 Views)

Union Bank 100 Years Celebration Music Video / Dilapidated Union Bank In Chibok Town / Union Bank Introduces SMS Banking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dead Man Withdraws N4.3M From Union Bank In Kaduna: Mysterious by passey: 12:49pm On Jul 04, 2015
All die na die. How can you say it is not their time? When ever one dies is their time. As only God has the power to know and to determine how, where and when one dies. Jesus Christ died at 33yrs and it was never premature in any way, if you understand purpose that is. Emancipate yourself from mental slavery.
Bonapart:
People who died by accident are not always gone because it wasn't yet their time....
There was a case when i was growing up, a young man in our village who died by accident bought wrappers for someone to go and give his mom.... it was when the person arrived that he was told that the young young mine died some months ago....he argued it but when he got back to the city there wasn't trace of him.... hv heard lots if stories like including about a young lady who died through abortion
Re: Dead Man Withdraws N4.3M From Union Bank In Kaduna: Mysterious by Madamkilljoy(f): 12:51pm On Jul 04, 2015
This story reminds me of Dayo's Black Maria.
Re: Dead Man Withdraws N4.3M From Union Bank In Kaduna: Mysterious by Xcozee(m): 12:52pm On Jul 04, 2015
Re: Dead Man Withdraws N4.3M From Union Bank In Kaduna: Mysterious by Donbabajayz(m): 12:53pm On Jul 04, 2015
to correct those thinking the death of the said doctor is a lie, I am an indigene of okposi in ohaozara lga ebonyi state, the sad news was all over the place in 2013, my cousin was a member of the proposed asebi team and I was at the wife-to-be's house to console her after the burial. But for the missing money, somebody is definitely playing games and the person must have an insider in the bank to pull off that kinda stunt

2 Likes

Re: Dead Man Withdraws N4.3M From Union Bank In Kaduna: Mysterious by Bonapart(m): 12:54pm On Jul 04, 2015
passey:
All die na die. How can you say it is not their time? When ever one dies is their time. As only God has the power to know and to determine how, where and when one dies. Jesus Christ died at 33yrs and it was never premature in any way, if you understand purpose that is. Emancipate yourself from mental slavery.
what has your point has to do with mental slavery... i won't waste my time with you and pls dnt try to quote me again
Re: Dead Man Withdraws N4.3M From Union Bank In Kaduna: Mysterious by swiftz(f): 12:54pm On Jul 04, 2015
Wait guys, lets back up for a sec and check this.

We all know that when you request for an ATM cards, it takes about 2 or 3 weeks for it to get to you. And from the story, the guy died on the 10th and the withdrawal occurred on the 18th. OK. Its possible that he requested for a new card b4 his death, but a banker got to know about his death and decided to make use of the card as soon as it arrived. Remember that these bankers are the ones that hand over the envelop with your card and pin to you.

1 Like

Re: Dead Man Withdraws N4.3M From Union Bank In Kaduna: Mysterious by Nobody: 12:56pm On Jul 04, 2015
How are we sure thet the late man's wife is not an Apc member?

One of the bank worker might be involve.
Re: Dead Man Withdraws N4.3M From Union Bank In Kaduna: Mysterious by Gabrendo(m): 12:56pm On Jul 04, 2015
The story is sad and shocking. My condolence goes to his supposed bride and family. However i think the whole withdrawal tirade is a scam, i don't know who's instigating it but God knows.
Re: Dead Man Withdraws N4.3M From Union Bank In Kaduna: Mysterious by Nobody: 12:57pm On Jul 04, 2015
jimngam:
With ATM withdrawal limit set at N150,000 or N200,N200,000 (for platinum cards), you need about 3-3-4 weeks to withdraw N4.3M from an ATM.

Unless Union Bank has the fasttrack POS-esque machine (like GTBank), then one can withdraw N4.3M at a blow, since no cashless policy in Kaduna yet (hope am right). In this case it means whoever withdraws has to be physically present in the banking hall to do that, and the CCTV should have the record of the person. A lot of looseholes in this story, if the story is true, somebody is trying to be smart and cover and internal/external fraud.

Cashless policy dey Kaduna
This is some scam and it should be easy to unravel
But trust nah...

1 Like

Re: Dead Man Withdraws N4.3M From Union Bank In Kaduna: Mysterious by Nobody: 12:58pm On Jul 04, 2015
whirlwind7:
C'mon!
Anyone who assumes that his ghost did this, must be a slowpoke.

Of course, someone who is aware of the young man's death, and who knows his accounts details committed this fraud.
Since the withdrawals was via ATM, the crook should have been caught on it's camera, right?

Who applied for and processed the requirements for the debit card to be issued? The bank ought to have all the records nawww.

The bogeyman would be a friend, relation or the bank employee. If Naija police is half dilligent, they will unravel this "mystery" within a few days.

So how would you explain my aunt dying and we not finding any photograph or passport for her obituary.? We had to consult her company who retrieved passport from her CV. undecided.

After her burial, lo and behold, her mothrr found several pics of hers In her own box we transported back to the village, I and my mom packed ourselves! !!!
Re: Dead Man Withdraws N4.3M From Union Bank In Kaduna: Mysterious by Otunbatrafford: 1:03pm On Jul 04, 2015
There's likelihood that such transactions actually occurred after the demise of the account owner but the probability of a dead man using his debit card to transact on his account using ATM or via alternative Channels is zero. There could an error of commission from the branch through issuance of a debit card to a wrong customer. The E-business desk might have tie another customer's name to the dead man's account. The bank needs to carry out a thorough investigation to unravel the mysterious disappearance of funds from the man's account.
Re: Dead Man Withdraws N4.3M From Union Bank In Kaduna: Mysterious by Ogetogeo(m): 1:05pm On Jul 04, 2015
This is what happened.

A smart police officer with conjunction with some bank staffs would have perpetuated this crime.

1. The family have not reported to bank about their brother death.

2. The police were the ones likely with his ID and some vital personal documents being that they also "Stole" the said cash on him. They like stole "Vital" info too.

3. The police officer(s), also likely retrieved his phone, used for the crime and then blocked it not to leave a trace.

4. Only the police is likely to have all these info; phone, ID cards and all being that when the family got to the scene, the body has been evacuated and also the only surviving brother was fatally injured according to report.

5. The police officer(s) and some bank officials could have forged his signature, apply for ATM card, collect it and wipe his account since he never had nor applied for one when alive.

They should employ a private investigator to investigate the crime

2 Likes

Re: Dead Man Withdraws N4.3M From Union Bank In Kaduna: Mysterious by Juxtified(m): 1:07pm On Jul 04, 2015
whirlwind7:
C'mon!
Anyone who assumes that his ghost did this, must be a slowpoke.

Of course, someone who is aware of the young man's death, and who knows his accounts details committed this fraud.
Since the withdrawals was via ATM, the crook should have been caught on it's camera, right?

Who applied for and processed the requirements for the debit card to be issued? The bank ought to have all the records nawww.

The bogeyman would be a friend, relation or the bank employee. If Naija police is half dilligent, they will unravel this "mystery" within a few days.
Thank you my brother. At least there are people who still make use of their brains. You're one of the few reasons why i believe there's still hope for Nigeria.
Re: Dead Man Withdraws N4.3M From Union Bank In Kaduna: Mysterious by ylaa(f): 1:07pm On Jul 04, 2015
me too dey wonder.
dabwan123:
How come before a post appear on my screen, there are already over 20 comments? undecided cry
Re: Dead Man Withdraws N4.3M From Union Bank In Kaduna: Mysterious by techlegs: 1:13pm On Jul 04, 2015
Fishy meaty story.
Re: Dead Man Withdraws N4.3M From Union Bank In Kaduna: Mysterious by juman(m): 1:24pm On Jul 04, 2015
This is the country where dishonesty is the order of the day.

Police sitting on the money gave to them.

Bank officers can be involved.

Problem is bad leaders.

2 Likes

Re: Dead Man Withdraws N4.3M From Union Bank In Kaduna: Mysterious by MKO4ever(m): 1:30pm On Jul 04, 2015
What does he want to use the money for? Abi Angels sef don dey accept bribe for heaven?
Re: Dead Man Withdraws N4.3M From Union Bank In Kaduna: Mysterious by hidee20(m): 1:31pm On Jul 04, 2015
He need it on his way(journey)...... grin
Re: Dead Man Withdraws N4.3M From Union Bank In Kaduna: Mysterious by 9jatatafo(m): 1:36pm On Jul 04, 2015
If ghost can apply for ATM and make withdrawal then it is nollywood because ghost can make phone call and avoid on coming vehicles on our home videos or there is an insider that have the low down of the account details. And for the police that vanished the cash. I nor fit shout.

1 Like

Re: Dead Man Withdraws N4.3M From Union Bank In Kaduna: Mysterious by damiloladuke: 1:37pm On Jul 04, 2015
mystery indeed

PRESIDENT BUHARI MUST READ MY SIGNATURE
Re: Dead Man Withdraws N4.3M From Union Bank In Kaduna: Mysterious by Adesiji77: 1:38pm On Jul 04, 2015
ladkud:
Work of the bank officers

Fallacy of hasty generalisation.

Maybe, maybe not...

You can never too sure in these situations.

Apparently, there are criminals ( "syndicates" ) with wide networks and whose mission include targeting the bank accounts of deceased customers and dormant accounts with large balances.

If the deceased's family had notified the branch, the account would have been "blocked" and such a fraud would not have taken place.
Re: Dead Man Withdraws N4.3M From Union Bank In Kaduna: Mysterious by Cholison(m): 1:38pm On Jul 04, 2015
Union Bank is a haven of fraudsters, avoid the bank while alive or else....

1 Like

Re: Dead Man Withdraws N4.3M From Union Bank In Kaduna: Mysterious by Kirinwa: 1:38pm On Jul 04, 2015
Nigerian police keeping money as evidence since 1900 for onward delivery to Mama Iyabo peppersoup and drinks.

The thunder that will fire them is still rehearsing!

1 Like

Re: Dead Man Withdraws N4.3M From Union Bank In Kaduna: Mysterious by Pascal181: 1:41pm On Jul 04, 2015
What will he use money for? ATMs normally take pictures of d users nau,let dem refer 2 dem n fish out d fraudsters.
Re: Dead Man Withdraws N4.3M From Union Bank In Kaduna: Mysterious by Adesiji77: 1:42pm On Jul 04, 2015
Ogetogeo:
This is what happened.

A smart police officer with conjunction with some bank staffs would have perpetuated this crime.

1. The family have not reported to bank about their brother death.

2. The police were the ones likely with his ID and some vital personal documents being that they also "Stole" the said cash on him. They like stole "Vital" info too.

3. The police officer(s), also likely retrieved his phone, used for the crime and then blocked it not to leave a trace.

4. Only the police is likely to have all these info; phone, ID cards and all being that when the family got to the scene, the body has been evacuated and also the only surviving brother was fatally injured according to report.

5. The police officer(s) and some bank officials could have forged his signature, apply for ATM card, collect it and wipe his account since he never had nor applied for one when alive.

They should employ a private investigator to investigate the crime

Brilliant analysis! One bottle of Orijin for you.

You should be employed as a high-ranking CID officer cool

1 Like

Re: Dead Man Withdraws N4.3M From Union Bank In Kaduna: Mysterious by Adesiji77: 1:46pm On Jul 04, 2015
swiftz:
Wait guys, lets back up for a sec and check this.

We all know that when you request for an ATM cards, it takes about 2 or 3 weeks for it to get to you. And from the story, the guy died on the 10th and the withdrawal occurred on the 18th. OK. Its possible that he requested for a new card b4 his death, but a banker got to know about his death and decided to make use of the card as soon as it arrived. Remember that these bankers are the ones that hand over the envelop with your card and pin to you.

Some banks now do instant debit cards issuance...
Re: Dead Man Withdraws N4.3M From Union Bank In Kaduna: Mysterious by darlenese(f): 1:48pm On Jul 04, 2015
Something is fishy , I suspect the police , the bank or someone very close to the deceased.

2 Likes

Re: Dead Man Withdraws N4.3M From Union Bank In Kaduna: Mysterious by Adesiji77: 1:59pm On Jul 04, 2015
darlenese:
Something is fishy , I suspect the police , the bank or someone very close to the deceased.

Definitely...you can smell a thousand rats from the whole plot.

No wonder many banks have developed a stricter confirmation process for "online" withdrawals i.e. withdrawals outside the branch of domiciliation.

If the request for ATM had been made in the branch where the account was domiciled, it is unlikely that the impersonation/fraud would have been successful, unless there is internal collaboration, which is a possibility.

Unfortunately, the operations manager and customer service officer would be in a very "hot soup" now whether or not there was connivance from them or other bank officers.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dead Man Withdraws N4.3M From Union Bank In Kaduna: Mysterious by Olufemiolaolu(m): 2:10pm On Jul 04, 2015
efilefun:
The bank officials should be held responsible cuz someone who doesn't have an ATM before he's death suddenly withdrawing cash from the ATM, that story get k-leg, then family members too ain't left out..

Abii dead body self don dey sort angel to enter heaven? Lol

You lack wisdom... I wonder how you cope with your life self
Exactly, Somebody committed this fraud of course. The bank officials don enter gobe. Which yeye culture dey offer food 4 young dead man burial sef? Y didnt he collect d money over d counter? The fraudster didnt want his picture captured that is d reason 4 using atm 4 safety
measure. The bank official conspired in this fraud.
Re: Dead Man Withdraws N4.3M From Union Bank In Kaduna: Mysterious by Agbalanze(m): 2:14pm On Jul 04, 2015
This is a case of fraud by a family member or the bank but our police is dull and clueless just like pmb that they can't unveil it.

2 Likes

Re: Dead Man Withdraws N4.3M From Union Bank In Kaduna: Mysterious by Belmot(m): 2:18pm On Jul 04, 2015
How can you withdraw N4.3M with an ATM? That should be over the counter withdrawal this story get k-leg jor.
Re: Dead Man Withdraws N4.3M From Union Bank In Kaduna: Mysterious by 2goodbobo(m): 2:29pm On Jul 04, 2015
Bank dey thief, Police dey do their own. which way Naija?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

First Bank Apologises About Lagos Trekking Tweet Today (Screenshots) / A Loan App Just Served My Neighbour A Court Order / Coronavirus: Mike Adenuga Donates N1.5 Billion To Fight COVID-19

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.