Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,181 members, 7,880,682 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 02:04 AM

Do First Impressions Really Matter? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Do First Impressions Really Matter? (1065 Views)

What Is The Ideal Age Gap If Age Really Matter In Relationships? / When Size Doesn't Matter: Pre-Wedding Photos / Does It Really Matter How A Man Proposes? (Snapshot) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do First Impressions Really Matter? by Cutehector(m): 9:01pm On Jul 16, 2015
So my question to you is this: do first impressions really matter?

As the old saying goes "you only get one chance to make a first impression," and often times it is the perception of appearance that determines whether or not you are even afforded the opportunity to get up to bat. The truth is that most people when first meeting someone will quickly attempt to size them up. Whether consciously, or unconsciously, they will make quick assessment of what they percieve u to be.

So over to you... Do u think first impression matters? Be it in dating, work places, social outing etc.. Whateva ur answer may be, bak it up wit a reason

Cc; lalasticlala, ishilove
Re: Do First Impressions Really Matter? by lative(m): 9:02pm On Jul 16, 2015
it does..ALOT
Re: Do First Impressions Really Matter? by Nairalander01: 9:16pm On Jul 16, 2015
grin
Re: Do First Impressions Really Matter? by Olami90: 9:18pm On Jul 16, 2015
cool It does matter.

D way u dress is d way u will be addressed. U won't expect an interviewer to take u serious if u appear untidy or dressed shabbily (for wotever rison mayb u are keepin a particular shirt for christmas or eid-el-fitr, chlidren mentality). Even comin later dan d time u were suppose to b there.

How do u want to convince a babe u met for d first time dat u aren't a chronic smoker wen ur eye balls are red dan heated coal, smells of alcohol?just dat one time. She is most likely not gonna see u again.if u dnt rep well, there way she is gonna feel safe for continuity

Wen I was in school, I neva knew one of my lecturer was going to ask me to rep him somwia.Imagine I dressed anyhw, I wldn't av bin opportune to b there.meanwhile I benefitted too.

Most of times, we don't av more dan enuf time to prove who we are or capable of doing better.

Lastly, our immediate president is a good example. He had enuf time buh messed up nd got booted.no sane nigerian wanna risk anoda tenure of extreme lack, insecurity $ corruption.
Re: Do First Impressions Really Matter? by Nobody: 9:22pm On Jul 16, 2015
what am i even reading
Re: Do First Impressions Really Matter? by Nobody: 9:28pm On Jul 16, 2015
first impression really does matter, like you said ''you only have one chance to make the impression''. It surely determines how people will see you after then, maybe with disgust, love, hatred.......and it will take a lot to change the impressions they've had on you after the first meeting.
Re: Do First Impressions Really Matter? by kellyJames5(m): 9:28pm On Jul 16, 2015
Oga
You asked a question
you should have allowed us to answer. cry
Re: Do First Impressions Really Matter? by kennboiy(m): 9:31pm On Jul 16, 2015
Nairalander01:
grin
It does matter in some cases,but as for dating if you ain't got the cash, you ain't even getting a smile in return talk less of a phone number.
Re: Do First Impressions Really Matter? by rollindollar(m): 9:32pm On Jul 16, 2015
Re: Do First Impressions Really Matter? by RolePlay(m): 9:38pm On Jul 16, 2015
First impression matters the most. Nigerians are so judgemental that they won't hesitate to tag you as being a particular image they see you as at first. They are not open minded enough to edit the image they have of you, even when u come out different

But that's non of my business
Re: Do First Impressions Really Matter? by RolePlay(m): 9:41pm On Jul 16, 2015
Free space to Let.

For adverts and placements, contact Osas and Oseji Nig Ltd
Re: Do First Impressions Really Matter? by faith551(m): 9:59pm On Jul 16, 2015
Yea it does, but what people don't understand is that your later behaviour either upholds the legacy of your first impressions or makes it worst.
People do pretend, but time always solve the puzzle, so as they say different strokes for different folks, a lot of people judge by your first impression, but a wise handful, wait to see the real you as time elapses
Re: Do First Impressions Really Matter? by Nobody: 11:07pm On Jul 16, 2015
Perception is deception.

First impression serves a purpose. We are humans, so is inevitable to judge at first sight, but, one needs to keep in mind that first impressions can be deceptive.

.....it goes along same line as : do not judge a book solely based on its covers. Actually, open the gaddamn book and at least skim it. undecided

cheesy

1 Like

Re: Do First Impressions Really Matter? by whizqueen(f): 11:43pm On Jul 16, 2015
First impression matters a lot.
But you don't have to get crazy about it just to give people the "good" impression about you. undecided

Give them the benefit of doubt to think of whatever they want and let them figure out themselves if you are like that or not
Re: Do First Impressions Really Matter? by chomytex(f): 11:53pm On Jul 16, 2015
Cutehector first impression MATTERS! Case closed.next pls!

(1) (Reply)

Gifts You Should Never Give A Girl On Her Birthday / Some Heart Touching Romantic Saying U Need To Know / See The Reply A Guy Gave A Girl Who Requested For Money On Facebook

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.