Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,562 members, 7,914,454 topics. Date: Thursday, 08 August 2024 at 05:54 AM

How Does Free Web Services Make Income?? E.g Olx - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How Does Free Web Services Make Income?? E.g Olx (1138 Views)

I Want To Start An Olx Like Websitee Please Suggest Good Naija Host / Goodnews To All Bloggers Who Are Willing To Make Income Online / How Does Adsense Works???...high Traffic High Pay? Or Depending On The Niche. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Does Free Web Services Make Income?? E.g Olx by PulseWeb: 5:42pm On Jul 16, 2015
a client of mine just called me and ask how does olx and other websites that offers free Web services make there money because he has a project he wants to embark on but wants to make it free so that Nigerians can use it.

I told him I will get back to him cus I was on transit. Please can someone share light on this.

1 Like

Re: How Does Free Web Services Make Income?? E.g Olx by orogodoganyin(m): 6:32pm On Jul 16, 2015
if d traffic is huge, adverts will b expensive...
Re: How Does Free Web Services Make Income?? E.g Olx by PulseWeb: 10:00pm On Jul 16, 2015
orogodoganyin:
if d traffic is huge, adverts will b expensive...
olx does not offer advert
Re: How Does Free Web Services Make Income?? E.g Olx by orogodoganyin(m): 10:16pm On Jul 16, 2015
PulseWeb:
olx does not offer advert
u only mentioned olx as an example nd i gave a general thing
Re: How Does Free Web Services Make Income?? E.g Olx by PulseWeb: 10:33pm On Jul 16, 2015
orogodoganyin:

u only mentioned olx as an example nd i gave a general thing
I said olx and other free web services..

he ruled out advert....
Re: How Does Free Web Services Make Income?? E.g Olx by orogodoganyin(m): 10:44pm On Jul 16, 2015
PulseWeb:
I said olx and other free web services..
he ruled out advert....
sowwie
Re: How Does Free Web Services Make Income?? E.g Olx by bedfordng(m): 11:11pm On Jul 16, 2015
olx have adsense running on their platform.they also offer featured contents ads which is premium..most classified ads offer featured contents as premium ads and also run adsense.they are not charity business.there is always a way a free site generates income and one of them is premium ads
Re: How Does Free Web Services Make Income?? E.g Olx by PulseWeb: 11:15pm On Jul 16, 2015
pls can u show me the adsense or where the premium contents are on their website.

thank u
bedfordng:
olx have adsense running on their platform.they also offer featured contents ads which is premium..most classified ads offer featured contents as premium ads and also run adsense.they are not charity business.there is always a way a free site generates income and one of them is premium ads
Re: How Does Free Web Services Make Income?? E.g Olx by bedfordng(m): 11:27pm On Jul 16, 2015
PulseWeb:
pls can u show me the adsense or where the premium contents are on their website.

thank u
visit their site via pc and look at the footer area and also the contents listed at the top amongs the posted ads by people.you will see the ads
Re: How Does Free Web Services Make Income?? E.g Olx by PulseWeb: 11:40pm On Jul 16, 2015
i didnt see anything on olx. com.ng

bedfordng:
visit their site via pc and look at the footer area and also the contents listed at the top amongs the posted ads by people.you will see the ads
Re: How Does Free Web Services Make Income?? E.g Olx by bedfordng(m): 11:47pm On Jul 16, 2015
PulseWeb:
i didnt see anything on olx. com.ng

you won't notice it because they blend with the colour of the site.most of what you think is posted by people are ads.just click and you will see where it will redirect you to.am not on pc else i would have made a screenshot.if you don't want to click, just over your mouse on it, then look at the down left corner of the browser, you will see where the link is pointing to, you will see something like google ads service
Re: How Does Free Web Services Make Income?? E.g Olx by PulseWeb: 11:59pm On Jul 16, 2015
bedfordng:
you won't notice it because they blend with the colour of the site.most of what you think is posted by people are ads.just click and you will see where it will redirect you to.am not on pc else i would have made a screenshot.if you don't want to click, just over your mouse on it, then look at the down left corner of the browser, you will see where the link is pointing to, you will see something like google ads service

Re: How Does Free Web Services Make Income?? E.g Olx by bedfordng(m): 10:36am On Jul 17, 2015
[quote author=PulseWeb post=35949359][/quote]this is what you will do, click on any categories, maybe computer category, the top listed ads you will see there is mostly featured advert.most of them don't have images.check via pc.when you click any of the top listed ads, it will take you to another site instead of olx.
Re: How Does Free Web Services Make Income?? E.g Olx by PulseWeb: 4:19pm On Jul 17, 2015
please can anybody share more light on this topic
Re: How Does Free Web Services Make Income?? E.g Olx by PulseWeb: 2:12pm On Jul 21, 2015
can somebody share ideas on this please

(1) (Reply)

Are You A Blogger Or Plan To Start A Blog, Get This Domain Name For FREE / Steps To Submit Sitemap To Webmastertool For Your Site To Be Listed In Google / Am i the first female to own a forum in Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.