Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,255 members, 7,880,956 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 09:56 AM

I Support Dialogue With Boko Haram - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / I Support Dialogue With Boko Haram (465 Views)

Army Arrested Borno CJTF Over Link With Boko Haram / Why I Support Jungle Justice-baddo The Ikorodu Rapist Released!!! / Dialogue With Niger Delta Avengers Not An Option. Says Army.-leapfame.com (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Support Dialogue With Boko Haram by frankijege(m): 5:19pm On Jul 04, 2015
Some of you know that I have always canvassed for dialogue or anything in addition to, or apart from military approach to the Boko Haram menace. When ever issues of dialogue come up, some people lose their cool and allow their emotions take the better part of them.
Although we don't like to accept this fact, a sole military approach has repeatedly failed to quell the insurgents. Therefore, we should adopt the carrot approach. Now, some people may disagree with me, no doubt. But it is easy to disagree, especially when you are not in anyway affected, whether directly or indirectly. Scores of people are killed everyday and you think the best solution is to send in more soldiers? Aren't we tired of spilling the blood of our soldiers without meaningful result?
It is a good thing government has given a thought to the idea of negotiation, even though it had criticised this in the past. However, in negotiating, government must earn the trust of these terrorist, and must be sincere. The terrorist on their part must do same.
While I welcome the idea of negotiation, government should not fool itself into believing that it is the only means of ending insurgency. We must cut the source of their funds and recruitment. It may do us well to know who their sponsors are, while negotiating. To check mate recruitment, government must dissuade will youths. This it can do by engaging them positively.

(1) (Reply)

Five Nigerian Students Detained In Malaysia Over 125.2m Internet Fraud. / Honda Begins Production Of Cars In Nigeria / Fake Doctor To Refund Nine-year Wage To FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.