Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,855 members, 7,915,457 topics. Date: Friday, 09 August 2024 at 01:32 AM

Furore Over Ogbulafor’s N400m Mansion - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Furore Over Ogbulafor’s N400m Mansion (916 Views)

Two Babies Delivered At Furore IDP Camp In Yola (photos) / Metuh Has Admitted Collecting N400m From Dasuki – EFCC / N180M Fraud: Court Frees Ogbulafor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Furore Over Ogbulafor’s N400m Mansion by dakobu: 2:13am On Mar 09, 2009
Furore over Ogbulafor’s N400m mansion
•He should tell us his source of income –AC
From Chuks Okocha in Abuja, 03.07.2009

Saturday, March 7, 2009

The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) yesterday rose in defence of its National Chairman, Prince Vincent Ogbulafor over allegations that he acquired a property worth over N400 million in the high brow Asokoro District in Abuja and that he solicited for bribes from some elected government officials.

But the opposition Action Congress party has challenged the PDP chieftain to tell Nigerians his source of income in the last five years that enabled him purchase the property.

Reports in the media have been agog over the corrupt tendencies of the PDP chairman in the last one year.

In a statement issued and signed by the National Publicity Secretary of the party, Prof. Ahmed Alkali, the party in a tacit admittance that Ogbulafor was in fact the owner of the mansion located at 45 Mohammed Nasir Road in Asokoro, Abuja said, “To question the ability of the chairman to own property anywhere, given his family background and successes in private business is callous and uncharitable.”

On allegations that Ogbulafor had solicited for bribes from elected politicians, the party said, “the allegations against the National Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party, Prince Vincent Eze Ogbulafor are petty, frivolous and in bad taste.

“To also allege that he solicits for personal favours from elected party members is out of the question.

“Prince Ogbulafor is an avowed believer and firm practitioner of President Yar’Adua’s dogged war on corruption and will never engage in acts that will undermine or retard this noble endeavour.”

The statement said that the allegations are targeted at Ogbulafor and are “aimed at tarnishing his hard won years of building a decent and reputable career both in and outside politics.”

PDP blamed the attack on those “whose stock in trade is intimidation, harassment and blackmail with a view to attracting unmerited attention and perhaps material benefits.”

The party said in the statement that it “is constrained to come out openly and forcefully to condemn this breed of rumours and indecent politics of opportunism”, stating further, “silence here, we believe, is no longer golden and indeed could be interpreted as acquiescence to the callous sundry allegations being peddled around by merchants of anarchy.”

The party stated that it is well aware that since last year, following the inauguration of the National Executive Committee and following the “pledge and commitment of the National Chairman, Prince Vincent Eze Ogbulafor to reform, re-organize and reposition the party and return it to the people in line with the vision of the founding fathers of the party, there have been conscious and deliberate efforts to weaken this resolve.”

In this regard, PDP said that it is determined and resolutely committed to going ahead with all its programmes and plans of action for the special convention and shall not be deterred nor shall it succumb to the selfish ambitions of a few who are bent on subverting the unity and cohesion of the party.

“The PDP and its governments at all levels shall not be distracted by the mischievous antics of a lawless and arrogant few”, it said.

The party promised to get to the root of those behind the misleading allegations against Ogbulafor.

In reaction, the National Publicity Secretary of the opposition Action Congress (AC) Alhaji Lai Mohammed, has asked Ogbulafor to tell Nigerians his source of income in the last five which enabled him to purchase the mansion.

Mohammed queried: “What has he been doing
http://nigeriaworld.com/cgi-bin/axs/ax.pl?http://odili.net/news/source/2009/mar/7/204.html
Re: Furore Over Ogbulafor’s N400m Mansion by Kobojunkie: 2:46am On Mar 09, 2009
In a country wrought with poverty, a prince can afford a $3.3 million dollar mansion? WOW!! I need to get my share soon!
Re: Furore Over Ogbulafor’s N400m Mansion by desgiezd(m): 2:03pm On Mar 09, 2009
Kobojunkie:

In a country wrought with poverty, a prince can afford a $3.3 million dollar mansion?

Is it of any concern to them even if half of the population is dying of hunger?
Re: Furore Over Ogbulafor’s N400m Mansion by kaygee1234: 2:10pm On Mar 09, 2009
[center][size=14pt]BASTARDS[/size][/center]
How I wish my great grandfather is still alive. I'll like to test his voodoo on these maniacs.
Re: Furore Over Ogbulafor’s N400m Mansion by jamace(m): 2:22pm On Mar 09, 2009
grin grin He is just decieving himself. How many years has he left on earth? Anyway, the children are already popping champagne in excitment. angry angry
Re: Furore Over Ogbulafor’s N400m Mansion by desgiezd(m): 2:26pm On Mar 09, 2009
kaygee1234:

[center][size=14pt]BASTARDS[/size][/center]
How I wish my great grandfather is still alive. I'll like to test his voodoo on these maniacs.

OMG!! ROTFLMFFAO!!
Re: Furore Over Ogbulafor’s N400m Mansion by PurestBoy(m): 2:41pm On Mar 09, 2009
May God help us in this country

(1) (Reply)

Cabals In Nigeria: Real Or Imagined / Yar’adua Has Heart Problem’ - Suffering From ‘acute Pericarditis’ / Is It True Army Chief Said He's Only Loyal To Yar'adua?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.