Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,556 members, 7,951,324 topics. Date: Tuesday, 17 September 2024 at 02:10 PM

Unpaid Salaries: 'Bailout Funds Not Jonathan's Savings,' Presidency Blasts PDP - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Unpaid Salaries: 'Bailout Funds Not Jonathan's Savings,' Presidency Blasts PDP (2171 Views)

12 States Owe Salaries Despite Bailout Funds From FG / Presidency Blasts Galadima, Says Buhari Won't Be Alone In 2019 / Festus Keyamo Blasts PDP Supporters, Calls Them "Ekpa" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Unpaid Salaries: 'Bailout Funds Not Jonathan's Savings,' Presidency Blasts PDP by major466(m): 8:26am On Jul 09, 2015
lolaxavier:

Guy stop thinking with your intestines. Money from NLG just came in after he was sworn in. People will just come here and post rubbish all because they want to comment by force.
It does'nt matter when the funds were collected. Money generating assets like NLG tax are part of the Natioanl treasury.
Re: Unpaid Salaries: 'Bailout Funds Not Jonathan's Savings,' Presidency Blasts PDP by PassingShot(m): 8:27am On Jul 09, 2015
major466:

Normaly I don't reply people like you on Nairaland. But I will say this: It does'nt matter whether the monies came in june or july, all assets that generate funds are part of the Nation's treasury. License fees that will be paid to the federal goverment next year is still part of the treasury.
Read your earlier post again and reconcile it with this one.

Was PMB right to say the treasury was "virtually empty" or not? Or, do you expect him to say the treasury was robust based on the fact that some remittances were coming in June, July and the rest months of his tenure.

I should be the one to say I don't reply your type.

2 Likes

Re: Unpaid Salaries: 'Bailout Funds Not Jonathan's Savings,' Presidency Blasts PDP by lolaxavier(m): 8:28am On Jul 09, 2015
major466:

It does'nt matter when the funds were collected. Money generating assets like NLG tax are part of the Natioanl treasury.

What exactly is your point? Don't you understand the topic? Na wa o.
Re: Unpaid Salaries: 'Bailout Funds Not Jonathan's Savings,' Presidency Blasts PDP by naijaclinic: 8:29am On Jul 09, 2015
Like someone above rightly said, if the money was there in May, why borrow to pay May salaries?

2 Likes

Re: Unpaid Salaries: 'Bailout Funds Not Jonathan's Savings,' Presidency Blasts PDP by southsouthman: 8:45am On Jul 09, 2015
midolian:
Thank u o, my broda. They have their money sharing formula sef. As soon as it is ready, they apply it. #looters.

Metuh is just a silly noisemaker. I don't know what makes him think Nigerians, after 16yrs of PDP's misrule, will take dem seriously.

Sentiment is the only reason why this country is where we are today. We allow sentiment to dictate almost everything about us. Every enlightened knows how much the GEJ administration gave out as bail out to industrialists. GEJ is human so cannot be a perfect person. He will surely have weaknesses. We should learn to appreciate the good things about someone if we must move forward as a country.
Re: Unpaid Salaries: 'Bailout Funds Not Jonathan's Savings,' Presidency Blasts PDP by major466(m): 8:50am On Jul 09, 2015
PassingShot:

Read your earlier post again and reconcile it with this one.

Was PMB right to say the treasury was "virtually empty" or not? Or, do you expect him to say the treasury was robust based on the fact that some remittances were coming in June, July and the rest months of his tenure.

I should be the one to say I don't reply your type.
You need to get this straight, the National Treasury can NEVER be empty! Why do I say that? Because the FG generates funds on a monthly and yealy basis through royalties, taxes, sale of natural resources and license fees. Why will a sane leader raise alarm over empty treasury when the Nation's money generating assets are still functioning With the monies acrued to the government in the month of july from NLG tax and sales, do you believe the treasury is still empty
Re: Unpaid Salaries: 'Bailout Funds Not Jonathan's Savings,' Presidency Blasts PDP by major466(m): 8:54am On Jul 09, 2015
lolaxavier:

What exactly is your point? Don't you understand the topic? Na wa o.
Some day you will understand what am talking about.
Re: Unpaid Salaries: 'Bailout Funds Not Jonathan's Savings,' Presidency Blasts PDP by PassingShot(m): 8:55am On Jul 09, 2015
major466:

You need to get this straight, the National Treasury can NEVER be empty! Why do I say that? Because the FG generates funds on a monthly and yealy basis through royalties, taxes, sale of natural resources and license fees. Why will a sane leader raise alarm over empty treasury when the Nation's money generating assets are still functioning With the monies acrued to the government in the month of july from NLG tax and sales, do you believe the treasury is still empty
"Virtually empty" is a relative term.

Discerning minds understand that a treasury which has about $30bn instead of around $100bn is virtually empty especially when the huge debts we owe are factored in. it's like you having a thousand naira in your account while owing ten thousand. Would you not consider yourself broke at that particular time even though you expect salary at the month end?

I am done lecturing you. Typical TANoids have fish brains!

2 Likes

Re: Unpaid Salaries: 'Bailout Funds Not Jonathan's Savings,' Presidency Blasts PDP by major466(m): 9:13am On Jul 09, 2015
PassingShot:

"Virtually empty" is a relative term.

Discerning minds understand that a treasury which has about $30bn instead of around $100bn is virtually empty especially when the huge debts we owe are factored in. it's like you having a thousand naira in your account while owing ten thousand. Would you not consider yourself broke at that particular time even though you expect salary at the month end?

I am done lecturing you. Typical TANoids have fish brains!
Let me give you another analogy: Bill gates is the richest man in the world right? Good. Now is his wealth measured in value or liquid cash saved in Banks? Value of couse. If his wealth is measured in value,what do you think that means Good. It means that Bill gates have money generating capital assets. He may not have up to $10 billion liquid cash in his account but he is valued at more than $70 billion. Why? Assets. Even if he gives out all his $10 billion to charity, bill gates can never be broke. Why is that? Because he has assets geneting revenue on a daily basis.
Now you ask me why will I claim to be broke when I have money generating assets generating income on a monthly basis
Re: Unpaid Salaries: 'Bailout Funds Not Jonathan's Savings,' Presidency Blasts PDP by PassingShot(m): 9:15am On Jul 09, 2015
[s]
major466:

Let me give you another analogy: Bill gates is the richest man in the world right? Good. Now is his wealth measured in value or liquid cash saved in Banks? Value of couse. If his wealth is measured in value,what do you think that means Good. It means that Bill gates have money generating capital assets. He may not have up to $10 billion liquid cash in his account but he is valued at more than $70 billion. Why? Assets. Even if he gives out all his $10 billion to charity, bill gates can never be broke. Why is that? Because he has assets geneting revenue on a daily basis.
Now you ask me why will I claim to be broke when I have money generating assets generating income on a monthly basis
[/s]
Re: Unpaid Salaries: 'Bailout Funds Not Jonathan's Savings,' Presidency Blasts PDP by major466(m): 9:27am On Jul 09, 2015
PassingShot:
[s][/s]
Before you blame GEJ for Nigeria's current debt, let me remind you that Nigeria's debt profile is a collection of all previous governments right from 1960.
Re: Unpaid Salaries: 'Bailout Funds Not Jonathan's Savings,' Presidency Blasts PDP by henchamb(m): 9:28am On Jul 09, 2015
Sofily Sofily catchee wailing wailers
Re: Unpaid Salaries: 'Bailout Funds Not Jonathan's Savings,' Presidency Blasts PDP by Nobody: 9:28am On Jul 09, 2015
if I may ask, did u ever hear about any remittance from nlng during gej? d President Jonathan would receive and pocket it. did yeye fayose come de jam talk, did jona ever give dem anything from nlng b4?
Re: Unpaid Salaries: 'Bailout Funds Not Jonathan's Savings,' Presidency Blasts PDP by Nobody: 9:30am On Jul 09, 2015
if I may ask, did u ever hear about any remittance from nlng during gej? d President Jonathan would receive and pocket it. dis yeye fayose come de jam talk, did jona ever give dem anything from nlng b4?
Re: Unpaid Salaries: 'Bailout Funds Not Jonathan's Savings,' Presidency Blasts PDP by Kastonkastroll(m): 9:33am On Jul 09, 2015
major466:

you just displayed your ignorance with the nonsense you just dropped up there. What did bill gates and his assets got do to with the topic at hand? Wetin even concern NLG tax with bill gates again? mehn na wa oo

1 Like

Re: Unpaid Salaries: 'Bailout Funds Not Jonathan's Savings,' Presidency Blasts PDP by lolaxavier(m): 9:39am On Jul 09, 2015
major466:

[s]Let me give you another analogy: Bill gates is the richest man in the world right? Good. Now is his wealth measured in value or liquid cash saved in Banks? Value of couse. If his wealth is measured in value,what do you think that means Good. It means that Bill gates have money generating capital assets. He may not have up to $10 billion liquid cash in his account but he is valued at more than $70 billion. Why? Assets. Even if he gives out all his $10 billion to charity, bill gates can never be broke. Why is that? Because he has assets geneting revenue on a daily basis.
Now you ask me why will I claim to be broke when I have money generating assets generating income on a monthly basis[/s]

I can't see any sense in this analysis of yours. it does not even correlate in the slightest.
Re: Unpaid Salaries: 'Bailout Funds Not Jonathan's Savings,' Presidency Blasts PDP by henchamb(m): 9:41am On Jul 09, 2015
southsouthman:

Sentiment is the only reason why this country is where we are today. We allow sentiment to dictate almost everything about us. Every enlightened knows how much the GEJ administration gave out as bail out to industrialists. GEJ is human so cannot be a perfect person. He will surely have weaknesses. We should learn to appreciate the good things about someone if we must move forward as a country.
Any man who allows such level of ineptitude and financial and morale recklessness to be his weakness is not worthy to lead a local govt talk more a country like nigeria

1 Like

Re: Unpaid Salaries: 'Bailout Funds Not Jonathan's Savings,' Presidency Blasts PDP by major466(m): 9:44am On Jul 09, 2015
Kastonkastroll:
you just displayed your ignorance with the nonsense you just dropped up there. What did bill gates and his assets got do to with the topic at hand? Wetin even concern NLG tax with bill gates again? mehn na wa oo
Don't worry. You will understand my line of argument in Fullness of Time.
Re: Unpaid Salaries: 'Bailout Funds Not Jonathan's Savings,' Presidency Blasts PDP by major466(m): 9:45am On Jul 09, 2015
lolaxavier:

I can't see any sense in this analysis of yours. it does not even correlate in the slightest.
I don't expect you to understand the point am driving at.
Re: Unpaid Salaries: 'Bailout Funds Not Jonathan's Savings,' Presidency Blasts PDP by ogba20: 9:48am On Jul 09, 2015
lolaxavier:
The Presidency has criticized the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) over its demand that former President Goodluck Jonathan should be given credit for funds recently approved to be shared between Nigeria’s states and the Federal Government.

The Presidency also accused the PDP of creating unnecessary controversy over “the well-intentioned effort” of the President.

This was contained in a statement released by Buhari’s Special Adviser on Media and Publicity, Femi Adesina. It reads:

“Mr. Metuh’s claim that a significant amount of the funds came from savings accumulated in the Excess Crude Account and handed over to the Buhari administration is completely false and deliberately intended to mislead the public.”

“As we clearly stated yesterday (on Tuesday), the funds approved by President Buhari for sharing to the three tiers of government on Monday came entirely from dividends and taxes paid to the Federation Account by the Nigerian Liquefied Natural Gas Company, not from the Excess Crude Account.”

“The disbursed NLNG dividends and taxes were paid into the Federation Account in June this year and confirmed by the Central Bank’s statement to the Federal Government on July 7, 2015.”

“The funds cannot, therefore, be considered ‘savings’ by the Jonathan administration which left office in May, 2015, as disingenuously claimed by Mr. Metuh.”

“Instead of being repeatedly impugned and castigated by the PDP and its agents for honestly telling Nigerians that the nation’s treasury has been immensely depleted and its resources looted or squandered under previous administrations, President Buhari should be commended for the openness, transparency and accountability which he has now brought to the management of national funds.”

“It was in keeping with that disposition that the President promptly disclosed the accrual of the NLNG dividends and taxes to the Federation Account at his recent meeting with state governors and approved the convening of a special session of the FAAC to share it.”

“Mr. Metuh and others, who now ungratefully see Monday’s disbursement of the NLNG proceeds as their “legitimate” earnings and not a “bailout” from the Federal Government, may wish to tell Nigerians if such earnings were ever disclosed by the PDP Federal Government and paid to the states in the past.”

“The public may also wish to note that the Buhari administration itself has never referred to the actions which it was taken to ease the current financial difficulties of states as a “bailout.”

The funds were approved for sharing by Buhari on Monday, July 6.

http://pulse.ng/politics/unpaid-salaries-bailout-funds-not-jonathans-savings-presidency-blasts-pdp-id3953816.html
apc is not the way forward for nigeria, all they fought for was to remove jonathan from power.
Re: Unpaid Salaries: 'Bailout Funds Not Jonathan's Savings,' Presidency Blasts PDP by chernest2002: 9:52am On Jul 09, 2015
They are sharing now after the apc governors will not pay salaries and will deny having approved sharing.
Re: Unpaid Salaries: 'Bailout Funds Not Jonathan's Savings,' Presidency Blasts PDP by lolaxavier(m): 10:07am On Jul 09, 2015
chernest2002:
They are sharing now after the apc governors will not pay salaries and will deny having approved sharing.

Re: Unpaid Salaries: 'Bailout Funds Not Jonathan's Savings,' Presidency Blasts PDP by lolaxavier(m): 5:26pm On Jul 09, 2015
major466:

I don't expect you to understand the point am driving at.

Then I see no reason why you should comment on the thread if people cannot understand your contribution.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Teen Arrested For Bringing Homemade Clock In USA, Obama invites him. / Hilarious Photo: Fashola Preparing Seriously For Screening / Did The Goodluck Jonathan Campaign Team Really Offer This To Nigerians? Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.