Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,698 members, 7,965,645 topics. Date: Thursday, 03 October 2024 at 05:43 PM

Pastors At Garages/Motor Parks - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastors At Garages/Motor Parks (2329 Views)

Shocked! My Cousin Bro Died Of Motor Accident But His Spirit Is Disturbing / Photo: Court Sentences Two Pastors To 7 Years Imprisonment For Stealing N32M / Are Nigerian Pastors Deceiving Nigerians? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastors At Garages/Motor Parks by solosimple(m): 11:51am On May 25, 2009
Pastor: I cover the driver with the blood of Je**s

Passengers: Blooooood of Je**s

Pastor: I cover the engine with the blood of Je**s

Passengers: bloooooood of Je**s

Pastor: I cover the road and the tyres with the blood of Je**s

Passengers: Blooooood of Je**s

Pastor: I cover everyone in this bus with the blood of je**s

Passengers: Bloood of Je**s
Man, u got me cracking grin grin grin

If the bus together with the engine is covered with blood, that's a clear signal to quickly jump down and look for a clean one. One can be sure of a safe journey with a clean bus than one that is soaked in Blood. grin grin grin

To be Frank, those guys are just taking advantages of the many ignorant folks out there. Too bad!
Re: Pastors At Garages/Motor Parks by segyemaro(m): 5:09pm On May 25, 2009
Correct
Re: Pastors At Garages/Motor Parks by banom(m): 6:15pm On May 25, 2009
what they do is quite ridiculous but my fear is that when they finaly have their way through many Nigerians and start over seeing big churches,build expensive universities, buy private jets, some people will now start seeing them as untouchable saints, any one who renders any critisism will now be called God hater by some of those who are presentlty talking against them.
Re: Pastors At Garages/Motor Parks by manmustwac(m): 8:17pm On May 25, 2009
segyemaro:

na man must wack pastor be dat ooooooooooo
Yes oh! Every man must eat every man must survive. man must wack
Re: Pastors At Garages/Motor Parks by eghosaobas: 5:55pm On May 29, 2009
oroposikatabariba
Re: Pastors At Garages/Motor Parks by segyemaro(m): 5:50pm On May 30, 2009
Na wetin dat one mean?
Re: Pastors At Garages/Motor Parks by yommyuk: 3:01am On Jun 03, 2009
I see it this way

They are already getting their reward on earth. smiley
Re: Pastors At Garages/Motor Parks by arowolo888: 6:47pm On Jun 04, 2009
are you sure?
Re: Pastors At Garages/Motor Parks by yommyuk: 9:48pm On Jun 04, 2009
Prov 11:18
The wicked man earns deceptive wages, but he who sows righteousness reaps a sure reward.

Matthew 6;5
And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by men. I tell you the truth, they have received their reward in full

Rev 22;12
"Behold, I am coming soon! My reward is with me, and I will give to everyone according to what he has done.
Re: Pastors At Garages/Motor Parks by omoruyilag: 4:45pm On Jun 05, 2009
were is pilgrim?you can as well say its scriptural for all those tout in the garages pretending to be pastors to be collecting money from passengers.
Re: Pastors At Garages/Motor Parks by pilgrim1(f): 4:47pm On Jun 05, 2009
omoruyilag:

were is pilgrim?you can as well say its scriptural for all those tout in the garages pretending to be pastors to be collecting money from passengers.

Have I said so? Why don't go over and show in the other thread the accusations you made?
Re: Pastors At Garages/Motor Parks by ajokeakin: 5:07pm On Jun 05, 2009
hmmmm
Re: Pastors At Garages/Motor Parks by realpastor: 12:19pm On Jun 13, 2009
i saw one two days ago when i was going to kano from lagos,the so called pastor at ojota was insisting that we should pay our tithes to him if we had it with us,that God will double it for us,i just looked at him and shook my head while others started to insult all men of God,which was wrong
Re: Pastors At Garages/Motor Parks by touchmeder: 2:15pm On Jun 13, 2009
It is shameful to say the least
it belittles the body of christ
i cant count the number of times ive witnessed this (all manner of people doing this)
they expect to be paid for the prayers and someone said something
passengers are scared, they feel the prayers will gurantee them a safe journey(which as a child of God u already have in Jesus name) for which they need to recipocate in equal measure
Re: Pastors At Garages/Motor Parks by segyemaro(m): 8:16pm On Jun 13, 2009
I agree with u, about 70% of passengers are scared that they might not get to their destinations and these touts calling themselves pastors capitalizes on that
Re: Pastors At Garages/Motor Parks by osaromike: 11:43am On May 07, 2010
touchmeder:

It is shameful to say the least
it belittles the body of christ
i cant count the number of times ive witnessed this (all manner of people doing this)
they expect to be paid for the prayers and someone said something
passengers are scared, they feel the prayers will gurantee them a safe journey(which as a child of God u already have in Jesus name) for which they need to recipocate in equal measure

Fine .all these old thread are more intresting than all these meaningless new threads.
Re: Pastors At Garages/Motor Parks by realpastor: 3:20pm On May 07, 2010
Just yesterday at owo market,ondo state,i saw a man dressed on white robe going from shade to shade for a fee,so you can see the world we are in.
Re: Pastors At Garages/Motor Parks by rotimy(m): 5:17pm On May 07, 2010
@ posters,
I have encountered these men and women all over the various cities in Nigeria. Some are Pastors. others are Evangelists while others are just lay men. Their tactics might be unethical but not sinful! I have never seen any of them threatening the passengers or pointing guns are them to give them money! The level of hardship in this country is too much, some of these people we are now roasting are jobless family men. Some are now saying, support me for my transport back and my family! It takes a humble man to beg in public. Yes, they are far better than the armed robbers, kidnappers, yahoo boys, greedy politicians and ritualistic vampire. If you like give to them, if not, let them be!
The first poster that refers them as junior pastors is very ignorant and to say all elderly Pastors are brain washing people is not right! Are Nigerian roads really safe for journeys? We all need prayers, weather on the roads, air or sea!
Re: Pastors At Garages/Motor Parks by eghosaobas: 11:57am On May 08, 2010
Rotimy,they must'nt force out money from the passengers but will brain wash them into giving money.
Re: Pastors At Garages/Motor Parks by rotimy(m): 4:22pm On May 13, 2010
eghosaobas:

Rotimy,they must'nt force out money from the passengers but will brain wash them into giving money.
They don't force money from people. Do they use guns? They only tell people to give to them and many simply ignore them!
Re: Pastors At Garages/Motor Parks by segyemaro(m): 4:24pm On May 24, 2010
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Re: Pastors At Garages/Motor Parks by pstbolanta: 10:07pm On May 25, 2010
May God help us.
Re: Pastors At Garages/Motor Parks by Jenwitemi(m): 8:11am On May 26, 2010
Na survival business now! People should just leave them alone with their survival bizz. If you can, give. If you can't, then ignore.
Re: Pastors At Garages/Motor Parks by Nobody: 9:49am On May 26, 2010
Jenwitemi:

Na survival business now! People should just leave them alone with their survival bizz. If you can, give. If you can't, then ignore.
this country is quite insane, and in very big ways. It isn't about giving or not. It's about what's true and proper. Do you think it's the pastor's prayers that will ensure a "safe journey" or the driver's carefulness? Oh my, what we give priorities in this country!
Re: Pastors At Garages/Motor Parks by Nobody: 9:51am On May 26, 2010
Jenwitemi:

this country is quite insane, and in very big ways. It isn't about giving or not. It's about what's true and proper. Do you think it's the pastor's prayers that will ensure a "safe journey" or the driver's carefulness? Oh my, what we give priorities in this country!
Re: Pastors At Garages/Motor Parks by ajokeakin: 9:55am On May 26, 2010
You are very correct my brother
Re: Pastors At Garages/Motor Parks by CareTaker1(m): 12:07pm On May 26, 2010
Pastors, wether in the garage or motor parks should not make you to think you are wiser than anyone else. They may be real or they may be fake/faulse it does not matter much. What matters most is what you have been doing with the word of God you have been hearing or what you do with the word of God you hear. You are disqualified for a judge over who is doing it right or wrong. [b]Use your mouth and your head wisel[/b]y. Be careful what you say, words are also judged and there are repercusions for vain words, careless words. You can ask God whatever question you have, God answers, you can decide not to go to the church with an offering if that suites you right, or atleast until you understand what is happening.

God bless you all.
Re: Pastors At Garages/Motor Parks by ajokeakin: 3:33pm On May 26, 2010
U do well

(1) (2) (Reply)

Patience: The Gap Between Promise And Manifestation / The Spiritual Danger Of Having Unholy Sex / "If Abortion Is Murder, Why Do Some Christians Defend It?"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.