Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,241 members, 7,880,897 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 08:53 AM

Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! - Literature (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! (102583 Views)

What Book Are You Reading Now / No More Room For Love- By Loudest Thoughts / What's The Most Captivating Story You Are Currently Reading? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (34) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by Bigjosh10(m): 9:38am On Jul 15, 2015
THINK LIKE A SUCCESS ACT LIKE A SUCCESS BY STEVE HARVEY.... such an interesting inspirational book to read. I urge you to get a copy of it and read

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by Nobody: 9:41am On Jul 15, 2015
Bigjosh10:
THINK LIKE A SUCCESS ACT LIKE A SUCCESS BY STEVE HARVEY.... such an interesting inspirational book to read. I urge you to get a copy of it and read

Bookmarked! Steve Harvey!
Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by freakthingz(m): 9:53am On Jul 15, 2015
lefulefu:

If i am correct the book was about the story of the french 1812 invasion of moscow right?

yep you are spot on
so i'm guessing you've read the book
Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by freakthingz(m): 9:58am On Jul 15, 2015
dearpreye:

The genius of Leo Tolstoy was never in doubt!

I'm yet to read it though I downloaded years back.

It's layout is somewhat akin to John Bunyan's Pilgrim Progress.

Yes I think it is, this is the kind of book were you really have to sit down and read it.
Each character is a thread and the author weaves a beautiful tapestry.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by Nobody: 10:04am On Jul 15, 2015
ajepako:

read my comment again.. I said Pelican Brief (boring) not The Firm
Yeah, you're right. Pelican Brief is boring, I stopped reading it at the middle. John Grisham is a great writer though.
Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by Nobody: 10:08am On Jul 15, 2015
freeage7:

Thank u very much for d info. I have been able to download a book I have longed be looking for. May God bless u plenty plenty. If u like politics, please download this book "The prince" by Macavelli.
Thanks. I will surely download it. I have some network issue now, been trying to reach you through your email.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by Nobody: 10:13am On Jul 15, 2015
freeage7:

Thank u very much for d info. I have been able to download a book I have longed be looking for. May God bless u plenty plenty. If u like politics, please download this book "The prince" by Macavelli.

It's a very popular and common book. But I've not really taken the time to study it. I was told it's lesson could be extremist sort of. What ya say?
Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by freeage7(m): 10:31am On Jul 15, 2015
nwadiuko1:
Currently reading the da vinci code by dam brown
When u are done reading that book, pls don't stop there. Also read: Angels and Demons; Deception Point. Author: Dan Brown.
Pls, can anyone help me with this novel "killing floor" by lee child
Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by freeage7(m): 11:04am On Jul 15, 2015
Aare2050:
Re-reading 'the beggars strike' by Aminata sow fall
Jeeeezz! Great book, good book, very tight book. I read that book in my secondary school days. Hmm. Give us one or two lines na?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by Nobody: 11:44am On Jul 15, 2015
freeage7:

Jeeeezz! Great book, good book, very tight book. I read that book in my secondary school days. Hmm. Give us one or two lines na?

I'm also following. Can beggars have a choice?
Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by nwadiuko1(m): 12:08pm On Jul 15, 2015
freeage7:

When u are done reading that book, pls don't stop there. Also read: Angels and Demons; Deception Point. Author: Dan Brown.
Pls, can anyone help me with this novel "killing floor" by lee child
apart from deception point.....av read all others including the lost symbol and digital fortress all by dan brown
Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by Nobody: 12:09pm On Jul 15, 2015
nwadiuko1:
apart from deception point.....av read all others including the lost symbol and digital fortress all by dan brown

It's obvious I need to step up my efforts. I'm lagging behind. And it's not acceptable.
Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by freeage7(m): 12:11pm On Jul 15, 2015
dearpreye:

I'm also following. Can beggars have a choice?
in this case I think they do. According to the author. Its about a politician seeking to be an office holder. He went to see a marabout to pray for him and do some spiritual rites. The marabout later ask him to go give alms to beggars (sacrifice). He did dat and won the election. When he assumed office, he decided to clear the street off beggars. After his 1st term, he was seeking re-election, that same marabout ask him to go do that same sacrifice. Unfortunately, beggars in their new location decided to go on strike when news filter in that that same politician is coming to town........Beggars went on strike. He don tey wey I read the book I beg. Since 1995.

2 Likes

Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by Nobody: 12:15pm On Jul 15, 2015
freeage7:

in this case I think they do. According to the author. Its about a politician seeking to be an office holder. He went to see a marabout to pray for him and do some spiritual rites. The marabout later ask him to go give alms to beggars (sacrifice). He did dat and won the election. When he assumed office, he decided to clear the street off beggars. After his 1st term, he was seeking re-election, that same marabout ask him to go do that same sacrifice. Unfortunately, beggars in their new location decided to go on strike when news filter in that that same politician is coming to town........Beggars went on strike. He don tey wey I read the book I beg. Since 1995.
grin grin grin grin grin...Both funny and instructive. Until a people understand the enormous power they wield, those in power will continue to deceive and emasculate them. Thanks for sharing.
Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by anonimi: 12:18pm On Jul 15, 2015
One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel García Márquez

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by Nobody: 12:22pm On Jul 15, 2015
anonimi:
One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel García Márquez

It seems this book is a classic. You're the second person talking about it here. Is it responsible for your often deep and poignant comments here?
Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by nwadiuko1(m): 12:25pm On Jul 15, 2015
dearpreye:

It's obvious I need to step up my efforts. I'm lagging behind. And it's not acceptable.
I have so many books that I wish I can find someone who is as enthusiastic as me who will be willing to exchange books with me

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by syras: 1:09pm On Jul 15, 2015
gensteejay:

I think I saw that book with a friend some years back and read it briefly. I would love to read it again though. Please remind me the title of the book.

The title of the book is: "Why You Act The Way You Do" written by Tim LaHaye.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by anonimi: 1:23pm On Jul 15, 2015
dearpreye:
It seems this book is a classic. You're the second person talking about it here. Is it responsible for your often deep and poignant comments here?

Thanks for the flattery cheesy grin

It is a good book that opens your mind through images and connections that are not so obvious thereby enhancing one's thought process if one imbibes the story well enough. I have been reading it for over a month now. A bit like Wole Soyinka writings, really but from a different cultural perspective.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by moski5(m): 1:24pm On Jul 15, 2015
uzolexis:

I've seen the movies too and they didn't have as much an effect on me as the books did. The books r much more detailed and explicit than the movies. If u have 2 read it,dont take it 2 hrt cos if ur christian faith is not strong,it'll be shaken.

though I'm not a christian I wont read the books lol d movies alone though interesting have crazy ideaologies

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by Nobody: 1:27pm On Jul 15, 2015
anonimi:

Thanks for the flattery cheesy grin

It is a good book that opens your mind through images and connections that are not so obvious thereby enhancing one's thought process if one imbibes the story well enough. I have been reading it for over a month now. A bit like Wole Soyinka writings, really but from a different cultural perspective.

I'll love to study it some day. I remember CNN streaming news of the author's death months back.
Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by moski5(m): 1:27pm On Jul 15, 2015
vivaciousvivi:

Are you for real?
Please where can I get real historical information about some of what you typed?

I gave yu certain scriptural references
other you may find on youtube, maybe a Google search lol

I just had a discussion with a friend he brought It up n linked it to scripture n I believed it having quite an understanding of them myself

do let me know Wat yu find n keep d links
Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by vivaciousvivi(f): 1:52pm On Jul 15, 2015
moski5:

I gave yu certain scriptural references
other you may find on youtube, maybe a Google search lol

I just had a discussion with a friend he brought It up n linked it to scripture n I believed it having quite an understanding of them myself

do let me know Wat yu find n keep d links

Great, thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by coolshegs10(m): 3:14pm On Jul 15, 2015
dearpreye:

MFM things! Just involve my family in your prayers.
No prob bro.. It shall be well with your family whether d enemy likes it or not!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by Hibiscuss(m): 3:21pm On Jul 15, 2015
Gwan2:
SECRETS OF SELF EMPLOYMENT by Sarah and Paul Edwards..............
Is a good read for those who want to dive into the entrepreneurial world, one line I love in the book is, YOU CAN BE OUTRUN EVEN IF YOU ARE ON THE RIGHT TRACK.....meaning you could keep basking in the euphoria of your 1st class or 2.1 thinking nature owes you a good life while a 3rd class graduate get himself well equipped and outrun you in life race......So the key word is keep improving.
Another aphorism I love is....TO SUCCEED, INCREASE YOUR FAILURE RATE.

This book is also in my shelf but I just don't like it. Some of the points there look outdated. Though Sarah and Paul did a great work on d book but...
Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by Imgombe2016(m): 3:22pm On Jul 15, 2015
CIGABAN LABARIN TUMSIYYA taredani IBRAHIM M GOMBE.
Bayanda Hafsat da Tumsiyya sun sami zama,sai Tumsiyya takwace dukkan labarinta kamar haka tabawa Hafsat.
Nidai kamar yanda kika sani sunana Tumsiyya Bose haifeffiyar yar garin kanoce a unguwan Dala.Asalin mahaifina manomine inda har akemasa da lakabi SARKIN MANOMA.Matabiyune garesa,mahaifiyarmu wacce tarigamu gidan gaskiyya dakuma gwaggo Sade.Awurin mahaifiyyarmu nice yar fari sai mu'azu sai sani sannan kuma sai Dan autanmu Abba.Awajen gwaggo Sade kuwa,yaya biyune gareta;Sadiyya yar kimanin shekaru biyar dakuma Hamdiyya yar kimanin shekaru uku ita kuma.
Watarana dabazan taba mantawaba,lokacin da akaga damina dakama gadan-gadan,da sanyin safiya mahaifina yazo dokin kofar dakina ya ambashi sunana.Acikin ladabi da biyayya na amsa.Nazo narisina agabansa inajiran menene keshirin fitowa daga bakinsa.Kwatsam sai naji yace,"yau kam uwata dakin fasa zuwa makaranta sai kirakamu muje mushuke gonarmu.Kinsan damina tayi nisa,kuma mune bana muka zamto kurayen baya.Kin rashin girbe amfanin gona mai kyau zai iya gadar manada rashin martabanmu nasarkin manoma."
Awannan lokaci banida zabi.Saboda ance',umarnin iyaye abishi koba'asoshiba'.Abunda nacemasa shine",to Abba ai wannan bakomai baneba muje Kawai tunda yake duk cigabanmune.Amma agaskiyakam yaune zamu fara jarrabawan karshen shekar,faduwan darasi daya zai iya janyomini carry over wato maimaita shekara daya a ajinda mutum yake."
Yace dani",yanzu Aisha shekaranki nagoma shahudu ina lissafawa kina zuwa makarantar boko babu fashi,to yaushenene zakigama karatunne har muma musoma cin moriyarki?"
Nace",hmmm! Abba kenan ai wasu sun kai shekaru ashirin ajami an danake amma har yanzu basugamaba sune likitocin asibiti."
Yace mini,"kai yayan zamani inaganin kokarinku.Allah yashimuku gaba."
"Ameen Abba", hakane nafada.
Wannan labari Littafinane mai kimanin shafi arba'in danakeso inmuku posting dinsa kadan kadan.Don wasu labarai zaku iya ziyartan shafinmu nafacebook >>>>> https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=452111174944477
Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by Nobody: 4:15pm On Jul 15, 2015
coolshegs10:

No prob bro..
It shall be well with your family whether d enemy likes it or not!!

Amen.
Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by Nobody: 6:25pm On Jul 15, 2015
freakthingz:

yep you are spot on
so i'm guessing you've read the book
never read it but when i was going through the story of the moscow campaign a reference was made about war and peace.i have made attempts to buy the book but the bookshops i have been to don't have it.

1 Like

Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by simdam500(m): 6:30pm On Jul 15, 2015
OK I was here
Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by Nobody: 8:58pm On Jul 15, 2015
No dear,,way beyond that. I lecture thou and my field is Primary Education Studies.
Profmaojo:
Nice me too, seems u are an education student year 2, wich skul if i may ask

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by Nobody: 9:01pm On Jul 15, 2015
peppyluv02:
No dear,,way beyond that. I lecture thou and my field is Primary Education Studies.
quote author=Profmaojo post=35856070]Nice me too, seems u are an education student year 2, wich skul if i may ask
No wonder.
Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by Nobody: 9:06pm On Jul 15, 2015
My dearest preye smiley
No wonder what?

dearpreye:

No wonder.

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (34) (Reply)

Diary Of An Anonymous Corper / A Bride For November By Rose Akpabio / Campus Life. The Girls. The Ghetto. The Garri. The Glory.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.