Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,775 members, 7,945,419 topics. Date: Tuesday, 10 September 2024 at 04:52 PM

Moving Command & Control To Maiduguri Seems Counter-Productive!!!! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Moving Command & Control To Maiduguri Seems Counter-Productive!!!! (672 Views)

Buhari Approves New Rail Line From Kano To Daura, Port-Harcourt To Maiduguri / 21 Released Chibok Girls On Their Way To Maiduguri (Photo) / Drama At DSS As Marilyn Ogar Is Transferred To Maiduguri, Then Recalled (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Moving Command & Control To Maiduguri Seems Counter-Productive!!!! by KnowAll(m): 8:49pm On Jul 15, 2015
There is a saying " too many cooks spoils the brut" .Moving the the command & control centre seems to be counter-productive with the recent spate of bombings all over the NE & NW. The NE already had a full division created when the surgency got out of hand. Initially the 3rd mechanised divison in Jos were the ones handling the uprising in the NE, when the insurgency appear to be gaining more grounds than necessary the 7th Division was created out of necessity and expediency and stationed in Maiduguri.

However, when it was first created(the 7th Div ) they were losing grounds not until when they became more familair with the terrain, it was then the tide of the battle began to turn in their favour and that happened towards the end of Jonathan's regime.

Today the Command & Control centre has been ordered and has moved to Maiduguri, what this simply means is that the forward base of the soldiers on the ground would be pushed further afield deep into enemy territorty in other for the 7th Division to accomodate the Cheif of Army Staff, Chief of AirStaff , the Chief of Naval Staff, and the joint Chief of Staff not mentioning the Chief of the Nigeria Intelligence Agency among others who will possibly be joining them in the new Command & Control centre in Maiduguri.

My God feeling would be that the Commander of the 7th Division would probably have to move to a foward base like Bama Town or probably be deployed to Yola or Damatura.

In any-case the forward base of the ordinary soldiers, Private, Lance Corporal and the other other-ranks and junior officers in their company would be pushed deep into enemy territory thereby making them liable to ambushed and also making supplies and re-enforment to be a Nightmare.

Have we forgotten what happened to the Germans in the 2nd world-war when they invaded Russia and their supply lines were strecteched for 1000 miles making re-enforcement to be a Nightmare. I hope Nigeria Army and our Armed forces would not fall to this well known military mis-adventure just because the big bosses from Abuja and the Commander in Maiduguri cannot possibly be in the same location at the same time hence why I said the analogy " too many cooks spoil the brut" at the beginning of this piece

I hope we would learn from history, today I read 28 Soldiers were killed in an ambush along Maiduguri - Damaturu road, I hope such news would not charaterrized Buhari's Military mis-adventure and crass command of sending the C & C centre to Maiduguri, as it appears to me it seems Jonathan's General were more strategic in their Command & Control directive than what Buhari is advocating which seems to me more of a waterloo-in-waiting. undecided

They say a word is good for the wise.
Re: Moving Command & Control To Maiduguri Seems Counter-Productive!!!! by YoruBanger: 8:51pm On Jul 15, 2015
Na wah o. At least allow the new Sevice chiefs to settle into their new positions and execute their strategies before jumping to conclusion. Don't be a "Know All". Smh.
Re: Moving Command & Control To Maiduguri Seems Counter-Productive!!!! by KnowAll(m): 9:00pm On Jul 15, 2015
Re: Moving Command & Control To Maiduguri Seems Counter-Productive!!!! by Visocrate(m): 9:26pm On Jul 15, 2015
baba to slow this strategy no work jor
Re: Moving Command & Control To Maiduguri Seems Counter-Productive!!!! by psucc(m): 9:28pm On Jul 15, 2015
It was not the best of decisions at least within the time.

That alone created loopholes in the security settings which enables the Boko boys to expand.
Re: Moving Command & Control To Maiduguri Seems Counter-Productive!!!! by KnowAll(m): 10:21pm On Jul 15, 2015
^^^^^^^

I agree with u, d Boko boys took advantage of d forward push operating behind (not enemey since BH are d enemies) friendly lines with impunity.
Re: Moving Command & Control To Maiduguri Seems Counter-Productive!!!! by KnowAll(m): 3:13pm On Jul 20, 2015
Bomb just went off at Damaturu!!!! God save COAS shocked shocked
Re: Moving Command & Control To Maiduguri Seems Counter-Productive!!!! by Demmocrats(m): 3:14pm On Jul 20, 2015

(1) (Reply)

See The Flood In Jos Today / . / Wahala:man Eats To ‘death’ Over N625 Stake

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.