Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,317 members, 7,881,166 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 01:44 PM

When Silence Becomes Golden... - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / When Silence Becomes Golden... (532 Views)

When Silence Is Not Golden: Count Me Out Of Any Gang Up Against Acting President / Akpabio; When Silence Is No Longer Golden / Donu Kogbara: When Silence Is Not Golden (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Silence Becomes Golden... by amakaffy: 9:32am On Jul 06, 2015
Take it or leave it, The Jagaban of Borgu, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu is a man that knows his trade, A highly cerebral political juggernaut who has a perfect understanding of when to say or do what, at least as far as politics in Nigeria is concern.
To many of his haters, he has made more money in Nigerian politics than necessary but I bet you he has been the only Nigerian that have invested virtually everything he's got into Nigerian politics, his comfort, his health his time, his emotion, career, just name it, he remains the only politician among his contemporaries that has never jumped across party boundaries either for money or for position, he has no chance of holding any political office anymore yet he invests his fortunes on Nigerian politics.
It took his doggedness, resilience and political stubbornness between 2003-2007 "as the last man standing" to stage a comeback and give the PDP what became a truly opposition party, having staged a comeback, he singlehandedly captured the South-West, as if that was not enough, the "merger" which today has given us the present administration is his brain-child, he sacrificed his presidential ambition, bowed to OBJ his ark-rival, visited IBB, reconciled various opposing forces, sent Atiku, Saraki, Kwankaso and others to where they belong during APC primaries and in spite of his failing health, took GMB on a nationwide political escapade and after his 4th attempt, Tinubu's political prowess made GMB a Landlord at Aso Villa.
Asiwaju's travail in the past days has been that of biting the finger that fed one, his is a case of calling dog a bad name in order to hang it, what my Yoruba people will call "ogede to wo cocoa ye, to'wa di'gi buruku".
In the face of all the intrigues, where dexterity comes is in the fact that, in spite of arduous attempts to detach him from the scheme of things, Asiwaju has remained calm and calculative, he has never uttered a single statement all along, his recent absence at APC NEC meeting equally speaks volumes of his political knack.
Head or tail, Asiwaju Tinubu still remains a force in Nigerian politics and those that are playing smart now are like thieves that stole the proverbial "kaakaki oba" where and how it'll be blown, we shall all see, I refers such individuals to Bucknor Akerele, Femi Pedro, Ganiyu Dawodu, Ogunlewe, Obanikoro, Dosumu, and their co-travellers who have had to flex political muscles with Tinubu.
Igbeyin ni Alayo O ta, Tinubu's continued silence.?, a time bomb for those who think they are smart...
Re: When Silence Becomes Golden... by iykebesbt1(m): 9:35am On Jul 06, 2015
Ok
Re: When Silence Becomes Golden... by seedgreen(m): 9:35am On Jul 06, 2015
Nonsense
Re: When Silence Becomes Golden... by Olofintoto(m): 9:38am On Jul 06, 2015
I was here.
Re: When Silence Becomes Golden... by menesheh(m): 9:48am On Jul 06, 2015
The busted fella had nothing to say again.

Your post is more of Consolation to the pained south westerners.

1 Like

Re: When Silence Becomes Golden... by Chubhie: 10:05am On Jul 06, 2015
Jagaban has being boxed into a tight corner by the new kids on the bloc.

That's one thing with change- you neither know if it comes out positive or negative. The two options left for Jajaban worldwide is to do the reasonable thing and concede defeat temporary or come out as a madman and fight in the mud. I trust Dina to beat him silly.

(1) (Reply)

I Beat Up My Mum Over 20'000k. / Photos: Senate President Saraki Joins President Buhari At Eid Ground / The Main Event Of Buhari On Monday Is His Meeting With Obama

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.