Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,287 members, 7,964,259 topics. Date: Wednesday, 02 October 2024 at 10:53 AM

US Judge Recognises Old Classmate In Court Room - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / US Judge Recognises Old Classmate In Court Room (859 Views)

RCCG Woman Who Attempted Suicide In Lagos Arraigned In Court, Granted N500k Bail / US Judge Recognises Old School Friend In Dock / US Judge Recognises Old School Friend In Dock (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

US Judge Recognises Old Classmate In Court Room by ibullem(m): 11:50am On Jul 04, 2015
A burglary suspect broke down in tears in the dock when the judge recognised him as a former schoolmate and said he had been the "best kid" in school.

Arthur Booth appeared in front of judge Mindy Glazer at Miami-Dade bond court charged with burglary.

Booth, 49, was arrested on Monday after being spotted driving a car that matched the description of one allegedly involved in a robbery and failing to stop after a police officer signalled him to.

A police chase followed, resulting in two accidents before he crashed the car.

He fled on foot but was eventually caught and charged with various offences.

When he was taken into court, the judge looked at him for a moment or two and then asked: "Did you go to Nautilus?"

"Oh my goodness," replied Booth several times, at first with smiles and then breaking down in tears.

"I'm sorry to see you here," replied Judge Glazer. "I always wondered what happened to you."

"This was the nicest kid in middle school," she told the court. "He was the best kid in middle school. I used to play football with him, all the kids, and look what has happened."

"What's sad is how old we've become," she continued before finishing the conversation with: "Good luck to you, sir, I hope you are able to come out of this OK and just lead a lawful life."

The judge set Booth's bond at $43,000 (£27,500).

Source: news.sky.com/story/1512689/friends-reunited-judge-meets-old-pal-in-dockfriends-reunited-judge-meets-old-pal-in-dock

Cc: Ikenna351, OAM4J, Afam4eva

Re: US Judge Recognises Old Classmate In Court Room by ZeezaRapture(m): 12:16pm On Jul 04, 2015
undecided
Re: US Judge Recognises Old Classmate In Court Room by ERF: 1:33pm On Jul 04, 2015
I'm sure the judge might be among the dullards then,

Good lesson learnt.

Tomorrow is pregnant with unknown kids!
Re: US Judge Recognises Old Classmate In Court Room by ibullem(m): 1:48pm On Jul 04, 2015
ERF:

Good lesson learnt.

That's true

Life has so many freaking twist and turns.
Re: US Judge Recognises Old Classmate In Court Room by ibullem(m): 1:50pm On Jul 04, 2015
ERF :

Good lesson learnt.

That's true

Life has so many freaking twist and turns.

(1) (Reply)

Dance In These Countries And End Up In Hell. / Shocking: ASP Allegedly Led Hoodlums To Kill 20-yr-old Barber (photo) / Look At What Karma Did To This Guy's Face When He Tried Raping a 21 Years Old

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.