Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,858 members, 7,909,219 topics. Date: Friday, 02 August 2024 at 08:06 PM

Please I Need Info On Corolla 2004 Security System??? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Please I Need Info On Corolla 2004 Security System??? (3602 Views)

Car Security System On Instrument Dashboard / Help With Car Security System. / Please! Enlighten Me On Toyota Corolla 2004/2005 Model (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please I Need Info On Corolla 2004 Security System??? by rozey247(m): 4:42pm On Jul 08, 2015
To the car gurus in the house. I just bought a tokumbo 2004 toyota corolla and i have so much worried as regard to the issue of securty. I want to know if the car has a factory anti theft system. And how do i know if the car key has sensor I used honda accord 2003 before and i know it has a very good security system in that theres no way you can start the car without its actual key unless u program it with another. Does all corollas 2004 came with same features? Please the car gurus help!!!
Re: Please I Need Info On Corolla 2004 Security System??? by blackfm: 7:42pm On Jul 08, 2015
What trim is your corolla, CE,LE or LX?
LE and LX come standard with engine immobilizer and programed keys as well as keyless entry(remote control for doorlock).
If you wnt additional security though, install a tracker or anoda imobilizer unit(goes for about 5k) if you don't want to incur tracker expense.
The one I installed on my LE will keep the engine cranking without starting till kingdom comes unless it's disabled

4 Likes

Re: Please I Need Info On Corolla 2004 Security System??? by Fulaman198(m): 12:23am On Jul 09, 2015
Like the poster before me said it depends on the trim that you buy.

LE and SE come with an engine immobilizer.

However, the CE does not come with one.

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Info On Corolla 2004 Security System??? by Stylz69(m): 5:07am On Jul 09, 2015
If you want to know if your corolla comes with a sensor, there should be a little red light with the word security written on top of it. When you pull your key out of the ignition it blinks. If your car has this light, then your car has an immobilizer.

2 Likes

Re: Please I Need Info On Corolla 2004 Security System??? by rozey247(m): 9:00am On Jul 09, 2015
Thanks a lot.. i am using the LE trim. and it shows that red blinking light when the ignition is off. Thanks once more
blackfm:
What trim is your corolla, CE,LE or LX?
LE and LX come standard with engine immobilizer and programed keys as well as keyless entry(remote control for doorlock).
If you wnt additional security though, install a tracker or anoda imobilizer unit(goes for about 5k) if you don't want to incur tracker expense.
The one I installed on my LE will keep the engine cranking without starting till kingdom comes unless it's disabled
Re: Please I Need Info On Corolla 2004 Security System??? by rozey247(m): 9:01am On Jul 09, 2015
Stylz69:
If you want to know if your corolla comes with a sensor, there should be a little red light with the word security written on top of it. When you pull your key out of the ignition it blinks. If your car has this light, then your car has an immobilizer.
yeah mine hav that. Thanks bro
Re: Please I Need Info On Corolla 2004 Security System??? by tscartracker(m): 2:18pm On Jul 09, 2015
IGNORANCE is a state of lack of Information or knowledge....
Don't wait till your Vehicle is stolen before you know the value of a Car Tracker... Be smart get your vehicle track, don't wait for that ugly incident to happen. Control & Monitor your car on your phones from anywhere in world... 07060807413..

(1) (Reply)

This Abandoned Toyota Avalon XX30 Might Have Been Stolen / Why Do A Lot Of Nigerians Detest Coupe Cars? / Winch Kin Car Be Dis?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.