Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,243 members, 7,887,685 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 12:20 PM

Recent EFCC Stringent Financial Bail Conditions - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Recent EFCC Stringent Financial Bail Conditions (1847 Views)

Sule Lamido Rejects Bail Condition (See The Bail Conditions) / Nnamdi Kanu's Bail Conditions: Jewish Surety, N300m, No Interviews, Crowd Of 10 / "Nnamdi Kanu’s Bail Conditions Too Stringent" – Ikedife, Amechi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Recent EFCC Stringent Financial Bail Conditions by Stakekay1(m): 4:42pm On Jul 11, 2015
Whose account is the court bail financial charges going into? With the recent huge bail charges on arrested past governors by EFCC, this could be a subtle way of generating income for the new government.

Baba I hail o. We need more of this prosecution if it will bring more money to government coffers.
Re: Recent EFCC Stringent Financial Bail Conditions by Sharksblow(m): 4:47pm On Jul 11, 2015
I wonder too
Re: Recent EFCC Stringent Financial Bail Conditions by Precious91(m): 4:55pm On Jul 11, 2015
Make dem no tell us say the money disappeared ooo
Re: Recent EFCC Stringent Financial Bail Conditions by nice101(m): 4:55pm On Jul 11, 2015
Space booked.
Re: Recent EFCC Stringent Financial Bail Conditions by Volksfuhrer(m): 5:23pm On Jul 11, 2015
The bail conditions reek of prejudice. If the accused are presumed innocent until proven guilty, why make bail conditions that stringent? More like judicial victimisation, in my opinion. Where did they expect an accused to find N350m!
Re: Recent EFCC Stringent Financial Bail Conditions by Nobody: 5:35pm On Jul 11, 2015
i thought about this some days ago and i concluded that this administration wants to raise money from corrupt politicians. either u pay or u go to jail.
Re: Recent EFCC Stringent Financial Bail Conditions by exx(m): 6:29pm On Jul 11, 2015
Can someone please explain the part that says " one surety in like sum" does it the person must be worth the amount, or simply means plus the amount, pardon my ignorance o. Lawyers in d house
Re: Recent EFCC Stringent Financial Bail Conditions by hamzakito(m): 6:43pm On Jul 11, 2015
baba is partial.. if he want to fight corruption he should start from tinubu and obasanjo....
Re: Recent EFCC Stringent Financial Bail Conditions by Stakekay1(m): 7:31pm On Jul 11, 2015
exx:
Can someone please explain the part that says " one surety in like sum" does it the person must be worth the amount, or simply means plus the amount, pardon my ignorance o. Lawyers in d house
That part of the bail condition also get me confuse. Lawyers in the house polish our knowledge in that aspect.
Re: Recent EFCC Stringent Financial Bail Conditions by Stakekay1(m): 7:36pm On Jul 11, 2015
Ohakim N270m bail for N270m fraud. If the financial bail condition is equivalent to the amount stolen that means there is a new trend in the court judgement. EFCC should go for more of them now especially now that the country is in financial crisis.
Re: Recent EFCC Stringent Financial Bail Conditions by SLIDEwaxie(m): 7:49pm On Jul 11, 2015
Volksfuhrer:
The bail conditions reek of prejudice. If the accused are presumed innocent until proven guilty, why make bail conditions that stringent? More like judicial victimisation, in my opinion. Where did they expect an accused to find N350m!
someone stole billions and u're asking where he will find a mere million.

Wetin dey do u?

1 Like

Re: Recent EFCC Stringent Financial Bail Conditions by Nobody: 8:10pm On Jul 11, 2015
Volksfuhrer:
He stole 15B man.. Wake up, this people have d money.. they would surely pay
Re: Recent EFCC Stringent Financial Bail Conditions by Nobody: 8:13pm On Jul 11, 2015
Stakekay1:
Ohakim N270m bail for N270m fraud. If the financial bail condition is equivalent to the amount stolen that means there is a new trend in the court judgement. EFCC should go for more of them now especially now that the country is in financial crisis.
Exactly..atleast charge them to court and hear on their bail application..

Akpabio should be charged and bailed for #10B

Theordeo Orji Should b bailed for #5B

Danjuma Goje #2B

Saraki #3B

Sanni Yerima #3B

etc...

1 Like

Re: Recent EFCC Stringent Financial Bail Conditions by IsraeliAIRFORCE: 8:18pm On Jul 11, 2015
There is nothing different in the recent from the previous. Below is 2008 case between EFFC and Orji Kalu

Read a court bail condition in details

Meanwhile the embattled ex-governor of Abia State has been granted bail by the Federal High court in Abuja with conditions similiar to that of ex-governor Dariye of Plateau State. Kalu was granted bail in the sum of N100 Million with a bond deposit in a bank and two sureties in the like sum. What The sureties must have evidence of their tax payment certificates from the Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS) for three consecutive years as and when due.

Besides, the former Abia State governor is to depose to a sworn affidavit stating the number of all the countries he has citizenship in and to deposit all his passports with the court. He is also to provide two traditional rulers and to deposit three recent passport photographs with the court.

In addition, Kalu was directed to report to the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) on a weekly basis and he is not to travel out of jurisdiction without the permission of the court. Justice Binta Murtala Nyako had while ruling on his bail application said the offences are bailable and that there was the possibility of his standing trial.
Re: Recent EFCC Stringent Financial Bail Conditions by skimarvel: 8:50pm On Jul 11, 2015
Charging them isn't the problem but making them pay for their crimes is!!!..In a year time..this same set of fraudsters will hold a secret political post and recover all they paid as bail....throwing veils to our faces..
Re: Recent EFCC Stringent Financial Bail Conditions by jaytee01(m): 8:53pm On Jul 11, 2015
Volksfuhrer:
sharrap dere n park well!
Who said they are not guilty? When they were busy looting, they never thought the day of reckoning will come.
Well, I got news for you......... PARADE HAS CHANGED GEAR!
Re: Recent EFCC Stringent Financial Bail Conditions by jaytee01(m): 8:55pm On Jul 11, 2015
olatunji21:

Exactly..atleast charge them to court and hear on their bail application..

Akpabio should be charged and bailed for #10B

Theordeo Orji Should b bailed for #5B

Danjuma Goje #2B

Saraki #3B

Sanni Yerima #3B

etc...
grin
Re: Recent EFCC Stringent Financial Bail Conditions by jaytee01(m): 9:00pm On Jul 11, 2015
hamzakito:
baba is partial.. if he want to fight corruption he should start from tinubu and obasanjo....
Who is not partial? And where did that person start his own fight from?
Re: Recent EFCC Stringent Financial Bail Conditions by Volksfuhrer(m): 12:27am On Jul 12, 2015
The court has not yet convicted him, therefore, he should be treated as fairly as possible. I'm not holding brief for him, in fact I've never been a fan of Lamido and co. But what I stand for is justice, fairly served. And if at the end of the day he's found guilty as charged, then he should face the full wrath of the law. Until then, he should be presumed innocent.

jaytee01:
sharrap dere n park well!
Who said they are not guilty? When they were busy looting, they never thought the day of reckoning will come.
Well, I got news for you......... PARADE HAS CHANGED GEAR!

olatunji21:

He stole 15B man.. Wake up, this people have d money.. they would surely pay

SLIDEwaxie:
someone stole billions and u're asking where he will find a mere million.
Wetin dey do u?
Re: Recent EFCC Stringent Financial Bail Conditions by Aspireahead(m): 12:33am On Jul 12, 2015
exx:
I hope you know who a surety is..then in like some means...the surety will be paying same as the accused. not that I am a lawyer though.
and please op..the bail Money is returned at the end of trials whether the accused is convicted or not, of course except the judge rules otherwise.
Re: Recent EFCC Stringent Financial Bail Conditions by UncleJudax(m): 2:35am On Jul 12, 2015
Jenams:
i thought about this some days ago and i concluded that this administration wants to raise money from corrupt politicians. either u pay or u go to jail.
That would amount to buying one's way out of jail. Now, for a seemingly anti-corruption- minded administration, that's not a good enough deterrent. Politicians would just loot more to pay more (for bail).

Terribly_Tragic!
Re: Recent EFCC Stringent Financial Bail Conditions by sunshine1974(m): 4:45am On Jul 12, 2015
I like dat.
Stakekay1:
Whose account is the court bail financial charges going into? With the recent huge bail charges on arrested past governors by EFCC, this could be a subtle way of generating income for the new government.

Baba I hail o. We need more of this prosecution if it will bring more money to government coffers.

Re: Recent EFCC Stringent Financial Bail Conditions by spenca: 5:11am On Jul 12, 2015
Volksfuhrer:

Please you know better than this.
Re: Recent EFCC Stringent Financial Bail Conditions by Stakekay1(m): 7:36am On Jul 12, 2015
Aspireahead:

I hope you know who a surety is..then in like some means...the surety will be paying same as the accused. not that I am a lawyer though.
and please op..the bail Money is returned at the end of trials whether the accused is convicted or not, of course except the judge rules otherwise.
The money is returned at the end of trial? Then, to who?
Re: Recent EFCC Stringent Financial Bail Conditions by Aspireahead(m): 7:47am On Jul 12, 2015
Stakekay1:
The money is returned at the end of trial? Then, to who?
from those the accused...it is collected so that the accused don't jump bail, if they dont the money is returned back to them.
Re: Recent EFCC Stringent Financial Bail Conditions by hamzakito(m): 12:43pm On Jul 20, 2015
jaytee01:
Who is not partial? And where did that person start his own fight from?
i thought is only pdp dat use to be partial... shai nigeria sef...

(1) (Reply)

I Hate Nigeria. / Saraki May Bow To Apc’s Position On Principal Officers / Innoson,Ibeto & The Rising Men From Nigeria's East!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.