Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,207 members, 7,880,762 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 06:23 AM

Kaduna Beggars Defy Government Orders, Return To Streets(PICTURE) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kaduna Beggars Defy Government Orders, Return To Streets(PICTURE) (25893 Views)

Buhari Orders Return Of Egbesu Sword For Niger-Delta Peace / Kaduna Beggars Storm Government House, Demand Withdrawal Of Anti-begging Law / Kaduna Beggars Protest Ban By Government (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kaduna Beggars Defy Government Orders, Return To Streets(PICTURE) by ayd91(m): 7:40am On Jul 14, 2015
Reminds of "Bergers' strike" by Anita Snowfall...
Nice read grin.
I recommend.
Re: Kaduna Beggars Defy Government Orders, Return To Streets(PICTURE) by Trustworthiness: 7:44am On Jul 14, 2015
buygala:
undecided
These beggars have trampled on their own human dignity by making a profession of begging, and now want to enforce their rights to constitute a Public nuisance angry

Issorait

That's how things are run in the North anyway. .... The rich religiously give alms and crumbs to the poor, and the poor religiously make a profession of being wretched sad...... After all if there are no beggars, how would alms-giving as stipulated in the Koran be effected?

These beggars know they are indispensable in that society.... Na im make dem dey form Jack Bauer sad

In other news...

Water got stuck in my teeth last night, and I seem incapable of removing it... it's causing me so much discomfort sad .... Please advise me on how to remove it sad

It is better you stop exposing you ignorance here on Nairaland. And try to lay your hand on a copy of English translated Quran which are readily available on the internet.

But before then, let me enlighten you little about the teachings and position of Islam regarding giving of alms and taking to begging as profession.

In Islam, giving of alms are meant for the needy generally. The needy Islam is talking about are not people go about begging for alms nor staying at a known spot for begging. So, the following are the needy Islam is referring to:
1. A poor person that finds it difficult to make ends meet and rely on God to alleviate his suffering and not resorting to begging.
2. A sick person that find it difficult to pay bills.
3. A traveller that got stranded, one way or the other, in the course of his or her journey. The person may not necessarily be a poor person as a rich person could also be stranded if rubbed off his possession by armed robbers on his way to his or her destination.
4. It alms can be used to sponsor poor people's children to school.
5. The alms can also be use to setup a poor person a business so that he or she could be able to pay alms the following year. That is a means of taking the poor out of poverty.
etc.

On Begging:
Islam detest begging in its entirety. As the prophet of Islam have said people who take to begging are consuming fire into their belly. He has also bought an axe for someone that he saw begging and other him to use it to cut firewood from the bush and sell. He told him that is better for him than going about begging for alms.

In conclusion, giving alms in Islam is allowed but begging is totally forbidden.
Re: Kaduna Beggars Defy Government Orders, Return To Streets(PICTURE) by Trustworthiness: 7:48am On Jul 14, 2015
buygala:
undecided
These beggars have trampled on their own human dignity by making a profession of begging, and now want to enforce their rights to constitute a Public nuisance angry

Issorait

That's how things are run in the North anyway. .... The rich religiously give alms and crumbs to the poor, and the poor religiously make a profession of being wretched sad...... After all if there are no beggars, how would alms-giving as stipulated in the Koran be effected?

These beggars know they are indispensable in that society.... Na im make dem dey form Jack Bauer sad

In other news...

Water got stuck in my teeth last night, and I seem incapable of removing it... it's causing me so much discomfort sad .... Please advise me on how to remove it sad

It is better you stop exposing you ignorance here on Nairaland. And try to lay your hand on a copy of English translated Quran which are readily available on the internet.

But before then, let me enlighten you little about the teachings and position of Islam regarding giving of alms and taking to begging as profession.

In Islam, giving of alms are meant for the needy generally. The needy Islam is talking about are not people go about begging for alms nor staying at a known spot for begging. So, the following are the needy Islam is referring to:

1. A poor person that finds it difficult to make ends meet and rely on God to alleviate his suffering and not resorting to begging.
2. A sick person that find it difficult to pay bills.
3. A traveller that got stranded, one way or the other, in the course of his or her journey. The person may not necessarily be a poor person as a rich person could also be stranded if rubbed off his possession by armed robbers on his way to his or her destination.
4. It alms can be used to sponsor poor people's children to school.
5. The alms can also be use to setup a poor person a business so that he or she could be able to pay alms the following year. That is a means of taking the poor out of poverty.
etc.

On Begging:

Islam detest begging in its entirety. As the prophet of Islam have said people who take to begging are consuming fire into their belly. He has also bought an axe for someone that he saw begging and other him to use it to cut firewood from the bush and sell. He told him that is better for him than going about begging for alms.

In conclusion, giving alms in Islam is allowed but begging is totally forbidden.
Re: Kaduna Beggars Defy Government Orders, Return To Streets(PICTURE) by southernbelle(f): 7:50am On Jul 14, 2015
SporaD8:
Those beggars actually see begging as a decent form of livelihood. Many don't even have the slightest reason to be begging. Yet offer any of the able-body a Job, they will ignore u. Volunteer to sponsor their children to school and u might end up being stab. Meaning they have come to see begging as a lucrative means of livelihood.

then theirs is a delicate issue-because if they are ousted, they could resort to violence. violence from people of their class is often the worst. but what if the government goes through muslim leaders to get through to them because i understand that they are submissive and obedient to religious leaders.

1 Like

Re: Kaduna Beggars Defy Government Orders, Return To Streets(PICTURE) by Eyor1(m): 7:59am On Jul 14, 2015
liarx,dat pic is a pic of lagox buxxtop here in port harcourt,I know dat plce very wel kx I live there,I evn knw xme begger xhown,datx in frnt of mtn office aggrey road,y nt xhow d main pic of wat u ar xayn nd rmve dx port harcourt pic.
Re: Kaduna Beggars Defy Government Orders, Return To Streets(PICTURE) by fineyemi(m): 8:23am On Jul 14, 2015
Take a luk at dis site. The fast growin educational site: www.Guru9ja.com
Re: Kaduna Beggars Defy Government Orders, Return To Streets(PICTURE) by cocolacec(m): 8:29am On Jul 14, 2015
IT IS BETTER THEY BEG THAN BECOME ARMED ROBBERS LIKE WE HAVE IN THE SOUTH.BEGGARS ARE EVERYWHERE IN THE WORLD EVEN IN EUROPE,USA.IF ELRUFAI TRULY WANTS TO ERADICATE HE SHOULD MAKE A SOCIAL PROGRAM(FOOD,CLOTHING AND ACCOMODATION) FOR THE NEEDY IN KADUNA AND THEY WILL DISAPPEARFROM THE STREETS.
Re: Kaduna Beggars Defy Government Orders, Return To Streets(PICTURE) by Iyoma2(f): 8:54am On Jul 14, 2015
El rufai should provide means of livelihood for them b4 removing them From the streets.
Re: Kaduna Beggars Defy Government Orders, Return To Streets(PICTURE) by iphyodih(f): 8:55am On Jul 14, 2015
AmarachiOnuoha:
They should look for a good means of lively hood not begging. Beging is not an occupation.

So government should mk sure dey mobile dem one way or d oda,unemployment is real my dear.dey don't have any skill so we rly can't tell wht their profession is 4 now,all we knw is dt dey r beggar, individually we can also do d lil we can cos no mata how lil it is we hv surely put a smile on pple's faces @ d same time set a pace 4 others to follow.
Re: Kaduna Beggars Defy Government Orders, Return To Streets(PICTURE) by SporaD8: 8:59am On Jul 14, 2015
southernbelle:

then theirs is a delicate issue-because if they are ousted, they could resort to violence. violence from people of their class is often the worst. but what if the government goes through muslim leaders to get through to them because i understand that they are submissive and obedient to religious leaders.
see the more reason they should b sweep off the ! That amount of energy used in fomenting chaos could have been channel into productive means. I still maintained that they have no reason to b on the street begging other than mere laziness encouraged by their believe.
Re: Kaduna Beggars Defy Government Orders, Return To Streets(PICTURE) by bros856: 9:03am On Jul 14, 2015
El-Rufai should look for something to engage the street hawkers and beggers, a kind of rehabilitation home with different craft and work that is profitable then arrest them and put them there.
Re: Kaduna Beggars Defy Government Orders, Return To Streets(PICTURE) by Skoopy(m): 9:22am On Jul 14, 2015
Career beggars
Re: Kaduna Beggars Defy Government Orders, Return To Streets(PICTURE) by opey112(m): 9:42am On Jul 14, 2015
Some people that have all of there body part intact will still be begging,that is what annoyed me most.....they should just find something doing jare...
Re: Kaduna Beggars Defy Government Orders, Return To Streets(PICTURE) by nwadiuko1(m): 9:48am On Jul 14, 2015
Its genetic
Re: Kaduna Beggars Defy Government Orders, Return To Streets(PICTURE) by enyioma10000(f): 9:53am On Jul 14, 2015
I think begging is still beta Dan stealing, kidnapping, rituals etc...
Re: Kaduna Beggars Defy Government Orders, Return To Streets(PICTURE) by Nobody: 9:56am On Jul 14, 2015
I thought they have dangote. Why are they still begging on the streets?
Re: Kaduna Beggars Defy Government Orders, Return To Streets(PICTURE) by AmarachiOnuoha(m): 10:28am On Jul 14, 2015
iphyodih:

So government should mk sure dey mobile dem one way or d oda,unemployment is real my dear.dey don't have any skill so we rly can't tell wht their profession is 4 now,all we knw is dt dey r beggar, individually we can also do d lil we can cos no mata how lil it is we hv surely put a smile on pple's faces @ d same time set a pace 4 others to follow.
This ones are not even ready to work at all, I could remember one begger I was given aid almost every day am going to the site to work, but when opportunity called to fix in someone. I went to him because I know he could do such job, but instead of him to pick up the opportunity. He decided to change from his place of begging to another place, where I will not see him.

1 Like

Re: Kaduna Beggars Defy Government Orders, Return To Streets(PICTURE) by free13: 10:38am On Jul 14, 2015
Na wa...... shocked
Re: Kaduna Beggars Defy Government Orders, Return To Streets(PICTURE) by Nobody: 12:00pm On Jul 14, 2015
ERODEDEAST:
Hell- Ru-Fray is wasting his time instead of him to ban HI.JAB in Public places that's if he's serious.

Its disturbing when you evaluate some people's thought process, even my unborn child won't give such a shallow submission.
Re: Kaduna Beggars Defy Government Orders, Return To Streets(PICTURE) by EazyMoh(m): 2:10pm On Jul 14, 2015
nduchucks:

Most of your assertions are not based in facts, research, or reliable statistics. These assertions are based on conjecture with a base in prejudice and borderline bigotry.

Here are some of your prejudicial assertions:

(1)It's only a tiny fraction of all those beggars that sincerely need alms.

(2)Those with disabilities in many cases you will find out that they even have more than one wife and depend solely on begging, without even trying to get a skill.

(3)Bottom line is they make a lot of money in begging that most will not agree to be kept in a retirement home.

(4)Many of them are above average Nigerian poor, some even have businesses run for them by other people.

(5)The final point is why must it 99% Hausa people that beg? even in Saudi Arabia.?

When did you conduct a survey or reliable research to reach these wild conclusions? I'm am sorry sir, you sound like a prejudiced bigot.

before you term all my submissions as bigotry, it may interest you to know that I am a 100% Hausa Fulani, I live in the north kano and Jigawa to be precise. you can just ask me for further explanation if you don't know what am talking about, cause personally I really do.
one of my referees runs a foundation that tries to rehabilitate Almajirai and other destitute. he use to have a radio program on Freedom Radio every Wednesday of which the issue of begging is one of the most discussed; with all the necessary research data and statistics. at a point the program generated outrage from many people involved in the Almajirai business.
Regarding the points I raised, let try and break it down further for you.
1. all children under the average of 15 are sole responsibility of their wards. subtract the kids from the total number of beggars and you know they reduce significantly. ( I don't wanna give estimate since am obvious bad at it).
2. Same rule applies to females under NO circumstances are females allowed to fend for themselves in a Muslim community (you may ask for details). subtract females from the remaining beggars also.
3. as I said above I am a witness, I know many 'beggars' who have enough money to rent apartment and even give other people credit!
4. Sule Lamido introduced 7000 Naira allowance to the beggars many of them rejected it, they say that they make more than that.
in conclusion I think the best solution is that every beggar shall be taken care of by their relatives. those that lack such shall habilitatd by the government.
I rest my case.
Re: Kaduna Beggars Defy Government Orders, Return To Streets(PICTURE) by nduchucks: 2:41pm On Jul 14, 2015
EazyMoh:

before you term all my submissions as bigotry, it may interest you to know that I am a 100% Hausa Fulani, I live in the north kano and Jigawa to be precise. you can just ask me for further explanation if you don't know what am talking about, cause personally I really do.
one of my referees runs a foundation that tries to rehabilitate Almajirai and other destitute. he use to have a radio program on Freedom Radio every Wednesday of which the issue of begging is one of the most discussed; with all the necessary research data and statistics. at a point the program generated outrage from many people involved in the Almajirai business.
Regarding the points I raised, let try and break it down further for you.
1. all children under the average of 15 are sole responsibility of their wards. subtract the kids from the total number of beggars and you know they reduce significantly. ( I don't wanna give estimate since am obvious bad at it).
2. Same rule applies to females under NO circumstances are females allowed to fend for themselves in a Muslim community (you may ask for details). subtract females from the remaining beggars also.
3. as I said above I am a witness, I know many 'beggars' who have enough money to rent apartment and even give other people credit!
4. Sule Lamido introduced 7000 Naira allowance to the beggars many of them rejected it, they say that they make more than that.
in conclusion I think the best solution is that every beggar shall be taken care of by their relatives. those that lack such shall habilitatd by the government.
I rest my case.

You continue making assertions based on prejudice as opposed to facts or any valid research data. Repeating these assertions multiple times does not make them correct.

The sensible thing to do is to have a well thought-out program to manage the "beggar" problem rather than irresponsibly throwing them out in the cold. When such a rehabilitation program is in place, those who refuse to be rehabilitated can be identified and dealt with accordingly.

The 700 naira allowance program you mentioned was merely another scheme to loot. You and I know that Lamido who managed the program is currently in the nets of EFCC.
Re: Kaduna Beggars Defy Government Orders, Return To Streets(PICTURE) by iphyodih(f): 5:59pm On Jul 14, 2015
AmarachiOnuoha:
This ones are not even ready to work at all, I could remember one begger I was given aid almost every day am going to the site to work, but when opportunity called to fix in someone. I went to him because I know he could do such job, but instead of him to pick up the opportunity. He decided to change from his place of begging to another place, where I will not see him.

Lol
Re: Kaduna Beggars Defy Government Orders, Return To Streets(PICTURE) by karllemah44(m): 7:19pm On Jul 14, 2015
Erukumakanaki:
the Northern beggars see this Begging thingy as an OCCUPATION (no offiense) angry
seriously and they now even have beggars section and forum
Re: Kaduna Beggars Defy Government Orders, Return To Streets(PICTURE) by cococandy(f): 6:11am On Jul 16, 2015
I was Conan say this too.

They need rehab and a proper support system. There's no infrastructure in place to help them do something with their lives
nduchucks:
Giving alms to beggers in the streets of Kaduna, particularly on Fridays is a tradition and one mechanism for the rich to show compassion, albeit in an ineffective manner. On top of that, these beggars have nowhere else to go, no safety net, no social programs, no food stamps, nothing!

El Rufai should be very careful here else this affair will blow up in his face.

Leave the beggars alone until you've built the infrastructure to rehabilitate these fellow Nigerians. Many of them simply need wheelchairs, or mechanical limbs, and a few startup naira, to become functioning and productive members of the society. El-Rufai, teach these poor folks how to fish and let them live, instead of throwing them in the ocean without a life jacket. What you did with beggars in Abuja will not work in Kaduna. Abuja beggars simply returned to their states of origin when you kicked them out of FCT. Where do you expect the Kaduna beggars to go? embarassed

Re: Kaduna Beggars Defy Government Orders, Return To Streets(PICTURE) by oluwadanie1(m): 11:11am On Jul 17, 2015
Olsoo:

Sha no go chop poison grin
ogbeni, wetin do u yesterday. U no update...

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Governor Obiano Dancing To Flavour's "Baby Oku" At The Glo Show In Awka (Video) / Saraki At Eid Praying Ground, Ilorin (Photos) / 2015: Nigerian Senators & Reps. Members With 3rd, 4th, 5th Term Tickets

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.