Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,816 members, 7,942,061 topics. Date: Friday, 06 September 2024 at 07:08 PM

The Poverty Stricken People Of Patani Forest, Delta State - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The Poverty Stricken People Of Patani Forest, Delta State (37555 Views)

Breaking: 5 Die In Ughelli Patani Express Road Auto Crash This Morning(pics) / Breaking: 5 Die In Ughelli Patani Express Road Auto Crash This Morning / Omo Shasha Oluwa Forest Reserve (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Poverty Stricken People Of Patani Forest, Delta State by philips70(m): 2:13pm On Jul 14, 2015
bushdoc9919:

So bad leadership by the North excuses bad leadership by Southern Niger Delta Governors over the last 16 years.

Continue. That is why we suffer. We excuse bad leadership at home...while complaining about enemies abroad.

You Nigerians better wake up....and ask your governors some hard questions. You elected them to end this mess.

No, they will not. All their problems are caused by one imaginary born to rule people who have their own numerous problems. Uduaghan alone left a debt of N637b for this present government according to information on public space. The accountant general had to escape 3 days to handover because the governor needed to do some last minute looting. Until we leave others with their own problems and hold our own leaders accountable even 100% resource control will not yield us any meaningful development. It will still end up in the pockets of the strongest people.

What's in these pictures is not limited to Patani alone, This is a common sight everywhere in the Niger Delta and even worse in the creeks.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Poverty Stricken People Of Patani Forest, Delta State by Nobody: 2:15pm On Jul 14, 2015
Isn't Igbo man the one who left it undeveloped?

Igbo man is their problem.

1 Like

Re: The Poverty Stricken People Of Patani Forest, Delta State by HopeAtHand: 2:17pm On Jul 14, 2015
bushdoc9919:

Nzeogwu was from Delta State.

Additionally...it is not control over money....it is what you use the money for that constitutes development.

Most of you Nigerians think of development in terms of allawee from govt. That is why you and the Hausas fight over oil money all day long. No. Development is about using your limited resources to develop solutions for the community and indeed the world.

In Delta....you have the problem of oil spill. How many inventions and industries have been developed to deal with the effects of oil spill? Or will the oil companies continue to wipe your bum bum with dollars? Are your schools training people that can innovate...or are they just clerk producing factories? Think about that...and not interms of money. Resource control is a good idea.....until it gets into the had of people who think the world owes them a living.

You are smart.

Theres a thread you ought to have contributed on..cnt remember the name.

I told them on that thread that without visionary leaders that have integrity, 100% derivation will be squandered and pazienza, who is pursuing a vandetta against the Yoruba and the North, decided to tag me yoruba.
Re: The Poverty Stricken People Of Patani Forest, Delta State by room089: 2:19pm On Jul 14, 2015
If dia cousin GEJ no remember dem, na miracle go happen for GMB to remember dem!
Re: The Poverty Stricken People Of Patani Forest, Delta State by Greatfuture: 2:21pm On Jul 14, 2015
The Patani people have, councilor,chairman,state assemby member,house of rep,senator representing them,they are from the oil rich delta state,which has one of the largest allocation with 13% derivation,they have the NDDC & MIN OF NIGER DELTA TO ASSESS FOR DEVELOPMENT FUND.They are IJAWS, the same ethnic blok of Jonathan,Edwin Claark,Orubebe,Tompolo,Asari Dokubo and even senator Ben M.Bruce who is talkin about Osun when he is yet to help the tribal brother.I think they have more than enough people from amongst them to help them

1 Like

Re: The Poverty Stricken People Of Patani Forest, Delta State by atlwireles: 2:24pm On Jul 14, 2015
When people fail themselves you blame government. So government should feed and clothe them because they are from the Niger delta? I understand, if you complain about lack of social infrastructures like clean water, light and good roads. Most parts of delta state were undeveloped 25-30 years ago, nobody was hungry then, quite frankly people were better off than most today.

Patani is a rural farming and fishing town, even with the high pollution from oil exploration, there are still farm land and waters to make a relative okay living. The OP, should have presented a complete picture of patani, not this subjective insult.

3 Likes

Re: The Poverty Stricken People Of Patani Forest, Delta State by pazienza(m): 2:24pm On Jul 14, 2015
HopeAtHand:

You are smart.

Theres a thread you ought to have contributed on..cnt remember the name.

I told them on that thread that without visionary leaders that have integrity, 100% derivation will be squandered and pazienza, who is pursuing a vandetta against the Yoruba and the North, decided to tag me yoruba.

I have a record of a thread where you tagged the Ijaws as fools.

That you are Yoruba is of no doubt to me, as a matter of fact, I find it intriguing and interesting all the same, that's why I like chatting you up, you provide me with comic relief.

A thread that has nothing to do with Ndiigbo, you still inexplicably found a way to drag Ndiigbo into it.

What exactly does Nzeogwu a Niger deltan has to do with the topic at hand? Only a Yoruba like you will find a way to drag Nzeogwu into this mess.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Poverty Stricken People Of Patani Forest, Delta State by iswallker(m): 2:34pm On Jul 14, 2015
247frolicboss:
[img]http://4.bp..com/-2XyOOrFfYVk/VaRHDw3PLFI/AAAAAAACY1I/8XRqS8fBmoI/s400/vlcsnap-2015-06-22-09h50m49s228.png[/img]

A reporter shared this content to www..net showing us how poverty has made the lives of Nigerians live like an "animal".

The pictures below tell the sad story of some group of people living in Patani Forest. Among the people living in this forest are the elderly, pregnant women, nursing mothers, teenagers and children. These people struggle everyday to survive as they can barely eat.

[img]http://1.bp..com/-LG-jLLIx61I/VaRHHCg9u-I/AAAAAAACY1s/tGRID4XL1jQ/s400/vlcsnap-2015-06-22-09h55m18s84.png[/img]

The children and pregnant women in this forest go to bed at night hungry, sleep on the bare floor (because they cannot afford the luxury of bed), drink contaminated water and are under the constant attacks of mosquitoes and wild animals, including snakes.

We are using this medium to call on good spirited individuals to come to the help of our brothers and sisters who are suffering in this forest. You can help with the following items: clothes, food items, disinfectants, detergents, noodles, soaps and especially Mattresses (foams).

[img]http://4.bp..com/-GZ-x6zT0nq8/VaRHEfBufrI/AAAAAAACY1Y/wcSYBRA7J8A/s400/vlcsnap-2015-06-22-09h49m09s253.png[/img]

[img]http://4.bp..com/-Hu0d7rQS17E/VaRHH71BAPI/AAAAAAACY1w/ZZ8TxnNmw7s/s400/vlcsnap-2015-06-22-09h55m59s239.png[/img]

[img]http://4.bp..com/-1843E8Q2hbc/VaRHIPykXOI/AAAAAAACY10/JJLWbXmtVxI/s400/vlcsnap-2015-06-22-09h56m39s110.png[/img]

Patani forest is located right here in Nigeria- between Bayelsa and Warri, Delta State.

www..net/2015/07/photos-poverty-stricken-people-of.html

are they banished to that forest...
Re: The Poverty Stricken People Of Patani Forest, Delta State by AreaFada2: 2:36pm On Jul 14, 2015
Kastonkastroll:
What happened with all the allocations the delta state gets from the FG ? Like this is a state that gets more money than Ogun, Oyo, osun and ekiti combined from the FG. smh

Used to build an international airport in Asaba and do other stuff. Rural people hardly get anything. Lots of the money siphoned of course. This is Ibori's State remember. Uduaghan is Ibori's cousin. Let's see what Okowa will do.

1 Like

Re: The Poverty Stricken People Of Patani Forest, Delta State by atlwireles: 2:38pm On Jul 14, 2015
[s]
AreaFada2:

Used to build an international airport in Asaba and do other stuff. Rural people hardly get anything. Lots of the money siphoned of course. This is Ibori's State remember. Uduaghan is Ibori's cousin. Let's see what Okowa will do.
[/s]

Some of you should keep your rubbish in your head.
Re: The Poverty Stricken People Of Patani Forest, Delta State by atlwireles: 2:41pm On Jul 14, 2015
Kastonkastroll:
What happened with all the allocations the delta state gets from the FG ? Like this is a state that gets more money than Ogun, Oyo, osun and ekiti combined from the FG. smh

Delta state is still better than all the states named. It is not the job of government to feed and clothe people.

1 Like

Re: The Poverty Stricken People Of Patani Forest, Delta State by repogirl(f): 2:50pm On Jul 14, 2015
Na today? Mtchewww! Nigerians need to go and see how these people live...in total abject poverty! Many villages cannot be reached except by boat because no roads, no bridges.....when rainy season begins nko? They have to becime refugees and pack themselves and their families to higher ground, that is if sickness and hunger hasnt killed half of their children first.

Its just so horrible! One Nigeria! Politicians representing those areas need to be hanged, they are not doing nearly enough.

3 Likes

Re: The Poverty Stricken People Of Patani Forest, Delta State by thewarrior72: 2:50pm On Jul 14, 2015
Well...one part of me want to sympathise with this people, while the other part remembers that these people & they forebearers were against the agitation of sovereign state of BIAFRA, but prefers one ZOONIGERIA. Thesame resources they hinged their hope & hence they hatred of the igbos(biafra) is been siphon & used to feed beggars, leashes & parasite from usun state down to meduguri while them the owner languish in abject penury......what a decision?

Well..Life is, when u make a wrong decision, u live with it consequences. When u make good one u also live with its outcome.
Re: The Poverty Stricken People Of Patani Forest, Delta State by IceDude(m): 2:51pm On Jul 14, 2015
braimeddy:
what is the state govt doing abt dis? What abt the politicians? Did they not cast their vote
We dont av politicians in Delta.....i call them poliThiefcians
Re: The Poverty Stricken People Of Patani Forest, Delta State by Nobody: 2:51pm On Jul 14, 2015
LazyGod:
The problem with Africa is, despite this adversity, they will still be procreating like fowl laying eggs!!!
Most especially, the silly Nigerians! Increasing the population in abject poverty! angry angry angry lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed cry cry cry cry cry
Re: The Poverty Stricken People Of Patani Forest, Delta State by AreaFada2: 2:55pm On Jul 14, 2015
atlwireles:
[s][/s]

Some of you should keep your rubbish in your head.

Isaac Newton abi Albert Eistein who knows all, why not enlighten us? Or you mean the pictures posted are fake? grin grin

Abi na swearing be ur specialty? grin cheesy
Re: The Poverty Stricken People Of Patani Forest, Delta State by atlwireles: 2:58pm On Jul 14, 2015
AreaFada2:

Isaac Newton abi Albert Eistein who knows all, why not enlighten us? Or you mean the pictures posted are fake? grin grin

Abi na swearing be ur specialty? grin cheesy

No need, you cannot help yourself.
Re: The Poverty Stricken People Of Patani Forest, Delta State by Nobody: 3:00pm On Jul 14, 2015
Please how can one get the actual location of the place?

Can one possibly get clean water in that area if a borehole is dug? Any land surveyor in the house please?

I couldn't watch those pics of kids and the elderly living in that manner, anyone with more info on how to reach them, please help. cry
Re: The Poverty Stricken People Of Patani Forest, Delta State by reallinks: 3:00pm On Jul 14, 2015
Cutehector:
Moved with pity.... Lord please bless me so I can be an instrument of charity, amen
Amen. thats my prayer too
Re: The Poverty Stricken People Of Patani Forest, Delta State by Nobody: 3:01pm On Jul 14, 2015
freakthingz:
Hmmmmm
cry

sometimes i wish i had bill gates type of money just to help people
but this naija you go fear even to help person
tomorrow them go start to abuse you......
. U must not be as rich as bill gate to help the needy.............. U can start with d little u have... If u cannot do it with the little that u have then I assure u won't do it with $80billion dollars that Bill Gates has..... With Ūя̲̅ 20k salary u can give d needy 5 to 10k and God will bless u more than Bill Gates
Re: The Poverty Stricken People Of Patani Forest, Delta State by otiigba1(m): 3:02pm On Jul 14, 2015
SO this sort of people exit in nigeria? shocked a country were some people own private jets, Range Rover jeeps 3 mobiles phones including iphone 6, a country were people who call them selves celebrities are taking selfie photos na'ked And driving around in expensive cars, It bogles the mind undecided
Re: The Poverty Stricken People Of Patani Forest, Delta State by thewarrior72: 3:03pm On Jul 14, 2015
NormalCodes:
Isn't Igbo man the one who left it undeveloped?

Igbo man is their problem.
I love your sarcasm....

1 Like

Re: The Poverty Stricken People Of Patani Forest, Delta State by sirscripture: 3:03pm On Jul 14, 2015
That is why your wish of being rich as bill gate may never come true. Because Angels like bill gate help without not waiting for thank you.
Help should be your priority if you are truely blessed, not the abuse you get in return.

freakthingz:
Hmmmmm
cry

Re: The Poverty Stricken People Of Patani Forest, Delta State by mikron(m): 3:18pm On Jul 14, 2015
Patani is a stone throw from my village
Re: The Poverty Stricken People Of Patani Forest, Delta State by mikron(m): 3:24pm On Jul 14, 2015
Patani is a stone throw from my village. The OP did not paint the picture correctly, these are mostly farm houses u see. Mostly the isoko people farming in bayelsa and patani in Delta. They all have 3 to 4 bedroom apartments in their communities but live here like peasants. Go to their villages like ughelli, olomoro, ole, agbarrho etc and see the kind of big houses they have. I'm from bayelsa and these farming and fishing camps abound in my place so I know
Re: The Poverty Stricken People Of Patani Forest, Delta State by DesChyko: 3:25pm On Jul 14, 2015
Don't let the heavy allocations or towns like Asaba, Warri and co. fool you, Delta State has been run aground by greed and corruption.
It is a curse to be called an 'oil community'. Most of Delta communities are surrounded by creeks and water. I can mention over 40 huge communities that equals Asaba in land mass like that. The kind of underdevelopment that hits these places are so heartbreaking.
They labour from dusk to dawn, paddling, fishing or farming, cut off from civilization by expensive boat and road transport fares. Their children either run away from the cage or settle there to become young husbands and wives, to raise more kids for the hustle of survival while erosion eats their mud houses and few concrete buildings as they move further inland. The younger ones are neglected and allowed to run wild while their parents toil away, their future not assured beyond SSCE (forget JAMB), that's if at all they complete secondary school before getting married off.
It's better you travel inland and see with your own eyes. Ignore those town boys who doesn't even know the boundaries of their own hometown. I hope Gov. Okowa has a better plan for their futures.
Re: The Poverty Stricken People Of Patani Forest, Delta State by xender(m): 3:25pm On Jul 14, 2015
freakthingz:
Hmmmmm cry
sometimes i wish i had bill gates type of money just to help people but this naija you go fear even to help person tomorrow them go start to abuse you......
Re: The Poverty Stricken People Of Patani Forest, Delta State by DesChyko: 3:32pm On Jul 14, 2015
IdiAmin1:
Please how can one get the actual location of the place?

Can one possibly get clean water in that area if a borehole is dug? Any land surveyor in the house please?

I couldn't watch those pics of kids and the elderly living in that manner, anyone with more info on how to reach them, please help. cry

As in ehn.
During my time there, I sought to call government attention and run all sorts of campaign to expose their plight, but I was warned by a close friend to be careful of the people getting these allocations. He said they won't tolerate such exposure of their misdemeanours and that I had better thought out my safety first. I had to rethink and reschedule my act for next year. Now, I'm just collating data and learning their system more
Their problem is the political structure.
Re: The Poverty Stricken People Of Patani Forest, Delta State by lawnreigh(m): 3:39pm On Jul 14, 2015
[quote author=247frolicboss post=35844359][img]http://4.bp..com/-2XyOOrFfYVk/VaRHDw3PLFI/AAAAAAACY1I/8XRqS8fBmoI/s400/vlcsnap-2015-06-22-09h50m49s228.png[/img]

A reporter shared this content to www..net showing us how poverty has made the lives of Nigerians live like an "animal".

The pictures below tell the sad story of some group of people living in Patani Forest. Among the people living in this forest are the elderly, pregnant women, nursing mothers, teenagers and children. These people struggle everyday to survive as they can barely eat.

[img]http://1.bp..com/-LG-jLLIx61I/VaRHHCg9u-I/AAAAAAACY1s/tGRID4XL1jQ/s400/vlcsnap-2015-06-22-09h55m18s84.png[/img]

The children and pregnant women in this forest go to bed at night hungry, sleep on the bare floor (because they cannot afford the luxury of bed), drink contaminated water and are under the constant attacks of mosquitoes and wild animals, including snakes.

We are using this medium to call on good spirited individuals to come to the help of our brothers and sisters who are suffering in this forest. You can help with the following items: clothes, food items, disinfectants, detergents, noodles, soaps and especially Mattresses (foams).

[img]http://4.bp..com/-GZ-x6zT0nq8/VaRHEfBufrI/AAAAAAACY1Y/wcSYBRA7J8A/s400/vlcsnap-2015-06-22-09h49m09s253.png[/img]

[img]http://4.bp..com/-Hu0d7rQS17E/VaRHH71BAPI/AAAAAAACY1w/ZZ8TxnNmw7s/s400/vlcsnap-2015-06-22-09h55m59s239.png[/img]

[img]http://4.bp..com/-1843E8Q2hbc/VaRHIPykXOI/AAAAAAACY10/JJLWbXmtVxI/s400/vlcsnap-2015-06-22-09h56m39s110.png[/img]

Patani forest is located right here in Nigeria- between Bayelsa and Warri, Delta State.

www..net/2015/07/photos-poverty-stricken-people-of.html

That's what you get when people use sentiment in addressing issues nd not holding the real players responsible all in the name of bigotry against majority tribes like Yorubas nd Hausa/Fulani, I'm very familiar with patani, Niger delta nd I know d of the problems in the Niger delta region in general. They keep crying foul that nigerian govt isn't doing anything for them yet they get highest allocation and 13% derivation fee, Ministry of Niger Delta affairs, NDDC I'm not supporting the Nigerian govt but fellow NL's corruption in Niger delta is 1 of d highest or betterstill highest in Nigeria, the ruling class keep siphoning every money coming there way nd shift the blame on fed govt only, they have the most underperforming governors in the last govt like uduaghan, seriake dickson nd co with big allocations o, its hightime they start holding there leaders responsible like governors, CDC excos for communities with oil well among others. We all saw the quarrel ODI compensation money caused, where some people carted away the money nd some are getting 3* upwards while some neva received a dime till now.
Re: The Poverty Stricken People Of Patani Forest, Delta State by babadem2much(m): 3:59pm On Jul 14, 2015
freakthingz:
Hmmmmm
cry

You go even fear make dem no use winch tek kill u sef grin

1 Like

Re: The Poverty Stricken People Of Patani Forest, Delta State by Nobody: 4:03pm On Jul 14, 2015
Does patani not have a representative at the house of reps? The oil has become a curse rather than blessing! I pray their voices are heard.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

South-West Bridges, Roads And Flyovers In Pictures / Container Falls On A Fully Loaded Bus At Ojuelegba Bridge, Lagos / Man Playing With Cobras At Kano Motor Park

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.