Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,202 members, 7,933,973 topics. Date: Wednesday, 28 August 2024 at 03:21 PM

Can Being Single Hurt Your Health? Watch Out! - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Can Being Single Hurt Your Health? Watch Out! (300 Views)

Bad Habits That Can Hurt Your Brain / Health Emergency: 4 Regular Activities That Hurt Your Boobs / Watch Out, Prolonged Sitting Kills (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Can Being Single Hurt Your Health? Watch Out! by idguru501: 1:25pm On Jul 09, 2015
This article is not written to argue for any relationship status. It is just intended to explain the findings of some
researchers on the effect of one’s relationship status on the person’s health. I know a lot of singles that are
very healthy and also a lot of married people too. I have a first hand experience on the kind of effect being
alone can have on our health. There was a time that I had a certain type of diarrhoeaand I was on medication
for 3 days. I survived because of my training and probably the fear of death because I was stooling not less
than 20 times a day. I was alone with nobody to take care of me. I lost my mum to a certain disease some
years ago. She was sick for 3 days before she died. My parents slept in different rooms so nobody picked on
the symptoms she was exhibiting especially my dad who was also a doctor. I have given 2 examples of both
single and married with both showing us that loneliness can have an effect on our overall health. A new study
shows that middle-aged women who had never married had an increased risk of heart diseaseand breathing
problems, but to a lesser extent than unmarried men. In a study that was conducted in the united kingdom,
they looked at more than 10,000 people born in England, Scotland, and Wales in the spring of 1958. Their
relationship statuses were checked when they were 23, 33, 42, and 46. Nurses visited them at home to do
health checks when they were between 44 and 46. Read: Home Remedies For Your Stretch Marks The
researchers found that: *.About two-thirds of male and female participants married in their 20s and early 30s,
and remained married into their mid 40s. *.More than 8% of men and 6% of women married in their 20s or
early 30s, then later divorced, then remarried or lived together. *.More than 11% of men and 12% of women
had never married or lived together. *.Middle-aged men and women who’ve been through a separation,
divorce, and remarriage are just as healthy as couples in stable relationships. *.People who’ve divorced and
remarried were no more likely than those who stayed married to have heart or breathing problems early in
middle age. *.Couples who married in their 20s and early 30s, and stayed married, were in almost the same
health as unmarried couples living together. Men and women who had neither married nor lived with a partner
had the worst health in middle age, with a higher risk of heart and breathing problems. The study was done by
the University College London Institute of Education, London School of Economics, and London School of
Hygiene and Tropical Medicine. Starting Another Relationship Helps “For those people who experience....continue reading using this link
http://healthslog..com/2015/06/can-being-single-hurt-your-health-watch.html
Re: Can Being Single Hurt Your Health? Watch Out! by Nobody: 1:31pm On Jul 09, 2015
Strange but true

(1) (Reply)

Send Flowers To Agra / Why Weight Loss Programs Might Be Good / Black Label No Bodybuilding Supplement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.