Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,156 members, 7,949,969 topics. Date: Monday, 16 September 2024 at 03:25 AM

Ariyike Akinbobola Repairs Bad Street In Lekki Using Her Own Money (Photos) - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Ariyike Akinbobola Repairs Bad Street In Lekki Using Her Own Money (Photos) (46760 Views)

Toolz Calls Out NG Classic Store Using Her Beads For Advert / Twitter Poll On How E-Money Makes His Money (Photos) / Kate Henshaw Warns Akpororo To Stop Using Her For Publicity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ariyike Akinbobola Repairs Bad Street In Lekki Using Her Own Money (Photos) by sonofspada(m): 12:57pm On Jul 11, 2015
Don't worry, very soon Ambode will settle her, courageous publicity stunt
Re: Ariyike Akinbobola Repairs Bad Street In Lekki Using Her Own Money (Photos) by Lebee4(m): 1:01pm On Jul 11, 2015
Anazp:
In Nigeria if you ever try fixing government roads the local council could fine you a huge amount. a lot of organisations are presently in soup over this type of matter. it is trespass for you when you no government official to repair government road.

I use to subscribe to this your point before but I disagree totally with it now after I understand how things work.
my guy, the so called govt official uses govt. vehicles but you will pay the mechanic with your own cash if yawa gas ya car.
Re: Ariyike Akinbobola Repairs Bad Street In Lekki Using Her Own Money (Photos) by Deexxy: 1:04pm On Jul 11, 2015
christinie:
must you type?
Yes..as long as it's you. angry

I'm allergic to fair pretty girls. undecided
Re: Ariyike Akinbobola Repairs Bad Street In Lekki Using Her Own Money (Photos) by austinoeze(m): 1:16pm On Jul 11, 2015
Mckennedy:

Road to her house abi?
Oga if everybody repair d road to their house, u think say bad road go de 4 dis country again?
Re: Ariyike Akinbobola Repairs Bad Street In Lekki Using Her Own Money (Photos) by UyiIredia(m): 1:17pm On Jul 11, 2015
There's nothing new or special about what she has done. In fact some people have done better than that. For example, in my street we contributed money to get red stand to level the street, and for years we've been putting broken blocks on it.

1 Like

Re: Ariyike Akinbobola Repairs Bad Street In Lekki Using Her Own Money (Photos) by Godmother(f): 1:17pm On Jul 11, 2015
Thank God for people like her; people that are pro-active and don't wait for the govt before doing things. But she tried o, she must have spent a fortune on the repairs
Re: Ariyike Akinbobola Repairs Bad Street In Lekki Using Her Own Money (Photos) by islandmoon: 1:51pm On Jul 11, 2015
h
Re: Ariyike Akinbobola Repairs Bad Street In Lekki Using Her Own Money (Photos) by ZianaJordana(f): 2:03pm On Jul 11, 2015
tsdarkside:

what we dont know is..civilians in europe build a lot of things with their own money...we nigerians rely too much on the goverment for everything,wait,one day the goverment will help us clean our yansh too....
We don't fix roads over here in the UK. That's the responsibility of the council/government to ensure that roads are safe and usable. A road like that, even after the lady repaired it, would be classed as unacceptable here.

2 Likes

Re: Ariyike Akinbobola Repairs Bad Street In Lekki Using Her Own Money (Photos) by ZianaJordana(f): 2:08pm On Jul 11, 2015
UyiIredia:
There's nothing new or special about what she has done. In fact some people have done better than that. For example, in my street we contributed money to get red stand to level the street, and for years we've been putting broken blocks on it.
It's terrible that you had to go to such lengths to do that. Don't know why the local government/council couldn't do it for you.
That's amazing, though. You don't really hear of people coming together to do things like that in the UK.
Re: Ariyike Akinbobola Repairs Bad Street In Lekki Using Her Own Money (Photos) by ZianaJordana(f): 2:31pm On Jul 11, 2015
The fact that she had to fork out god knows who much money to pay for the road to be repaired is absolutely disgusting. It is not her responsibility, nor should I be the responsibility of any of the residents on that street. It's the responsibility of the local governments/councils to ensure that these roads are safe to use. Look at how bad the flooding was (and still is, to an extent)! A child could've easily drowned in that water! How can you expect people to walk through that everyday, especially the young and the elderly? It's probably unhygienic, too. If somebody did die or was injured due to the state of the roads, would the local governments be willing to compensate people for the injuries and fatalities caused by their incompetence?
Even after the kind lady repaired the road, it still looks unsafe to use, and there looks like there's a possibility of the road flooding again. It's time to build proper roads!
Re: Ariyike Akinbobola Repairs Bad Street In Lekki Using Her Own Money (Photos) by nasoeb: 2:45pm On Jul 11, 2015
christinie:
She's a Law Graduate of UNILAG. Greatest Akokites! Great!!
aproko who ask you? Gbasaqueen, you for kindly drop her cv here for us. Giving out one's info unsolicitedly is a bad habit. Ah watch the head oh
Re: Ariyike Akinbobola Repairs Bad Street In Lekki Using Her Own Money (Photos) by activelyA(f): 2:45pm On Jul 11, 2015
Good work though but wat we currently and urgently need Is for dis present government to intervene in this kwara- Jebba road ASAP undecided undecided
That road is tooooo baaaad!!!! angry
Re: Ariyike Akinbobola Repairs Bad Street In Lekki Using Her Own Money (Photos) by IBBG(m): 3:12pm On Jul 11, 2015
alaoeri:
Lagos is an expensive slum, those living in highbrow areas ain't having values for their money.
Exactly
Re: Ariyike Akinbobola Repairs Bad Street In Lekki Using Her Own Money (Photos) by Rexnegro(m): 3:13pm On Jul 11, 2015
Vikkie14:
WELDONE.

Haba!!! Nigerians, are we this stingy??

Just imagine all those houses you are seeing, none of those houses is worth less than 2million. Yet, none can rise-up to the occassion.
Must the government do evrything for them? When you have the resources to better your Life and that of others, why not channel it there and get God's blessing?

They build beautiful houses, yet they have road that will destroy their vehicles.

A little deeds of kindness doesn't go unnoticed.

The World is a Dangerous place not because of the people who are evil but because of people who do NOTHING about it

*******Modified*****
To those of you bashing yourself, simple english you cant comprehend.
When i said: None of those houses is worth less than 2Million, you failed to reason well with me. What i implies here is that, it wont cost one of the landlord of those houses 2million to do something on that road as NONE OF THOSE HOUSES COST LESS THAN 2MILLION. My point is that, if those houses cost less than 2million each, we would have agreed that they are "poor" and cant finance the rehabilitation of the road.

LEARN TO ASSIMILATE/REASON BEFORE CONDEMNING OR COMMENDING.
Kudos bro u have spoken well...bar man bring one crate of origin for dis my guy......for those bashing u no mind them, they feel u re talking about them hence d bashing.
Re: Ariyike Akinbobola Repairs Bad Street In Lekki Using Her Own Money (Photos) by kenoz(m): 3:33pm On Jul 11, 2015
Nice one
Re: Ariyike Akinbobola Repairs Bad Street In Lekki Using Her Own Money (Photos) by teemy(m): 3:44pm On Jul 11, 2015
What she did was raise the right side of the road with sand making it passable while the water could still stay on the left side. At least now when the torrents come cars would not die in the puddle. A final solution would be to do a general area drainage as it can be ssen from the left part of the road that there exists no gutter on that side as well on the repaired side as well. This can be successfully done by the govt or landlords' association.

Previous administrations of local govt chairmen have been seeing this area as such and left it as is. I hope if Ariyike decides to go for public office in that domain residents would vote in someone who has put her money where her mind is. More deeds by people like this and even the government would be extinct in purpose.
Re: Ariyike Akinbobola Repairs Bad Street In Lekki Using Her Own Money (Photos) by Mike008(m): 4:15pm On Jul 11, 2015
Repair indeed.
Re: Ariyike Akinbobola Repairs Bad Street In Lekki Using Her Own Money (Photos) by blazer90707: 4:16pm On Jul 11, 2015
Wen i saw this thread i taught the lady in question tarred d road ooh.nt knowin she jus filled it.d op made it sound lyk she spent millons in repairin d road
Re: Ariyike Akinbobola Repairs Bad Street In Lekki Using Her Own Money (Photos) by callonme(m): 4:52pm On Jul 11, 2015
I have such plans....but I'm still busy

Busy working on my award-winning blog.
Re: Ariyike Akinbobola Repairs Bad Street In Lekki Using Her Own Money (Photos) by opedaydydx9(m): 5:23pm On Jul 11, 2015
First thing first should b a cut a long either side, this will facilitate proper drainage....
Re: Ariyike Akinbobola Repairs Bad Street In Lekki Using Her Own Money (Photos) by damosade(m): 5:33pm On Jul 11, 2015
Yinmu
Re: Ariyike Akinbobola Repairs Bad Street In Lekki Using Her Own Money (Photos) by christinie(f): 5:52pm On Jul 11, 2015
Deexxy:

Yes..as long as it's you. angry

I'm allergic to fair pretty girls. undecided
lol
Re: Ariyike Akinbobola Repairs Bad Street In Lekki Using Her Own Money (Photos) by Nobody: 6:28pm On Jul 11, 2015
Kudos...she tried sha but if nah my area, boys go do the job and still collect cash,fixed amount from motorists,still nice one. We don't have to wait on the govt for every damn thing, u voted him but he won't accomplish all.come Abuja and u will see some hotels located
Re: Ariyike Akinbobola Repairs Bad Street In Lekki Using Her Own Money (Photos) by Nobody: 7:02pm On Jul 11, 2015
You are one in a million, i am ready to refund all your money, welldone you have tried
Re: Ariyike Akinbobola Repairs Bad Street In Lekki Using Her Own Money (Photos) by NobleG1(m): 7:21pm On Jul 11, 2015
Where's the repaired road? None of the pics showed any.
Re: Ariyike Akinbobola Repairs Bad Street In Lekki Using Her Own Money (Photos) by nunzk: 9:38pm On Jul 11, 2015
This babe funny o and d poster is hilarious. Pesin sand fill half of the access way and we call it repair? No vex o but I know individuals who have graded and introduced drainage on their street so they can go home at night. Pls take this stuff down!!!

1 Like

Re: Ariyike Akinbobola Repairs Bad Street In Lekki Using Her Own Money (Photos) by orlawaley: 11:18pm On Jul 11, 2015
AA square Change........ ariyike don change I go vote for u,ur vision 2020 u do it in a year!
Re: Ariyike Akinbobola Repairs Bad Street In Lekki Using Her Own Money (Photos) by mecussey(m): 11:28pm On Jul 11, 2015
ifyalways:
She try. Many estate residents association do and will continue to do that. Reason it's good to check surroundings before paying for or buying a house in Lekki areas.

Wait for government = frequent trips to the mechanic. One just have to be wise and cut loses.

where u from come out since 2009?
Re: Ariyike Akinbobola Repairs Bad Street In Lekki Using Her Own Money (Photos) by tpiander: 2:21am On Jul 12, 2015
A nairalander did something like this some years ago, she repaired the road to her village in the SE I think.(Imo state).

She's probably still here under another name, had the usual nl issues
Re: Ariyike Akinbobola Repairs Bad Street In Lekki Using Her Own Money (Photos) by limamintruth: 2:23am On Jul 12, 2015
londonrivals:
[img]http://2.bp..com/-658jtFWv1W4/VaDQHbkDDgI/AAAAAAAF3Ac/vanWO0Z-CoQ/s1600/1.jpg[/img]
Media personality and Vlogger Ariyike Akinbobola did something most won't do. She repaired the bad road leading to her home after waiting endlessly for government to carry out repairs.

[img]http://1.bp..com/-VjgZGxMkNgY/VaDQH4bYgzI/AAAAAAAF3Ag/L7b7p7mbksY/s1600/2.jpg[/img]She bought broken blocks and sand and poured it on the road - which is usually flooded after heavy downpour - to make it motorable. more photos below

[img]http://3.bp..com/-CW-Drqg4c9g/VaDQIjFSx0I/AAAAAAAF3As/gEa_nVuhs-k/s1600/3.jpg[/img]
[img]http://2.bp..com/-mTpOEAEbnH4/VaDQJfjUMeI/AAAAAAAF3Aw/XrXJZzWRCss/s1600/4.jpg[/img]
[img]http://1.bp..com/-XGeVVpeCMcE/VaDQJzMzHaI/AAAAAAAF3A8/tbj-W90Z9yY/s1600/5.jpg[/img]
http://www.metronaija.com/2015/07/photos-nigerian-lady-repairs-bad-street.html

Thats nice.
We dont have to always wait for the government to do things for us. cool
Re: Ariyike Akinbobola Repairs Bad Street In Lekki Using Her Own Money (Photos) by Lovechyld101(m): 6:35am On Jul 12, 2015
christinie:
She's a Law Graduate of UNILAG. Greatest Akokites! Great!!

Lol who ask you now ok we now know you went to unilag
Re: Ariyike Akinbobola Repairs Bad Street In Lekki Using Her Own Money (Photos) by otiigba1(m): 10:17am On Jul 12, 2015
REPAIRING ROADS? She appears to be standing there posing for photos undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Mercy Aigbe Is The 4th Woman To Have Kids For Lanre Gentry / Mikel Obi To Wed Sandra Okagbue / Tiwa Savage Kneels Down To Greet Madam Kofo (Photo, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.