Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,950 members, 7,931,308 topics. Date: Sunday, 25 August 2024 at 09:53 PM

Police To Begin Stop And Search On Roads And Highways Nationwide - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police To Begin Stop And Search On Roads And Highways Nationwide (27494 Views)

Fashola Lists 44 Highways, 63 Roads To Be Constructed In 3-Year Plan / Light Up Lagos Project - 600km Of Roads And 366 Locations Completed / (photos)ABA BAD Roads And People Suffering (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Police To Begin Stop And Search On Roads And Highways Nationwide by sammhi(m): 3:12am On Jul 08, 2015
Arase, you fall my hand well..it seems you want to use this to enrich yourself before you retire next year.
we had more peace with police off the road ooo and less robberies too....

1 Like

Re: Police To Begin Stop And Search On Roads And Highways Nationwide by Teekrayne(m): 3:14am On Jul 08, 2015
Dat 1 no stop dia N20 daily bread! Dem prefer dat money to their normal salary
Re: Police To Begin Stop And Search On Roads And Highways Nationwide by AAinEqGuinea: 3:19am On Jul 08, 2015
Sacrificing personal liberties for the feeling of personal security
Re: Police To Begin Stop And Search On Roads And Highways Nationwide by seanjy4konji: 5:01am On Jul 08, 2015
they are worst that criminals....
Re: Police To Begin Stop And Search On Roads And Highways Nationwide by Skmoda360(m): 5:53am On Jul 08, 2015
omolizzy:
DAT would b good
What is good there? Those thieves...my friend will you forget that one.
Re: Police To Begin Stop And Search On Roads And Highways Nationwide by Gwazah(m): 6:17am On Jul 08, 2015
ZUBY77:
Silly government

When did the government conduct a special training for the idioticc and greedy police officers to be able to deal with people on the road.

We don't have problems here in the East or West. Let this measure take place in the North were people are killed everyday.
Try this in Lagos or PH and the hold up would extend to 4km.

This Government is pure evil.
I saw this long time ago..
If Nigeria survive war between now and the next four years, it would be a miracle.

2014: Boko Haram killed many Anambra people in Mubi.
2015: Boko Haram Prisoners are sent to Anambra State.

Now we know what clueless is..
careless comment from a greedy goat.
U are now saying in the east u have no problem forgotten that if the security measures are not taking, such can confidently spread to that ur zoo and as of then u will blame the government of not taking proactive measures.
why do people hate seeing police on the road? just do the right thing and rest nah, pls let be law abiding police can do nothing when ur hands are clean.
Re: Police To Begin Stop And Search On Roads And Highways Nationwide by keepmegoing(m): 6:21am On Jul 08, 2015
The IG is taking wrong decision ever, Never allow police back on the roads and do the necessary things around the North-Eastern part of the country. police brutality on roads block is not something to bring back to the country about %85 road Users have condemned this as heinous act from the IG. Please reverse your order now or the good people of the country would suffer for this. Do the needful things. #Do Not Bring Back police on the roads.
Re: Police To Begin Stop And Search On Roads And Highways Nationwide by UnknownT: 6:48am On Jul 08, 2015
architez:

What type of laptop, if I may ask? Mine is the brand new Apple that just came out. It's quite versatile. Is yours apple too?
Nooo! Naija police no send the type oif laptop oh! Even if na pentium 1, so far say u no dey with d particulars. Mine is Dell btw
Re: Police To Begin Stop And Search On Roads And Highways Nationwide by dataland: 7:14am On Jul 08, 2015
Cheapest Mtn data bundle ever at give away price

Buy mtn data valid for a month
check my profile for more details
Re: Police To Begin Stop And Search On Roads And Highways Nationwide by topsco(m): 7:51am On Jul 08, 2015
Hope in #fullnessoftime it wont be like before #ogakuleloda
Re: Police To Begin Stop And Search On Roads And Highways Nationwide by simplynola(m): 8:23am On Jul 08, 2015
Temporary measure to resume N50 naira Check point allowance and add up to the worse traffic situation. Clueless IG
Re: Police To Begin Stop And Search On Roads And Highways Nationwide by PecE2Make: 8:44am On Jul 08, 2015
1)If I report to the nearest police station of any abnormalities in NPF I.e #50 stuff, do u think DPO in that area will forward the matter to the appropriate quarter?
2) NPF might be the next victims of BH
Re: Police To Begin Stop And Search On Roads And Highways Nationwide by ZUBY77(m): 9:21am On Jul 08, 2015
Gwazah:

careless comment from a greedy goat.
U are now saying in the east u have no problem forgotten that if the security measures are not taking, such can confidently spread to that ur zoo and as of then u will blame the government of not taking proactive measures.
why do people hate seeing police on the road? just do the right thing and rest nah, pls let be law abiding police can do nothing when ur hands are clean.

If SE is zoo, I wonder what your place would be called.

I maintain that I won't tolerate a situation where Police stops me every 2km to search me.
We don't carry bombs down here. I know what the police does here even when they were asked to leave the roads.

If they must be given permission to search every vehicle, let it be in the North East and and Central.

Stop any vehicle in any major lagos road and see how many cars that will pile up in two minutes.
Re: Police To Begin Stop And Search On Roads And Highways Nationwide by Babysho(m): 11:05am On Jul 08, 2015
gratiaeo:
Look at what 15million deranged Nigerians have put us into with their vote in the name of voting change. This government is confuse.
If na like this change 'gbakwa oku'

Your father
Re: Police To Begin Stop And Search On Roads And Highways Nationwide by Zeddicus001(m): 11:58am On Jul 08, 2015
how can buhari dismantle check point on the highway of recent there were bomb blast in Zaria,jos and kano I swear without check point and no hardware to detect bomb in a vehicle... buhari I swear I voted for u but is too early for u to begin with failure.... now nig police can begin their useless collection of #50 instead of during their duty
Re: Police To Begin Stop And Search On Roads And Highways Nationwide by baralatie(m): 12:04pm On Jul 08, 2015
shilexholly:
Back to business......hr no go funny at all.....pollice go tak am personal
Very personal
Re: Police To Begin Stop And Search On Roads And Highways Nationwide by Codims82(m): 1:10pm On Jul 08, 2015
WHala for us all.
Re: Police To Begin Stop And Search On Roads And Highways Nationwide by andyanders: 1:50pm On Jul 08, 2015
If truly, current IG instructed his boys to go back to the road block and stop and search, then IG must have enjoyed the system during his time.

No reasonable IG would want to return police on road block. Foreigners has been embarrassed several times on our highways and intercity areas by the Nigerian police officers brandishing guns and asking for egunje.

Asking one to report any erring officer is another crime because their colleagues would end up framing you up against an offence you did not commit.
Re: Police To Begin Stop And Search On Roads And Highways Nationwide by ManTiger(m): 3:40pm On Jul 08, 2015
barcanista:
Good decision but I'd have preferred the army...especially in the North
grin
Re: Police To Begin Stop And Search On Roads And Highways Nationwide by Gwazah(m): 5:26pm On Jul 08, 2015
ZUBY77:

If SE is zoo, I wonder what your place would be called.

I maintain that I won't tolerate a situation where Police stops me every 2km to search me.
We don't carry bombs down here. I know what the police does here even when they were asked to leave the roads.

If they must be given permission to search every vehicle, let it be in the North East and and Central.

Stop any vehicle in any major lagos road and see how many cars that will pile up in two minutes.
Its just unfortunate ur suggestion will not count because u are nobody.
Re: Police To Begin Stop And Search On Roads And Highways Nationwide by Gwazah(m): 5:36pm On Jul 08, 2015
andyanders:
If truly, current IG instructed his boys to go back to the road block and stop and search, then IG must have enjoyed the system during his time.

No reasonable IG would want to return police on road block. Foreigners has been embarrassed several times on our highways and intercity areas by the Nigerian police officers brandishing guns and asking for egunje.

Asking one to report any erring officer is another crime because their colleagues would end up framing you up against an offence you did not commit.
Are u living in Nigeria at all? Do u read crime statistics during these days? Finally, death and harassment which is better?
Re: Police To Begin Stop And Search On Roads And Highways Nationwide by tym92(m): 11:40pm On Jul 08, 2015
pretydiva:
wats funny undecided
buhahahahaha....
Re: Police To Begin Stop And Search On Roads And Highways Nationwide by architez: 10:24pm On Jul 09, 2015
UnknownT:
Nooo! Naija police no send the type oif laptop oh! Even if na pentium 1, so far say u no dey with d particulars. Mine is Dell btw

U R right.

BTW, you may care to comment on a thread I just posted in crime section called:
"Age of consent: Is this what we want?"

Whenever u post a thread also tell me.
Re: Police To Begin Stop And Search On Roads And Highways Nationwide by akigbemaru: 12:05am On Jul 14, 2015
Police To Begin Stop And Search On Roads And Highways Nationwide)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ex-petroleum Minister Excelled In Corruption - TY Danjuma / PDP: Buhari Thinks Dasuki Wants To Be President / Why Nigeria should remove Subsidy now. Saudi Arabia & UAE have dropped Subsidy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.