Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,697 members, 7,969,045 topics. Date: Monday, 07 October 2024 at 05:54 PM

Is It Good For A Boss To Slap An Employee - Career (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Is It Good For A Boss To Slap An Employee (21842 Views)

The Query Letter Given To An Employee Of Toro LGA, Bauchi State / How Can I Tell My Boss To Stop Spamming My Phone? / Three Habits That Will Keep You Permanently As An Employee. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Good For A Boss To Slap An Employee by pneumaticos(m): 12:22pm On Jul 12, 2015
dayosaurus:

Go and get brighter grammar

Your grammar sucks.

At last, somebody saw the trash in the post,
her, he him ,her boss slaped her,him then he again.i tire
Re: Is It Good For A Boss To Slap An Employee by ManTiger(m): 12:22pm On Jul 12, 2015
We used to sing a song back then, it says;

Ori mii koor, Eleda mii koor o,

Ori mii koor ohun ti o da o,

Eleda mii koya!

eeh, egbe orin, eyin omo ijo mimo.

Ore re ti mu ogede ninu osho.

If you know what it means.

He ought not to be asking u what to do,
He should have done it, infact, overdo it and calls you to come and bail him.

Chai!

Na kind dudes dey say GEJ is clueless.
Re: Is It Good For A Boss To Slap An Employee by nebukadnezzari(m): 12:23pm On Jul 12, 2015
LadyBoss1:
Slapped a few myself

Yes if they dont like it they can quit smiley

Oh I'm dying to meet you here in Nigeria...
I will love to work for you too
So when you slap me for professional reasons, I will slap you on vengeance ground, you will faint on stupidity ground and I will quit your godamn job on intelligence ground. You will tell me if I'm your husband or son or playmate that you can slap anyhow you please.
Re: Is It Good For A Boss To Slap An Employee by jamst2(m): 12:25pm On Jul 12, 2015
huh! Thats why i personally hate working under a female boss *spits*
Re: Is It Good For A Boss To Slap An Employee by Nobody: 12:25pm On Jul 12, 2015
Is it acceptable for any human to slap another, regardless of provocation?

The simple answer is NO.

I would actually question the intelligence of anyone who would choose to open a thread with the title this one has.
Re: Is It Good For A Boss To Slap An Employee by jidesp(m): 12:27pm On Jul 12, 2015
Re: Is It Good For A Boss To Slap An Employee by Nobody: 12:29pm On Jul 12, 2015
Benedict44:
...remember that he explained to the boss that it was rain that made him to come late and that he was weak after the previous days work and she could nt accept his reasons. And know that the boss is a lady while he is a man.

Please what has the bolded got to do with anything? So, what if the boss is a man, the slap would be justified. Smh
Anyway, I don't support violence of any sort so tell your friend to write a formal letter of complaint to the head office so as to properly address the issue; and not let ego override common sense when dealing with his boss because she is female

1 Like

Re: Is It Good For A Boss To Slap An Employee by jidesp(m): 12:34pm On Jul 12, 2015
Benedict44:
Good evening all...
...I dont know the correct but i believe that you all can understand it ...
A friend of mine called me this evening and was telling me how her boss slaped her yesterday at work just because he came to work late and another thing is that he could nt finish the work her boss gave him the previous day and the boss invited him to her office and after a small argument , she slapped him and walked him out of her office .....
..Now he is planing to go back to her office on money and return the slap to her . His reason being that the boss is not the owner of the company that she is just the head of their department ....
....He is very angry now and he is a high tempered person . And worst is that her boss is in the same age bracket with him....
..Please what do you think i should tell him ...
....And is it good for a boss to slap a worker and if it is good , to what criteria....Thanks ...
....NOTE : Is company work ...
MATURED ADVICE NEEDED ...

I hope my advice help

It is not justifiable to slap an Employee. Lets run a case study, just because a man marries a woman doesn't mean he can violate her right by beating her. OK lets have a closer look at something more flesh and blood. If you beat your kid, you can be held accountable at law for violating his right.

No one is above the law, your boss is only higher than you in position only within the premises of the office and nowhere else and also when you signed your agreement to work with the company, I want to believe it wasn't stated that employees could be physically or abusively dealt with when wrong. if it was in the contract you signed, then your claim would be justified only to some extent apparently not much, except you have a photographic proof of your face bruised from the hot slap. lol of which I doubt you had

Now, my advice to you is not to return the slap on Monday, but inform her that you would be filing a lawsuit against her for violating your Civil right or you would report to the Police and that your claim is she abused her position as your superior at the company and she physically abused you.

oh and one more thing, if there are no witnesses at the office, you can as well kiss everything I wrote goodbye, cos your claim would be invalid in court if no one witnessed it. That would give your boss the upper hand and they could claim that you're trying to make money off her bla bla..

Also, it won't cost you much to buy the 1999 constitution of Nigeria and know your Civil Rights and duties as a citizen of Nigeria or you can just read the 1990 Nigeria Labor act to help you understand when an employer is playing wayo on you and also when you are wrong too and playing wayo on your employer. here is a link if you want http://www.nigeria-law.org/LabourAct.htm

Ubi Jus Ubi remedium - Where there is Law, there is a remedy
Re: Is It Good For A Boss To Slap An Employee by Nobody: 12:35pm On Jul 12, 2015
Him / her / his / he. I'm not sure who was slapped, or who was slapping the other. The opening post is all jumbled up.
Re: Is It Good For A Boss To Slap An Employee by bayumyguy: 12:39pm On Jul 12, 2015
The person involved shuld send a mail to headoffice by reporting the boss,very simple
Re: Is It Good For A Boss To Slap An Employee by opey112(m): 12:45pm On Jul 12, 2015
Yorùbá mothers are the best when it comes to child upbringing. Yorùbá mothers produce the best range of slaps: IGBATI, IFOTI, IGBAJU, IGBARUN, IFORUN, IFAKUN, ILADI, ABARA. These slaps will make you think you were adopted. IGBATI will make you correct your wrongs instantly! The beauty of IFOTI is, you will confess your sins on the spot. IGBARUN, IGBAJU and IFORUN will make you expose those who committed the crime with you without hesitation. ABARA and ILADI will make you pee in your new pants. Now ABARA is the worst... And apart from IGBAJU, we have an advanced one which is IGBAJU OLOYI. When you receive that one, you'll lose balance and your head will go into "auto-search" as you'll be looking for what hit you. This will make you do all the actions of the other slaps aforementioned at once! OH! IGBAJU OLOYI... it can reset someone to 3D (DEAF, DUMB, and DAFT). She will say let's go home and U will say it's in my pocket ma. Lol God bless our parents for the good upbringing. If you were brought-up in Yoruba land, regardless of how caring your mother was, you'd have encountered these slaps .... I know U're laughing unless U're not a Yoruba Have a pleasant day!!!
Re: Is It Good For A Boss To Slap An Employee by andyanders: 12:46pm On Jul 12, 2015
A friend of mine called me this evening and was telling me [b]how her boss slaped her [/b]yesterday at work just [b]because he came to work late [/b]and another thing is that he could nt finish the work her boss gave him the previous day and the boss invited him to her office and after a small argument , she slapped him and walked him out of her office

Though op, your post herein is somehow as he/she or whatever I do not know but,
The guy is stuuuuuuuuuuuuuuupid.At same point, I would have replied her 10x in order to send the right signal to her person.Nonsense.
Re: Is It Good For A Boss To Slap An Employee by lwise(m): 12:51pm On Jul 12, 2015
If you slap anybody even a cleaner in my coy,you're a gonna.
Re: Is It Good For A Boss To Slap An Employee by jidesp(m): 12:55pm On Jul 12, 2015
LadyBoss1:
Slapped a few myself

I am sorry to say, but it is important to know that there laws guiding labor in Nigeria. You have openly admitted to the crime on here and could be admissible in a proceedings against you and also a lawyer could decide to teach you a lesson because of your utterance here. Believe me, in as much lawyers look for big breaks, they do humanitarian works anything to land them in news and make them popular. You heard of Pro Bono cases.

Perhaps as an employer you should read the 1990 Nigeria Labor Act to help you understand how to treat your employees.

You could be held accountable for assault. It won't cost you much to just either correct them properly than making them feel inferior which the Magistrate hates too.

Play safe henceforth OK...Ciao.
Re: Is It Good For A Boss To Slap An Employee by Nobody: 12:56pm On Jul 12, 2015
jidesp:

I am sorry to say, but it is important to know that there laws guiding labor in Nigeria. You have openly admitted to the crime on here and could be admissible in a proceedings against you and also a lawyer could decide to teach you a lesson because of your utterance here. Believe me, in as much lawyers look for big breaks, they do humanitarian works anything to land them in news and make them popular. You heard of Pro Bono cases.

Perhaps as an employer you should read the 1990 Nigeria Labor Act to help you understand how to treat your employees.

You could be held accountable on so many charges. It won't cost you much to just either correct them properly than making them feel inferior which the Magistrate hates too.

Play safe henceforth OK...Ciao.
Ok sir ...
Good point
Re: Is It Good For A Boss To Slap An Employee by perryy(m): 1:00pm On Jul 12, 2015
dayosaurus:

Go and get brighter grammar

Your grammar sucks.

Good one for the grammatically challenged dude.
Re: Is It Good For A Boss To Slap An Employee by Fxwarrior: 1:02pm On Jul 12, 2015
sirxbit:
i rili dnt undastand.dis moment the poster wil say he,b4 u knw hes saying her

I understand op is the receiver of the slap which actually reset his brain to factory setting.
There's need to re-install the necessary apps to get his brain functional again. cheesy
Re: Is It Good For A Boss To Slap An Employee by klax(m): 1:05pm On Jul 12, 2015
HELL NOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Re: Is It Good For A Boss To Slap An Employee by jidesp(m): 1:05pm On Jul 12, 2015
LadyBoss1:

Ok sir ...
Good point

You're welcome LadyBoss, I'm no Sir, I'm just a young boy who likes your face. :d...Kidding have a lovely weekend
Re: Is It Good For A Boss To Slap An Employee by Nobody: 1:07pm On Jul 12, 2015
jidesp:

You're welcome LadyBoss, I'm no Sir, I'm just a young boy who likes your face. :d...Kidding have a lovely weekend

Enjoy the rest of ur weekend takecare smiley
Re: Is It Good For A Boss To Slap An Employee by Nobody: 1:10pm On Jul 12, 2015
Bode2:
if Yakubu's kinsmen hear this now. Abeg, make una no start tribal war
lol
Re: Is It Good For A Boss To Slap An Employee by jidesp(m): 1:10pm On Jul 12, 2015
LadyBoss1:

Enjoy the rest of ur weekend takecare smiley

Oh thank you. I will. Would love to keep com going though.. you don't think I'm an halfwit for writing this right? lol
Re: Is It Good For A Boss To Slap An Employee by Jaydenphoenix: 1:16pm On Jul 12, 2015
He should do three things:
1. He should go to her office and make sure they are alone and seriously warn her. Ensure its not recorded or witnessed by someone else
2. Make an official complaint to HR.
3. Request to change unit
Re: Is It Good For A Boss To Slap An Employee by babyfaceafrica: 1:17pm On Jul 12, 2015
swagger193:
I don't knw d prob with nigerians..English is nt our language..Its a borrow language..If u sabi english wella go use ham collect moni for bank.FOOL.Translate AGBALUMO in english?
Cherry...next!!
Re: Is It Good For A Boss To Slap An Employee by Originalsly: 1:17pm On Jul 12, 2015
So your friend has a short temper..... he got slapped yesterday...is angry today... and is planning to go slap her back tomorrow. I hope he is slapped again ... and his boss spit in his face...maybe that would wake up the man in him. You yourself are willing to accept slaps....after all... you don't know if it is right.... and it is a company job ..suggesting it is a good job and good jobs are hard to find so you must accept and do whatever to protect that job...boss say I need to spend a night with your wife and you proudly deliver her to him. Boss slap you..slap him/her back twice as hard....get fired?....put Area Boys to use and report to work once a month for salary .
Re: Is It Good For A Boss To Slap An Employee by Nobody: 1:19pm On Jul 12, 2015
jidesp:

Oh thank you. I will. Would love to keep com going though.. you don't think I'm an halfwit for writing this right? lol
No
To be honest dont know what halfwit means ..
Re: Is It Good For A Boss To Slap An Employee by GideonVIBES(m): 1:27pm On Jul 12, 2015
Though i'm still a student,i cant imagine some bitch slapping me all in d name of madam.i wont return d slap but she will pay so dearly,there are many ways to go about it,but i prefere going spiritual.
Re: Is It Good For A Boss To Slap An Employee by jidesp(m): 1:27pm On Jul 12, 2015
LadyBoss1:

No
To be honest dont know what halfwit means ..
halfwit is another word for a fool..I PM'ed you.
Re: Is It Good For A Boss To Slap An Employee by omolorlarh: 1:31pm On Jul 12, 2015
londongal03:
Depends on the salary.
100k below- Slap back
500k above- turn ur left ear
lol... in d companies payin above 500k,d boss won't do dat
Re: Is It Good For A Boss To Slap An Employee by HBB1(m): 1:34pm On Jul 12, 2015
I will probably commit murder- I meant something close to it.
Re: Is It Good For A Boss To Slap An Employee by michfab: 1:42pm On Jul 12, 2015
You have no authority to slap anyone. If he is late and she feels his excuse is not genuine, then she can write him up. You slap me ( no matter how old you are) be ready to have a sunburn from my left hand
Re: Is It Good For A Boss To Slap An Employee by lasthoperesort: 1:44pm On Jul 12, 2015
LadyBoss1:
Slapped a few myself

you talk like this cos maybe u are a boss, put urself in the employee's shoes, if u were slapped how would you feel? And u are saying if they don't like it they should quit. Well, as for me I won't even give ma boss who happens to be a female too the chance to slap me, I've even scolded her before. I fit break your head if u try that shit with me sef. angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Article: The Frustration Of Life - Lordoftheweed / He Keep To His Promise And Helped My Life / Arik Air Sacks 300 Workers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.