Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,865 members, 7,876,298 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 02:17 PM

Osun Workers Suspend Two-month Strike - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osun Workers Suspend Two-month Strike (514 Views)

Ekiti State Workers Suspend Strike, Sign Agreement With Govt(Pics) / Senate To Suspend Two Senators Sworn In for Niger South / Kashamu Donates 30 Trailers Of Rice To Osun Workers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Osun Workers Suspend Two-month Strike by Stoja: 12:28am On Jul 14, 2015
Osun state workers have agreed to resume work by suspending two-month old strike embarked by the workers over nonpayment of their salaries by the state government, The Punch reports.

Governor Rauf Aregbesola's photo: http://getlistednigeria.com/?p=26621

The chairman of the Nigeria Labour Congress in the state, Jacob Adekomi, made this announcement to newsmen that the strike had been called off following the signing of a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between representatives of the union and the government on the lingering issue.

Jacob said the decision to end the strike is based on the understanding that the state government promised to offset January and February on Monday July 13 while the remaining salaries will be paid once the federal government releases the bailout fund to the state.

The MoU read : “Both parties, therefore, agreed to enter into this Memorandum of Understanding in anticipation of the bailout expected from the Federal Government on the issue of settlement of salary arrears and to show the state government’s commitment to the welfare of its workforce, having in mind the need to data towards the completion of the physical verification exercise of workers and retirees in the public service.

“The labour unions will suspend the ongoing strike on the basis of the Memorandum of Understanding to allow all public service personnel audit and verification exercise as well as auditing of local government staff/ primary school teachers and retires take place.”

The government representative said that screening of workers was not a witch-hunt or meant to retrench any worker, stating that the exercise would enable the government to know the actual number of workers in the employ of the state.
The federal government had earlier intervene crisis engulfing many states in the country following their inability to pay workers salaries by releasing N400billion bailout fund to states.
Re: Osun Workers Suspend Two-month Strike by Nobody: 12:30am On Jul 14, 2015
we've heard...
Re: Osun Workers Suspend Two-month Strike by marv1: 1:18am On Jul 14, 2015
Propaganda
Re: Osun Workers Suspend Two-month Strike by unitysheart(m): 1:59am On Jul 14, 2015
That's a cheering news. I was in osogbo last week and almost everything was in comatose. My host received an alert of 5k on her phone and jumped up in wild excitement. I felt so pitiful for them. Hopefully the remaining salary being owed wi=ould be offset soon by Ogbeni Raufu.
Re: Osun Workers Suspend Two-month Strike by maverickdude(m): 2:06am On Jul 14, 2015
won o ti e le
Re: Osun Workers Suspend Two-month Strike by ShobayoEmma(m): 2:33am On Jul 14, 2015
d poster above me is north.
Re: Osun Workers Suspend Two-month Strike by kazmanbanjoko(m): 5:00am On Jul 14, 2015
Okay

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Osun Workers Suspend Two-month Strike by jogsman01(m): 5:13am On Jul 14, 2015
i don dey iron my cloth sef

(1) (Reply)

Oh My God! George Bush Senior Fractures Neck Bone In A Fall At His Home / Police Nab 2 For Murder Of APC Chieftain In Lagos / Boko Haram Attacks Home Of New Chief Of Army Staff

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.