Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,137 members, 7,949,913 topics. Date: Sunday, 15 September 2024 at 11:09 PM

Good News - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Good News (515 Views)

Daily Good News! / Good News: Jesus May Not Allow Islam To Conquer The World Afterall / No Buts In The Good News - Joseph Prince (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Good News by chibedo: 5:33pm On Jul 13, 2015
Nairaland is a good platform for me to share the gospel. May GOD bless you as you read and act on what you have read.

John 3
16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
Let us take a look at who we are:

Genesis 1
26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.
27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.
28 And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.
Let us also look at genesis 2
Genesis 2
5 And every plant of the field before it was in the earth, and every herb of the field before it grew: for the LORD God had not caused it to rain upon the earth, and there was not a man to till the ground.
6 But there went up a mist from the earth, and watered the whole face of the ground.
7 And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.
I believe by now you will be wondering why GOD created man in genesis 1 and 2. Let me make it clear- the man created in genesis 1 is the spirit of a man and it was in GOD. No one has seen a spirit and GOD is a spirit
John 4
24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.
In genesis 2, GOD formed man from the dust of the earth (our physical body) and HE breathed on him that spirit which was in HIM and man became a living soul. That is why death is the existence of a spirit being from the body it functioned with while on earth and guess what the body automatically goes back to dust where it came from(burial).
The book of genesis showed us how man disobeyed GOD and handed the authority given to man by GOD to Satan. But GOD the master planner brought man back to HIMSELF through the death and resurrection of our LORD and SAVIOR JESUS CHRIST.
If you have not made JESUS the LORD of your life please kindly do it now.

Romans 10
9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.
SAY THIS PRAYER ALOUD
LORD JESUS, I come to you today as a sinner and I believe that you died and resurrected for my sins. I accept you as my LORD and personal SAVIOR. Forgive my sins. Thank you because I am saved in JESUS name. Amen!

You are now born again!
Our ministry on earth is the ministry of reconciliation.
2 Corinthians 5
18 And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;
We are not to condemn people rather we should draw them close to GOD through our words and our character.

i will be back soon. Leave your comment and questions. GOD bless you.
Re: Good News by chibedo: 12:26pm On Jul 14, 2015
Leaving Your Past; Pursuing God's Plan

Leaving-Your-Past-Pursuing-Gods-Planby Kenneth W. Hagin

If you want to fulfill God's purpose for your life, you must first understand that you have a divine destiny. You will never fulfill what you don't know you have, and you must learn to leave the past behind.

Our generation enjoys technological, scientific, and physical conveniences such as the world has never before known. But no other generation has had as many cares of life as we do or faced the perplexing problems that we face today. Despite all of our advances, mankind, as a whole, stands in dire need.

Although the devil tries to fill our lives with pain and sorrow, we can alter his plans through faith in God. We hold the key to our own destiny, because God has already made a way of escape. Through the blood redemption of Jesus Christ, we can enjoy all that God has for us.

You and I have two choices: We can either succumb to complacency, or we can fulfill our divine destiny! You may have been unconsciously choosing the first one, but you can decide to follow after God's plan for your life.

Once you realize that you have a divine destiny and make a decision to pursue God's plan for your life, you need to take care of some things before you begin the task of fulfilling your destiny.

The first thing you need to do is to leave the past behind. You will never be able to move forward in life until you let go of the past.

Paul says in Philippians 3:13–14: "Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended [or obtained, or excelled]: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus."

I want you to see something in this passage. The Apostle Paul said, "I count not myself to have excelled." He then went on to say that he forgot those things which were behind him. That's an interesting statement for this great man of God to make, because not only did Paul have to forget success, he also had to forget failure!

As Paul penned those words, I'm sure his mind went back to the day he held the coats of men and encouraged them as they stoned, Stephen, one of God's chosen servants (Acts 7:58–8:3).

In addition to forgetting his mistakes, Paul also had to forget his successes. In Athens, he met with learned Greek philosophers and proclaimed the "philosophy" of the Gospel. Many believed and were saved. Their salvation was a great success for Paul. Here was a man from Tarsus, an outpost of the Roman empire, standing on Mars Hill with the greatest philosophers in Greece—and he matches them word for word and argument for argument through the power of God (Acts 17:16–33). That was a great success. But Paul had to forget it in order to move forward in his divine destiny.

Paul also had to forget that he started one of the largest churches in history—the Church at Ephesus. If you will study the Bible, you will find that this church had between 20,000 and 40,000 members! That's a pretty good-sized church!

Yet Paul said, "I count not myself to have accomplished anything, but this one thing I do—forgetting those things which are behind, I press toward the mark." Paul forgot success. He forgot failure. He forgot everything that happened to him in the past, because it was history.

Too many of us want to live in the past, but it's time to move on to the greater things God has for us in the future. Doing that will take commitment.

Too many people do not realize what commitment means. Paul showed his commitment when he wrote, "Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and REACHING FORTH . . ." (Phil. 3:13). Reaching forth involves effort, and that is spelled w-o-r-k.

Are you still interested in following God's plan for your life and fulfilling your divine destiny? If so, it means you have some work to do. You have to reach forth, strain, and strive to obtain "the high calling of God in Christ Jesus" (v. 14).

Paul said, "I press toward the mark." Well, when you're "pressing" to get something, you're putting forth a lot of energy and effort.

You're going to discover very quickly whether you want to exert the effort it takes to be this kind of Christian because the devil is going to fight you. You're going to have to choose between running back to your comfort zone or pressing toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus. But when you make the decision to go with God and you plant His Word in your heart, there isn't any place for you to go but over the top!

Make the commitment today to forget both the failures and successes of your past. Decide today to leave the past behind and start pressing toward your divine destiny!
GOD bless you!
Re: Good News by chibedo: 6:25am On Jul 17, 2015
John 1
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2 The same was in the beginning with God.
3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.
5 And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.
6 There was a man sent from God, whose name was John.
7 The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all men through him might believe.
8 He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light.
9 That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.
10 He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.
11 He came unto his own, and his own received him not.
12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.
14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.
Re: Good News by chibedo: 6:30am On Jul 17, 2015
James 1
22 But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.
23 For if any be a hearer of the word, and not a doer, he is like unto a man beholding his natural face in a glass:
24 For he beholdeth himself, and goeth his way, and straightway forgetteth what manner of man he was.
25 But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed.

(1) (Reply)

Walking With The Lord / - / Doing Exactly The Things Jesus Did

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.