Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,912 members, 7,931,162 topics. Date: Sunday, 25 August 2024 at 05:50 PM

Guys How Many Of You Have Experienced This??? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Guys How Many Of You Have Experienced This??? (3057 Views)

10 Strange Emotions You Have Experienced But Can’t Explain / Who Else Has Experienced This? why do some ladies act this way? / How Many Of Us Have Experienced This Kind Of Chatting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Guys How Many Of You Have Experienced This??? by damilareoye: 8:03am On Jul 08, 2015
Quite great to do such.
Re: Guys How Many Of You Have Experienced This??? by Ugojames(m): 8:04am On Jul 08, 2015
MisterLongman:
You mean atheists shouldn't get married....
What about married couples practicing different religion (e.g a staunch muslim husband and a christian wife). Do you think the husband will sit down and be saying amen to his wife's prayer
Situations varies but I'm sure you understand what context the post is directed to

1 Like

Re: Guys How Many Of You Have Experienced This??? by Gurgle(f): 8:05am On Jul 08, 2015
MisterLongman:
You mean atheists shouldn't get married....
What about married couples practicing different religion (e.g a staunch muslim husband and a christian wife). Do you think the husband will sit down and be saying amen to his wife's prayer

yeah of course he would. if he was serious

if I was married to a muslim I would at least make an effort to engage with his faith although I don't believe it

why would you marry someone you are unwilling to support and who is unwilling to support you

even if you don't believe the same thing as them, the love you show through your support will cause them to understand why you believe what you believe
Re: Guys How Many Of You Have Experienced This??? by Ugojames(m): 8:07am On Jul 08, 2015
Jollyjoy:
Baseless assertion!

It's not baseless when pray with a pure heart free of sin or guilt
Re: Guys How Many Of You Have Experienced This??? by Nobody: 8:11am On Jul 08, 2015
Ugojames:

It's not baseless when pray with a pure heart free of sin or guilt
oooh! Really? If only prayers work.
Re: Guys How Many Of You Have Experienced This??? by Ugojames(m): 8:13am On Jul 08, 2015
Jollyjoy:
oooh! Really? If only prayers work.
Ok, I get you now, so what happened to you?
What caused you to start thinking like this?
Re: Guys How Many Of You Have Experienced This??? by MisterLongman(m): 8:20am On Jul 08, 2015
Gurgle:

yeah of course he would. if he was serious

if I was married to a muslim I would at least make an effort to engage with his faith although I don't believe it

why would you marry someone you are unwilling to support and who is unwilling to support you

even if you don't believe the same thing as them, the love you show through your support will cause them to understand why you believe what you believe

Not wanting to pray with you does not mean that one is unwilling to support you.....
You can always pray for him or her on your own, that's another form of support not necessarily U and I kinda prayer......
There are many inter-religious marriages, where the husband never stepped a foot in her place of worship and vice versa, yet they are relatively successful.
What matters is understanding which is not stemmed from one spouse beliefs because it takes two to tango
Re: Guys How Many Of You Have Experienced This??? by Godskidmidas(m): 8:22am On Jul 08, 2015
Gurgle:
technically we are all supposed to be doing this

but I would find it awkward and embarrassing
Embarrassing? Praying with a potential partner, embarrassing?
Re: Guys How Many Of You Have Experienced This??? by Nobody: 8:25am On Jul 08, 2015
Ugojames:

Ok, I get you now, so what happened to you?
What caused you to start thinking like this?
i think prayers only bring relieve,hope and aspiration,like seriously how do u explain ceaseles praying without response?u pray 4 guidance bt end up having accident,robbed and the rest,u prayed 4 favour ceaselessly bt ntin happened. Infact the list is endles bt dat nt withstanding prayers gives us hope for beta days ahead.
Re: Guys How Many Of You Have Experienced This??? by Gurgle(f): 8:35am On Jul 08, 2015
MisterLongman:

Not wanting to pray with you does not mean that one is unwilling to support you.....
You can always pray for him or her on your own, that's another form of support not necessarily U and I kinda prayer......
There are many inter-religious marriages, where the husband never stepped a foot in her place of worship and vice versa, yet they are relatively successful.
What matters is understanding which is not stemmed from one spouse beliefs because it takes two to tango

Ok I understand

I wouldn't even pray with him self, I thought you were talking about completely refusing to acknowledge or respect the other person's faith

although I don't think people of different faiths should marry, but that's another story
Re: Guys How Many Of You Have Experienced This??? by Gurgle(f): 8:37am On Jul 08, 2015
Godskidmidas:

Embarrassing? Praying with a potential partner, embarrassing?

I was not raised to pray around other people

I feel self-conscious doing such
Re: Guys How Many Of You Have Experienced This??? by MisterLongman(m): 8:52am On Jul 08, 2015
Gurgle:

Ok I understand

I wouldn't even pray with him self, I thought you were talking about completely refusing to acknowledge or respect the other person's faith

although I don't think people of different faiths should marry, but that's another story
Okay
Re: Guys How Many Of You Have Experienced This??? by lurlah2014(f): 8:56am On Jul 08, 2015
praying with your partner is a good one cos to some people it increase the strength of the relationship also can differentiate you from every other girl or guy with other option or intention
Re: Guys How Many Of You Have Experienced This??? by Swizdoe(m): 9:10am On Jul 08, 2015
Jollyjoy:
i think prayers only bring relieve,hope and aspiration,like seriously how do u explain ceaseles praying without response?u pray 4 guidance bt end up having accident,robbed and the rest,u prayed 4 favour ceaselessly bt ntin happened. Infact the list is endles bt dat nt withstanding prayers gives us hope for beta days ahead.

Have you heard of fraudulent phrases like PUSH like pray until something happen ( or something related to this, not sure), that the gOM ( gods of men) normally use.
You should know better but if you like you can continue to pray, I'm sure in the fullness of time, your prayers will be answered

(1) (2) (Reply)

Who Love Sex Most / Ladies,can You Cope With It? / Do You Wish Your Wife Is Like This Woman?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.