Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,979 members, 7,906,684 topics. Date: Wednesday, 31 July 2024 at 02:21 PM

A Banker's Ordeal= Advise Needed - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / A Banker's Ordeal= Advise Needed (5038 Views)

Why You Should Not Be A Banker - A Bank's Stakeholder / Court Awards N76m To Banker For Wrongful Sacking / How Does One Become An Investment Banker ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Banker's Ordeal= Advise Needed by oluwdashmi(f): 1:08pm On Mar 10, 2009
I read thru your ordeal with sympathy but first I want you to thank God for sparing your life.

Secondly, pls move on with your life cos going to the court is like wasting a whole lot of your time which would have been used in doing something more tangible for yourself. If you take your employers to court, I bet you will be on the case when several other jobs and ideas would have come and gone in vain and you might eventually give up or loss cos of bribery and corruption.

Take a better step further and you will be in the place where you will be appreciated. Remember that if you had died in that accident, you will not be thinking of going back to work or dragging your employers to court.
Re: A Banker's Ordeal= Advise Needed by jaguda(m): 6:16pm On Mar 10, 2009
hassymo5:

I have read all the reply and they are good advice, but to me while u are fighting for ur right, seek for job else where. because even if they take u back, u will not b happy working wit that bank. So to me forget that bank and look for another one.[/color]

he needs to have a valid reason for leaving the bank to another one. see, banks do not want to employ workers sacked from other banks. if this bank is not retaining him, they should open up to him and tell him, let him know if he where he stands.

if u ask me of banks, u would probably get the worst of answers from me. Seek audience with the HR, but if they are not forthcoming, see a lawyer, SEBI WE DEY ASK," WETIN LAWYERS DEY DO SEF", now is d time to know.
oluwdashmi:

[color=#000099]I read thru your ordeal with sympathy but first I want you to thank God for sparing your life.

Secondly, pls move on with your life cos going to the court is like wasting a whole lot of your time which would have been used in doing something more tangible for yourself. If you take your employers to court, I bet you will be on the case when several other jobs and ideas would have come and gone in vain and you might eventually give up or loss cos of bribery and corruption.

Take a better step further and you will be in the place where you will be appreciated. Remember that if you had died in that accident, you will not be thinking of going back to work or dragging your employers to court.

reactions like just described is the reason we are where we are as a country. so he turns away and who rights dis wrong? God? He is alive, so fight your battles. Banks are public corporations and do not want to be perceived discriminatory, so go to courts. We should learn to fight our battles, be it courts or national lives.

question:

So be careful how you handle the issue so that it would not cause you more troubles.
If your story is true that means you and the Nigerian Bank may soon be made public. Are you ready for the publicity?
Well, hope for the best and be prepared for the worst

GOODLUCK!

well sed. get ready.
Re: A Banker's Ordeal= Advise Needed by chipass(m): 9:02pm On Mar 10, 2009
@ poster,

I don't think the situation is as bad as it appears. Here are my thoughts:

1. The bank has not communicated to you in writing that you have been dismissed. You need to get the HR manager to say something one way or another.
2. Please review your offer letter. what does it say about termination? one or two weeks notice or one month's salary in lieu of notice is usually required from either side. Check if the bank has fulfiled its own side of the bargain.
3. I hope you are conversant with the policies of the bank you worked for. Most banks have a policy on matters like yours. i.e. what happens when a staff fails to come to work due to ill health for a stipulated period of time, e.t.c.
3. You must have friends in a bank where you worked for eight months! They can always let you know where things stand with HR. Ask them to find out for you.
4. Like has been said else where on this thread, visiting twice and not meeting the HR manager is not sufficient to arrive at the conclusions some have already drawn here. Camp outside his office if you have to!!
5. I know that some banks do outsource the verification of results to third parties. If yours came back negative, that automatically places the bank on enquiry about further dealings with you. Also, you cannot be the only person who attended that university in that bank. So how come the results of the others got verified and yours did not check out? Seek out your alumni in the bank and ask them if they had issues. If the exams and records department changed location, it could not have affected only you!

Finally, your case is strange because most banks I know (I have worked in four of them and have friends in many others) would even help offset some (if not all) of your bill and be more supportive. The only reason I can think of that may be responsible for your current 'limbo' status is that they are trying to verify your your result again based on the new information you provided. Until they satisfy themselves about the status of your qualification, it may not make sense to spend money on you or allow you back into the system. I would advise that you look for another job in the interim. If you're having difficulty defending your 'exit' from your former bank, then stop referencing it in your CV and move on.

As for those critizing the bank, please cut it some slack. We have not heard the bank's side of the story!
Re: A Banker's Ordeal= Advise Needed by BiafraBoy1: 1:58pm On Mar 11, 2009
Im yet to receive any such letter from the bank that I have been dismissed and has sent the HR manager a mail seeking for an appointment.
I will have to see this through so as to clear my name for future records.

thank u all and believe that God has a purpose 4 all
Re: A Banker's Ordeal= Advise Needed by crescent(f): 7:33am On Mar 12, 2009
@ poser :This is awful shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked/ I pray God assist you in this dilemma. Meanwhile you can as well start looking for other work alternative before you drain all the energy and vigour remain. Pray my dude
Re: A Banker's Ordeal= Advise Needed by IFELEKE(m): 1:16pm On Mar 12, 2009
Dear friend,
I work in a bank too and I understand your ordeal,
My candid advise to you is for you to brush up your c.v and seek employment elsewhere,
This is Nigeria and this case of yours is not worth fighting for or else you will find yourself going into financial/emotional bankruptcy,
take heart and move forward,It is well with your body soul and spirit and I seriously believe better days will come for you,

shalom!
Re: A Banker's Ordeal= Advise Needed by Tanzos: 9:16pm On Mar 15, 2009
Sincerely this is rather ludicrous but you need to get up get your act together &really move on with your life.
If you do manage to get back into the bank do you really think you'd like the kind of attention they would be giving to your work?
you don't need this seriously it might sound difficult to accept but you really need to move on with your life.
Read 'who moved my cheese'.
You lost the job with them so?
Is that the end of the world?
Get somewhere else please, seriously it could be your wake up call.
All the best.
Re: A Banker's Ordeal= Advise Needed by BiafraBoy1: 4:49pm On Mar 16, 2009
@Ifeleke & Tanzos,

Tanx and I have moved on though just wanna put my records straight with the bank.
One can never tell, in future someone can bring it up thatz why i wanna put trhe records straight.

Tanx again
Re: A Banker's Ordeal= Advise Needed by larman4u(m): 5:15pm On Mar 24, 2009
Your story is pathetic.I think you need deliverance and prayer. With God on ur side,u re bound to triumph.

Goodluck
Re: A Banker's Ordeal= Advise Needed by emmywonder: 10:11pm On Mar 24, 2009
although this is my first time of posting into this site, i was simply moved by this story, and if true, this is my heart pouring to the person,
the test is your storm, get close to God this time n He will show you things you need to know, sometimes he allows "those bizzare things to happen just to get our attention to him, if only u do the right thing at this time, it will mean your turning point for good,
one clue is left, run to God with all your heart, love him in ur pain, guess what? he will wipe ur tears away!!!
haven't u thot that ,it was his mercy that didn't made it worse, the  enemy chose to destroy ur life but God in is infinite wisdom will use this to lift u up at this time.
I know how it feels ,that is why i am using this platform to lift u up n any other person who may have gone tru or going tru this test,
the eagle naturally soars high against the storm,
be lifted, i say be lifted, May God favor u, may u be a living testimony to others in the same shoe!
God bless u!
Re: A Banker's Ordeal= Advise Needed by okamal(m): 7:55pm On Mar 25, 2009
i congratulate u on succesfull surgery.u have every reasons to be praising God on His mercies bestowed upon ur predicaments.thanks to all the guys that have advised you wisely especially lawyers in the house.pls shld not let this challenges ur facing cause any kind of distress or loosing hope.who says u can never get better job? its the matter of fate oo.pls contact some of these gud lawyers for more legal advise privately.iam a banker too.i know of similar case like that some time last year in a bank where my sister works.the guy in question had spent 10yrs in the bank.though he was a junior staff.That bank paid him off wth the sum of 150,00 only.In the end it was a lawyer that bailed the guy out without collecting a dime from him until they compesate the guy with 4million.Can u imagine that mergin? and u know wht? some membes of the family and friends have been advising this guy to forget it.As that lawyer said , u ahve sound case aagainst ur sch and the bank.i hv confidence in some gud lawyers.meanwhile, keep on trying submitting cv to other industries not limiting it to bank alone who knows perhaps God have beter job for u outside banking syatem.make sure you always full of prayers.i wishe u all the best in ur endavours, cheers
Re: A Banker's Ordeal= Advise Needed by andras(f): 2:57pm On Mar 26, 2009
My dear Biafara Boy,

All you need is Fasting and Prayer if you are a Christain. If you are a Muslim, you know how best "una de pray".
Summon the HR before the THRONE OF GRACE and let God intervene in your case. Wake @ mid-night and cry unto God 4 a week shunning every distractions and see what will happen.

Best wish.
Re: A Banker's Ordeal= Advise Needed by BiafraBoy1: 7:27pm On Aug 03, 2009
Tanx everyone once again and has been out there battling things out.
I finally tried the Godfatherism way and got through to the GMD of the bank who then directed the Group Head HR to re-open the case and re verify my results.
The HR manager was summoned by the Group Head HR and lied that he had told me that i was sacked. Trust me, I told him ti his face that he never told me so and he had been avoiding all my calls, emails and letters. The case will soon be sorted out soon enough cos the GMD is now aware of the situation.

But as God will have it, I have finally landed a job with a telecom giant and the pay package is a bumper harvest. cool
God has been so kind and generous that once u are patient and steadfast in d Lord he will never disappoint u. I am yet to hear from the bank but i aint going back there, though will like to collect any benefits due to me.

Abeg make una join me thank the Almighty God for his goodness, smiley
Re: A Banker's Ordeal= Advise Needed by puskin: 2:48am On Aug 04, 2009
This is real good news 2hear.
U see, I told U. In-order to survive in a bank, U just hv 2hv a GODFATHER.
No doubt.
Finally, God has vindicated nd seen U thru.
Praise HIM
Re: A Banker's Ordeal= Advise Needed by BiafraBoy1: 1:57pm On Aug 08, 2009
Godfatherism dey work no be small though not comparable to Almighty God.

(1) (2) (Reply)

See What PWC, KPMG, Nigerian Breweries, And Deloitte Pays. / Juremi Foundation Establishes Free Technical And Vocational Centres In Abuja / You Can Start With A Low Paying Job

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.