Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,205 members, 7,880,759 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 06:08 AM

Boko Haram Releases First Beheading Video... - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram Releases First Beheading Video... (61401 Views)

Boko Haram Releases Photos Of Attack On Soldiers & Equipment Seized From Them / ''Boko Haram Releases Pictures Of Its Rocket Factory'' - Terror Monitor Says / Boko Haram Releases New Video, Shows Off Weapons & Beheading (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Re: Boko Haram Releases First Beheading Video... by PStacks(m): 8:04pm On Jul 12, 2015
natedalo:
First read up on the nigerian army before you begin to shower them with praises.

Prior to this boko haram insurgency, there was a lot of decay in the nigerian army. Modern equipment was not being purchased to the extent that the army was reliant on the t-55 mbt which is a tank designed in the 1950s. Equipments that are critical for a modern army include tanks and artillery and what nigeria possessed prior to this boko haram insurgency were either too few or obsolete e.g t-55, vickers mk. III, palmyra.

The most recent equipment the nigeria army had purchased before boko haram included the otokar cobra and the scorpion light tank. These two vehicles are lightly armoured and cannot even withstand .50 caliber machine gun rounds which are common with boko haram. I believe you can now see that the nigerian army is only effective against ak-47 wielding miscreants and not diehard machine gun wielding terrorists. The army is great only in name but not in action( hopefully that should change).

Even currently the army is still very underpowered. The modern equipments purchased are quite few though it is actually these few equipments that turned the tide against boko haram prior to the elections. If you think i'm lying just compare the nigerian army with her contemporaries in africa like the algerian army, the egyptian army, even the former libyan army. You would see that all those awards were just flattery.

NB: When i say luck, i mean it is not impossible but is highly improbable

Well, true to you, I tend to get where you are coming from, but the nigerian problem is constant K. Corruption has eaten deep and across every sphere of our National life anÐ the army isn't spared from it. Particularly under the GEJ administration, corruption was glorified to another level, with "Stealing is not Corruption" from a sitting C in C.

Hopefully like you rightly said, things would #Change Under #BabaBuhari
Re: Boko Haram Releases First Beheading Video... by sexytyga(m): 8:23am On Mar 30, 2016
Blackchampion:
Dumb As$
wish I can see dat ur ugly face idiot

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Buhari And Uzodinma Walk With Swag On A Sit-At-Home Day In Owerri (Photo) / Aminu Adamu Mocked The Death Of Deborah Samuel Before Aisha Buhari Tweet / "Hope Obi supporters Believe Now That Lagos Belongs To The Yorubas" - MC Oluomo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.