Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,758 members, 7,952,112 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 10:52 AM

Buhari Dissolves Boards Of Federal Parastatals, Agencies - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Dissolves Boards Of Federal Parastatals, Agencies (39715 Views)

Budget: Heads May Roll In Govt Parastatals, Agencies / Buhari Dissolves AMCON, Appoints Ahmed Lawan Kuru as MD / President Buhari Dissolves NNPC Board Of Directors - NTA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Dissolves Boards Of Federal Parastatals, Agencies by baralatie(m): 11:31pm On Jul 16, 2015
Orikinla:
[size=18pt]Many ignoramuses forget that PMB has only been in office for less than 40 days and this is democracy and not a military regime.
He cannot take dictatorial actions.[/size]
Una never chee chomchin!
Re: Buhari Dissolves Boards Of Federal Parastatals, Agencies by mensdept: 11:33pm On Jul 16, 2015
He is continuing on as if it were 1985 all over again.
Re: Buhari Dissolves Boards Of Federal Parastatals, Agencies by nairamaniac: 11:36pm On Jul 16, 2015
please can a wise person in this thread tell Me which paralstatals, agencies and institutions he's referring to? and he also made exemptions for federal bodies that were established under the 1999 constitution. where does a commission like NDDC stand. I'm asking cause most people say NDDC is a commission and not a parastatal or ministry or agency. Can someone tell me examples of the ones that were dissolved.
Re: Buhari Dissolves Boards Of Federal Parastatals, Agencies by sepulara72: 11:59pm On Jul 16, 2015
I am very happy that Federal Boards have finally been dissolved. We, the entire staff of Federal Neuropsychiatric Hospital, Enugu have really suffered under our now dissolved Board under the chairmanship of one ACHOR NWAKANMA, a one-time Deputy Governor of Abia State. I am really grateful to PMB. God Almighty has answered our prayers. Glory to His name. "Now, Dr. Jojo Ugochukwu Onwukwe, the Medical Director, let us see who you will hide under now". The day of judgement is here.
Re: Buhari Dissolves Boards Of Federal Parastatals, Agencies by austelright(m): 12:36am On Jul 17, 2015
Carry go my president Nigerians knows why they voted you in to govern them.
Re: Buhari Dissolves Boards Of Federal Parastatals, Agencies by Nobody: 1:47am On Jul 17, 2015
quote author= post=35939442]We voted Buhari, but Mumu-lahri.

Oya fill those positions with your presidential cows i guess, and that will take him centuries again because he's BABA_GO_SLOW.[/quote
Re: Buhari Dissolves Boards Of Federal Parastatals, Agencies by kinethic: 3:44am On Jul 17, 2015
I don't know why so much rumbling and babbling about Buhari.
I don't know the age group or mental understanding of anyone that is raining abuse on this man.
Nigerians are so shortsighted that they don't comprehend the massive decay in our nation today . We are in transition, that is how it should be.
When you clean your house you usually sweep, clean all corners to make sure everything is sparkling! Right?
Why can't we put on our right mental faculty to understand the process of development .
You can't rush it, you can't rush it, white wash it!
We are expecting much and hate to understand much about right governance. There are principles and paths for development in every Country. We need patience and observance.
Cleansing is not comfortable especially with a whip but with substantial benefit at the end.
He is slow but steady .
Re: Buhari Dissolves Boards Of Federal Parastatals, Agencies by jeje123(m): 4:03am On Jul 17, 2015
brooklyn49:

the one that instigated violence that claimed so many lives in 2011
which degenerated to what u guys are still suffering from now?

instead of me to take proud in such a father I'd rather be fatherless
#spits
Everybody has his/her own past and by nature our past is older than us while opportunity of present will speak louder about us my broda lets learn to forget about d past so dat we can move-on!
Re: Buhari Dissolves Boards Of Federal Parastatals, Agencies by biotechshola(m): 6:10am On Jul 17, 2015
Olamitisoji:
We voted Buhari, but Mumu-lahri.

Oya fill those positions with your presidential cows i guess, and that will take him centuries again because he's BABA_GO_SLOW.

some nigerians are so much used to bad govt nd corupt life style dat dey cnt even recognise good tin.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Dissolves Boards Of Federal Parastatals, Agencies by Lincoln275(m): 7:28am On Jul 17, 2015
Freemanan:
undecided
We gat to do something about u and that introvert, una no get work?
Re: Buhari Dissolves Boards Of Federal Parastatals, Agencies by Nobody: 7:40am On Jul 17, 2015
Lincoln275:

We gat to do something about u and that introvert, una no get work?
You share a lastname with a Great man... Don't Let him down Mate...

1 Like

Re: Buhari Dissolves Boards Of Federal Parastatals, Agencies by ayeniblessing(m): 8:40am On Jul 17, 2015
tete7000:
How many appointments will the President make at once? I believe this dissolution should have been done gradually. Ministers are yet to be announced, ambassadors recalled, NNPC board remain dissolved and now all parastatals, agencies and institutions boards have all been dissolved. The President needs to do these things softly softly in my opinion.
u may be right..... But then what impact has these dissolved parastatals head had on Nigeria....... If u voted for pmb trust me you will never regret it....... We are heading to see a new Nigeria
Re: Buhari Dissolves Boards Of Federal Parastatals, Agencies by dawtune(m): 9:41am On Jul 17, 2015
nairamaniac:
please can a wise person in this thread tell Me which paralstatals, agencies and institutions he's referring to? and he also made exemptions for federal bodies that were established under the 1999 constitution. where does a commission like NDDC stand. I'm asking cause most people say NDDC is a commission and not a parastatal or ministry or agency. Can someone tell me examples of the ones that were dissolved.
NDDC was part of the boards that was dissolved. The Exemptions are RMAFC, National Population Commission, Code of Conduct Bereau, Federal Character Commission, Federal Civil Service Commission, Fed Judicial service commission etc.
Re: Buhari Dissolves Boards Of Federal Parastatals, Agencies by FreddywellsNGN(m): 9:50am On Jul 17, 2015
...Since he made exceptions for federal bodies established under the 1999 constitution ,is NECO , ,for example affected by this dissolution?NLs should guide me accordingly..
Re: Buhari Dissolves Boards Of Federal Parastatals, Agencies by dawtune(m): 10:26am On Jul 17, 2015
FreddywellsNGN:
...Since he made exceptions for federal bodies established under the 1999 constitution ,is NECO , ,for example affected by this dissolution?NLs should guide me accordingly..
Although NECO wasn't part of the boards mentioned, it is a sub-stratum of the National Board of Education Measurements. NECO isn't part of the exempted boards. Read here: http://www.punchng.com/news/buhari-sacks-agencies-boards-nimasa-boss/

1 Like

Re: Buhari Dissolves Boards Of Federal Parastatals, Agencies by nairamaniac: 10:48am On Jul 17, 2015
[quote author=dawtune post=35957936][/quote] please do you have a response to my enquiry?
Re: Buhari Dissolves Boards Of Federal Parastatals, Agencies by Eddodoh(m): 11:55am On Jul 17, 2015
melzabull:
Obviously this Buhari thinks its by gara gara
But u guys said dat he is slow. Now he is duin gara gara. Chaiiii!!!
Re: Buhari Dissolves Boards Of Federal Parastatals, Agencies by tete7000(m): 11:55am On Jul 17, 2015
ayeniblessing:
u may be right..... But then what impact has these dissolved parastatals head had on Nigeria....... If u voted for pmb trust me you will never regret it....... We are heading to see a new Nigeria

My fear is when appointments are accumulated, filling them at once might present a big challenge. As per whether they have impact, I ll say they are offices created with distinct functions and responsibilities that are meant to function and contribute to the whole system of governance. They are part of a chain without which the overall system is not expected to function appropriately. If these offices are just declared vacant and are not filled on time someway we will create vacuums and jeopardise the effective working of system of governance. That really is my opinion except if someone can tell me the law which created these offices didn't really have any functions in mind for them.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Dissolves Boards Of Federal Parastatals, Agencies by dawtune(m): 8:44pm On Jul 17, 2015
nairamaniac:
please do you have a response to my enquiry?
. Yes, NDDC was part of the board that was dissolved... The affected federal parastatals, agencies and institutions include the Securities and Exchange Commission being chaired by the former governor of Anambra State, Mr. Peter Obi; the Nigerian Railway Corporation, which has a former National Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party, Dr. Bamanga Tukur, as its chairman; the Nigeria Communications Commission, chaired by Mr. Peter Igoh; the Nigeria Christian Pilgrims Commission, which is chaired by the Primate of the Church of Nigeria, Anglican Communion, Most Revd. Nicholas Okoh; and the Infrastructure Concessionary and Regulatory Commission, chaired by Senator Ken Nnamani.

Others are the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission; the Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Commission; Niger Delta Development Commission, National Universities Commission; Nigeria Customs Service; National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control; Nigeria Boundary Commission; the Nigerian Shippers’ Council; the National Youth Service Corps; Nigerian Television Authority; the Raw Materials Research and Development Council and National Lottery Regulation Commission and the National Educational Research and Development Council.

Also on the list are the boards of the National Pension Commission, the Nigeria Investment Promotion Commission, the National Human Rights Commission, the National Sports Commission, and the National Institute of Sports.

Others are the Federal Housing Authority, Upper Niger River Basin Development Authority, Lower Niger River Basin Development Authority, Ogun-Osun River Basin Development Authority, Benin-Owena River Basin Development Authority, Niger Delta River Basin Development Authority, Cross River Basin Development Authority, Chad Basin Development Authority, Hadeja-Jama’are River Basin Development Authority, Sokoto Rima River Basin Development Authority, Anambra-Imo River Basin Authority, Upper Benue River Basin Development Authority and Lower Benue River Basin Development Authority.

Also affected are the National Teachers’ Institute, National Veterinary Research Institute, National Agriculture Extension and Research Liaison, Institute for Agricultural Research and Training, Institute for Agricultural Research, Federal Institute for Industrial Research, Advertising Practitioners’ Council of Nigeria, Industrial Training Fund, Nigerian College of Aviation Technology, and the National Directorate of Employment and all federal institutions of higher learning among others.

The Federal Executive Bodies not affected by the dissolution are the Code of Conduct Bureau, Council of State, Federal Character Commission, Federal Civil Service Commission, and the Federal Judicial Service Commission.

Other are the Independent National Electoral Commission, National Defence Council, National Economic Council, National Judicial Council, National Population Commission, National Security Council, and the Nigeria Police Council.

The remaining two are the Police Service Commission and the Revenue Mobilisation Allocation and Fiscal Commission.
Re: Buhari Dissolves Boards Of Federal Parastatals, Agencies by nairamaniac: 11:36am On Jul 18, 2015
dawtune:
. Yes, NDDC was part of the board that was dissolved... The affected federal parastatals, agencies and institutions include the Securities and Exchange Commission being chaired by the former governor of Anambra State, Mr. Peter Obi; the Nigerian Railway Corporation, which has a former National Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party, Dr. Bamanga Tukur, as its chairman; the Nigeria Communications Commission, chaired by Mr. Peter Igoh; the Nigeria Christian Pilgrims Commission, which is chaired by the Primate of the Church of Nigeria, Anglican Communion, Most Revd. Nicholas Okoh; and the Infrastructure Concessionary and Regulatory Commission, chaired by Senator Ken Nnamani.

Others are the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission; the Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Commission; Niger Delta Development Commission, National Universities Commission; Nigeria Customs Service; National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control; Nigeria Boundary Commission; the Nigerian Shippers’ Council; the National Youth Service Corps; Nigerian Television Authority; the Raw Materials Research and Development Council and National Lottery Regulation Commission and the National Educational Research and Development Council.

Also on the list are the boards of the National Pension Commission, the Nigeria Investment Promotion Commission, the National Human Rights Commission, the National Sports Commission, and the National Institute of Sports.

Others are the Federal Housing Authority, Upper Niger River Basin Development Authority, Lower Niger River Basin Development Authority, Ogun-Osun River Basin Development Authority, Benin-Owena River Basin Development Authority, Niger Delta River Basin Development Authority, Cross River Basin Development Authority, Chad Basin Development Authority, Hadeja-Jama’are River Basin Development Authority, Sokoto Rima River Basin Development Authority, Anambra-Imo River Basin Authority, Upper Benue River Basin Development Authority and Lower Benue River Basin Development Authority.

Also affected are the National Teachers’ Institute, National Veterinary Research Institute, National Agriculture Extension and Research Liaison, Institute for Agricultural Research and Training, Institute for Agricultural Research, Federal Institute for Industrial Research, Advertising Practitioners’ Council of Nigeria, Industrial Training Fund, Nigerian College of Aviation Technology, and the National Directorate of Employment and all federal institutions of higher learning among others.

The Federal Executive Bodies not affected by the dissolution are the Code of Conduct Bureau, Council of State, Federal Character Commission, Federal Civil Service Commission, and the Federal Judicial Service Commission.

Other are the Independent National Electoral Commission, National Defence Council, National Economics Council, National Judicial Council, National Population Commission, National Security Council, and the Nigeria Police Council.

The remaining two are the Police Service Commission and the Revenue Mobilisation Allocation and Fiscal Commission.
Thanx! I also saw the list. specifically from punchng.com. but there was a quoted exception

"the dissolution does not affect Federal Executive Bodies listed in the 1999 Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria".

My question is , what are the federal executive bodies that are listed in the 1999 constitution?

I ask becos NDDC is an act that been passed in the amended 2000 constitution. meaning its been passed in the constitution.

okay can u please name some examples of government bodies that are excluded in this dissolution?
Re: Buhari Dissolves Boards Of Federal Parastatals, Agencies by dawtune(m): 11:16am On Jul 26, 2015
Sorry for my late reply. The amended act is the NDDC act. These are the Federal Executive Bodies listed in the 1999 constitution

Code of Conduct Bureau

Council of State

Federal Character Commission

Federal Civil Service Commission

Federal Judicial Service Commission

Independent National Electoral Commission

National Defence Council

National Economic Council

National Judicial Council

National Population Commission

National Security Council

Nigeria Police Council

Police Service Commission

Revenue Mobilisation Allocation and Fiscal Commission. These aforementioned are the boards listed in the 1999 Constitution. http://www.nigeria-law.org/ConstitutionOfTheFederalRepublicOfNigeria.htm#Arrangement_of_Sections

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

You Acted Like An Errand Boy: Court Dismisses Keyamo's SPV Suit Against Atiku / Port Harcourt Soot In Pictures: Photos Of Bunkery Boat Destroyed This Morning.. / Yahaya Bello Explains Why Fani-Kayode Did Not Join APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.