Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,658 members, 7,951,760 topics. Date: Tuesday, 17 September 2024 at 10:43 PM

The Excuse We Give - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Excuse We Give (358 Views)

This Would Be My Excuse In Heaven To God / Kemi Olunloyo: We Should Stop Using Religion As Excuse For Character Defamation / The " My Muslim Friends Are Very Nice" Excuse (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Excuse We Give by SonofIssachar: 11:15pm On Jul 11, 2015
Author Unknown

I knelt to pray but not for long,
I had too much to do.
I had to hurry and get to work
For bills would soon be due.

So I knelt and said a hurried prayer,
And jumped up off my knees.
My Christian duty was now done
My soul could rest at ease.

All day long I had no time
To spread a word of cheer.
No time to speak of Christ to friends,
They'd laugh at me I'd fear.

No time, no time, too much to do,
That was my constant cry,
No time to give to souls in need
But at last the time to die.

I went before the Lord,
I came, I stood with downcast eyes.
For in His hands God held a book;
It was the Book of Life.

God looked into his book and said
"Your name I cannot find.
I once was going to write it down...
But never found the time."

Meditation: But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you. – Matthew 6:33

You will succeed in Jesus Name!

Daily Dew is published by Sons of Issachar Projects. To subscribe by email or read previous editions, visit www.daily-dew.com

To download the Daily Dew mobile app on your Android and iPhone devices, please click on http://daily-dew.com/android-iphone, for Blackberry app, click on http://daily-dew.com/blackberry.

Be a blessing; share this with your loved ones.

(1) (Reply)

Good Compliment / How Can We Difine Prayer? / Religion: Control System Of The World,

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.