Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,177 members, 7,880,671 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 12:57 AM

Labour Faults Moves To Cede Unity Schools To States - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Labour Faults Moves To Cede Unity Schools To States (8628 Views)

Senate Moves To Scrap Post-UTME / 'Bauchi Girls Quit Schools To Raise Funds For Their Wedding’ - Maryam Begel / Application For Admission Into Federal Government Unity Schools 2016 Is Ongoing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Labour Faults Moves To Cede Unity Schools To States by pinpinkay: 1:08am On Jul 10, 2015
#teamFGCodogbolu... i disapprove d move by d fg , shud d fg take diz move ... i will ..........
Re: Labour Faults Moves To Cede Unity Schools To States by haitto99(m): 1:24am On Jul 10, 2015
make dem no try o....I always brag with d fact dat I attended a federal govt college
Re: Labour Faults Moves To Cede Unity Schools To States by kodlins(f): 1:51am On Jul 10, 2015
I think all of us that are old boys and girls should fight it just as Unilag alumni did

#prounitate

#FGGCOwerri
Re: Labour Faults Moves To Cede Unity Schools To States by otokx(m): 2:08am On Jul 10, 2015
Bad idea, most states will not be able to run it effectively.
Re: Labour Faults Moves To Cede Unity Schools To States by Nobody: 3:45am On Jul 10, 2015
I reject ds proposal,being a product of FGC..
Re: Labour Faults Moves To Cede Unity Schools To States by konkonbilo(m): 4:08am On Jul 10, 2015
I rep FGC IJANIKIN.
Re: Labour Faults Moves To Cede Unity Schools To States by Simplymeah: 4:15am On Jul 10, 2015
May dat plan neva c d lyt of d day! AMEN! #team FEGGO- FGGC Oyo
Re: Labour Faults Moves To Cede Unity Schools To States by anyaekekehinde(m): 4:17am On Jul 10, 2015
I reject this move, to me Federal Unity schools are the melting point of people from different background(Hausa,Igbo,Yoruba, rich, poor, middle class) and the experienced gained in this school is just balanced.

Pro Unitate

I rep FGC IDOANI
Re: Labour Faults Moves To Cede Unity Schools To States by JayB11(m): 4:18am On Jul 10, 2015
tpiander:
By unity schools, do you mean federal govt colleges?
Yeahhh!!!
Re: Labour Faults Moves To Cede Unity Schools To States by nochio(m): 4:51am On Jul 10, 2015
Wrong move
Re: Labour Faults Moves To Cede Unity Schools To States by Caseless: 4:56am On Jul 10, 2015
tpiander:
By unity schools, do you mean federal govt colleges?

SMS!
Re: Labour Faults Moves To Cede Unity Schools To States by Nobody: 5:18am On Jul 10, 2015
Re: Labour Faults Moves To Cede Unity Schools To States by Kayswat(m): 5:34am On Jul 10, 2015
Mr president have to be very careful of all this selfish minded fellows, how on earth can a reasonable person say such
An adage says "before you can collect clothes from someone you firstly look at the one they have on them" the states schools is nothing to write home about
Re: Labour Faults Moves To Cede Unity Schools To States by OrlandoOwoh(m): 6:20am On Jul 10, 2015
Jaydee009:
grin

I can imagine the northern schools handed over to abokis. They will so simply run it aground.

They will also be the ones to open the gates when Boko Haram comes visiting. E.g. Chibok

Say what you know. Barewa College, for example, has been run successfully in different parts of the north. It produced heads of state/presidents like Abubakar Tafawa-Balewa, Yakubu Gowon, Murtala Muhammed and Umaru Yar'Adua. Nasir el-Rufai is also a product.

1 Like

Re: Labour Faults Moves To Cede Unity Schools To States by OrlandoOwoh(m): 6:25am On Jul 10, 2015
otokx:
Bad idea, most states will not be able to run it effectively.
That exactly is my fear. I can vouch for Lagos State when it comes to running Queens College, Kings College, FGC Ijanikin, etc. But for other states, I reserve my comment.
Re: Labour Faults Moves To Cede Unity Schools To States by gaussy(m): 6:33am On Jul 10, 2015
Dahprech:
@gaussy yes proudly Pro Unitate am also a product of FGC and i dnt want it to be run by state dey wil jst run dem down and increase d skl fee with poor facilities. Up FGCL.
Exactly my point.
Read your diary, following. Follow back to keep tabs.
Re: Labour Faults Moves To Cede Unity Schools To States by biodunid: 6:41am On Jul 10, 2015
I asked PMB to hand over the unity schools to states here with good reasons but I don't see how that makes me a hired gun: https://www.nairaland.com/2293906/memos-gmb-no-3-education
Re: Labour Faults Moves To Cede Unity Schools To States by Nobody: 7:11am On Jul 10, 2015
1) Cede unity schools to states.
2) Starve states of federal allocation.
3) Western education becomes more "haram".
4) Create more dull@rds in the process.

1 Like

Re: Labour Faults Moves To Cede Unity Schools To States by Onyiibazz: 7:42am On Jul 10, 2015
I rep FGC Okposi, one of the first three estblished. Fg should not even consider this move at all. Otherwise the state governments will just turn the schools to mere playgrounds

1 Like

Re: Labour Faults Moves To Cede Unity Schools To States by winodey(m): 8:10am On Jul 10, 2015
Meet Another Boobilicious Nollywood Actress (Photos)

CHAI!1!!! Man is Stabbed to Death During a Robbery
Re: Labour Faults Moves To Cede Unity Schools To States by natedalo: 8:17am On Jul 10, 2015
twoondei:
We can only begin to get serious about this issue when private investors take them over.
The work ethics of government establishments doesn't produce best results in Nigeria.
State governments are even more irresponsible.
Let these schools be run by private organisations. Let the management of corona or BIS take over kings college... These onesy have results to show.
I attended a unity school, FGC Warri to be precise. The quality of education i obtained was equivalent to people that attended private schools in lagos where they pay more than 100,000 naira as school fees yet i didn't pay more than 5000 naira as school fees.
The point i am making is that unity schools provide good quality education at an affordable price and privatising them would cause the cost of good quality education to increase which is not good for ordinary nigerians.

1 Like

Re: Labour Faults Moves To Cede Unity Schools To States by MicroBox: 8:29am On Jul 10, 2015
Federal government should not even start this debate.. it's a big no no for me, all FGC still maintain some good standard till date
Re: Labour Faults Moves To Cede Unity Schools To States by Nobody: 8:43am On Jul 10, 2015
D only business fg shd av with education is standardization and regulation nt running affairs of schs,if nt we've lost..or neva had focus as a country...why is der local govt councils?2much power/responsibility shifted 2d centre and none close 2d ple...
Re: Labour Faults Moves To Cede Unity Schools To States by Nobody: 8:46am On Jul 10, 2015
The schools should be privatized afterall both fed and state govts arent serious about the schools as their wards school in the UK and US.
Re: Labour Faults Moves To Cede Unity Schools To States by shankies215(f): 9:54am On Jul 10, 2015
Harzan:

Seconded!
#TeamFGCIlorin
thirded! #TeamFGGC Oyo
Re: Labour Faults Moves To Cede Unity Schools To States by shankies215(f): 9:55am On Jul 10, 2015
Harzan:

Seconded!
#TeamFGCIlorin
thirded! #TeamFGGC Oyo
Re: Labour Faults Moves To Cede Unity Schools To States by trailblaiza(m): 12:23pm On Jul 10, 2015
wink

1 Like

Re: Labour Faults Moves To Cede Unity Schools To States by Dahprech(f): 4:25pm On Jul 10, 2015
I rily enjyd my stay at fgc it gave me stories to tell.If d state kint manage deir own state skl,then how wil dey manage d FGCs,its nt possible dey should beta stay deir own side and Its so nice to c u rep ur skl here #team FGCIJANIKINLAGOS#

(1) (2) (Reply)

JAMB Reveals How Hackers Try To Leak UTME Questions / International Scholarships for Masters Degree / Unilag's Catchment Result List

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.