Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,814 members, 7,872,714 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 08:32 PM

OAU To Be Shut Down Tomorrow - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / OAU To Be Shut Down Tomorrow (47828 Views)

Unilag Gate Shut Down By Students Over Infestation Of Bedbugs.*pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: OAU To Be Shut Down Tomorrow by calcal: 7:34am On Jul 13, 2015
OP, what is allowance? food allowance, toilet allowance etc. what about wages?
Re: OAU To Be Shut Down Tomorrow by Stycon(m): 8:00am On Jul 13, 2015
ayokunlei:

Hahahaha, true true you still dey . dakudaji UniUni grin

Actually, I mean still dey on topwink
Re: OAU To Be Shut Down Tomorrow by emmasege: 8:01am On Jul 13, 2015
Burger01:

When do you think that 'fullness of time' will ripe?

Senior Staff - 64*30k = M1.920k
Junior Staff - 64*15k = M0.960k

Government should pay what they agreed to be paying. We are too corrupt in this countrysad
Exactly my point. Government should pay what they owe but OAU NASU should not solely demonstrate while their colleagues in other federal unis continue working and academic calendars in those schools are undisrupted.
It is very unfair on OAU students that their school is closed down over an action that should have been nationwide. If OAU NASU feel they are being short changed, why can't they get their national body to take the necessary action, since other federal universities are equally guilty of the same offence. That's the only way they can get the FG's attention because other universities still continue running their academic calendar. Expecting the university to pay everyone such huge amounts from IGR is unrealistic except FG 'bails them out'. The last time I checked federal universities are the cheapest in naija, with lower IGR when compared with states.
OAU NASU went too far and should rather call their national body to do the needful.
Re: OAU To Be Shut Down Tomorrow by ayokunlei(m): 8:03am On Jul 13, 2015
victor247:
If you go Unilorin, na ur FAULT!
If you go OAU, na ur FAULT!

Proudly ex-lasuite!!!!!!!!
grin
victor247:
If you go Unilorin, na ur FAULT!
If you go OAU, na ur FAULT!

Proudly ex-lasuite!!!!!!!!
Yes o, na LASU head dey dia pass
Re: OAU To Be Shut Down Tomorrow by Stycon(m): 8:07am On Jul 13, 2015
emmasege:
Exactly my point. Government should pay what they owe but OAU NASU should not solely demonstrate while their colleagues in other federal unis continue working and academic calendars in those schools are undisrupted.
It is very unfair on OAU students that their school is closed down over an action that should have been nationwide. If OAU NASU feel they are being short changed, why can't they get their national body to take the necessary action, since other federal universities are equally guilty of the same offence. That's the only way they can get the FG's attention because other universities still continue running their academic calendar. Expecting the university to pay everyone such huge amounts from IGR is unrealistic except FG 'bails them out'. The last time I checked federal universities are the cheapest in naija, with lower IGR when compared with states.
OAU NASU went too far and should rather call their national body to do the needful.
Re: OAU To Be Shut Down Tomorrow by ayokunlei(m): 8:08am On Jul 13, 2015
kilode100:

Private Uni is the way forward!
I just feel sorry for poor peeps who can't afford it.
Kilode100. Haba, BBF na federal school nao. BBF no dey go on strike, no joke , na confirm, make dem port come taste the uniqueness that has been of great benefit to us here
Re: OAU To Be Shut Down Tomorrow by ayokunlei(m): 8:15am On Jul 13, 2015
crowther15:
Only if every other university can be like unilorin, that private university
grin
crowther15:
Only if every other university can be like unilorin, that private university

Crowther, the great Economist abeg tell them o o ... Dey just no wan gree ni...

2 Likes

Re: OAU To Be Shut Down Tomorrow by Comfort01(f): 8:23am On Jul 13, 2015
Is it true that OAU will be shutdown today because I was planning to travel tomorrow to collect my certificate.

Pls I need ur confirmation.
Re: OAU To Be Shut Down Tomorrow by Burger01(m): 8:34am On Jul 13, 2015
calcal:
OP, what is allowance? food allowance, toilet allowance etc. what about wages?
I heard it's the hazard allowance. Just chicken change and the authorities are owning them 64 months! Smhsad
Re: OAU To Be Shut Down Tomorrow by verse001: 8:37am On Jul 13, 2015
Try and make use of that ur dormant brain,64 months is 5yrs 4months.How many days has buhari spent in office?His predecessor shld be blamed
Re: OAU To Be Shut Down Tomorrow by Luukasz(m): 8:38am On Jul 13, 2015
RepEnugu:
buhari caused this.......the daura snail is an epitome of cluelessness........see what you have turned our oau into...
DINDINRIN LE LEYI OO!! AN WIRI IWO WIRU..What business does the Federal Government have with NASU OAU,You are a University Student but yet you are talking like a Nuisance,a Dunce such is life.
Re: OAU To Be Shut Down Tomorrow by Liebnitz(m): 8:39am On Jul 13, 2015
Bootybuttchic:
gosh.....dis school tho......always one iah or the other.....they shld balance the workers nahunnn......sometimes i wonder if calling this the best school in nigeria is just overhyping it i swear....my cousin spent 11years studying medicine....dats y i dont blame him when they say hes stingy...... smh
well, the popularity, prominence and greatness of OAU is by no means a mistake. Honestly , when it comes to Academics, Politics, culture and religion she is quite second to none(ask ur cousine).Hence, there is no gain saying the shool will continue to remain amongst the best if not the best.
Be that as it may...the major problem here is just the frequent strike action...which could have been averted....
Although the management i know is not willing to pay any dime.
Re: OAU To Be Shut Down Tomorrow by Burger01(m): 8:40am On Jul 13, 2015
emmasege:
I understand your point. NASU should make the strike national. I don't know, maybe other universities have been paid of the said allowance..not too suresad
Re: OAU To Be Shut Down Tomorrow by hollarwaley: 8:42am On Jul 13, 2015
RepEnugu:
buhari caused this.......the daura snail is an epitome of cluelessness........see what you have turned our oau into...

Use ur brain now haba
Re: OAU To Be Shut Down Tomorrow by nekromansa(m): 8:42am On Jul 13, 2015
RepEnugu:

ode buhari caused it i bet if there is no dinner in your house tonight it is also buharis fault right gullible fellow
Re: OAU To Be Shut Down Tomorrow by Nobody: 9:02am On Jul 13, 2015
kilode100:

True love

1 Like

Re: OAU To Be Shut Down Tomorrow by easy345(m): 9:37am On Jul 13, 2015
undecided our government should not be putting the cart before the horse 64 month!! That is too heartless!!!
Re: OAU To Be Shut Down Tomorrow by dammywapes(m): 9:44am On Jul 13, 2015
donshady:

great oouites... grin grin grin grin.
o ye e ..... 4ever rugged. Osu ni su wa. Amin.
Re: OAU To Be Shut Down Tomorrow by ovikky(f): 10:01am On Jul 13, 2015
UNIMAID is staring new section soon
dammywapes:
Eyah. OOU is starting second semester soon grin
Re: OAU To Be Shut Down Tomorrow by MzOnajin1(f): 10:05am On Jul 13, 2015
RepEnugu:
Ha, Buhari ke. Eleyii gidi gan oooo
Re: OAU To Be Shut Down Tomorrow by toygod2: 10:13am On Jul 13, 2015
Profitboss:
Can anyone help confirm if OAU MBA executive sales of form is still on-going? How and where can I get to buy it? Thanks

THE FORM IS #15K .... for executive MBA
Re: OAU To Be Shut Down Tomorrow by dammywapes(m): 10:34am On Jul 13, 2015
ovikky:
UNIMAID is staring new section soon
Your way no be our way.
Re: OAU To Be Shut Down Tomorrow by MzOnajin1(f): 10:37am On Jul 13, 2015
kilode100:

lol, shoro niyen
Re: OAU To Be Shut Down Tomorrow by yemcoguy(m): 10:38am On Jul 13, 2015
So buhari don rule for 64 months abi....ur hatred for d man is affecting ur brain
carzola:
64 months shocked shocked shocked shocked see wetin buhari der cause for we country
Re: OAU To Be Shut Down Tomorrow by lovingD(m): 11:02am On Jul 13, 2015
STENON:
May God help them.
I pity their Final Year Students.
thanks for pitying us jare
Re: OAU To Be Shut Down Tomorrow by Teebashy(f): 11:08am On Jul 13, 2015
RepEnugu:
u are d most clueless person av ever seen
they av been owning dem for d past 5yrs
is buhari d president den
may b u shld always tink before u comment
Re: OAU To Be Shut Down Tomorrow by Bootybuttchic(f): 11:11am On Jul 13, 2015
FredBloggs:

Lol, U just shot yourself in the foot ma'am. 2:1 in medicine? Are you kidding me? This is the first time I'm hearing that: someone graduates with a 2:1 in medicine, oh that means they are first class MBBS graduates too ehn?

Well for your info, after first year MBBS students stop using CPGA so I'm still trying to know where he got his 2:1 from

and u couldnt decipher that i could mean something equavalent to that sort.....i have no idea on anything medicine or of that sort.....but i know he graduated so well,like a 2:1 grade... cos i remember his colleagues do call him one of the best when they came home toblagos,and he was usually called doctor before he left school finallt,and i could remember if he was called mister he would say no,he should be addressed as doctor that spending that amount of years in school due to many strikes isnt beans.....if u like believe if u like dont. .......remember i told you to throw ur believe into the bin!
Re: OAU To Be Shut Down Tomorrow by rebirthiix: 11:26am On Jul 13, 2015
olasesi:
I don suffer!!!....................... mobilization nko?....................dey don dey count am for me for house ooo. The number of years.
azzin... No be small tin bro
Re: OAU To Be Shut Down Tomorrow by rebirthiix: 11:30am On Jul 13, 2015
Nigerdeltaboi:
pray wella cos i missed a batch to shit like this.
tanx. I jst pray dey send d names b4 it gets too late
Re: OAU To Be Shut Down Tomorrow by rebirthiix: 11:38am On Jul 13, 2015
Temysteve:
avi E neva affect am ni
nawa oo. Oau na big error
Re: OAU To Be Shut Down Tomorrow by hayor93(m): 11:58am On Jul 13, 2015
how on earht did he cause dz sh**,,,,pls stop critisizing PMB all bcoz he sent ur "SON" back to Otueke.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Uniuyo 2015/2016 Post UTME And Admission Update Thread / Armless Ghanaian Maths Teacher Writing With Marker In Her Mouth (Photo) / Why You Must Avoid Carryovers At All Cost As An Undergraduate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.