Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,232 members, 7,964,026 topics. Date: Wednesday, 02 October 2024 at 05:59 AM

Help, My Dogs Are Dying!!! 4 Dogs In 2 Days - Pets (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Help, My Dogs Are Dying!!! 4 Dogs In 2 Days (24709 Views)

I Love My Dogs! / Dogs In Nairobi Banned From Having Sex In Public. / Popular Dogs In Nigeria And Their Breed Info (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help, My Dogs Are Dying!!! 4 Dogs In 2 Days by tranxo(m): 3:16pm On Jul 07, 2015
darvic1515:

Haaaa oshogbo, he's an elderly man, I'm not sure he can travel down to oshogbo, and like wise u bringing ya dogs down here, I'll suggest u ask around for a good registered vet, or better still go to a government vet, I'm sure osun state will have a vet clinic, go there my friend and act fast, parvo virus is very contagious.
Seems you want to show off. Just dey show yourself. Are you the one to judge the distance a man would take to save something he loves? IMHO there is no elderly man.
Re: Help, My Dogs Are Dying!!! 4 Dogs In 2 Days by kafibiz(m): 3:34pm On Jul 07, 2015
[b][/b]
owner:
Good day Bosses...

Please I need your Urgent help and Advice.

I was at my Kennel 3 Days ago and my 4 Month Old Rottweiler could not eat anything instead she was Vomitting and Passing out Blood from her Anus, before the Arrival of the Vet, The Dog has given up.

Just Yesterday, The Vet came around and he Vaccinated all the Dogs but we lost another Boarboel puppy with the same Problem the First Rot had.

Just this Morning again, I lost another Puppy Boarboel and a 5 Month old Rot Vomitting and Blood from the Anus again.

Please am Afraid and Discouraged, I don't know whats happening..

Someone said it might just be Parvo, Please who has experience this Issue before, Kindly put me through on what to do so this Issue won't happen again, The Vet can't help.

Pls help!!!!
owner:
Good day Bosses...

I was at my Kennel 3 Days ago and my 4 Month Old Rottweiler could not eat anything instead she was Vomitting and Passing out Blood from her Anus, before the Arrival of the Vet, The Dog has given up.

Just Yesterday, The Vet came around and he Vaccinated all the Dogs but we lost another Boarboel puppy with the same Problem the First Rot had.

Just this Morning again, I lost another Puppy Boarboel and a 5 Month old Rot Vomitting and Blood from the Anus again.

Someone said it might just be Parvo, Please who has experience this Issue before, Kindly put me through on what to do so this Issue won't happen again, The Vet can't help.

Pls help!!!!
owner:
Good day Bosses...

Pls help!!!!
I think it's pavo virus, i had this kinda experience some months ago. This will help-
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canine_parvovirus

1 Like

Re: Help, My Dogs Are Dying!!! 4 Dogs In 2 Days by darvic1515(m): 3:52pm On Jul 07, 2015
tranxo:
Seems you want to show off. Just dey show yourself. Are you the one to judge the distance a man would take to save something he loves? IMHO there is no elderly man.
Seems you don't understand what I'm saying, how do you expect him to transport 10dogs from oshogbo to akure? And how do you expect a 70+ old man to travel down to oshogbo? That was why i asked him if he resides in akure,He can get a good vet @ oshogbo that's why I told him to visit any government vet clinic. Treating parvo is a 50 50 thing, no guarantee get my point b4 running ya mouth bro.
Re: Help, My Dogs Are Dying!!! 4 Dogs In 2 Days by Nobody: 3:52pm On Jul 07, 2015
We are all right on d step to take but u will need a fumigatior to fumigate ur whole compound then u call me on 08033352969 ASAP then take ur remaining dogs to a vet
Re: Help, My Dogs Are Dying!!! 4 Dogs In 2 Days by darvic1515(m): 3:57pm On Jul 07, 2015
owner:
Good day Bosses...

Pls help!!!!

What's the new development now bro? How are the other dogs?
Re: Help, My Dogs Are Dying!!! 4 Dogs In 2 Days by HAKKINS(f): 4:10pm On Jul 07, 2015
whitebrown:
@ HAKKINS
Please explain to me how the op was careless and deserves no pity? Are you a vet? at statement is unwarranted. You. To someone with multiple dogs who breeds on a fairly large scale, he needs to learn how to deal with situations and know if he has to call a vet,. To paint him as a person trying to outsmart the vet is very harsh and rash. Before you criticize me, I have been to over 100 breeders and kn
ITK PEOPLE LIK OP ARE NOT HARD TO KNW. FRM HIS POST IT CLEAR HES NOT STRAIGHTFORWARD AND D HISTORY HE GAVE IS NOT COMPLETE. IT CAN BE DEDUCED DAT HE DINT ADHERE TO PROPER VACCINATION REGIMEN BFORE D OUTBREAK COS HE RESORTED TO VACINATION AFTER D OUTBREAK, SOMETIN UNNECESARY HAD HE VACCINATED EARLIER. ALSO BELIEVING VETS CANT HELP FRM HIS POST SHOWS A TOTAL DISREGARD FOR DEIR PROFESSIONAL SERVICE OR ADVICE.QUESTIONABLE IS THE FACT DAT A TRUE VET WUD VACCINATE SICK ANIMALS DURING AN OUTBREAK.
Re: Help, My Dogs Are Dying!!! 4 Dogs In 2 Days by Donkuro: 4:32pm On Jul 07, 2015
#Parvo
this is a deadly virus that one needs to be careful of. its caused as a result of improper handling of the vaccine. the vaccine should be properly cold below 0.5degree. i lost two of my pups some months back because of this.. the cure to this is really a 50 - 50 one.. immediate quarantine should be carried out on the other dogs... take heart man. some vets are just too careless..
Re: Help, My Dogs Are Dying!!! 4 Dogs In 2 Days by Vetsolo(m): 5:31pm On Jul 07, 2015
owner:
Good day Bosses...

Pls help!!!!

my dia am a veterinarian pls i want to ask dis questions those pups vaccinated are dey showing symptoms? of parvo ? pls if dey are quit any form of vaccination treatment shud b based on clinical sign u do not vaccinate sick animals pls it worsens dia situation. .2) frm ur post u av nt been religious wit ur routine vaccination regime hence d outbreak hence make sure all ur pup are vacc at wen due and routinely giv vitamin based drug and cocktaiks of antibiotic prophylaxis with dis u wud b gud if u av any. question hook me up on Twitter@ vetsolo28

1 Like

Re: Help, My Dogs Are Dying!!! 4 Dogs In 2 Days by arcbay(m): 5:50pm On Jul 07, 2015
arcbay:
OP...I'll be blunt here, please take no offense because I mean none.

Firstly, this is a nice prospect I must confess, but be sure you're doing it for the love for them and not for ROI.

Secondly, you're a starter, you shouldn't be after populating your kennel, rather you shld be after quality and the maintenance of standards. You need to consider the risk of transfer of infection. Sure you can't understand what I mean now, but soon you'll get to know the risks involved. It's better you have few dogs with an unquestionable and undisputable purity than having many dogs from impure lineage.

Thirdly, you need to get a whole lot of things right before going large scale. Feeding, medication, time, quarantine measures, etc

Fourthly, I'd advice you get the attention of an expert, one who you can always call on in trouble, someone who has an undivided loyalty for you.

I wish you well in your quest bro, much love.

Bro, i bet you ignored my advice...I vowed to limit the rate at which i post here on NL, but i just can't take my eyes off this one...

So sorry about your loss, but you missed it from the start...Not too late tho, retrace your steps, get things right and you'll be the best over there...
Re: Help, My Dogs Are Dying!!! 4 Dogs In 2 Days by charlesucheh(m): 5:54pm On Jul 07, 2015
There are people perishing in zaria, and all you can think of are your stupid dogs. You dogs can die and many more you're aspiring to have. Idiot!
Re: Help, My Dogs Are Dying!!! 4 Dogs In 2 Days by preetyb(f): 5:55pm On Jul 07, 2015
Guy run for ur life, its ebola.
Re: Help, My Dogs Are Dying!!! 4 Dogs In 2 Days by arcbay(m): 5:57pm On Jul 07, 2015
And i'm sure you now understand what i meant by the risks involved...Others can learn from this too

1 Like

Re: Help, My Dogs Are Dying!!! 4 Dogs In 2 Days by jobaltol: 6:23pm On Jul 07, 2015
owner:
Good day Bosses...

Pls help!!!!

See this might be a viral condition that usually affect unvaccinated dogs...since u a staying in osogbo, I will suggest you contact a registered vet..especially around technical area, for proper diagnosis and management.

From a veterinarian

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help, My Dogs Are Dying!!! 4 Dogs In 2 Days by alphalpha(m): 6:27pm On Jul 07, 2015
owner:
Good day Bosses...

Pls help!!!!

clear symptoms of rape
sounds like u have a serial rapist on the loose, a paedophile at that. get a police dog to conduct the investigation...
Re: Help, My Dogs Are Dying!!! 4 Dogs In 2 Days by Nobody: 7:07pm On Jul 07, 2015
PIA PIA AT WORK
Re: Help, My Dogs Are Dying!!! 4 Dogs In 2 Days by annibro(f): 8:42pm On Jul 07, 2015
owner:
Thanks Magpies and Knyte..
Please Kindly help Communicate the Vet number to 08077633177... Am in Osogbo and the Kennel is here also.

Just as u vaccinate new born babies against 5 killer diz like meningitis,poliomyelitis, tetanus, TB etc, Puppies are also vaccinated against 6 killer diz at their early stages wit 2 diffrent vaccines; DHLPP which prevent against Distenmper,Hepatitis,Leptospirosis, Parvovirus etc & ARVaccine which takes care of Rabies. Dis disease is better prevented cos treatment is difficult as it's self limiting ie either d dog comes out of it or it dies. D treatment is more of management or supportive as it takes care of d symptoms since viral disease cannot be cured. Just like HIV wer u focus on d symtoms as it surfaces. So weda u import a Vet from abroad, d chances are 50/50 as dey are still puppies with low immunity. Treatment for canine parvovirus is supportive as I said earlier and the goals are to relieve symptoms and prevent complications. Because the disease progresses so quickly, it is important to begin treatment as soon as possible.
In most cases, hospitalization is required. Treatment usually involves intravenous (IV) fluids, anti-nausea medications, and antibiotics to prevent secondary infections. Infected dogs should be kept warm and away from other dogs and activity should be restricted.
Treatment for CPV is not always successful, even when it is started promptly. In dogs that recover from infection, improvement may be seen in 2 or 3 days.
Clean kernel with Bleach in ratio of 1:30 to water & Pray as infection if not properly handled can last up to 2mnths in d environment

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help, My Dogs Are Dying!!! 4 Dogs In 2 Days by oyatmicah(m): 9:33pm On Jul 07, 2015
guy f ast 4 seven days wit strng prayers. na d ancestors of d dogs dey call em
Re: Help, My Dogs Are Dying!!! 4 Dogs In 2 Days by Donkuro: 9:57pm On Jul 07, 2015
@Owner, what is the state of the other dogs? its really a morale dropping situation just take heart and follow the advice of these gents....
Re: Help, My Dogs Are Dying!!! 4 Dogs In 2 Days by tonididdy(m): 10:32pm On Jul 07, 2015
I love dogs but as humans let's also have at the back of our minds when it comes to strange pet diSeases.

This is how we transfer diseases to the human race...ebola started from the love for monkeys and bats.

@op please be careful with what u are handling. Btw I pray your dogs get well soon
Re: Help, My Dogs Are Dying!!! 4 Dogs In 2 Days by Egoarab(m): 10:48pm On Jul 07, 2015
I don't how drugs work on dogs but using human as ref ...Genta,flagyi etc are anti biotics I.e anti bacteria and pavo is a virus...I think ORS its the best while isolating the dogs and disinfecting the kennel .
Re: Help, My Dogs Are Dying!!! 4 Dogs In 2 Days by Jonnyseg(m): 9:10pm On Jul 08, 2015
Firstly your vet shouldn't av vaccinated the other dogs, he shud av instead check if they also are showing clinical signs of Parvoviral enteritis. Vaccinating infected dogs will worsen their condition. Now this is my adv ice. Look for a good vet clinic around you and report the case. Your dog's shud be on Saline water and lactated ringers now, both will be constituted. This measure is a management measure and not a curative measure. If u meet a good vet, he will knw what to do anyway. It's a 50-50 chance

1 Like

Re: Help, My Dogs Are Dying!!! 4 Dogs In 2 Days by wahabdisu: 1:15am On Oct 29, 2015
visit https://k9dogcare. to know more about dog care
Re: Help, My Dogs Are Dying!!! 4 Dogs In 2 Days by Nobody: 3:16pm On Jun 01, 2019
It's simple not just beastly! cool
Re: Help, My Dogs Are Dying!!! 4 Dogs In 2 Days by Nobody: 8:00pm On Jul 02, 2019
jobaltol:
See this might be a viral condition that usually affect unvaccinated dogs...since u a staying in osogbo, I will suggest you contact a registered vet..especially around technical area, for proper diagnosis and management.From a veterinarian

smiley
Re: Help, My Dogs Are Dying!!! 4 Dogs In 2 Days by nelsonose: 3:09am On Jul 19, 2019
Please how can I eliminate parvovirus from my environment. My suspicion arisen from the lost of my previous puppy from ailment suspected to have caused by the disease. Urgent response, please.
Re: Help, My Dogs Are Dying!!! 4 Dogs In 2 Days by dollarfist: 12:57pm On Feb 09, 2020
Brought my new rott puppy (11wks) home on Sunday, Wednesday /Thursday she stopped eating. I google the symptoms and read some posts on nairaland, went to the vet and showed poop pictures. He said is parvo, and the treatment is 14k. I brought the dog, she could barely breathe at this point. He gave her 3 injections (both hind and one fore), she screamed in pain. He said no food till treatment is over, I bought oral rehydration drug for children and diastop (1 cap, 3 times a day) . I just used my brain to add glucose. Went home, gave her the solution, she drank. I could barely sleep. The next day, we went back to the vet, 2 more injections on my poor girl, she was looking a little better. On reaching home she broke down again, could barely stand. I kept giving diastop and ORS (30cl of water to 1/3 of the ORS sachet). 3rd day of treatment, she was looking a little better and eager for food. I gave her 2 hard Boiled egg yolk for energy. Went to the vet in the evening, gave her another 3 injection, this time she peeped out of fear and pain. Took her home, kept rehydrating her. Today, Sunday, she playing and lively. Eating and drinking, still plan to give her ORS and diastop till they finishes. Some vets are good. One told me 4k, but he has a lot of puppy blood on his hands. This my current vet is good but u use him for emergency only. He's charges are high (4k per distemper shot, 4k for anti rabies). So thanks to all those who wrote stuff on parvo on nairaland, God bless you all.
smiley

1 Like

Re: Help, My Dogs Are Dying!!! 4 Dogs In 2 Days by kingdiamond(m): 12:36pm On Feb 10, 2020
From the way you start to narrate your story . I knew that ur pup will survive the illness . Mine survived her's when she was 7 month's old . Which was march 2018 . I treated her myself . It took 3 day's . Coconut water is very good for it's treatment . With some drug's .
dollarfist:
Brought my new rott puppy (11wks) home on Sunday, Wednesday /Thursday she stopped eating. I google the symptoms and read some posts on nairaland, went to the vet and showed poop pictures. He said is parvo, and the treatment is 14k. I brought the dog, she could barely breathe at this point. He gave her 3 injections (both hind and one fore), she screamed in pain. He said no food till treatment is over, I bought oral rehydration drug for children and diastop (1 cap, 3 times a day) . I just used my brain to add glucose. Went home, gave her the solution, she drank. I could barely sleep. The next day, we went back to the vet, 2 more injections on my poor girl, she was looking a little better. On reaching home she broke down again, could barely stand. I kept giving diastop and ORS (30cl of water to 1/3 of the ORS sachet). 3rd day of treatment, she was looking a little better and eager for food. I gave her 2 hard Boiled egg yolk for energy. Went to the vet in the evening, gave her another 3 injection, this time she peeped out of fear and pain. Took her home, kept rehydrating her. Today, Sunday, she playing and lively. Eating and drinking, still plan to give her ORS and diastop till they finishes. Some vets are good. One told me 4k, but he has a lot of puppy blood on his hands. This my current vet is good but u use him for emergency only. He's charges are high (4k per distemper shot, 4k for anti rabies). So thanks to all those who wrote stuff on parvo on nairaland, God bless you all.
smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Bobbysaxy Want's To Scam Me Of N120,000 / Raw Feeding Ideas For Nigerian Dog Owners / Can I Cook Weed (igbo) For My Dog To Be Aggressive

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.