Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,350 members, 7,881,296 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 04:05 PM

Pastors And Body Guards. - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastors And Body Guards. (16765 Views)

The Trichotomy Of Man: Spirit Soul And Body / Chris Okotie With Armed Guards In Church (Picture) / Nigerian Fake Pastors And Church Business Exposed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastors And Body Guards. by segyemaro(m): 3:49pm On Apr 11, 2009
Hmmmm,is it realy necessary for them to go about with body guards?we are talking of anointed men of God so to say.
Re: Pastors And Body Guards. by chichijoy: 9:25am On Apr 12, 2009
My dear, If you are looking for someone to blame, then blame your leaders. don't get me wrong. I did not say they should be walking about with bodygaurds everywhere they go; neither am I of the opinion that they should move about unaccompanied. What i'm saying is that in a situation like the one I described, there was a need for it. Your leaders travel out and they see how things are done there and I'm sure they enjoy it; cos I do. But when they come back they give guns to street boys to fight their opponent so that they can win elections. Those men of God you are talking about can afford to stay abroad and still pastor churches and have no need for fear, yet, they chose to stay back and lead their congregation at home.  Remember they are leaders, and in that part of the world; security is close to zero. Elsewhere, leaders know the value of life and people move about there daily business unaccompanied, no matter how rich. For example, two nights ago, I was with one of the senators in the country where I live two. It was very late in the night and we were all having a program and chatting just like you would with your friends over there. When it was time to go everybody went their seperate ways without fear of any kind, that is because it is a world were things are the way it should be. So however, you see it, there is nothing completely wrong with them having body gaurds if they choose to. If you want to know if Jesus had bodyguards, then take your bible and read it critically again.
Re: Pastors And Body Guards. by chichijoy: 9:28am On Apr 12, 2009
don't get me wrong. I did not say they should be walking about with bodygaurds everywhere they go; neither am I of the opinion that they should move about unaccompanied. What i'm saying is that in a situation like the one I described, there was a need for it. If you are looking for someone to blame, then blame your leaders. They travel out and they see how things are done there and they enjoy it. But when they come back they give guns to street boys to fight their opponent so that they can win elections. Those men of God you are talking about can afford to stay abroad and still pastor churches and have no need for fear, yet, they chose to stay back and lead their congregation at home.  Remember they are leaders and in that part of the world security is close to zero. Elsewhere leaders know the value of life and people move about their daily business unaccompanied, no matter how rich. For example, I was with one of the senators in the country where I live two nights ago. It was very late in the night and we were all having a program and chatting just like you would with your friends over there. When it was time to go everybody went their seperate ways without fear of any kind, that is because it is a world were things are the way it should be. So however, you see it there is nothing completely wrong with it. If you want to know if Jesus had bodyguards, then take your bible and read it critically again.
Re: Pastors And Body Guards. by drered(m): 1:57am On Apr 13, 2009
Ppl can b so myopic in dere tinkin!, *D biggest mistake given 2 sum inhabitants of planet earth is free will/speech!
Re: Pastors And Body Guards. by realpastor: 7:21am On Apr 13, 2009
How do you mean?
Re: Pastors And Body Guards. by Enockia(m): 10:20am On Apr 13, 2009
drered:

Ppl can b so myopic in dere tinkin!, *D biggest mistake given 2 sum inhabitants of planet earth is free will/speech!

i totally concor wit this guy
Re: Pastors And Body Guards. by JJYOU: 11:25am On Apr 13, 2009
chichijoy:

don't get me wrong. I did not say they should be walking about with bodygaurds everywhere they go; neither am I of the opinion that they should move about unaccompanied. What i'm saying is that in a situation like the one I described, there was a need for it. If you are looking for someone to blame, then blame your leaders. They travel out and they see how things are done there and they enjoy it. But when they come back they give guns to street boys to fight their opponent so that they can win elections. Those men of God you are talking about can afford to stay abroad and still pastor churches and have no need for fear, yet, they chose to stay back and lead their congregation at home.  Remember they are leaders and in that part of the world security is close to zero. Elsewhere leaders know the value of life and people move about their daily business unaccompanied, no matter how rich. For example, I was with one of the senators in the country where I live two nights ago. It was very late in the night and we were all having a program and chatting just like you would with your friends over there. When it was time to go everybody went their seperate ways without fear of any kind, that is because it is a world were things are the way it should be. So however, you see it there is nothing completely wrong with it. If you want to know if Jesus had bodyguards, then take your bible and read it critically again.  
thank God for another sensible mind on NL.
Re: Pastors And Body Guards. by realpastor: 10:14am On Apr 14, 2009
are sure that is enough reason to go about with body guards?
Re: Pastors And Body Guards. by otele(m): 1:35pm On Apr 14, 2009
any pastor who has bodyguards leaves us with only one conclusion: he has no faith in divine security. kaput.

weather na pope o, or archbishop of canterbury, or whoever, no faith in God's ability to secure. for goodness sake, these guys preach about God using 300 men in Gideon's army to defeat tens of thousands of midianite military. it means they dont believe in what they preach. period.

agaba my brother, you made some honest points about catholic pastors, but let me tell you this, Jesus never used his disciples as bodyguards. they were overzealous and wanted to control everything about jesus. they were not some sort of bodyguards. and who did peter chop off his ear? a slave of the captors. lol. grin thats not how body guards act. bodyguards put their own life in the line, but my man peter chose to attack a lowly slave grin he was just overzealous and wanted to show it. the previous night he had boasted that he will never abandon christ. grin

pastor wey buy gun, or get bodyguard, or whatever is just not appropriate. full stop. a pastor may have people to control who comes to see them as in being organised in managing their time, but not ''akpubis'' for security.
Re: Pastors And Body Guards. by 8oracle(m): 2:46pm On Apr 14, 2009
Only The Guilty Are Afraid, For them going to heaven they preach ain't a good place for them to be. Only for their laity who they milked dry
Re: Pastors And Body Guards. by realpastor: 5:24pm On Apr 14, 2009
8oracle i quite agree wit u
Re: Pastors And Body Guards. by segyemaro(m): 1:47pm On Apr 16, 2009
Gbam
Re: Pastors And Body Guards. by ugo2u(m): 8:07am On Apr 17, 2009
bodyguards, bodyguards, Bodyguards, smiley

man if i devoted this kind of energy to studying the word instead of argue whether it is good for pastors to have bodyguards i will be a spiritual giant by now. Please people don't waste your energy for thou shall gain nothing from this arguement.
Re: Pastors And Body Guards. by kenny888: 1:28pm On Apr 17, 2009
Na wa o
Re: Pastors And Body Guards. by marvisken: 9:57pm On Apr 18, 2009
If all these pastors believes in themselves and if they beleves that they will make heaven if they die today, then why the body guards? They are so scared of death thats why they go about with body guards and convoy.
Re: Pastors And Body Guards. by DARA1234: 11:00pm On Apr 18, 2009
If we say because our Lord Jesus never used body guards then pastors shouldnt, we might as well say pastors should walk or at the best go about on donkeys, no cars or wear only robes or not use microphones because Christ didnt.I believe we all know about the attempt on the previous pope's life by assassins, after the attempt he used his God given wisdom to get a bullet proof motocade . We live in a dangerous world, any robber, kidnapper, assassins etc will attempt to attack an unprotected pastor, the first gift given by God to the pastor is to protect himself first you only need a miracle when you cannot help yourself; then it is a miracle.Remember Daniel didnt jump into the Lion's Den he was thrown into it and God saved him, and remember the Nigerian Daniel that jumped into the Lion's cage, you know what happened.
Re: Pastors And Body Guards. by donnie(m): 12:22am On Apr 19, 2009
I think what they imply is that Christians should leave their door open at night and go to bed because angels are on guard. They should park thier cars and leave the doors open with angels on guard as they leave for the eatery.

Na so. How much money did the reverend fathers who were killed a few years ago right in their churches have?

I remembr the story about a certain lawyer who followed Pst Chris at the airport throwing insults at him at the top of his voice. Of course he didnt get any attention as according to the MOG, he didnt deserve any. So we should allow our pastors to be insulted by people whe are looking for attention or where to vent their frustrations abi? Imagine the guy grabbing and pulling at the Pst's shirt and giving him blows. Ok i should stand aside and speak in tongues abi? U try. Of course the men with Pst chris wouldnt let him come as close as that. I mean' is that not why they were employed? . . . to teach fools like that guy how to behave?

Pst Chris as we all know has enemies. The message he is called to preach and the calling with which has been called attracts persecution of the highest levels. He is unafraid to confront whatever he thinks is not of God. Be it message or ideology and that dosnt go down well with some. I remember when my dad held a common state appointment years ago. He recieved threat calls and letters. How much more one who has confronted authorities, in government, the society and even the church with the message he preaches?

It is not that he is afraid or that he requested any such securtiy. But the church leadership wouldnt even permit him to move around without. It is not wrong, it is the Spirit of greatness. I remember David's mighty men who would restrain David from going to fight. . . they said, 'lest the light of Isreal be put out'. The harvest is plenteous, we are just beginning and there is still much land to conquer. I very well know that pastor Chris knows that God does not save by sword or spear or gun. Afterall, he preaches in open air crusades a lot of times. Why fear, when your life is in God's hands. He is Jehovah saboath!

Why did Jesus escape sometimes when they wanted to kill him. he said His time had not yet come. Yes. . . but he escaped. Why did he not call down His angels or fire from heaven? Is it because he couldnt.
Re: Pastors And Body Guards. by kenny888: 6:53am On Apr 19, 2009
They are all afraid of death,for them to die and leave the wealth they ve accumulated and the dirty skeleton they have in their cupboard. When we talk on issues like dis, chris oyakhilome family will be defending him cos they know he is guilty of dis.
Re: Pastors And Body Guards. by detopshot(m): 7:18am On Apr 19, 2009
i've got no opinion on this cos i don't know who to blame. if i should, then d blame should go to our leaders 4not providing d needed security of lives n property. but wait first, have we realised that these pastors r also human. i feel they should not fear what wil kill only d flesh but that which wil kill both flesh n soul. if they're afraid of death, it means they've not recieved salvation. God help us!
Re: Pastors And Body Guards. by eghosaobas: 9:05am On Apr 19, 2009
Detopshot,i agree with you. Anyone that has salvation should not be afraid of death.
Re: Pastors And Body Guards. by banom(m): 7:28pm On Apr 19, 2009
@ Poster,

You said that JESUS had no body guards, all those twelve brutal mafians that were following him as his disciples, what were they ?

@ Topic,
as to why Pastors are now using body gurads, Any body who exploited millions of gullibles persons of their little money should be afraid that most of them are now so much disappointed that they have realised that they were decieved and exploited. that is why they are using body guards.
Re: Pastors And Body Guards. by eghosaobas: 6:27pm On Apr 20, 2009
Is that what you think?
Re: Pastors And Body Guards. by segyemaro(m): 5:28pm On Apr 24, 2009
May be
Re: Pastors And Body Guards. by kenny888: 8:22pm On May 18, 2009
marvis ken:

If all these pastors believes in themselves and if they beleves that they will make heaven if they die today, then why the body guards? They are so scared of death thats why they go about with body guards and convoy.
you are speaking my mind.
Re: Pastors And Body Guards. by realpastor: 9:10pm On May 19, 2009
The Lord is my Shephered
Re: Pastors And Body Guards. by segyemaro(m): 10:14pm On May 19, 2009
I think i will have to send some body guards to ogaga b4 realpastor would send some holy ghost fire.
Re: Pastors And Body Guards. by landwin: 11:34pm On May 19, 2009
They use bodyguards because they believe in vanity upon vanity
Re: Pastors And Body Guards. by tamashley(f): 12:27am On May 20, 2009
smileyGod bless you agaba123 and SegzyJoe, at least some evidence that some are actually studying the scriptures.

Segyemaro, home work for you  grin:
Mathew19:13; 2Samuel21:15-17;John18:10. Study to show yourself approved a workman that needs not to be ashamed - correctly analyzing and accurately dividing the word of truth [KJV&Amplified].

There is more than enough evidence in the scriptures that men of God in the old and new testament sections of the bible did not walk around alone. The bible admonishes us to be wise as serpents but as harmless as doves Mathew10:16 and in verse 17, he says , but beware of men. Even Jesus as was correctly noted, did not always confront his adversaries, on several occasions, he escaped John10:39. Paul the Apostle did the same Acts9:23-25.

It's important to note that the term bodyguard was not a part of old or new testament vocabulary, this is probably why you can't find the term. So next time, STUDY!!!

Tammy Ashley
http://uspeakoutnow./
Re: Pastors And Body Guards. by segyemaro(m): 6:26am On May 20, 2009
Tamashly,you are getting all wrong. Jesus Christ talked on being a servant leader which He was. Do you know that Jesus was hardly recognised amongst his disciples because there was no flamboyancy in Him. He can afford to live a wealthy life but he chose to come down to the level of the commoners,thats why those that crucified him hardly recognised him among his disciples,thats why judas the iscariot chose to show him to them by kissing him. So who among your so called pastors would be a servant leader? Is it the pastor that somebody is helping him to carry his bible, his briefcase that would be a servant leader? Or the pastor despite the fact that they pretend to be heaven's candidate but they are scare of death most if not are they going about with body guards or in convoy? If they a sure of heaven they should not be scared of death. Can they ever be a SERVANNT LEADER?
Re: Pastors And Body Guards. by Tudor3(m): 9:19am On May 20, 2009
I concur,oyedepo and others please repent.
Re: Pastors And Body Guards. by chidichris(m): 10:37am On May 20, 2009
I have read the Bible from Genesis to Revelation,but still i could not find were Jesus Christ and even the Prophets that came before him had body guards.But that is synonymous with all our present days pastors,they all move with group of body guards,you are not allowed to have easy access to them,cos if you tried the body guards will rough handle you. I have sat down and thought over all these but i can not realy placed my mind on the reason why they are doing this. if disables can gain easy access to Jesus,then why not these pastors that call themselves God representative here on earth,pls let pounder over this,What could be the cause?

@poster,
the bible is not like everyother book so the act of reading from genesis to revelution is very different from understanding the contents.
did u read Mathew 19 : 13-14?
mathew 19 :13 - then were they brought unto him little children, that he shld put his hands on them, and pray; and the disciples rebuked them
14- But Jesus said, suffer little children , and forbid them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven.

what is the lesson here? the disciples were before him and they were there to stop or to prevent people coming close to him. there is another place in the bible where a sick man(the blind baltimaeus) was shouting on top of his voice. many were trying to stop him but he refused and continued until Jesus asked that he be brought to him.

it is obvious that many will come in his namebut there is no place in the bible that says non will worship him in truth.
it is not our duty to judge these so called men of God rather God's duty.

if in ur process of reading from genesis to revelution, u came across the arrest of Jesus Christ, u will for sure see peter playing the role of a body guard when he used his sword to cut off marcus' ear. it was Jesus who asked peter to put back his sword in its case.

the issues of body guards with our men of God have different implications but with the situation in nigeria warrants that they have guards arround them at least let the crowd stay away from them.
Re: Pastors And Body Guards. by Lcoolbabe(f): 12:19pm On May 20, 2009
angryWOE TO ALL PASTORS WHO USE BODY GUARDS FOR THEY DO NOT HAVE FAITH IN THE LORD. angry

ANY HOW DEM DO AM, ONE DAY DEM GO DIE cry embarassed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

I Am No Longer A Theist / Issele Asagba: Catholic Priest Kidnapped By Gunmen For The Second Time In Delta / I Cannot Reject Aircraft Gift –S.K Abiara

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.