Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,371 members, 7,978,175 topics. Date: Thursday, 17 October 2024 at 09:10 PM

I'm Still A Christian- Emenike - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / I'm Still A Christian- Emenike (866 Views)

Emenike Kneels Down As Emmanuel Obimma Ebube Muonso Prays For Him (Pic) / Emmanuel Emenike Buys G Wagon [PICS] / Emmanuel Emenike Retires From The National Team (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

I'm Still A Christian- Emenike by Noneroone(m): 9:52am On Jul 07, 2015
The striker missed his team’s breakfast on Saturday, prompting the manager to ask of his whereabouts and he responded by telling the coach he was fasting. Coincidentally the Muslim Ramadan is on.

The former Spartak Moscow hitman revealed that he was baffled by the leaking of his personal life to the media.

“The report that I am now a Muslim is absolute rubbish and false. I want the source of the news to re-address it. I have no reason to convert to Islam even though I have lots of Muslim friends. Is there any big deal observing fasting during the (Muslim) fasting period?” he asked rhetorically.

“I am very disappointed seeing the news going viral because it is something I told my coach in our conversation when he asked me a question and never said I have become a Muslim. Fasting is not what everybody should know that you are doing and it’s very sad seeing this in the media.”

Emenike further said: “I am Catholic, a strong one for that matter, and I came from Christian home. I don’t discriminate against anybody and I believe we are all equal in the presence of God, so what is the big deal in fasting?

“Does he know how many time I fast to get closer to God before the fasting periods? It’s really sad because I don’t see it as a big deal.”

http://dailyindependentnig.com/2015/07/im-still-christian-emenike/
Re: I'm Still A Christian- Emenike by tmv10(m): 9:55am On Jul 07, 2015
Re: I'm Still A Christian- Emenike by Noneroone(m): 10:00am On Jul 07, 2015
Why is it that nobody wants to be a muslim? grin
lalasticlala pls correct the misinformation.
Re: I'm Still A Christian- Emenike by Noneroone(m): 11:27pm On Aug 06, 2015
Noneroone:
Why is it that nobody wants to be a muslim? grin

lalasticlala pls correct the misinformation.
Re: I'm Still A Christian- Emenike by lalasticlala(m): 11:31pm On Aug 06, 2015

1 Like

(1)

Play This Game With 179 Odds If You Need Money Today Sunday / Arsenal Must Shut Up Mourinho - Keown / Breaking News: Louis Van Gaal Fired!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.