Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,201 members, 7,880,741 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 05:18 AM

How Can I Stop My Father In Law Interference In Our. Marriage ? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Can I Stop My Father In Law Interference In Our. Marriage ? (1464 Views)

How Can I Stop My Husband's Phone Addiction? / I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! / Husband Has Been Having Sex With His Father-In-Law (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Stop My Father In Law Interference In Our. Marriage ? by Jerraldan: 12:07pm On Jul 14, 2015
How can I stop my father in law from interfering in our marriage? Each time I have misunderstanding with my wife the father usually take it
upon himself as if I have offended him personally.i always want to react but for the fact that my wife love his father so much dat she wouldn't be happy if I not only talk but keep distance from his father.she love bridging the gap always but am tired of been close to him because character of a good father doesn't come to play each time there is need for it.please Nl your candid advice.
Re: How Can I Stop My Father In Law Interference In Our. Marriage ? by zinachidi(m): 12:09pm On Jul 14, 2015
well talk to him man to man... it works most often
Re: How Can I Stop My Father In Law Interference In Our. Marriage ? by Abugab(m): 12:13pm On Jul 14, 2015
Your wife cannot love her father more than herself.
Her marriage is hers and anything that destroys it destroys her excluding her father from the pains and agony.
Try to always resolve issues between yourselves without external interferance.
You can device smart ways to be far from him to at least minimize his influence and most importantly, your wife and yourself should learn to keep your secret very secret.

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Stop My Father In Law Interference In Our. Marriage ? by Nobody: 12:25pm On Jul 14, 2015
talk to ur wife thaf u ar nt trying to separate them...u understand the love h has and infact u want that for ur children too. but u want everything to remain under your roof. when do u guys want go start been a mature couple. you vowed to stay togeda tru thick and thin. if u dnt start practicing d problm solving skills u wnt be as wise as her father.
mind u tell her dis with a gift in ur hand wen she is happy if not the next call u shall see on ur phone will be from her father.....
Father in law: can u see me dis weekend.
u: am nt sure but...hpe no problm sir?
father in law: smebdy is tryin to seperate me frm my lovely daighter.
u : ok sir I will see u tomorrow. grin
wateva advice u get frm pple think abt it deeply.
goodluck frm prof inlwas affairs.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Stop My Father In Law Interference In Our. Marriage ? by kestolove95(m): 12:28pm On Jul 14, 2015
And why will u always have misundastandin wit ur wife for Godsake

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Stop My Father In Law Interference In Our. Marriage ? by misspicy(f): 12:30pm On Jul 14, 2015
Let ur wife know ur stand,she should know how to handle her dad
Re: How Can I Stop My Father In Law Interference In Our. Marriage ? by MzzTega(f): 12:31pm On Jul 14, 2015
How does the man get to know about it? Your wife?.
Sorry to say but your wife is Immature.

Talk to your wife first,then the old man will stop when he no longer gets info from her.

4 Likes

Re: How Can I Stop My Father In Law Interference In Our. Marriage ? by Ephemmm: 1:08pm On Jul 14, 2015
Jerraldan:
How can I stop my father in law from interfering in our marriage? Each time I have misunderstanding with my wife the father usually take it
upon himself as if I have offended him personally.i always want to react but for the fact that my wife love his father so much dat she wouldn't be happy if I not only talk but keep distance from his father.she love bridging the gap always but am tired of been close to him because character of a good father doesn't come to play each there need for it.please Nl your candid advice.

You are still a boy not a man: how can another man dictate the way you rule your family for you? He can intervene sometimes, but he has to use sense of admonition even if you are at fault.

Kid, you need to grow up a little bit.
Re: How Can I Stop My Father In Law Interference In Our. Marriage ? by Feranchek(m): 1:49pm On Jul 14, 2015
kestolove95:

You wey don marrey, hope sey una norva fight today. Mtchew!!! Doesn't matter how often they have misunderstandings, what matters is how soon the later understand each other

1 Like

Re: How Can I Stop My Father In Law Interference In Our. Marriage ? by Godskidmidas(m): 2:01pm On Jul 14, 2015
How the man take dey hear?

Anyways you and your wife should learn to resolve disputes without a third party having knowledge of it.
Re: How Can I Stop My Father In Law Interference In Our. Marriage ? by emmatok(m): 7:04pm On Jul 14, 2015
kestolove95:

LOL,
JAMB QUESTION
Re: How Can I Stop My Father In Law Interference In Our. Marriage ? by Nobody: 7:10pm On Jul 14, 2015
Your wife should be the one to act matured herhere.You need to sit her down and talk sone sense into hher.By the way it depends on the kind of quarrel.
Re: How Can I Stop My Father In Law Interference In Our. Marriage ? by jossy26: 1:40am On Jul 15, 2015
Do you work in your father inlaws company cos i dont get how he gets to know all thats happening in your house; discuss with your wife about it, she knows her dad better than you and she should be able to handle it maturely

(1) (Reply)

What's D Wosrt Thing Ur Partner Ever Called Or Responded With To U. / Abortion Or To Keep The Baby...please EXPERIENCED ANSWERS NEEDED / Igbo Man Marries Beautiful Fulani Woman In Colourful Wedding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.