Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,213 members, 7,887,573 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 10:49 AM

Corruption: Buhari May Probe CBN - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Corruption: Buhari May Probe CBN (801 Views)

Corruption: Buhari Has Letters Implicating Jonathan - PMB Biographer, John Paden / Corruption: Buhari Raises Prosecution Panel, Names Members / Corruption: BUHARI gives EFCC Go Ahead to Probe JONATHAN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Corruption: Buhari May Probe CBN by ishowdotgmail(m): 3:44am On Jul 05, 2015
President Muhammadu Buhari may extend his investigation into recent activities of some government agencies and departments to the Central Bank of Nigeria, SUNDAY PUNCH has learnt.

Buhari had while meeting state governors on June 23, stated that officials of the past government abandoned all financial and administrative instructions put in place in parastatals and agencies, therefore throwing the country into financial crisis.

He also vowed at that meeting that funds stolen by government officials who abused their offices in the past would be recovered and systemic leakages stopped.

A Presidency official on condition of anonymity told our correspondent on Saturday that the issue of alleged financial malpractices in the CBN featured prominently during the meeting Buhari had with the state governors.

The source said in the course of reviewing activities of government agencies and parastatals under the administration of former President Goodluck Jonathan during the meeting, a state governor made reference to the CBN.

He said the governor, who he refused to name, did not mince words in asking Buhari to ensure that he extends his investigation to the bank.

He said, “I can tell you authoritatively that the issue of the CBN came up during the meeting the President had with state governors recently.

“I remember vividly that one governor raised the issue and called on the President to extend ongoing probes to the CBN.”

The official did not however disclose the President’s disposition to the submission made by the governor.

When contacted, the Special Adviser to the President on Media and Publicity, Mr. Femi Adesina, said he had no information on the issue.

Adesina, however, said the Buhari administration was committed to transparency and accountability in all sectors.

The National Economic Council led by Vice President Yemi Osinbajo had on Monday launched a probe into the finances of the Nigerian National Petroleum Commission and the management of the Excess Crude Account under former President Goodluck Jonathan.

The investigation to be carried out by four state governors is meant to unravel the sum of N3.8trillion allegedly not remitted to the Federation Account by the NNPC between 2012 and May 2015 as well as the sum of $2.1bn said to have been deducted from the ECA without approval.

The four-man committee consists of the governors of Edo (Adams Oshiomhole); Gombe (Ibrahim Dankwabo); Kaduna (Nasir El-Rufai); and Akwa Ibom (Udom Emmanuel).

They will be presenting their report to the NEC during its next sitting on July 23.

Cc :Lalasticlala

http://www.punchng.com/news/corruption-buhari-may-probe-cbn/
Re: Corruption: Buhari May Probe CBN by HungerBAD: 3:46am On Jul 05, 2015
President Buhari. You are even doing more than what a lot of Nigerians expected, on one hand you are fighting Boko Haram, and so far those cowards are on the run. And on the other hand your kick-against-corruption-fight has been taken to the corridors of corruption i.e NNPC,CBN,EFCC,and the Probe of the Military on arms procurement.

This is far more than what the PDP did in their 16 years in Power.

And all this you did, weeks after you got sworn in. This CBN is very corrupt President Buhari, the other day some WAEC holders working for the CBN, were arrested and charged with stealing billions of Naira. So just imagine what those with degrees would have done inside the CBN, and this is why the financial APEX house of Nigeria should be cleansed very well.

We the people of Nairaland salute your courage, and may the tip of your metal never go blunt in the fight against corruption.

5 Likes

Re: Corruption: Buhari May Probe CBN by Bollove: 3:49am On Jul 05, 2015
CBN own sef go worst past NNPC .
Na wa for dis country and the dullards controlling the economy.
Re: Corruption: Buhari May Probe CBN by Sijo01(f): 3:57am On Jul 05, 2015
'May'? Get their ass prob asap!
Re: Corruption: Buhari May Probe CBN by blackbee: 3:59am On Jul 05, 2015
Oga.. Leave CBN, Boko Haram is finishing Nigeria.. That's one of the reasons they voted against Jonathan.. If Boko Haram kills everyone; who will you probe?
Re: Corruption: Buhari May Probe CBN by Nobody: 4:05am On Jul 05, 2015
After all, he is not new to talking.... all he do is talk, talk talk, we will, we shall, we will... He even has the guts to say They have..... Where was that? Huh? Selfish people......
Re: Corruption: Buhari May Probe CBN by Slynonny(m): 4:20am On Jul 05, 2015
Oh God not again.
Did is cluelessness at its peak.
You tell someone you will kill him.
The person will run for safety.
You tell a tree you will cut it down.
It will be there standing and waiting for you to come and cut it down.
If you can probe anything or anybody then go ahead don't alert them first else they'll tidy their desk in preparation for defense.
Although i know that at 73 you cannot do anything.
#I_hate_mouth_action
Re: Corruption: Buhari May Probe CBN by Sijo01(f): 4:23am On Jul 05, 2015
Slynonny:
Oh God not again.
#I_hate_mouth_action

It's a pity that's what your president is known for.

1 Like

Re: Corruption: Buhari May Probe CBN by Slynonny(m): 4:27am On Jul 05, 2015
Sijo01:

It's a pity that's what your president is known for.
And to think that were going to experience this unhealthy Mouth Action for 4 years.
Am scared oo.
Re: Corruption: Buhari May Probe CBN by easymanofdpeopl(m): 4:33am On Jul 05, 2015
I support
Re: Corruption: Buhari May Probe CBN by Candyrain(m): 4:44am On Jul 05, 2015
This "I will" and "may" is getting to much. Get to work. Shuuuu!!! angry
Re: Corruption: Buhari May Probe CBN by westgermany: 5:16am On Jul 05, 2015
Candyrain:
This "I will" and "may" is getting to much. Get to work. Shuuuu!!! angry
the thing taya person ooooo
Re: Corruption: Buhari May Probe CBN by kazmanbanjoko(m): 5:17am On Jul 05, 2015
Hmmnn, its okay for me

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Corruption: Buhari May Probe CBN by fitzmayowa: 5:18am On Jul 05, 2015
HungerBAD:
President Buhari. You are even doing more than what a lot of Nigerians expected, on one hand you are fighting Boko Haram, and so far those cowards are on the run.

It seems you are not in nigeria, with the boIded insensitive comment, I guess your own definition of fighting BH and BH on the run is the kiIIing of over 700 nigerians in 36days...

Your hypocrisy with the boIded stinks to high heavens...SMH

1 Like

Re: Corruption: Buhari May Probe CBN by hucienda: 5:24am On Jul 05, 2015
Guess it'll be till when he appoints ministers before people know the direction of this administration.

Hope Mr President sure has his bearings right.
Re: Corruption: Buhari May Probe CBN by dokyOloye: 5:31am On Jul 05, 2015
I hope he extends d probe to Sanusi Lamido's tenure too otherwise it would be a witch hunt.

(1) (Reply)

Lagos In 2025_ A City For Only The Big Boys / PHOTO: 3 Men Arrested For Stabbing 27-yr-old Student To Death / Education, Not War Will Defeat Boko Haram – Obasanjo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.