Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,852 members, 7,872,843 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 11:43 PM

!BE WARNED! 'sophisticated' Android Malware Hits Phones - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / !BE WARNED! 'sophisticated' Android Malware Hits Phones (3691 Views)

5 Signs That Show Your Android Smartphone/tablet Has Been Infected By Malware / Report Shows That Malware Hits Millions Of Android Phones / Malware Hits Millions Of Android Phones. Is Your Phone Affected? Mine Was. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

!BE WARNED! 'sophisticated' Android Malware Hits Phones by solodox(m): 11:20pm On Jul 14, 2015
Hundreds of thousands of Android
phones have been infected with
malware that uses handsets to send
spam and buy event tickets in bulk. Mobile security firm Lookout said the virus,
called NotCompatible, was the most
sophisticated it had seen. The cyberthieves behind it had recently
rewritten its core code to make it harder to
defeat, it said. Mobile malware aimed at smartphones is
steadily getting more complex, said security
company Wandera. Jeremy Linden, a security analyst at Lookout,
said: "The group behind NotCompatible are
operating on a different plane to the typical
mobile malware maker." Victims for rent Usually, he said, mobile malware campaigns
lasted only a couple of weeks but the
NotCompatible creators had been operating for
more than two years. The bug first appeared in 2012 and was now
on its third iteration, he said, adding that the
latest version had been rewritten recently and
was now as sophisticated as the malware
aimed at desktop computers. so watch that download.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: !BE WARNED! 'sophisticated' Android Malware Hits Phones by Nobody: 11:24pm On Jul 14, 2015
Re: !BE WARNED! 'sophisticated' Android Malware Hits Phones by liveyourlife: 2:23am On Jul 15, 2015
Noted. just that we Nigerians mostly can't afford to buy nice ones on the pstore
Re: !BE WARNED! 'sophisticated' Android Malware Hits Phones by solodox(m): 6:17am On Jul 15, 2015
liveyourlife:
Noted. just that we Nigerians mostly can't afford to buy nice ones on the pstore

Thats true but one can not be too careful!
Re: !BE WARNED! 'sophisticated' Android Malware Hits Phones by Lakeshizu(m): 7:17am On Jul 15, 2015
That is why i liked my windows phone..... Peace of mind to the fullest. cheesy cheesy
Re: !BE WARNED! 'sophisticated' Android Malware Hits Phones by johncreek: 7:34am On Jul 15, 2015
Am sure this phone companies are aware of this but they may choose to ignore the possibility of its advert effects.

1 Like

Re: !BE WARNED! 'sophisticated' Android Malware Hits Phones by solodox(m): 7:55am On Jul 15, 2015
Lakeshizu:
That is why i liked my windows phone..... Peace of mind to the fullest. cheesy cheesy

yup you can say that about the windows phone buh we all know that its due in part to the fact that developers target platforms that are widely used as opposed to a still growing mobile community, even on the pc front microsoft windows has more bugs than other oss out there!,

3 Likes

Re: !BE WARNED! 'sophisticated' Android Malware Hits Phones by solodox(m): 7:59am On Jul 15, 2015
johncreek:
Am sure this phone companies are aware of this but they may choose to ignore the possibility of its advert effects.

Why sure they know, buh the if you ignore it, it will go away mentallity is the norm in these companies, i am sure that they are confident that one third party developer somewhere would fix the problem...
Re: !BE WARNED! 'sophisticated' Android Malware Hits Phones by johncreek: 8:10am On Jul 15, 2015
solodox:

Why sure they know, buh the if you ignore it, it will go away mentallity is the norm in these companies, i am sure that they are confident that one third party developer somewhere would fix the problem...
That's just the point.

1 Like

Re: !BE WARNED! 'sophisticated' Android Malware Hits Phones by paranorman(m): 9:10am On Jul 15, 2015
solodox:

yup you can say that about the windows phone buh we all know that its due in part to the fact that developers target platforms that are widely used as opposed to a still growing mobile community, even on the pc front microsoft windows has more bugs than other oss out there!,
windows OS has more bugs than others out there? Nah, as at 2014.
Its Mac OS..

http://microsoft-news.com/the-most-vulnerable-operating-system-in-2014-is-apples-mac-os-x/

http://www.google.com/m?q=The+Most+Vulnerable+OS+Out+There+2014
Re: !BE WARNED! 'sophisticated' Android Malware Hits Phones by jcf(m): 10:27am On Jul 15, 2015
Is there any antivirus for it?
Re: !BE WARNED! 'sophisticated' Android Malware Hits Phones by solodox(m): 11:21am On Jul 15, 2015
jcf:
Is there any antivirus for it?
well right now we are merely being advised to thread carefully!
Re: !BE WARNED! 'sophisticated' Android Malware Hits Phones by solodox(m): 11:30am On Jul 15, 2015
paranorman:

windows OS has more bugs than others out there? Nah, as at 2014.
Its Mac OS..

http://microsoft-news.com/the-most-vulnerable-operating-system-in-2014-is-apples-mac-os-x/

http://www.google.com/m?q=The+Most+Vulnerable+OS+Out+There+2014

bro citing exploits for a single year does not make for good research material!

see: https//en.wikipedia.org/wiki/computer_virus
Re: !BE WARNED! 'sophisticated' Android Malware Hits Phones by jcf(m): 11:31am On Jul 15, 2015
solodox:

well right now we are merely being advised to thread carefully!

Thanks man.

1 Like

Re: !BE WARNED! 'sophisticated' Android Malware Hits Phones by solodox(m): 11:35am On Jul 15, 2015
jcf:

Thanks man.
anytime bruh!
Re: !BE WARNED! 'sophisticated' Android Malware Hits Phones by samsard(m): 3:23pm On Jul 15, 2015
solodox:

No matter the cheap excuse, android is not nearly as as secured as BlackBerry 10 or even Windows and iOS. There is a reason it is the only approved phone type for security conscious U.S agencies.
Re: !BE WARNED! 'sophisticated' Android Malware Hits Phones by paranorman(m): 3:49pm On Jul 15, 2015
solodox:

bro citing exploits for a single year does not make for good research material!

see: https//en.wikipedia.org/wiki/computer_virus
okay, I get you now. For the records windows's got more bugs, agreed. Currently, it's the champion.
Let's see what windows 10 has got to offer.
Re: !BE WARNED! 'sophisticated' Android Malware Hits Phones by solodox(m): 4:17pm On Jul 15, 2015
samsard:
No matter the cheap excuse, android is not nearly as as secured as BlackBerry 10 or even Windows and iOS. There is a reason it is the only approved phone type for security conscious U.S agencies.

which goes to buttress the point that the larger the platform in telephony the higher the likelyhood that it will be a target for badware development! as for the bbdev os10 i dont think its as secure as legacy versions buh the pentagon thinks its the best thing since jesus christ! smiley
Re: !BE WARNED! 'sophisticated' Android Malware Hits Phones by solodox(m): 4:26pm On Jul 15, 2015
paranorman:

okay, I get you now. For the records windows's got more bugs, agreed. Currently, it's the champion.
Let's see what windows 10 has got to offer.

we're hoping itd be as kickass as microsoft's marketers say it will be! which might actually be the long waited and much needed gamechanger... otherwise, that release might actually herald the final nail on the software giant's coffin! (the purchase of nokia was not the smartest of moves as the former ceo would tell you!) lets wish bill and his gang the best of luck.
Re: !BE WARNED! 'sophisticated' Android Malware Hits Phones by paranorman(m): 5:48pm On Jul 15, 2015
solodox:

we're hoping itd be as kickass as microsoft's marketers say it will be! which might actually be the long waited and much needed gamechanger... otherwise, that release might actually herald the final nail on the software giant's coffin! (the purchase of nokia was not the smartest of moves as the former ceo would tell you!) lets wish bill and his gang the best of luck.
If windows 10 don't do well, it won't actually be the end of windows OS; they run the gaming industry and that's a plus for'em.
With cool user interface, death of IE and great security feature, the 10 OS might just do the magic.
Besides, microsoft saw sales of none-windows products rise high and with the introduction of features like Cortana and new gadgets et al, MS is very likely to get back 'vote of confidence'.
On the preview, windows 10 looks like 7 and 8 combined, so we think we'r good. Personaly, I just hope the final release is a lot faster especially in file transfer and does not put so much burden on hardware.

When Intel releases different versions of the core-M processor, I'l get a DELL windows 10 toy.
Re: !BE WARNED! 'sophisticated' Android Malware Hits Phones by Moblord(m): 5:50pm On Jul 15, 2015
As long as Mobdro is not infected...

1 Like

Re: !BE WARNED! 'sophisticated' Android Malware Hits Phones by solodox(m): 6:12pm On Jul 15, 2015
paranorman:

If windows 10 don't do well, it won't actually be the end of windows OS; they run the gaming industry and that's a plus for'em.
With cool user interface, death of IE and great security feature, the 10 OS might just do the magic.
Besides, microsoft saw sales of none-windows products rise high and with the introduction of features like Cortana and new gadgets et al, MS is very likely to get back 'vote of confidence'.
On the preview, windows 10 looks like 7 and 8 combined, so we think we'r good. Personaly, I just hope the final release is a lot faster especially in file transfer and does not put so much burden on hardware.

When Intel releases different versions of the core-M processor, I'l get a DELL windows 10 toy.

as far as innovations go, methinks this will be their best work since win-xp my homeboi who moonlights at a software development coy in montreal. their coy conducted the win-10 initial beta testing in canada and qubec... thinks so too!
Re: !BE WARNED! 'sophisticated' Android Malware Hits Phones by solodox(m): 6:16pm On Jul 15, 2015
Moblord:
As long as Mobdro is not infected...

mobdro would be just fine so stream on!

(1) (Reply)

Which Android Phone Can I Get For Ten Thousand Naira. / Huawei Mate 8 Specs, Features And Price In Nigeria / Used Iphone 6S Plus For Sale In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.