Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,520 members, 7,920,955 topics. Date: Wednesday, 14 August 2024 at 03:08 PM

Dubai Hotel Management Apologises After Staff Refuses To Serve A Nigerian Woman - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Dubai Hotel Management Apologises After Staff Refuses To Serve A Nigerian Woman (31123 Views)

Pregnant Nigerian Woman Denied Entry In To The United States (pics) / Nigerian Woman Tied With Rope In India, Sedated After She Turned Violent (video) / Nigerian Woman Saw Danfo In Houston, Texas (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dubai Hotel Management Apologises After Staff Refuses To Serve A Nigerian Woman by Nobody: 1:30pm On Jul 16, 2015
what else do you expect from Arab muslims?

1 Like

Re: Dubai Hotel Management Apologises After Staff Refuses To Serve A Nigerian Woman by tpiadotcom: 1:30pm On Jul 16, 2015
ttmacoy:
1000 likes.

And that includes discrimination based on sexual orientation.

I am not gay but I am strongly against discrimination. If it is a sin leave them to their God.

Discrimination is discrimination is discrimination. Be it sexual, religious. Racial, tribal, beliefs etc. They are all discrimination.

Gay.
Re: Dubai Hotel Management Apologises After Staff Refuses To Serve A Nigerian Woman by ttmacoy: 1:38pm On Jul 16, 2015
Hypocrite

tpiadotcom:

Gay.
Re: Dubai Hotel Management Apologises After Staff Refuses To Serve A Nigerian Woman by ooshinibos: 1:49pm On Jul 16, 2015
kliq:

True that and it's just shameful, tribalism mostly occur verbally though...we still got love for one another deep inside

true talks ..up north its a different story though ..they can be violent if you go too deep

1 Like

Re: Dubai Hotel Management Apologises After Staff Refuses To Serve A Nigerian Woman by tpiadotcom: 1:57pm On Jul 16, 2015
ttmacoy:
I'm gay and a Hypocrite

Re: Dubai Hotel Management Apologises After Staff Refuses To Serve A Nigerian Woman by ayusco85(m): 2:02pm On Jul 16, 2015
Mosh1:
...Anything just to reveal your hatred for Muslims,where is religion mention in the write-up.I know anything Islamic gives you restless night.Deal with it,nobody can help you.Did you just said Arab Muslims are the most Racist?....shm.A fact or fiction?

The truth they say is bitter like stout.
Re: Dubai Hotel Management Apologises After Staff Refuses To Serve A Nigerian Woman by ttmacoy: 2:04pm On Jul 16, 2015
Hahaha OK I give you that. Funny.

I still stand by my belief that any firm of discrimination is wrong. Racial, sexual, tribal, religious, xenophobic etc

All forms of discrimination are wrong.

[quote author=tpiadotcom post=35928904][/quote]

H.. k
Re: Dubai Hotel Management Apologises After Staff Refuses To Serve A Nigerian Woman by wisestman(m): 2:46pm On Jul 16, 2015
angry
Re: Dubai Hotel Management Apologises After Staff Refuses To Serve A Nigerian Woman by katerine7(f): 2:52pm On Jul 16, 2015
ogogoromasta:
Yet u foolish nigerians will kontinu 2 flock dere and deposit money into deir own ekonomi Lyk 2face idibia , tiwa&teebillz nd oda foolz dat go dere 4 weddin
don't mind them
Re: Dubai Hotel Management Apologises After Staff Refuses To Serve A Nigerian Woman by poseidon12: 3:35pm On Jul 16, 2015
tiffanny:
Dubai is not a racist country if am asked but all I know is that their was a misunderstanding and the managements made it up to the victim and even apologies to the lady

Did they really make it up to the victim? I don't think so. They should discipline those their racist staff, especially the managers. Then I can take their apology serious.
Re: Dubai Hotel Management Apologises After Staff Refuses To Serve A Nigerian Woman by MarieSucre(f): 4:06pm On Jul 16, 2015
ylaa:
WETIN THEM GO FIND FOR THERE? WELL SINCE THEY REFUSED TO PATRONISE OUR AGBU AND AMALA JOINT HERE, LET THEM ENJOY WHATEVER THEY SEE ABROAD. grin grin grin
Did you not read she has been living there for 10 years and owns a company there? Sister did you not read she wanted to celebrate with her friend who just graduated? Some kind unnecessary beef is uncalled for?.
Re: Dubai Hotel Management Apologises After Staff Refuses To Serve A Nigerian Woman by ylaa(f): 4:25pm On Jul 16, 2015
did i call you name? why did you read my reply? who is beefing who? abeg take your time?
MarieSucre:
Did you not read she has been living there for 10 years and owns a company there? Sister did you not read she wanted to celebrate with her friend who just graduated? Some kind unnecessary beef is uncalled for?.
Re: Dubai Hotel Management Apologises After Staff Refuses To Serve A Nigerian Woman by Fellonigerians: 6:07pm On Jul 16, 2015
olillywales:
[img]http://4.bp..com/-LDr__LXN-yg/Vadv94vSxnI/AAAAAAAF6T4/8TEur46xu9s/s1600/2980478080.jpg[/img]A Nigerian woman named Hanna Fanni was discriminated against at a hotel in Dubai on July 8th. The hotel staff at five-star hotel Mövenpick Hotel Jumeirah Beach refused to serve her and showed her the door when she visited the hotel's popular West Beach Bistro & Sports Lounge with her black American friend. The outraged Nigerian said what they did to them reminded her of 1930s America.

"They suspected us of being prostitutes and targeted us solely because of the colour of our skin. I have lived here for 10 years and have never been treated in such a disrespectful and despicable manner." Hannah said

“My friend had just graduated and we were hoping to enjoy a girls’ night out at the bar but came back traumatised. First the waitress refused to serve us and then a security guard ordered us to leave the hotel. At one stage he was ready to engage with us physically which is classified as assault and sexual harassment in UAE. He kept telling us that the bar didn’t allow unaccompanied women. I found it strange because there were several tables occupied by women. When I pointed to them, he said he was merely following orders.” Hannah said

Hannah said as things got heated, the bar manager intervened.

“I showed him my business card. When he saw it, his face contorted in panic as it dawned on him that they had racially profiled the wrong people. But instead of making amends, he said the security guard had asked us to leave as some black women had come in earlier and solicited their guests. I was stunned. Just because some black women had approached their guests, the hotel assumed we were also prostitutes.”

Hannah said, realizing their mistake, the hotel tried to make amend but they were so humiliated they had to leave

“On the way out, I stopped at the front desk and sought to speak to the duty manager but he refused to meet us. Instead a female staff came out and tried to hush up the matter saying ‘Obama is the President of US’ as if that had anything to do with us. I want the management of the hotel to realise that this isn’t 1930. This is 2015. You cannot walk up to random black women and tell them you will not serve them because they are black. I am completely flabbergasted that in this day and age the policy of an international chain is to not allow people into their bars because of the colour of their skin,” she said

Hannah, who heads an events management company later wrote to management of the hotel, asking for an apology. And they did apologize to her, calling it an unfortunate incident.

"The incident occurred purely due to the misunderstanding of the employees and we would like to clarify that there is no such management policy existent in the hotel. Mövenpick Hotel Jumeirah Beach welcomes and respect each and every guest and this incident in no way reflects our true standards of service. An official apology letter from the hotel management and employees involved has also been sent to the guest.” the management said

http://www.metronaija.com/2015/07/dubai-hotel-management-apologies-after.html

Rubbish apology... They should have given her free dinner, and made sure the duty manager delivers the coupon, the security guy opens the doors for her, and the waiter serves her...
Re: Dubai Hotel Management Apologises After Staff Refuses To Serve A Nigerian Woman by kenoz(m): 6:38pm On Jul 16, 2015
It's not their fault.
Re: Dubai Hotel Management Apologises After Staff Refuses To Serve A Nigerian Woman by Pidggin(f): 6:42pm On Jul 16, 2015
Our problem is misplaced priority. This same lady may back to Nigeria and start looking down on her fellow brothers and sisters here because she has lived in another country.We need to value our own country, no place like home.

1 Like

Re: Dubai Hotel Management Apologises After Staff Refuses To Serve A Nigerian Woman by Nobody: 6:51pm On Jul 16, 2015
teeowl:
what else do you expect from Arab muslims?

Hey could it be that she dressed like a prostitute and that's y she was treated that way?The report suggested that.

1 Like

Re: Dubai Hotel Management Apologises After Staff Refuses To Serve A Nigerian Woman by Nobody: 7:01pm On Jul 16, 2015
It's very unfortunate that we have allowed ourselves to become the scum of the earth.

While we may quickly judge the hotel staff as racist, I would lean more towards bad management than anything else.

There is an impending crisis where all the bars in Asia are crawling with Nigerian drug dealers and Kenyan/Ugandan prostitutes. Of course, There are other nationalities, but our own is too visible. we don't show any respect for the host country or for even ourselves..

In reality, Bars and hotels need drug dealers and prostitutes to nourish their business clients and they will turn a blind eye if its done in a subtle manner....Not openly. But we don't know how to behave … We just have to show ourselves and make everyone uncomfortable.

This is not racism. This is desperation and a horrible handling by management.

Unfortunately for them, they picked on the wrong woman as their scapegoat.

I remember visiting Buddha bar at the Grosvenor house in Marina. I arrived dressed in a suit and tie as i came straight from meetings... there was probably a queue of 50 European people who couldnt get in. As soon as i walked to the line, the bouncer beckoned me in. I asked him going in "shouldnt i be on a list?'' and he answered "not for you sir"

And this was at The Grosvenor house. Not everything is black or white.
Re: Dubai Hotel Management Apologises After Staff Refuses To Serve A Nigerian Woman by falseman(m): 7:34pm On Jul 16, 2015
Noted. I won't step my foot in that hotel henceforth
Re: Dubai Hotel Management Apologises After Staff Refuses To Serve A Nigerian Woman by Nobody: 8:58pm On Jul 16, 2015
If she was dressed like a prostitute, the security guys at the hotel would NOT even allow her in the first place.

danjumakolo:

Hey could it be that she dressed like a prostitute and that's y she was treated that way?The report suggested that.
Re: Dubai Hotel Management Apologises After Staff Refuses To Serve A Nigerian Woman by akigbemaru: 9:19pm On Jul 16, 2015
TWO FEMALES DENIED ENTRY INTO HOTEL IN DUBAI AND THEY BLAME IT ON RACISM.
Re: Dubai Hotel Management Apologises After Staff Refuses To Serve A Nigerian Woman by MarieSucre(f): 7:59am On Jul 17, 2015
ylaa:
did i call you name? why did you read my reply? who is beefing who? abeg take your time?
"Abeg take your time?" na threaten abi na question you dey ask?
Re: Dubai Hotel Management Apologises After Staff Refuses To Serve A Nigerian Woman by MarieSucre(f): 7:59am On Jul 17, 2015
akigbemaru:
TWO FEMALES DENIED ENTRY INTO HOTEL IN DUBAI AND THEY BLAME IT ON RACISM.
ERM! what exactly us your point.
Re: Dubai Hotel Management Apologises After Staff Refuses To Serve A Nigerian Woman by Doshmynthrill(m): 9:32pm On Jul 17, 2015
People seems shocked that there are racism in Dubai.... Trough out centuries arabs have been caleld barbarians by every single race on earth. The arabs had black slavess for 1500 years. And they killed all their slaves. Now thats a real holocaust. They also had sick torture devices set up all over the places they went. And now in theese modern times the arab has 700000 black slaves in saudi arabia. Arabs calls black people slaves everywhere. A famous "egyptian" arab sang that Blacks were monkeys recentley. In Libya arabs killed 20000 innocent black people and did other barbaric inhumane things to them. FFS over in Sudan they are riding in with horses and killing innocent tribes who are deffenceless and kidnapping and raping their daughters. And Cutting of the breasts of thoose who do not convert to islam. And you all act supprised that they refused to serve a black lady att a reasturant? What have the arabs, jews, whites done to you blacks in order for you to become so naive to these horrible facts !!!!?? Even in Sweden the fucking arabs are commiting crimes against innocent blacks. They even kicked down a hestanfell baby child. THIS WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN ! OR FORGIVEN !!!! I dont know about you blacks.. If i were you i would take Africa back and install nationalist parties in every fucking African country.

As for my Hestanfell people (half black half white) come with me and get away from this madness. Join HMTFF

Hestanfells Militant Total Freedom Front

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Tree Fell On Man's Car In Ghana (photos) / 17 Travellers Burnt To Death In Nasarawa Road Accident / The City Of Warri In Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.