Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,254 members, 7,880,941 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 09:39 AM

BREAKING! Buhari, Osinbajo Slash Their Salary By 50% - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BREAKING! Buhari, Osinbajo Slash Their Salary By 50% (454 Views)

Photo Of President Buhari & Osinbajo Smiling Before His Departure To London / More Photos Of Buhari,Osinbajo And Saraki At Independence Day Celebration 2day / Buhari, Osinbajo Slash Salary By 50% (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

BREAKING! Buhari, Osinbajo Slash Their Salary By 50% by whizpet: 10:06pm On Jul 10, 2015
President Muhammadu Buhari and his Vice, Yemi Osinbajo have announced to only take 50% of their approved salary by the Revenue Mobilisation Allocation and Fiscal Commission (RMAFC). The decision of the president and vice president was contained in a statement made available by the Senior Special Assistant to the President on Media and Publicity, Mallam Garba Shehu. According to The Punch, Buhari’s current annual remuneration as approved by RMAFC is N14,058,820.00.
But now he will earn N7m per year throughout his four-year tenure. Shehu said the president’s decision to slash his salary by half had been sent to the Office of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation today by the Permanent Secretary of the State House, Mr. Nebolisa Emodi. “I write to forward the completed IPPIS registration form of Mr. President and to draw your kind attention to Mr. President’s directive that only 50% of his salary be paid to him,” the presidential spokesman quoted Emodi as writing in the letter with reference number PRES/81/SGF/17.” According to Shehu, Osinbajo has similarly given up half of his official pay. However he did not disclose the reason behind the decision.
In a telephone interview with The Punch, Shehu said Buhari, by his action, was sending a clear message to Nigerians on the need to make sacrifices for the nation. In a related development, President Buhari on Wednesday turned down an offer by the Federal Government to procure five new armoured Mercedes Benz S-600 (V222) car s for his use.
www.naij.com/485633-buhari-osinbajo-slash-their-salary-by-50.html
Re: BREAKING! Buhari, Osinbajo Slash Their Salary By 50% by Uchan4u(m): 10:11pm On Jul 10, 2015
Nice move, but I wish to see more commitment in the fight against insurgency and unemployment
Re: BREAKING! Buhari, Osinbajo Slash Their Salary By 50% by Ayofresh4u(m): 10:13pm On Jul 10, 2015
Hmm
Re: BREAKING! Buhari, Osinbajo Slash Their Salary By 50% by calista1234(f): 10:25pm On Jul 10, 2015
Wow I love that. That is if it is true
Re: BREAKING! Buhari, Osinbajo Slash Their Salary By 50% by shamsuRana(m): 10:28pm On Jul 10, 2015
calista1234:
Wow I love that. That is if it is true

Ditto
Re: BREAKING! Buhari, Osinbajo Slash Their Salary By 50% by davidayn(m): 10:31pm On Jul 10, 2015
That's a president who has the interest of a nation at mind ,nt a zoologist who turned d nation to a zoo

Buhari my hero .
Re: BREAKING! Buhari, Osinbajo Slash Their Salary By 50% by billtommy(m): 10:37pm On Jul 10, 2015
10 likes for president M. Buhari

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Did Sambo Dasuki Resign last week? / Nigeria Must “kill” NNPC – El-rufai / $22 Million UNBELIVABLE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.