Stats: 3,183,045 members, 7,919,307 topics. Date: Tuesday, 13 August 2024 at 06:49 AM

Why My Meeting With President Obama Is Important — Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why My Meeting With President Obama Is Important — Buhari (1303 Views)

Why I Don't Attend Council Of States Meeting With President Buhari – Fayose / "My Meeting With Cramjones": My Own Story~Tonyebarcanista / Important: Buhari Should Probe Lagos Ibadan Express Way (2) (3) (4)

Why My Meeting With President Obama Is Important — Buhari by Franchise21(m): 9:49pm On Jul 08, 2015
President Muhammadu Buhari Wednesday in Abuja expressed the hope that his forthcoming meeting with President Barack Obama will further strengthen bilateral ties between Nigeria and the USA.
At a meeting the United States Deputy Secretary of State, Mr. Anthony J. Blinken, President Buhari said that his talks with President Obama will also give a much needed impetus to his administration’s efforts to overcome the challenge of terrorism.
The President told Mr. Blinken that Nigeria also looks forward to greater support from the United States for the multinational Joint Task Force being mobilized against Boko Haram.
President Buhari said that Nigeria and other Gulf of Guinea nations will also welcome more cooperation from the United States to enhance maritime security in the Gulf and curb crude oil theft.
On behalf of President Obama, Mr. Blinken commiserated with President Buhari and all Nigerians over the recent loss of lives in terrorist attacks.
The Under Secretary of State said that he was convinced that President Buhari’s election will further expand the frontiers of the existing relationship between Nigeria and the United States.
He assured President Buhari that the United States government will be ready to discuss all matters put forward by the Nigerian government during the President’s visit to Washington DC.

Femi Adesina
Special Adviser to the President
(Media & Publicity)
July 8, 2015

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/more-news/186349-why-my-meeting-with-president-obama-is-important-buhari.html?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter
Re: Why My Meeting With President Obama Is Important — Buhari by Franchise21(m): 9:50pm On Jul 08, 2015
Re: Why My Meeting With President Obama Is Important — Buhari by chiangyokay: 9:51pm On Jul 08, 2015
Hmmmm
Re: Why My Meeting With President Obama Is Important — Buhari by dunkem21(m): 9:52pm On Jul 08, 2015
Neo Colonialism ..

Obama/ America refused to sell weapons to Nigeria

Obama congratulated JEGA and gave him a certificate even when the elections is still ongoing ..

Obama released funds to help fight terrorism days after handover ..

..Buhari will be the first president to visit Obama after the gay approval ..

Be a man, Buhari and tell Obama in the face that gay marriage is dEVILish.

Re: Why My Meeting With President Obama Is Important — Buhari by Imortal001: 9:52pm On Jul 08, 2015
Pmb, beware of woves with sheep clothing! i believe that my president will allow obama to use his rock&roll to spoil his blues.
GOD punish devil!
Re: Why My Meeting With President Obama Is Important — Buhari by dotwyz: 9:53pm On Jul 08, 2015
SHAKITI BOBO
Re: Why My Meeting With President Obama Is Important — Buhari by echelons(m): 9:54pm On Jul 08, 2015
Hope he doesn't go there alone. Lots of disgrace whenever he does or says things without his special assistants.

Goodluck Mr President, negotiate on the side of strength.

Re: Why My Meeting With President Obama Is Important — Buhari by eedriyz(m): 9:55pm On Jul 08, 2015
OK
Re: Why My Meeting With President Obama Is Important — Buhari by Mamaflex(f): 9:57pm On Jul 08, 2015
No wahala. Just go. And remember to send some photos so that the wailing wailers will wail a little. I love it when them wails wink .

BTW, nor too near Obama o. Make he nor go give you belle. undecided
Re: Why My Meeting With President Obama Is Important — Buhari by ronald4lif(m): 10:12pm On Jul 08, 2015
All these globetrotting by Buhari what is it exactly for?. To stoke the hypocritical ego of the West I suppose?. Not long ago, the President of Kenya, Uhuru Kenyatta called on African leaders to abandon and ignore foriegn aids and their so called military and humanitarian assistance. It is trite as it is basic that he who pays the piper dictates the tune. We must not only be a politically sovereign country, we must and it must be signalled to the rest of the world and more emphatically to the West and America that we too, can be economically sovereign. This visits must cease. Why hasn't Obama visited Nigeria?.

It is not in doubt or under any form of contest that we Africans are different people, not by the colour of our skins, nor because of our geographical location, but by our cultures and traditional beliefs which are sometimes or honestly, most times at war with that of the West. If the People's Republic of China, India and Russia could hold their own, particularly China, Nigeria and Africa can. This attitude of accepting or even more depressingly, soliciting aids from these hypocrites will spell doom for us (I hope not).

In doubt, since the sponsored murder of Gadaffi, what has become of Libya? Somalia? Why is the President of Syria still in power? Fela couldn't be more precise "Disunited United Nations". Who is united in United Nations? Isreal and Palestine? Iran and Iraq? Ukraine and Russia? The veto power exerciseable by the 'world powers nko?.

It is basic that a man who sows expects to reap! Charity is another word for investment as far as my learning goes.
My people say, a man who must dine with the devil, must employ the help of a very long spoon.

Re: Why My Meeting With President Obama Is Important — Buhari by Nobody: 10:14pm On Jul 08, 2015
Is d visit going to produce d ministerial list?
Re: Why My Meeting With President Obama Is Important — Buhari by Sunofgod(m): 10:15pm On Jul 08, 2015
Buhari - take an interpreter with you - And don't call him 'Prime Minister' Obama of Canada!!!!!

Re: Why My Meeting With President Obama Is Important — Buhari by worksmart(m): 10:26pm On Jul 08, 2015
When is the President going to come out in front of journalists and speak for himself?

Abeg is Femi Adesina the president?

I do not recall ever seeing the president on video appoint Adesina as his spokesman.

Something is very odd, when we realise that we have not seen the president being asked a single question on video since his inauguration 6 weeks ago.

It is even more worrisome when we recall that the president did not show up to inaugurate his own NAss.
Re: Why My Meeting With President Obama Is Important — Buhari by mrvitalis(m): 10:34pm On Jul 08, 2015
But please no gay talk
Re: Why My Meeting With President Obama Is Important — Buhari by ERODEDEAST(f): 10:37pm On Jul 08, 2015
Someone should go with him.
Re: Why My Meeting With President Obama Is Important — Buhari by Olofintoto(m): 10:47pm On Jul 08, 2015
is dat all?
Re: Why My Meeting With President Obama Is Important — Buhari by francizy(m): 10:48pm On Jul 08, 2015
ronald4lif:
All these globetrotting by Buhari what is it exactly for?. To stoke the hypocritical ego of the West I suppose?. Not long ago, the President of Kenya, Uhuru Kenyatta called on African leaders to abandon and ignore foriegn aids and their so called military and humanitarian assistance. It is trite as it is basic that he who pays the piper dictates the tune. We must not only be a politically sovereign country, we must and it must be signalled to the rest of the world and more emphatically to the West and America that we too, can be economically sovereign. This visits must cease. Why hasn't Obama visited Nigeria?.

It is not in doubt or under any form of contest that we Africans are different people, not by the colour of our skins, nor because of our geographical location, but by our cultures and traditional beliefs which are sometimes or honestly, most times at war with that of the West. If the People's Republic of China, India and Russia could hold their own, particularly China, Nigeria and Africa can. This attitude of accepting or even more depressingly, soliciting aids from these hypocrites will spell doom for us (I hope not).

In doubt, since the sponsored murder of Gadaffi, what has become of Libya? Somalia? Why is the President of Syria still in power? Fela couldn't be more precise "Disunited United Nations". Who is united in United Nations? Isreal and Palestine? Iran and Iraq? Ukraine and Russia? The veto power exerciseable by the 'world powers nko?.

It is basic that a man who sows expects to reap! Charity is another word for investment as far as my learning goes.
My people say, a man who must dine with the devil, must employ the help of a very long spoon.

My dearest brother! You must have said this from the bottom of your heart! The evident is you not indenting your post. We are gradually knowing who's clueless tho, because I wonder what could be so important that our unserious paparazzi president can't discuss with Obama on phone or via Skype in this computer age that even tooth brushes are made with Operating System.

It is not in doubt that some certain set of people can even sleep with devil himself just to get into and maintain power. What a country!
Re: Why My Meeting With President Obama Is Important — Buhari by Maxymilliano(m): 10:54pm On Jul 08, 2015
Strenghten bilateral relationship I read ... The President should know that there's no free lunch in freetown.

America will never give you anything for free .
Re: Why My Meeting With President Obama Is Important — Buhari by KingTom(m): 10:55pm On Jul 08, 2015
francizy:

My dearest brother! You must have said this from the bottom of your heart! The evident is you not indenting your post. We are gradually knowing who's clueless tho, because I wonder what could be so important that our [size=30pt]unserious paparazzi president[/size] can't discuss with Obama on phone or via Skype in this computer age that even tooth brushes are made with Operating System.

It is not in doubt that some certain set of people can even sleep with devil himself just to get into and maintain power. What a country!

Re: Why My Meeting With President Obama Is Important — Buhari by ifihearam: 11:03pm On Jul 08, 2015
BUHARI NOR O DISGRACE URSELF THERE OOOOOO
Re: Why My Meeting With President Obama Is Important — Buhari by ronald4lif(m): 11:08pm On Jul 08, 2015
francizy:

My dearest brother! You must have said this from the bottom of your heart! The evident is you not indenting your post. We are gradually knowing who's clueless tho, because I wonder what could be so important that our unserious paparazzi president can't discuss with Obama on phone or via Skype in this computer age that even tooth brushes are made with Operating System.

Bro naso. It is indeed saddening that since APC clinged power there's no tangible development or laid down strategy Nigerians are privy to for their much touted change. The office of Nigerian president wields no lesser authority neither is it of any dimunitive value to that of the U.S. and we as a people must cease being the Western pawns if we must make developmental strides as a country.

Obama has visited our neighbouring Ghana twice since he became president 7years ago and he'll soon be visiting Ethiopia, also in Africa but has never deem it fit to grace our country. But our presidents keeps gambolling behind these Western hypocrites. As much as I don't want to give up on these pseudo change agents in APC just yet but they keep disappointing Nigerians. Too many falsehood are being brought to bare. Nigerians are watching.

Re: Why My Meeting With President Obama Is Important — Buhari by Ecoplexus: 11:55pm On Jul 08, 2015
Gay marriage should be off the discussion.
Re: Why My Meeting With President Obama Is Important — Buhari by francizy(m): 6:13am On Jul 09, 2015
ronald4lif:

Bro naso. It is indeed saddening that since APC clinged power there's no tangible development or laid down strategy Nigerians are privy to for their much touted change. The office of Nigerian president wields no lesser authority neither is it of any dimunitive value to that of the U.S. and we as a people must cease being the Western pawns if we must make developmental strides as a country.

Obama has visited our neighbouring Ghana twice since he became president 7years ago and he'll soon be visiting Ethiopia, also in Africa but has never deem it fit to grace our country. But our presidents keeps gambolling behind these Western hypocrites. As much as I don't want to give up on these pseudo change agents in APC just yet but they keep disappointing Nigerians. Too many falsehood are being brought to bare. Nigerians are watching.

I don't know why Kingtom has been taunting me like a native doctor these few days.. I hope he has not adopted the behaviour of the broom gang tho... SmH...

Back to discuss, this dependency on a country that we all know they can't be trusted is sickening. Soon we'll be asking America to come and help us lay with our wives just because we made have puppet president. His supporters know he has made so many wrong moves that even a child cannot make in such a short time but hey, they will never criticize him. They prefer giving him the praises he doesn't deserve. I hate corruption but that doesn't mean I'll sellout to a visionless, clueless, old man just because he promised to fight corruption. Meanwhile he will never fight those people within his circle that are corrupt, so why will I trust him?

Nigerians will be on sitting a long and lubricated horse côrk for 4 good years!
Re: Why My Meeting With President Obama Is Important — Buhari by worksmart(m): 6:37am On Jul 09, 2015
PMB is no puppet.
Remember his words: " I belong to nobody".

The fact that PMB hasn't been seen on any live public events in Nigeria, did not appear to inaugurate his own NAss, has not been seen meeting members of his transition committee, has not appointed his ministers all point to very high probability he was secretly removed 30th May 2015 the day I would have expected him to announce his ministerial appointments.

All the photos of him abroad at summits were likely all taken before his inauguration.

US and her G7 allies are behind the secret removal of PMB and conspired with several puppets African countries such as Chad, Niger , South Africa to deceive Nigeria with photos taken of PMB whilst he was president elect.
Re: Why My Meeting With President Obama Is Important — Buhari by tpiander: 6:43am On Jul 09, 2015
op you did not give the date of the meeting.
Re: Why My Meeting With President Obama Is Important — Buhari by babakol(m): 6:55am On Jul 09, 2015
Re: Why My Meeting With President Obama Is Important — Buhari by LouisVanGaal(m): 7:11am On Jul 09, 2015
...Anytime i want to have fun, i no longer visit the joke section..i just zoom to politics section and read the comments of saTANoids...
Re: Why My Meeting With President Obama Is Important — Buhari by major466(m): 10:51am On Jul 09, 2015
Instead of cementing our relationship with the BRICS and other fast developing economies in Asia and Latin America for mutualy exclusive economic development, our dear old Daura Magician is busy trying to sell us out to the West. When will this administration get it into their heads that the West hate Africa and Nigeria in particular Did they think the United States will help Nigeria tackle her Challenges for the benefit of the citizens Have they sad down to evaluate US government's involvement in black countries like Jamaica, Haiti and Liberia These countries except Jamaica are a shadow of gross poverty and underdevelopment. It is interesting to note that despite close proximity to the US and her large economic market, Haiti, a land with great economic potential is as poor as Mozambique. Compare that with Japan that is thousands of miles away from the US but striving economically in trade and investment from the United States and you will realise that Western governments hate the idea of having a black country economically developed like Japan or South Korea.
For Nigeria and Africa to progress, they must trade with one another and stay away from the West or be consume like Haiti.
Re: Why My Meeting With President Obama Is Important — Buhari by sammyj: 11:19am On Jul 09, 2015
Baba you too much oooo
Re: Why My Meeting With President Obama Is Important — Buhari by tpiander: 4:01pm On Jul 09, 2015
Trade.

Demystifying The Opposition Against Buhari / SIM Blockage: Angry Nigerian Writes Open Letter To MTN / Bail-out: I Won’t Pay Pension Arrears, Gratuities – Fayose