Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,915 members, 7,973,136 topics. Date: Saturday, 12 October 2024 at 09:34 AM

NITEL CARD: Have You Seen This Before? (pic) - Phones (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / NITEL CARD: Have You Seen This Before? (pic) (46103 Views)

6 Things NITEL Should Do To Get Nigerians To Buy Its SIM Cards Like Hot Cakes! / ‘new NITEL’ Targets 50m 4G Subscribers / NITEL Returns As NTEL With 4G Cheaper Data Services (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NITEL CARD: Have You Seen This Before? (pic) by xmen4mee(m): 9:18pm On Jul 08, 2015
I've used it - after using it - you can use it as key holder lol -
Re: NITEL CARD: Have You Seen This Before? (pic) by Profitboss(m): 10:43pm On Jul 08, 2015
Card wey we de store for inside refrigerator to reduce rate unit droping. shocked wink kiss[color=#000099][/color] embarassed
Re: NITEL CARD: Have You Seen This Before? (pic) by piagetskinner(m): 11:16pm On Jul 08, 2015
Those phone booths in my area went into comatose bearly a year after installation
Re: NITEL CARD: Have You Seen This Before? (pic) by Mykelpato(m): 1:43am On Jul 09, 2015
grin we have it here

Missed Nitel
Re: NITEL CARD: Have You Seen This Before? (pic) by boluyongp(m): 9:42am On Jul 09, 2015
Aikon:
Or better still did you use it back then when NITEL was operating fully?
ahhh! This card.. I remember the cheat code to call free--- P1, P2, asterik (*), Language select ....hehehe
Re: NITEL CARD: Have You Seen This Before? (pic) by tjdimmy(m): 12:28pm On Jul 09, 2015
Some people are wicked o, they will just do things to make you remember your date of birth just when u wanna feel young and fly, God dey.
Re: NITEL CARD: Have You Seen This Before? (pic) by laudate: 11:53am On Jul 11, 2015
idolda:
Never even seen it before

encryptjay:
Mehn, seeing this for the first time...

Indomie generation! wink cheesy grin
Re: NITEL CARD: Have You Seen This Before? (pic) by laudate: 11:59am On Jul 11, 2015
adadadon:
used it and am barely 20 years so?

Are you sure! shocked I doubt it, oh. You must have been what..., then? Five years old?
Re: NITEL CARD: Have You Seen This Before? (pic) by laudate: 12:02pm On Jul 11, 2015
atilla:
We used to use this card 1994 to call my sister who just moved to England. We used to go to the Nigel office at Falomo and queue up on long line with mumc. One of us would be checking d units and certain amount goes goes we would end the call so we still have credit to call another day.

Those days some guys would tap into Nigel line on the road and stand shouting call international.
That way if u use them it would be much much cheaper than using Nitel.

Kai things don change.
Our digital number then 01 2694196
Our old old analogue no 8908297

Bros, you used to live in Ikoyi. Na for that side wey dem install the 269-series. If I check the old Nitel telephone directory, I fit see your name and address for there...! grin grin
Re: NITEL CARD: Have You Seen This Before? (pic) by laudate: 12:04pm On Jul 11, 2015
atilla:
We used to use this card 1994 to call my sister who just moved to England. We used to go to the Nigel office at Falomo and queue up on long line with mumc. One of us would be checking d units and certain amount goes goes we would end the call so we still have credit to call another day.

Those days some guys would tap into Nigel line on the road and stand shouting call international.
That way if u use them it would be much much cheaper than using Nitel.

Kai things don change.
Our digital number then 01 2694196
Our old old analogue no 8908297

Bros, e be like say you used to live in Ikoyi or for inside Dolphin Estate. Na for that side wey dem install the 269-series. If I check the old Nitel telephone directory, I fit see your name and address for there...! grin grin
Re: NITEL CARD: Have You Seen This Before? (pic) by laudate: 12:16pm On Jul 11, 2015
hansad:
Yeah, people from the SW ran NITEL then, in the 1980s, shortly after the civil war.

NITEL went under, irresponsible and thieving management killed NITEL, killed its landline and mobile lines.
Sophisticated SW. Yea.........h.

Today, the countries that invented mobile phones can hardly do without landline phones.

Guy, stop ranting!! shocked

People from different tribes and ethnic groups ran NITEL. In those good old days, Nitel would always toss your land lines at the end of the month, so you are forced to carry all your phone bills to their office to reconcile your payments, before they restore service. The GM in charge of the Nitel office in my area was an Igbo man. Very difficult man whose mission was to make sure that subscribers suffered for the pleasure of using their land lines. His accountant was also Igbo, but quite helpful. undecided

The clerks were from different tribes (i.e. Idoma, Yoruba, Isoko etc.). There was one Urhobo chic there that my uncle fancied like mad, in those days. He always bought me extra gala and coke, to keep me quiet while he was toasting the girl! grin

The Nitel technician assigned to our district to restore service on the lines was a Benue man. He had two colleagues from Rivers and Akwa Ibom states who worked with him. We always had to find them something, in order to encourage them to come and fix the lines in our area. angry
Re: NITEL CARD: Have You Seen This Before? (pic) by encryptjay(m): 1:37pm On Jul 11, 2015
laudate:

Indomie generation! wink cheesy grin
Hehehehe...
Re: NITEL CARD: Have You Seen This Before? (pic) by atilla(m): 2:40pm On Jul 11, 2015
laudate:

Bros, e be like say you used to live in Ikoyi or for inside Dolphin Estate. Na for that side wey dem install the 269-series. If I check the old Nitel telephone directory, I fit see your name and address for there...! grin grin

Yeah boss. We were on hawkesworth road now ojora road where jamb office is. Guess u used to live in ikoyi also?
Re: NITEL CARD: Have You Seen This Before? (pic) by adadadon(m): 3:43pm On Jul 12, 2015
laudate:

Are you sure! shocked I doubt it, oh. You must have been what..., then? Five years old?
yes 5
Re: NITEL CARD: Have You Seen This Before? (pic) by laudate: 6:20pm On Jul 12, 2015
atilla:

Yeah boss. We were on hawkesworth road now ojora road where jamb office is. Guess u used to live in ikoyi also?

Yep! Grew up there.
Re: NITEL CARD: Have You Seen This Before? (pic) by bigtt76(f): 9:26pm On Jul 12, 2015
Abeg who still remember the coin operated phone booth? Please post pictures if you do. That was the real McCoy then just go in and harvest excess coins there hehehe
Re: NITEL CARD: Have You Seen This Before? (pic) by Ohkqui: 12:55am On Aug 14, 2023
Where can I get the old Nitel phone

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Xenophobic Attack: Is MTN Trying To Frustrate Glo? / Some Places Where Use Of Phone Is Prohibited But People Dont Obey / 5 Reasons Windows Phone Is Better Than Android

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.