Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,395 members, 7,881,433 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 07:25 PM

What Have You Learned From The Religion Section ? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Have You Learned From The Religion Section ? (10229 Views)

For Fun - Popular Contributors To Religion Section / Christianity; The Religion Not Founded By Jesus / Why Nairalanders Lose Faith On The Religion Section Easily (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Have You Learned From The Religion Section ? by joywendy(f): 6:28pm On Jul 07, 2015
urheme:
Needed to add that there were some post and question on the religion section that made me really think.

Some of them give me headache when i ponder on them eg.

Where did noah keep the termite and the wood peckers in the ark ... I began to wonder that there was a male and female wale likwise an anaconda with its partner.

Why did God create something as dangerous as a mosquito

A comparism between the christian heaven and the moslem heaven; cheesy the comments here where insane........i finally concluded there was no hell or heaven at all, since then, i have problem with religion or any belief system.

Lolz so you are agnostic?
Re: What Have You Learned From The Religion Section ? by Nobody: 6:34pm On Jul 07, 2015
johnydon22:
. . . where went you since?
Was banned by the morderators for exposing a site that has live data of all accounts on Nl.
Re: What Have You Learned From The Religion Section ? by Nobody: 6:35pm On Jul 07, 2015
The religion section has taught me that you can use a fake moniker and no one would ever notice. tongue

2 Likes

Re: What Have You Learned From The Religion Section ? by urheme: 6:38pm On Jul 07, 2015
johnydon22:

So you are more of agnostic now huh?

Sorry oh....

I c God in people and christ everywhere..... Also in people
Re: What Have You Learned From The Religion Section ? by johnydon22(m): 6:41pm On Jul 07, 2015
urheme:
Sorry oh.... I c God in people and christ everywhere..... Also in people
Hahahahaha you know what we call this stage?
The conflict of reason and reality against cherished belief and faith smiley
It will pass ...lol..

3 Likes

Re: What Have You Learned From The Religion Section ? by urheme: 6:50pm On Jul 07, 2015
joywendy:

Lolz so you are agnostic?

Not at all

God exist in my world, but not the religion god,

It exist in form of good conscience
Re: What Have You Learned From The Religion Section ? by urheme: 6:54pm On Jul 07, 2015
sonOfLucifer:

Ave Satanas.

Sonoflucifer i miss you dearie, good to have you back smiley
Re: What Have You Learned From The Religion Section ? by joywendy(f): 6:57pm On Jul 07, 2015
urheme:

Not at all

God exist in my world, but not the religion god,

It exist in form of good conscience
You know there is something called agnostic theism,I think that is where you fall in

Mmmm....good conscience has in how please try to explain to me. Want to learn smiley
Re: What Have You Learned From The Religion Section ? by Nobody: 6:59pm On Jul 07, 2015
urheme:

Sonoflucifer i miss you dearie, good to have you back smiley
cool i feel loved. tongue

1 Like

Re: What Have You Learned From The Religion Section ? by johnydon22(m): 7:05pm On Jul 07, 2015
joywendy:

You know there is something called agnostic theism,I think that is here you fall in

Mmmm....good conscience has in how please try to explain to me. Want to learn smiley
It stretches into 5 branches of stances.

1)Agnostic: The position that god is unknown, unknowable and so cannot be said to exist or not.

2)Agnostic theist: This position implies: I believe a god exist but i cannot say for sure that there is, i just believe.

3)Agnostic atheist: This position (which is where i fall in wink) implies: I disbelief any god exist and cannot say it doesn't just like i cannot say a circle-rectangle don't exist...(merges atheism and agnosticism)

4)Gnostic theist: I believe there is a god and am sure there is.. angry
(these ones are always aggressive when asked for proof...lol..)

5)Gnostic atheist: I disbelief the existence of a god and am SURE none exists..

4 Likes

Re: What Have You Learned From The Religion Section ? by urheme: 7:09pm On Jul 07, 2015
sonOfLucifer:

cool i feel loved. tongue
smiley
Re: What Have You Learned From The Religion Section ? by urheme: 7:15pm On Jul 07, 2015
joywendy:

You know there is something called agnostic theism,I think that is where you fall in

That part of my conscience that restrain me from wrongs is the God in me, if i loss it i have lost God.
Re: What Have You Learned From The Religion Section ? by johnydon22(m): 7:19pm On Jul 07, 2015
urheme:

That part of my conscience that restrain me from wrongs is the God in me, if i loss it i have lost God.
Being moral is not synonymous to belief in a god, it seems you are mistaking that
Re: What Have You Learned From The Religion Section ? by urheme: 7:31pm On Jul 07, 2015
johnydon22:

Being moral is not synonymous to belief in a god, it seems you are mistaking that

Morality cannot be compare with a belief system, there may be no reality in believes, that is why it is called a belief,

In those days there were morals in every bedtime stories we were told, it does not mean that what happen in the story was good.
Re: What Have You Learned From The Religion Section ? by Great0: 7:34pm On Jul 07, 2015
it strengthen me in my walk with God and help me to know that harvest are plenty here. That i need to put more effort to labour the more.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Have You Learned From The Religion Section ? by Nobody: 7:35pm On Jul 07, 2015
Great0:
it strengthen me in my walk with God and help me to know that harvest are plenty here. That i need to put more effort to labour the more.
Na ur papa be harvest angry

1 Like

Re: What Have You Learned From The Religion Section ? by Nobody: 7:38pm On Jul 07, 2015
urheme:

smiley

The greatest lesson you will learn is sonoflucifer is muskeeto.

1 Like

Re: What Have You Learned From The Religion Section ? by Nobody: 7:39pm On Jul 07, 2015
sonOfLucifer:

And muskeeto is sonoflucifer. Bye guys. grin grin
Re: What Have You Learned From The Religion Section ? by Nobody: 7:40pm On Jul 07, 2015
musKeeto:

grin grin.
Re: What Have You Learned From The Religion Section ? by Great0: 7:40pm On Jul 07, 2015
Some are ignorant of the age we are into. This new age started from the year 2000. And it is call the AGE OF TRUTH. So in years ahead, i will be seeing many atheist, satanist etc given their life to christ . Blessings

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Have You Learned From The Religion Section ? by frank317: 7:45pm On Jul 07, 2015
musKeeto:

How is this possible?

1 Like

Re: What Have You Learned From The Religion Section ? by joywendy(f): 7:46pm On Jul 07, 2015
urheme:

I understand the concept of human beings being their own god,but this here is wow!

Mmm....so what of those who don't have a conscience like you say, are you saying that they have lost their god? We have armed robbers who believe in God, What are you gonna call them?

Like johndon has said I think your are mixing morality with belief in a deity. Anyways I m not attacking you,just trying to understand where your stance is

1 Like

Re: What Have You Learned From The Religion Section ? by urheme: 7:46pm On Jul 07, 2015
sonOfLucifer:

The badest grin
How do u maintain both identities with different idealogies.

Well!!

Still love you with all my heart even when you become mosquito 2moro tongue

Remembering your i will soon die thread and saw how taxanomaly showed so much compassion.

May you live forever love.

Love u till death kiss

2 Likes

Re: What Have You Learned From The Religion Section ? by frank317: 7:47pm On Jul 07, 2015
musKeeto:

Now the killer question is... I sonoflucifer the same person as amanfrommars?

3 Likes

Re: What Have You Learned From The Religion Section ? by FearGodAndLive: 7:52pm On Jul 07, 2015
frank317:

Now the killer question is... I sonoflucifer the same person as amanfrommars?
Yes. We are all one.

The mindfuck will be real tongiht.

Shoutout to plaetton, wiegraf and co. May our paths cross in the future. I am off Nairaland for good. kiss
Re: What Have You Learned From The Religion Section ? by Beanscake: 7:53pm On Jul 07, 2015
FearGodAndLive:

Yes. We are all one.

The mindfuck will be real tongiht.

Shoutout to plaetton, weigraf and co. May our paths cross in the future. I am off Nairaland for good. kiss
Hahaha. Real mindfuck.
Re: What Have You Learned From The Religion Section ? by urheme: 7:56pm On Jul 07, 2015
joywendy:

I understand the concept of human beings being their own god,but this here is wow!

Mmm....so what of those who don't have a conscience like you say, are you saying that they have lost their god? We have armed robbers who believe in God? What are you gonna call them?

Like johndon has said I think your are mixing morality with belief in a deity. Anyways I m not attacking you,just trying to understand where your stance is

Every being has a conscience, whether you are religious or not,

When bad people such as robber are religious, i call them religious hypocrite
Re: What Have You Learned From The Religion Section ? by Great0: 7:59pm On Jul 07, 2015
sonOfLucifer:
Na ur papa be harvest angry
Its just a matter of time, you will testify. I have your likes with me.
Re: What Have You Learned From The Religion Section ? by joywendy(f): 8:05pm On Jul 07, 2015
urheme:

Every being has a conscience, whether you are religious or not,

When bad people such as robber are religious, i call them religious hypocrite

Why do you term them religious? Aren't you also religious by believing that conscience is your god?
Re: What Have You Learned From The Religion Section ? by dalaman: 8:15pm On Jul 07, 2015
frank317:
My dad is a pastor and I was brought up in a deep religious deeper life kind of way. I always hated church and was always fascinated by atheistic comments. Yet I never thought I would ever doubt the existence of a creator.
I am a deep thinker and a fiction writer... I thought religious stories would make nice interesting stories hence my stories always betrays this thought.
Religious section opened my eyes and paved the way for my thoughts. Here I meet intelligent atheist who are constructive in their way of talking and who actually make use of their brains.
I also met very few intelligent theists which is quite interesting.
Finally... Nigeria is a crazy country where even the well educated behave like adamant illiterate. Nairaland religious section is my escape from the stupidity of Nigerians who think just believing in God makes u perfect hence they wallow in ignorance and accept their sufferings while they die slowly. Here u find people who reason and actually make use of their brains which is a great relief from the delusion people around me swim in. Now I miss pple like crexx, logic boy, amanfrommars, etc. Well the new once are doing perfectly great too.
And ohhh.... Theist just help make me understand that a disbelieve in Gos makes perfect sense. How? Read such silly questions like...how are u sure God don't exist? Or how did u come to this world??

To me it started gradually but I first started thinking about God's existence from reading the debates btw christians and muslims here on nairaland before the debates with atheists. Those debates really got me thinking.
Re: What Have You Learned From The Religion Section ? by urheme: 8:37pm On Jul 07, 2015
joywendy:

Why do you term them religious? Aren't you also religious by believing that conscience is your god?

Conscience is irreligious,
Re: What Have You Learned From The Religion Section ? by Queed: 9:22pm On Jul 07, 2015
Observing embarassed embarassed embarassed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Why Are Youths Not Genuinely Serving God? / Tell Me About The Freemasons / Prepare Your Family For Rapture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.