Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,831 members, 7,882,915 topics. Date: Sunday, 07 July 2024 at 06:29 PM

Why We Sacked Stephen Keshi- NFF - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Why We Sacked Stephen Keshi- NFF (30962 Views)

Stephen Appiah Flaunts His Massive Mansion (Photos) / Stephen Keshi Died Of Cardiac Arrest - Family / Stephen Keshi Is Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why We Sacked Stephen Keshi- NFF by Reference(m): 8:00pm On Jul 05, 2015
stinggy:
So who next?
Let's go for Harry Redknapp pls
Hian. He go relegate Supa Heegu go Oceania group. We go dey pata wit Tonga.
Re: Why We Sacked Stephen Keshi- NFF by harrysterol(m): 8:01pm On Jul 05, 2015
Sta:
Well deserved sack after failing to qualify for the nation's cup as defending champion.

In a decent society, Keshi would have resigned.

In North Korea, he would have been strapped to a nuclear war head and fired up to celebrate the Korean newyear.
cheesy cheesy
Re: Why We Sacked Stephen Keshi- NFF by Nobody: 8:07pm On Jul 05, 2015
This is a sports thread/topic.

Why are there so many hidden posts?

Nairaland is getting annoying these days.

From hidden topics to hidden posts, Which way Nairaland?

I am yet to see all the inciting posts by user dickrider removed.

Some Mods here are simply biased..
Re: Why We Sacked Stephen Keshi- NFF by blackboy(m): 8:11pm On Jul 05, 2015
Honestly speaking don't be surprised in a few years time if KEshi is back at the Technical Adviser/coach. That is Nigeria for you. Imagine Amodu still being given the job he was once forced to drop. Amodu, better than Keshi?? please lets try our former player from team USA '94 or Spain. Not saying they will do better but lets try them Plan B
Re: Why We Sacked Stephen Keshi- NFF by Reference(m): 8:14pm On Jul 05, 2015
kuroben4real:
Pep guardiolar said he will be interested in the super eagle's job, so i think Nff should appoint him

You almost got me there. I thought you were refering to Bayern's Pep.
Re: Why We Sacked Stephen Keshi- NFF by fF01(m): 8:19pm On Jul 05, 2015
waste Pipe!

Re: Why We Sacked Stephen Keshi- NFF by vokalguy(m): 8:19pm On Jul 05, 2015
This was over due to be honest. He should have been sacked a in 2014 after the world cup
Re: Why We Sacked Stephen Keshi- NFF by Nobody: 8:23pm On Jul 05, 2015
mankan2k7:
We can buy Mourinho if we put enough resources together
Seriously?
Re: Why We Sacked Stephen Keshi- NFF by fF01(m): 8:25pm On Jul 05, 2015
kuroben4real:
Pep guardiolar said he will be interested in the super eagle's job, so i think Nff should appoint him
Pep guardiolar kor Pep gladiator ni.
Re: Why We Sacked Stephen Keshi- NFF by Georgeray: 8:40pm On Jul 05, 2015
Everything in this country always go back to square zero recycling coaches just like recycling the president of the country!
Re: Why We Sacked Stephen Keshi- NFF by bodejohn(m): 8:52pm On Jul 05, 2015
I wonder why we have to tribalize everything in Nigeria, to sack a coach who from many instances have failed to convince Nigerians and his employers that he is capable and constantly improving has suddenly become a tribal issue.

Siasia was sacked because he couldn't qualify the senior national team for the nation's cup, Keshi didn't qualify the same team and he was sacked yet Nigerians are crying foul.

How can an employee be submitting his CV for another job when he is under a contract that is barely three months old, even players take permission from the employers before they begin talks with other clubs...that is professional discipline and job ethics.

I am not an authority in football matters but I have seen many coaches who were sacked by their employers picking up appoints in other clubs or country. Amodu once qualified the national team for world cup and he is the technical director of the NFF, who better than him should be given the temporary job other than him? He will even most probably head the team that will appoint another coach...

We need to learn to do things right in this country...
Re: Why We Sacked Stephen Keshi- NFF by mypersonalty: 9:13pm On Jul 05, 2015
StOla:
Well deserved sack after failing to qualify for the nation's cup as defending champion.

In a decent society, Keshi would have resigned.

In North Korea, he would have been strapped to a nuclear war head and fired up to celebrate the Korean newyear.
you are funny and wicked... Nuclear war head bawooo, keshi steal ur gf ni?
Re: Why We Sacked Stephen Keshi- NFF by obiakpos: 9:14pm On Jul 05, 2015
Nigerians are very shallow minded, lets weep for Nigeria football just as Okocha said one time Nigeria football is gone. we are here happy about Stephen Keshi sack, I might not be a fan of Stephen keshi but I dont know of any Nigeria that can achieve what he has done let just say in the next five years. lets talk about Keshi, Amaju and Nff.
Keshi is one of the the first Nigerians that played professionally football abroad, he had paid sacrificed for this country, captained the eagles won the nations cup came back as a coach won it again, coached other two African countries. he missed it when he did leave when the ovation was the loudest. that is a typically African man. we just open our mouth to comment ignorantly, when we know the condition this guy worked. even though he was stubborn. he tried and he was not disgraced he was a hard nut for them to crack. I don't think he was technically deficient, he just needed to update himself with the latest trend in football, we forget this guy has been in this game for over 30 years. people just come here and talking rubbish.as if Keshi is the problem of Nigerian football. They sold lies to us like the government was the one holding them back to let him go.but the govt left and they still hired him and all of a sudden they fire him for excuses that does not hold ground. this is going to be like APC and PDP Matter, where APC sold lies to us and now cannot fix the government. let them explain to us how and when he actually applied for the job. I believe they thought they could do business with him, because in their mind they want a foreign coach, which they cannot pay for now. lets see if they would win the nations and world cup now.
Amaju is a devil, he is out to destroy go and find out what he did in Delta state, he destroys peoples character portray himself as the one that knows every things too forwad ambitious and over sabi. his administration is already failing after promising heaven and earth, gone to uk, claim to meet with arsene, blatter organized capacity building wasted our money and the standard of football in the country still falling.this guy is out to destroy Nigeria football. sooner or later we will realized.
Re: Why We Sacked Stephen Keshi- NFF by lastpage: 9:30pm On Jul 05, 2015
nerodenero:
Amaju Pinnick-led NFF never wanted Keshi and he made it known on assumption of office. NFF sacked him and were made to rescind their decision because powerful men under Jonathan compelled them to do so, the reason they dragged the matter of appointing him so long.

Even when the powerful men left power, it would have been childish for them to sack him again, so they offered him a contract while looking for any lapses to sack him. Unfortunately, the Ivorian job gave them that opportunity to do the needful and unfortunately, Keshi had no powerful men to fight his course. His sack was imminent, besides, sacking is part of the job.

You dont need "powerful friends" to do your job.
You either perform or fail to perform.

Can you imagine a staff of Pepsi.... romancing with the management of Coca-cola at the same time?
Keshi cant eat his cake while still having it

Even at that, his success rate has been very poor of recent.

THE NFF itself, is a house built of massive corruption.
Now that FIFA is in corruption trouble, it is the right time to CLEAN Nigeria's NFF. No FIFA to arm-twist the Government
That place stinks to heavens

Lastpage!
Re: Why We Sacked Stephen Keshi- NFF by nerodenero: 9:39pm On Jul 05, 2015
lastpage:
You dont need "powerful friends" to do your job.
You either perform or fail to perform.
If Jonathan had not lost, it would have been difficult to sack Keshi. Take it or leave it.
Re: Why We Sacked Stephen Keshi- NFF by BY1434(m): 10:06pm On Jul 05, 2015
vigasimple:

The Snail Baba and cow baba chanji is a COUNTERFEIT CHANGE and it should be called RECYCLING.

KESHI like Dullardhino Buhari has gone past his sell by date immediately after the African cup of nations 2013.

There was not a single progress since then including world cup qualifications and competition.

And FYM U think U ve type something sensible?
Re: Why We Sacked Stephen Keshi- NFF by kuroben4real: 6:34am On Jul 06, 2015
Reference:

You almost got me there. I thought you were refering to Bayern's Pep.
oh yeah, it's bayern's coach pep guadiola
Re: Why We Sacked Stephen Keshi- NFF by SHOCK7(m): 12:16pm On Jul 07, 2015
Sanguine77:
No need to explain. Keshi is proud and loud, tactically deficient and technically insufficient. He has done his part so we should find his replacement fast. The current crop of eagles are a bunch of mediocre with heads stuffed with tapioca.

Actually, I have nothing to say cos this is my day. I am going to West Germany tomorrow.
u weren't saying dis rubbish when he won u d nations cup!
Re: Why We Sacked Stephen Keshi- NFF by Sanguine77(m): 1:19pm On Jul 07, 2015
SHOCK7:

u weren't saying dis rubbish when he won u d nations cup!
Oh shut up, the nation's cup was not by merit but mistake

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Simidele Adeagbo On Her First Skeleton Race In Canada (Photos) / U.S Men's Basketball Coach Greg Popovich Reats To 90-87 Loss To Nigeria / Zidane Finally Reveals Why He Rejoined Real Madrid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.