Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,878 members, 7,872,896 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 03:05 AM

How To Identify A Fake Usb Device/cord - Phones (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How To Identify A Fake Usb Device/cord (44559 Views)

How To Spot And Identify A Fake Infinix Hot Note X551 / Amazing The Longest USB Charger Cord / How To Identify A Fake Usb Device/cord (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Identify A Fake Usb Device/cord by effrebor(m): 5:43am On Jul 18, 2015
Op when i checked mine i no see anything, the two holes jst black
Re: How To Identify A Fake Usb Device/cord by emmabest2000(m): 5:58am On Jul 18, 2015
[quote author=Depot post=35586928]USB (Universal Serial Bus) is considered a very simple and flexible way of connection between personal computer and other electronic devices. However,USB can malfunction if you are not using the quality type. There will always be partial contact when using fake USB, thereby delaying your job which is very annoying.

Today, i want to share with you, a very simple way of identifying a fake USB. Its as simple as ABC. Get your USB, check the two holes that reveals the bus/contact. If the conductor there is Golden colour, it means its copper which is original. Copper has high conductivity than aluminium, copper also has relatively high tensile strength (the greatest stress a substance can bear without tearing apart).

Now to identify a fake USB, check the two holes again, if its silver colour, it means its aluminium, which is fake. Although aluminum has only about 60 percent of the conductivity of copper, but the tensile strength is very low( which tears apart when subjected to stress) Which makes your USB to to fluctuate. If you are using this type of USB, you will be experiencing partial contact. Most universal modems in Nigeria market today are made with this aluminium contact, because aluminium is cheaper than copper, and the manufacturers/ importers make more money from such.

The pic below clearly shows the two holes that reveals the bus/contact. The bus used for the USB is made with copper, that is why its golden in colour.

Now let the check begins

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Identify A Fake Usb Device/cord by djblue007(m): 6:18am On Jul 18, 2015
No wonder, all memory cards have golden terminals! Kudos to u, OP!
Re: How To Identify A Fake Usb Device/cord by chiroking(m): 6:33am On Jul 18, 2015
Re: How To Identify A Fake Usb Device/cord by allnalevel(m): 6:35am On Jul 18, 2015
Great idea,but what if igbo boiz start painting silver corper to gold,how are we going to identify the original gold USB copper from silver fake painted gold copper?
Re: How To Identify A Fake Usb Device/cord by allnalevel(m): 6:38am On Jul 18, 2015
Great idea,but what if igbo boiz start painting silver corper to gold,how are we going to identify the original gold USB copper from silver fake painted gold copper?
Re: How To Identify A Fake Usb Device/cord by Ezegozie(m): 6:42am On Jul 18, 2015
what of if the aluminiun is coated with a golden colour?
Anyway shaa, I just checked the one I bought last 2yrs and its silver which means its fake.
Therefore am returning today and I will collect my money back
Re: How To Identify A Fake Usb Device/cord by Ezemann(m): 6:54am On Jul 18, 2015
Thanks cool
Re: How To Identify A Fake Usb Device/cord by AIZubair(m): 7:00am On Jul 18, 2015
Guy, God bless you
Re: How To Identify A Fake Usb Device/cord by murmee: 7:07am On Jul 18, 2015
This is the kind of article I like to read on Nairaland. Educative and informative. Thanks.
Re: How To Identify A Fake Usb Device/cord by Swker(m): 7:13am On Jul 18, 2015
LieDetector:
In need of laboratory/hospital equipments?

We are the best smiley
contact me via covering@outlook.com for all hospital equipment u need.
Re: How To Identify A Fake Usb Device/cord by ignis: 7:23am On Jul 18, 2015
Mine is fake ooooo
Re: How To Identify A Fake Usb Device/cord by Sike(m): 7:33am On Jul 18, 2015
Oh my God, mine is fake! sad
Re: How To Identify A Fake Usb Device/cord by okangisaiah(f): 7:35am On Jul 18, 2015
kazmanbanjoko:
Kkk

Ku klux klan. You be cultist ?
Re: How To Identify A Fake Usb Device/cord by adeememman(m): 7:36am On Jul 18, 2015
Re: How To Identify A Fake Usb Device/cord by Eleniyan15: 7:36am On Jul 18, 2015
since wen I done dey NL.....I no dey comment for FP
buh today e do appen........ my own nah........fake
buh no shii where does ibo boiz for alaba....somebody go die today, thank God Ramadan done finish... winks***

I cut cap for everyone in here and OP

1 Like

Re: How To Identify A Fake Usb Device/cord by watchindelta(m): 7:49am On Jul 18, 2015
allnalevel:
Carry needle follow
Re: How To Identify A Fake Usb Device/cord by Nobody: 8:02am On Jul 18, 2015
Thanks OP...me sef don turn authenticator be that. No more being afraid to go buy one by myself cool
Re: How To Identify A Fake Usb Device/cord by Sobeautiful: 8:13am On Jul 18, 2015
Some of mine are original, the old ones. But the ones l bought recently are fake, based on this info.
Re: How To Identify A Fake Usb Device/cord by Spidermon: 8:15am On Jul 18, 2015
I won't even bother checking mine. Something I bought for #200, how e wan take be original??

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Identify A Fake Usb Device/cord by Oahray: 8:32am On Jul 18, 2015
Lol. Two fakes and an original. E clear
Re: How To Identify A Fake Usb Device/cord by honeydear(f): 8:43am On Jul 18, 2015
Informative smiley
Re: How To Identify A Fake Usb Device/cord by kazmanbanjoko(m): 8:44am On Jul 18, 2015
okangisaiah:

Ku klux klan. You be cultist ?
hw superman defeated him

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Identify A Fake Usb Device/cord by Jessdarl(f): 8:44am On Jul 18, 2015
My own na original fake
Re: How To Identify A Fake Usb Device/cord by Jessdarl(f): 8:47am On Jul 18, 2015
Ezegozie:
what of if the aluminiun is coated with a golden colour?
Anyway shaa, I just checked the one I bought last 2yrs and its silver which means its fake.
Therefore am returning today and I will collect my money back
Lol...u no serious ....they will beat u up..
Re: How To Identify A Fake Usb Device/cord by sinola(m): 9:15am On Jul 18, 2015
lovin' this post....thanks
i don enter one chance
Re: How To Identify A Fake Usb Device/cord by icankel: 9:54am On Jul 18, 2015
u don spoil market for many ppl..anyway this has one of d useful thread sofar
Re: How To Identify A Fake Usb Device/cord by Nobody: 9:54am On Jul 18, 2015
pls tell us how to indentify original flash drive and hard disk
Re: How To Identify A Fake Usb Device/cord by Tobium1(m): 10:00am On Jul 18, 2015
Thank you
Re: How To Identify A Fake Usb Device/cord by natcyyoung: 10:01am On Jul 18, 2015
just checked mine and its fake. shall be careful when next I want to buy another
Re: How To Identify A Fake Usb Device/cord by XYZ123: 10:06am On Jul 18, 2015
Thank you very much @op I have four USB cables, only one is good embarassed
Re: How To Identify A Fake Usb Device/cord by ddjay: 10:07am On Jul 18, 2015
Depot:
USB (Universal Serial Bus) is considered a very simple and flexible way of connection between personal computer and other electronic devices. However,USB can malfunction if you are not using the quality type. There will always be partial contact when using fake USB, thereby delaying your job which is very annoying.

Today, i want to share with you, a very simple way of identifying a fake USB. Its as simple as ABC. Get your USB, check the two holes that reveals the bus/contact. If the conductor there is Golden colour, it means its copper which is original. Copper has high conductivity than aluminium, copper also has relatively high tensile strength (the greatest stress a substance can bear without tearing apart).

Now to identify a fake USB, check the two holes again, if its silver colour, it means its aluminium, which is fake. Although aluminum has only about 60 percent of the conductivity of copper, but the tensile strength is very low( which tears apart when subjected to stress) Which makes your USB to to fluctuate. If you are using this type of USB, you will be experiencing partial contact. Most universal modems in Nigeria market today are made with this aluminium contact, because aluminium is cheaper than copper, and the manufacturers/ importers make more money from such.

The pic below clearly shows the two holes that reveals the bus/contact. The bus used for the USB is made with copper, that is why its golden in colour.

Now let the check begins.
Op wat if dey paint d aluminium contact with copper paint

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What Do People Say About Your TECNO Phone? / MTN Now Charges 7.5% Vat On Every Call That Is Made / Top 8 Smartphones With 4G Support And Big Batteries That Cost Less Than N50,000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.