Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,715 members, 7,889,278 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 07:45 AM

Poll: PASTOR DEAD In CHURCH SHOOTING - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Poll: PASTOR DEAD In CHURCH SHOOTING (670 Views)

Poll: Should Pastors have minders(i.e. bodyguards)?

Yes: 33% (2 votes)
No: 33% (2 votes)
Undecided: 33% (2 votes)
Reserve comment: 0% (0 votes)
This poll has ended

What I Learnt In Church Today / Dont Be Deceived In Church Today Brethren. / The 10 Most AWKWARD Moments In Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Poll: PASTOR DEAD In CHURCH SHOOTING by Recognise: 10:35pm On Mar 08, 2009
[img width=300 height=300]http:///au5zor[/img] A man shot a pastor to death and injured several others at a church during a service in the community of Maryville, Illinois, police said.

Illinois Master Trooper Ralph Timmins said the man walked down the aisle during the early Sunday service at First Baptist Church in Maryville.

He said the man exchanged words with pastor Fred Winters and then pulled out a .45-calibre handgun.

Mr Timmins said the man fatally shot Mr Winters once before the gun jammed, then pulled out a knife and wounded himself.

Churchgoers tried to subdue the attacker and two of them suffered minor injuries.

Mr Timmins said officials don't know if Mr Winters and the suspect knew each other.

Maryville is about 20 miles north-east of St Louis.

Mr Winters, a father of two who had led First Baptist for nearly 22 years, was the former president of the Illinois Baptist State Association and an adjunct professor for Midwestern Baptist Theological Seminary, according to the church's website.

"Our great God is not surprised by this, or anything," Nate Adams, executive director of the Illinois Baptist State Association, said in a statement.

"That He allows evil and free will to have their way in tragedies like this is a mystery in many ways. But we know we can trust Him no matter what, and draw close to Him in any circumstances."

Source: Click here

Should pastors have minders (i.e. Bodyguards)? Don't forget the POLL survey
Re: Poll: PASTOR DEAD In CHURCH SHOOTING by Epi: 10:55pm On Mar 08, 2009
Jesus knew the Jews/Romans were out for Him. Like Him, (quoted in the Bible) as God children we should walk without fear - hence my answer, NO. All these pastors with body guards are not living by the example of Jesus christ. They are a bunch of cowards.

Yea thou i walk through the valley of death i will fear no evil . . . .

1love
Re: Poll: PASTOR DEAD In CHURCH SHOOTING by Recognise: 10:29pm On Mar 10, 2009
Should pastors have minders (i.e. Bodyguards)? Don't forget the POLL survey

PS: @Epi (f)
Thanks for your input . . .
Re: Poll: PASTOR DEAD In CHURCH SHOOTING by TOYOSI20(f): 10:43pm On Mar 10, 2009
This truly is sad!!!. . . . .he actually got killed in the CHURCH!!!!

Its like someone being assassinated in his own home!!

My initial assumption was that it was a stray bullet, . . . . . . .

And in this case having a body guard would have been of great help cos the whole altercation would have been avoided in the first place.

On the other hand It would worry me to see ma Pastor been guarded by armed guards, shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

like I personally would feel unsafe!! undecided
Re: Poll: PASTOR DEAD In CHURCH SHOOTING by MrCrackles(m): 10:44pm On Mar 10, 2009
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

(1) (Reply)

Can you trust me?, try this now! / Just Wondering If It's Possible For African Churches Not Talk About Money? / Why Evolution Is True

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.