Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,184,327 members, 7,923,406 topics. Date: Saturday, 17 August 2024 at 04:54 AM

Be Inspired:how Long Should We Wait For Our Change? The Unflinching Patriotism. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Be Inspired:how Long Should We Wait For Our Change? The Unflinching Patriotism. (490 Views)

Photo: Obama Fly Past Nigeria With Cabinet They Took A Peep To See Our CHANGE / Nigerians Now Questioning The Genuiness Of Our Change Agenda-lai Mohamed / They Have Hijacked Our Change, Again Prof Pat Utomi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Be Inspired:how Long Should We Wait For Our Change? The Unflinching Patriotism. by 0393: 3:05pm On Jul 13, 2015
Arise, o compatriots, Nigeria's call obey. These are the words of the starting line of the Nigerian National Anthem. It would have been nice to ask how many of us ponder on the wording while reciting the national anthem but the truth is that we don’t even sing the national anthem again. Very few people are even aware that there are two stanzas. If the Nigerian national anthem is an animal, it would have been tagged endangered ages ago. The starting line is telling us to arise from our sleeping beds and do something about our situation. It is saying we should respond to the cry of the bleeding heart of our dear nation
Last year marked the 16th year of uninterrupted democracy and very soon, we will celebrate the 17th.We wanted change, we deserved change and now we have one yet nothing seem to have changed. There is no lie in the thinking that the nation is still as it always was, but a child not walking at one and a half years does not mean the child will never work, not having hope doesn’t necessarily make you hopeless. I believe it is time to realize that change is not the same as a miracle though miracles always lead to change. Change is not just about a change in administration, a change in title, a change in salary e.t.c. It is much deeper, it is more gradual, and it is permanent.
We keep blaming the government for unemployment, but we forget the saying that says no one ever becomes a millionaire by working for others. It is a pity that in this modern century where the world has moved on to self employment and building empires, we prefer being in chains and shackles and made to till the soil for crumbs of bread. We point our fingers at the government officials and blame them for being corrupt while we are also the one at the receiving benevolent hands of their corrupt practices. Maybe the truth is that we are more corrupt than they are. We actively look for ways to cheat ourselves and other people and reward ourselves with a badge of smartness. The students from a well to do background are the ones hoarding all the scholarships while the poor ones are made to drop out of school because they can’t afford to pay their school fees.

Arise o’compatroits, Let the change we seek start from our corner, let it start from our minds, Let us stand against that which is wrong, Let us immolate corruption, we must rise to cremate indiscipline and bribery. Let us tell the whole world we are capable of building our nation. You might say you are too small and insignificant but change always starts with someone. Look around, your strength is not based on you, it is based on the amount of friends you have and the amount of friends they have and so on. Nothing best personifies this dream like Gemstone’s the personal creed that has been distributed to more than two hundred thousand students across Nigeria and is being recited everyday. It contains 10 statements like the 10 commandments that if practiced to the letter by every reader, will ensure a Nigeria better than the ones in our dreams. The personal creed goes as
1) Make a positive impact on everyone i meet and everywhere I go
2) Be a solution provider and not part of the problem to be solved
3) Be a role model worthy of emulation
4) Be my best in all I do particularly the things i am good at
5) Do the right thing at all times regardless of who is doing the wrong thing
6) Value time and make the best use of it
7) Care and show respect through my words and actions
cool Consciously build a great legacy starting now, today and everyday
9) Live a life of integrity and honour
10) Make my family, my nation and my God proud
So help me God.

Recite this to yourself everyday and if not possible as frequent as possible. Write in on your face book wall, tweet about it once a day, make it a challenge to your friends like the ice bucket challenge. In fact, I believe we should start appreciating the good citizens in our lives, if you see anyone do something extraordinary and worth emulating, click on https://klatschkrew./2015/07/13/how-long-should-we-wait-for-our-change-the-unflinching-patriotism/ and make a comment with the name of the person and what they have done or tweet the name @the klatschkrew
Finally, we must pledge our unalloyed and unflinching loyalty and support to the incoming administration irrespective of our political, religious and personal idiosyncrasies. Together we will make this country great.

THE PERSONAL CREED WAS MADE BY FELA DUROTOYE AND GEMSTONE. For more info, go to www.gemstoneng.org

HAPPY DEMOCRACY DAY BECAUSE FROM NOW ON, EVERY DAY IS DEMOCRACY DAY.
Re: Be Inspired:how Long Should We Wait For Our Change? The Unflinching Patriotism. by jcross19: 3:06pm On Jul 13, 2015
until the government stop propaganda because we are through with elections.
Until they realise that there is no campaign again but action.
Until buhari maintain the statement he made on the inauguration day" am not for anybody, am for everybody" but in his appointees, that words has not reflected at all . All I see here is one tribal government and one religion government.
Re: Be Inspired:how Long Should We Wait For Our Change? The Unflinching Patriotism. by 1bunne4lif(m): 3:06pm On Jul 13, 2015
At the fullness of time
Re: Be Inspired:how Long Should We Wait For Our Change? The Unflinching Patriotism. by Sveen: 3:07pm On Jul 13, 2015
Wastage of cyber space.
Re: Be Inspired:how Long Should We Wait For Our Change? The Unflinching Patriotism. by 0393: 3:30pm On Jul 13, 2015
WELL CHANGE WILL HAPPEN WHETHER WE LIKE IT OR NOT.THE QUESTION IS WILL YOU BE A PAWN OR A QUEEN IN THE GAME OF CHANGE?

(1) (Reply)

Fani-kayode Accuses US Government Of Aiding Boko Haram, Blasts Leahy / APC, PDP Fight Over Buhari’s Policies / The UK Govt Goes Full R.E-Tard As It Wages War Against Toddler Terrorists

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.