Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,201 members, 7,933,971 topics. Date: Wednesday, 28 August 2024 at 03:17 PM

8 Things To Avoid At An Interview - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 8 Things To Avoid At An Interview (23410 Views)

8 Things You Can Do To Get A Job Despite Graduating With A 2.2 / 8 Things You Can Do To Get A Job Despite Graduating With A 2.2 / RECRUITMENT: Police Fixes Date For Screening Nationwide; Here Are 8 Things You M (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 8 Things To Avoid At An Interview by Mariojane(f): 1:51pm On Jul 14, 2015
eph12:
Putting on a jacket or suit is very important.
which one is jacket or suit is very important? have you never been to an interview where one of the employee suit is very rough and he even look unkempt ? undecided go with your neatly ironed shirt and tie with your fine trouser or for the ladies go with short skirt and fitted shirt.
how can you afford well tailored suit when you are struggling to survive,or should we go and borrow ni?
Re: 8 Things To Avoid At An Interview by izzy4shizzy(m): 2:07pm On Jul 14, 2015
rEinCarNaTeD1:
9. never smoke weed before an interview cool

speaking from experience ryt
Re: 8 Things To Avoid At An Interview by kenoz(m): 2:13pm On Jul 14, 2015
Thanks.
Re: 8 Things To Avoid At An Interview by effrebor(m): 3:09pm On Jul 14, 2015
Thanks for the tips
Re: 8 Things To Avoid At An Interview by eph12(m): 3:50pm On Jul 14, 2015
Mariojane:
which one is jacket or suit is very important? have you never been to an interview where one of the employee suit is very rough and he even look unkempt ? undecided go with your neatly ironed shirt and tie with your fine trouser or for the ladies go with short skirt and fitted shirt.
how can you afford well tailored suit when you are struggling to survive,or should we go and borrow ni?
Said that based on experience. Once you're employed you can decide to stay unkempt but since you're trying to gain entry first impression matters. Heed my advice especially if it's a multinational coy. Was at UAC for an interview some years back and the panel of interviewers showed their displeasure openly at the absence of a jacket among some of us. The more experienced job seekers amongst us attested to the fact that it's important for an interview. They all wore jackets. Nobody is asking anybody to own hundreds of suits. Just get one that you can wear to interviews. Hope you get ma.

1 Like

Re: 8 Things To Avoid At An Interview by Mariojane(f): 3:59pm On Jul 14, 2015
eph12:

Said that based on experience. Once you're employed you can decide to stay unkempt but since you're trying to gain entry first impression matters. Heed my advice especially if it's a multinational coy. Was at UAC for an interview some years back and the panel of interviewers showed their displeasure openly at the absence of a jacket among some of us. The more experienced job seekers amongst us attested to the fact that it's important for an interview. They all wore jackets. Nobody is asking anybody to own hundreds of suits. Just get one that you can wear to interviews. Hope you get ma.
i get sir. i did not wear jacket for my interview and i got the job. anyways jacket is okay it makes you look more presentable i am not disputing that, but when you don't have you make do with what you have.
Re: 8 Things To Avoid At An Interview by Nobody: 4:24pm On Jul 14, 2015
I add the 6th: Trust in the Lord
Re: 8 Things To Avoid At An Interview by ednut1(m): 5:22pm On Jul 14, 2015
if i never lie for interview, i for still dey jobless
Re: 8 Things To Avoid At An Interview by DAMMYORES: 5:31pm On Jul 14, 2015
To me, there is nothing like things to avoid when going for interview but grace that breaks protocols.
Re: 8 Things To Avoid At An Interview by Nobody: 5:40pm On Jul 14, 2015
DAMMYORES:
To me, there is nothing like things to avoid when going for interview but grace that breaks protocols.
You are right, but they are also relevant
Re: 8 Things To Avoid At An Interview by callonme(m): 11:05am On Jul 15, 2015
Thanks a lot...

Working had on my award-winning blog.
Re: 8 Things To Avoid At An Interview by callonme(m): 11:06am On Jul 15, 2015
Thanks a lot...

Working had on my award-winning blog.
Re: 8 Things To Avoid At An Interview by Nobody: 12:33pm On Jul 15, 2015
Noted

(1) (2) (Reply)

Possible Answers To Some Interview Questions / What Could Shade Have Done Differently To Avoid Her Current Situation???? / Is N30,000 Monthly Salary With Accommodation And Feeding Okay For A Graduate?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.