Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,846 members, 7,889,833 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 09:59 PM

The Ten Most Beautiful Equations On Earth. - Science/Technology (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / The Ten Most Beautiful Equations On Earth. (9228 Views)

21 Overwhelming Images Showing The Effects Of Humans On Earth / Ten of the greatest threats that could wipe out all life on Earth / Extreme Weather Conditions: 19 Coldest And Hottest Inhabited Places On Earth. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Ten Most Beautiful Equations On Earth. by johnydon22(m): 12:44pm On Jul 10, 2015
Slimzjoe:

I just had the Felling you where going to give this Reply cheesy

Anyway... 1+1 is Not Really the Prob.....its the Differentiation,Angles and Statistics that Makes me angry! angry
Without maths pharmacy is a joke and how then will a doctor prescribe medicines when there is no pharmaceutical drugs?

Every field of science has a mathematical representation.
Re: The Ten Most Beautiful Equations On Earth. by Slimzjoe(m): 12:50pm On Jul 10, 2015
johnydon22:
Without maths pharmacy is a joke and how then will a doctor prescribe medicines when there is no pharmaceutical drugs?

Every field of science has a mathematical representation.

My head is not straight now grin

Not every field of Science Require Maths.... Remember Maths is Different from Basic Calculations.
Re: The Ten Most Beautiful Equations On Earth. by RobinHez(m): 12:58pm On Jul 10, 2015
Slimzjoe:

I just had the Feeling you where going to give this Reply cheesy

Anyway... 1+1 is Not Really the Prob.....its the Differentiation,Angles and Statistics that Makes me angry! angry
One of the importance of Maths dat I like (and also computer science) is dat it 'sharpens ur brain'(I make my own phrases tongue) the more u learn it the more u discover u become better at solving real life problems...it opens up dat discrete part of the brain that allows an individual see a problem and instead of panicking, seek to find the solution.

Heard a story of John Venn who used Venn diagrams to solve peeps problems.

1 Like

Re: The Ten Most Beautiful Equations On Earth. by johnydon22(m): 1:02pm On Jul 10, 2015
Slimzjoe:

My head is not straight now grin

Not every field of Science Require Maths.... Remember Maths is Different from Basic Calculations.
I think this is where your misconception lies because basic calculations are in fact mathematics. .

even measuring something with our fingers which we all did as kids, as basic as that is. it is mathematics
Re: The Ten Most Beautiful Equations On Earth. by Nobody: 2:49pm On Jul 10, 2015
RobinHez:

*pats him on the head*
one day u'd reach my status wink
grin grin grin
Lalasticlala is nowhere to be found.
Re: The Ten Most Beautiful Equations On Earth. by Nobody: 2:54pm On Jul 10, 2015
Queed:
Nice equations, check my profile pix for more grin
nah wah oh. grin grin
Re: The Ten Most Beautiful Equations On Earth. by johnydon22(m): 2:54pm On Jul 10, 2015
Teempakguy:
grin grin grin
Lalasticlala is nowhere to be found.
what do you expect, its not about Buhari or girl who married a picture
Re: The Ten Most Beautiful Equations On Earth. by Nobody: 2:56pm On Jul 10, 2015
johnydon22:
0.99999999999999999 into infinitum = 1 kills the infinite in infinite because it shows that forever/eternal still are encompassed under an infinite figure. . . A thought provoking beautiful mathematics that many will find hard to believe wink
religious bigots will reject the truth of this when they find out its true consequence.
If God is infinitely powerful, then his limit is finite. shocked shocked sad
Maybe that is why this isn't on front page yet. cheesy
Re: The Ten Most Beautiful Equations On Earth. by RobinHez(m): 2:58pm On Jul 10, 2015
Teempakguy:
grin grin grin
Lalasticl.ala is nowhere to be found.
Don't mind him...after sacrificing my sleep to work on those Robbery cases, all I got was NoTHinG!!
Re: The Ten Most Beautiful Equations On Earth. by Nobody: 2:58pm On Jul 10, 2015
johnydon22:
what do you expect, its not about Buhari or girl who married a picture
abi nah. But people would love it though. The embarassed
beauty of maths is universal. cool
Re: The Ten Most Beautiful Equations On Earth. by Nobody: 3:00pm On Jul 10, 2015
RobinHez:

Don't mind him...after sacrificing my sleep to work on those Robbery cases, all I got was NoTHinG!!
grin grin
Honestly, that was an epic thread. Should have made front-page. Nevermind though. We just have to keep trying for this section. cool
Re: The Ten Most Beautiful Equations On Earth. by herald9: 3:23pm On Jul 10, 2015
Math is really beautiful when you understand it. I used to fear calculus till I started solving it. Now my next fear is statistics.
sad
Re: The Ten Most Beautiful Equations On Earth. by johnydon22(m): 3:46pm On Jul 10, 2015
Teempakguy:
religious bigots will reject the truth of this when they find out its true consequence.
If God is infinitely powerful, then his limit is finite. shocked shocked sad
Maybe that is why this isn't on front page yet. cheesy
Hahahahahahahaha be careful because they may label you an atheist . . tongue
Re: The Ten Most Beautiful Equations On Earth. by Nobody: 4:24pm On Jul 10, 2015
johnydon22:
Hahahahahahahaha be careful because they may label you an atheist . . tongue
grin grin lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: The Ten Most Beautiful Equations On Earth. by dejt4u(m): 4:26pm On Jul 10, 2015
Re: The Ten Most Beautiful Equations On Earth. by johnydon22(m): 4:35pm On Jul 10, 2015
Re: The Ten Most Beautiful Equations On Earth. by dejt4u(m): 4:44pm On Jul 10, 2015
johnydon22:
We will be right there bro. .
thanks.. Are you a medical physicist?
Re: The Ten Most Beautiful Equations On Earth. by bosco9: 7:38pm On Jul 10, 2015
Op I still stand my ground to say there is nothing like "almighty formula" rather it is "quadratic formular"

1 Like

Re: The Ten Most Beautiful Equations On Earth. by XploraBen(m): 9:47pm On Jul 10, 2015
@Teempakguy I'm here to reply my mention...pardon me for coming on board late.

Mathematics is beautiful and wonderful to the core.It's just a subject that enhances ones cognitive capability.It stimulate the brain to think faster,while one works out the answer.

Though I had a tussle with mathematics back then at high school...but now I have an affinity for it.Once again,it's just a subject for the development of cognitive quotient,especially through constant studying.

Those who are innumerate tend to think of it as one hell of a subject replete with abstruseness! But those who love it understand its concepts,theorems,laws etc.

From simultaneous equation to trigonometry to matrix to calculus...maths is fun!

Thank you...grin
Re: The Ten Most Beautiful Equations On Earth. by Nobody: 9:52pm On Jul 10, 2015
XploraBen:
@Teempakguy I'm here to reply my mention...pardon me for coming on board late.

Mathematics is beautiful and wonderful to the core.It's just a subject that enhances ones cognitive capability.It stimulate the brain to think faster,while one works out the answer.

Though I had a tussle with mathematics back then at high school...but now I have an affinity for it.Once again,it's just a subject for the development of cognitive quotient,especially through constant studying.

Those who are innumerate tend to think of it as one hell of a subject replete with abstruseness! But those who love it understand its concepts,theorems,laws etc.

From simultaneous equation to trigonometry to matrix to calculus...maths is fun!

Thank you...grin
I think the reason why most people hate mathematics is because of the method in which it is introduced to children. I still remember the pain general mathematics gave me. Solving a simple problem, and giving an hellish problem to the students. I felt convinced that mathematics was solely created to torture me.

Eventually though, I came to realize the beauty of it . . . and soon, I could not have enough of it.

Maths is fun. smiley
Re: The Ten Most Beautiful Equations On Earth. by dejt4u(m): 5:12am On Jul 11, 2015
bosco9:
Op I still stand my ground to say there is nothing like "almighty formula" rather it is "quadratic formula"
you are very correct..
Re: The Ten Most Beautiful Equations On Earth. by Nobody: 5:23am On Jul 11, 2015
bosco9:
Op I still stand my ground to say there is nothing like "almighty formula" rather it is "quadratic formular"
which is why I said I don't know why they named it that. But still, one cannot deny its power. smiley
Re: The Ten Most Beautiful Equations On Earth. by XploraBen(m): 7:41am On Jul 11, 2015
Teempakguy:
I think the reason why most people hate mathematics is because of the method in which it is introduced to children. I still remember the pain general mathematics gave me. Solving a simple problem, and giving an hellish problem to the students. I felt convinced that mathematics was solely created to torture me.

Eventually though, I came to realize the beauty of it . . . and soon, I could not have enough of it.

Maths is fun. smiley
You've stated the truth in your first paragraph.The method--either simplified or complicated--in which maths is taught to children goes a long way to determine their predilection for the subject.And again this boils down to the teacher.He/she must have a good sense of explanation because the subject is solely based on thorough explanation.Lack of explanation has made many people hate the subject till today--just like how their schooling days has being.
Re: The Ten Most Beautiful Equations On Earth. by bosco9: 9:02am On Jul 11, 2015
Teempakguy:
which is why I said I don't know why they named it that. But still, one cannot deny its power. smiley
Who named it so Guess it was named in Naija grin
Re: The Ten Most Beautiful Equations On Earth. by Dekatron(m): 1:37pm On Jul 11, 2015
@ Teempakguy, good one there.

I love calculus especially. That feeling you have when you destroy partial differential equations or EULER TRANSFORMATIONS is sooo good. U feel happy. Pity i dnt know math. I pray i dnt carry it over!!
Re: The Ten Most Beautiful Equations On Earth. by Nobody: 4:18pm On Jul 11, 2015
Dekatron:
@ Teempakguy, good one there.

I love calculus especially. That feeling you have when you destroy partial differential equations or EULER TRANSFORMATIONS is sooo good. U feel happy. Pity i dnt know math. I pray i dnt carry it over!!
thanks. smiley
Re: The Ten Most Beautiful Equations On Earth. by Nobody: 9:49pm On Jul 11, 2015
U just have to fall in-love with Mathematics if you're studying or wish to study what I'm studying (Economics and Statistics)..

Maths is the best thing on earth
Re: The Ten Most Beautiful Equations On Earth. by Blakjewelry(m): 12:17am On Jul 12, 2015
@teem I like the way you write. I have noticed the way simplify scientific topic into something everyone can understand and enjoy. Back to the topic, for me I think the E=mc^2 is not only amazing but the greatest
Re: The Ten Most Beautiful Equations On Earth. by dejt4u(m): 7:28am On Jul 12, 2015
Blakjewelry:
@teem I like the way you write. I have noticed the way simplify scientific topic into something everyone can understand and enjoy. Back to the topic, for me I think the E=mc^2 is not only amazing but the greatest
you are right.. That equation is the origin of Modern Day Science.. God bless Einstein.. He is indeed the man of the century
Re: The Ten Most Beautiful Equations On Earth. by Nobody: 8:25am On Jul 12, 2015
Blakjewelry:
thanks man. cheesy
With this encouragement, expect more topics from me in the future. smiley
Re: The Ten Most Beautiful Equations On Earth. by Nobody: 10:38pm On Jul 12, 2015
HungerBAD:
Aside the 1+1=2 every other thing is Greek to me.
Go school you say NO... see
Re: The Ten Most Beautiful Equations On Earth. by Nobody: 10:40pm On Jul 12, 2015
Wow. This is gorgeous... the second one is my favourite from the Great Jewish scientist himself... Formulas/equations are always fascinating to me... It's like having sex with the gods....

cc Teempakguy Good one Mate..

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

www.Whatsapp.com Download Whatsap Messenger / Airtel-ng 4GB And 9GB Data Plan For Android At Cheap Prices / Pic: Full Picture Of A Dissected Human Corpse (viewers Discretion)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.