Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,216 members, 7,873,953 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 10:03 PM

A Message To My Igbo And South-south Brothers About Corrupt Officials - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Message To My Igbo And South-south Brothers About Corrupt Officials (8790 Views)

Osinbajo: Corrupt Officials Funding Anti-government Media War / My South/south Brothers, Whither You? / Umar Yakubu-Barde Recommends Amputation & Hanging For Corrupt Officials (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Message To My Igbo And South-south Brothers About Corrupt Officials by MizMyColi(f): 10:19am On Jul 17, 2015
fulanimafia:

^^^
gringringrin

And What Has The Heat Cooked, Except More Bails And Vendetta.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Message To My Igbo And South-south Brothers About Corrupt Officials by ndcide(m): 10:24am On Jul 17, 2015
I just read the original post and I see it as highly ridiculous. For this simple reason, Perception is stronger than the real thing.

Imagine that perception about people from that region if buhari goes ahead with that. I cannot support such selective persecution.
Re: A Message To My Igbo And South-south Brothers About Corrupt Officials by fulanimafia: 10:32am On Jul 17, 2015
MizMyColi:

Before I bid you mine...
Please don't throw the card of intellectual blackmail associated with your ilk. Being enlightened or not has nothing to do with a truth I just echoed.
It must have hit where it hurt.

Have you been to the middle belt to see the carnage caused by the fulanis? Even when unprovoked? Has Mr Buhari addressed them or openly condemned such?
I ask you, has he?

I would not take offence if I am told to my face that I am arrogant because the average Ibo man appears to be....of a truth.
It bothers on me and my conscience to decide if I am different or not, and not getting all worked up like someone just threw shiit in my face.

Bye Byesmiley

And you used the disgraced and demoted bigoted former mod Ngwakwe as reference?

2 Likes

Re: A Message To My Igbo And South-south Brothers About Corrupt Officials by Nobody: 10:36am On Jul 17, 2015
francizy:

Am no fan of Buhari, hence, I cancelled the "your" up there. You really don't get what am saying, if our politicians down South are made to develop fear of ending up in jail when they loot, maybe we will definitely experience the growth, impact and dividends of democracy we've long craved for..

And effectively make them lose appeal when it comes to national politics right??

1 Like

Re: A Message To My Igbo And South-south Brothers About Corrupt Officials by coolitempa(f): 10:36am On Jul 17, 2015
fulanimafia:

My sister it's not surprising anymore since over there, drug trafficking is praised as hustling and they are encouraged to get rich or die trying grin (I learnt that on NL.)

D truth is that most iboes.....will never vote for Biafra but ....the poverty stricken.....minority are the loudest.... wink

1 Like

Re: A Message To My Igbo And South-south Brothers About Corrupt Officials by francizy(m): 10:43am On Jul 17, 2015
engrkenny:

And effectively make them lose appeal when it comes to national politics right??

That way, we'll have a more united people and politicians who opens their eyes to the realities on ground. Talk about having a different country, if SS/SE politicians are made to be so comfortable in Nigeria, they will never fight for their wellbeingwellbeing and that of their people..
Re: A Message To My Igbo And South-south Brothers About Corrupt Officials by MizMyColi(f): 10:49am On Jul 17, 2015
fulanimafia:

One advice.
Stop spreading lies and hate.

1 Like

Re: A Message To My Igbo And South-south Brothers About Corrupt Officials by fulanimafia: 10:56am On Jul 17, 2015
MizMyColi:

One advice.
Stop spreading lies and hate.

Coming from you grin, classic.

2 Likes

Re: A Message To My Igbo And South-south Brothers About Corrupt Officials by MizMyColi(f): 10:58am On Jul 17, 2015
fulanimafia:

Coming from you grin, classic.

You gat NO-THING on metongue

1 Like

Re: A Message To My Igbo And South-south Brothers About Corrupt Officials by fulanimafia: 10:59am On Jul 17, 2015
coolitempa:

D truth is that most iboes.....will never vote for Biafra but ....the poverty stricken.....minority are the loudest.... wink

I know for sure Phyno wouldn't, neither would Oliseh, Ekweremadu or Mr. Emeka, the DG of NBC that just jammed their pirate radio station grin
Re: A Message To My Igbo And South-south Brothers About Corrupt Officials by asha80(m): 11:01am On Jul 17, 2015
fulanimafia:

I know for sure Phyno wouldn't, neither would Oliseh, Ekweremadu or Mr. Emeka, the DG of NBC that just jammed their pirate radio station grin
funny you put oliseh there
Re: A Message To My Igbo And South-south Brothers About Corrupt Officials by Nobody: 11:04am On Jul 17, 2015
francizy:

That way, we'll have a more united people and politicians who opens their eyes to the realities on ground. Talk about having a different country, if SS/SE politicians are made to be so comfortable in Nigeria, they will never fight for their wellbeingwellbeing and that of their people..

I appreciate your viewpoint, but so long as all the money and power is still being accumulated in Abuja, selling your own down the river in the name of fighting corruption only amounts to shooting oneself in the leg. Our public officers have to be held accountable but there has to be limits.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Message To My Igbo And South-south Brothers About Corrupt Officials by obailala(m): 11:05am On Jul 17, 2015
MizMyColi:

No.
Don't misconstrue my submission please.
If you noticed, I cut out a certain part of his write up and attacked it.

[size=13pt]What I cannot fathom is why a certain region of this federation is always painted in bad light.
All corruption in Nigeria originates from this region.[/size]

Nothing good can come out of this region.
Surely, you don't expect me to be okay with that.

Probe heaven, probe earth, probe the world underneath if you need to, all I'm saying is that, if it is good for Mr Goose, then surely, it has to be good for Bro Gander.
Based on the bolded part of your statement, I can confidently tell you that your assertions are very wrong; the fact is that south easterners are just inexplicably paranoid and have been brainwashed to believe that the world is out against them. Nobody paints any particular region in bad light, rather it is the south easterners in their paranoia that keep painting the south east black by publicising the arrest of any south easterner thereby unknowingly washing their dirty linen in public.

For instance since this administration began, the people I remember who have been tried/investigated for corruption include Timipre Sylva, Fani Kayode, Sule Lamido, Steve Orosanye and Murtala Nyako. Never for once did I see any ethnic group come out to defend their son not until Chimaroke Nnamani's case came up and suddenly, misguided shallow minds began to protest that it was because he was Igbo that's why he was SINGLED OUT. Same also happened in the case of Ohakim. These are all people who stole their states blindly and impoverished their own people. Ikedi Ohakim was my governor, the only legacy I remember him for was planting green grasses all around owerri (the greenery of the grasses are fine though).

Washing our dirty linen in public, that's exactly what Igbos do; others are arrested, no one complains and the case goes on silently but the moment an Igbo man is arrested, we by ourselves begin to publicise the case making it seem like only Igbos are being arrested. why on earth should we keep defending our own oppressors in public?... What is the sense in that?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Message To My Igbo And South-south Brothers About Corrupt Officials by Nobody: 11:16am On Jul 17, 2015
Pls bro thank you. Sule Lamido and sons are now on bail. We are back to the era of letting politicians off the hook through a back door called bail. Beside, Lamido's case was initiated by Jonathan but he (Lamido) was not arrested then because of his immunity.

Cc Mizmycoliquote
[author=kaboninc post=35955995]

Lool.

I've seen this write up by Barcanista.

Actually the judge in Kano did rule that he be remanded in a prison facility (not because he has been pronounced guilty) but because the EFCC said they couldn't accommodate him probably because their hands were full.

However, the judge did say another vacation judge will listen to the bail application because the legal system would be going on a vacation. They have a calendar of their own. [/quote]
Re: A Message To My Igbo And South-south Brothers About Corrupt Officials by atlwireles: 11:37am On Jul 17, 2015
Some OPs in the forum come from a different planet. You opened a thread to carry out the usual blackmail of the average SS or SE politicians as you attempt to paint your masters as saints. The reality on ground in Nigeria across the zones makes your thread laughable. Nevertheless we are used to the pretentiousness. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy Oya keep singing that song all SS/SE politicians are corrupt but rest of your almajiris and slaves are saints.

PS if you don't know Tompolo is a major provider of Jobs to many families in his Burutu/Gbaramatu axis, then seek some knowledge before you carry out your kick and run thread.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Message To My Igbo And South-south Brothers About Corrupt Officials by DiademSh07: 11:41am On Jul 17, 2015
MizMyColi:

angry
I disagree with you here Francizy.
We as a people will resist any attempt to further malign and subjugate us as a people, while under the very auspices of our collective resources. Mbanu!

This is a federation.
If it is good for Okoro, then it is equally good for Kabiru and Segun.

#GoFigure
Dundee united, Nyako and Jigawa ex gov are ibos?
@onenaira, come and see your fellow dunce! Sincerely, both of you will make a good couple.

1 Like

Re: A Message To My Igbo And South-south Brothers About Corrupt Officials by DiademSh07: 11:42am On Jul 17, 2015
atlwireles:
Some OPs in the forum come from a different planet. You opened a thread to carry out the usual blackmail of the average SS or SE politicians as you attempt to paint your masters as saints. The reality on ground in Nigeria across the zones makes your thread laughable. Nevertheless we are used to the pretentiousness. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy Oya keep singing that song all SS/SE politicians are corrupt but rest of your almajiris and slaves are saints.

PS if you don't know Tompolo is a major provider of Jobs to many families in his Burutu/Gbaramatu axis, then seek some knowledge before you carry out your kick and run thread.
See another dunce!
Re: A Message To My Igbo And South-south Brothers About Corrupt Officials by Mckennedy: 11:46am On Jul 17, 2015
fulanimafia:

Ok, go ahead and promote corruption because you think feel the fight against corruption is not good enough.

Bitter truth..
Re: A Message To My Igbo And South-south Brothers About Corrupt Officials by DiademSh07: 11:47am On Jul 17, 2015
MizMyColi:

What is this Fulanimafia saying nowundecided

Is it not the same person that has been granted bail?

What was the point of publicizing it?

What a failed and wasted attempt at painting Mr President in good light as Mr Zero Corruption.

In Nigeria, it's either you corrupt corruption or corruption corrupts you!
There's no sitting on the fence.
So, granting them bail means they have been free from the court charges?
Dundeeunited!

1 Like

Re: A Message To My Igbo And South-south Brothers About Corrupt Officials by atlwireles: 11:47am On Jul 17, 2015
DiademSh07:

See another dunce!

Why not reply with your real moniker, abi pretending don tire you.? Akobata fulani slaves like you, need to grow some backbone even on this faceless forum.
Re: A Message To My Igbo And South-south Brothers About Corrupt Officials by 1after: 11:50am On Jul 17, 2015
fulanimafia:

Ngwakwe is a certified bigot. The last Abia state election exposed his bigotry, smh.
Re: A Message To My Igbo And South-south Brothers About Corrupt Officials by DiademSh07: 11:52am On Jul 17, 2015
MizMyColi:

I might tilt towards your angle.

Barcanista, whynotthetruth, could you please help confirm that prior to this time, no highly placed corrupt public office holder has even so much as gotten a remanding in prison?
Good Morning

I won't be surprised anyway...North thieves, South thieves...who will imprison who?
I cannot even vouch that Jona didn't touch any stray kobo. All I know is that he meant well for this country and did the best he could, given the circumstances and near zero support.

Oga Fulani, if these people who claim "No Corruption" meant business, they will uphold the court ruling.
They would stop any attempt to bail him.
More importantly!!! They will not show us a group of jubilant crowd, scaling airport fences to welcome him home.

I take it as a slap in the face. We were busy lamenting that Sule Lamido got "just a remanding" when a young man was sentenced to death for stealing...what was it again? Chicken abi tin tomatoes (pun intended)...
Then we were dealt a bigger blow when it was learned he's been granted bail.

I take it as a form of... "ntoiii to your southerners, we own this country, we will do with our own as we please, All hail the Lamido!!!"

This is why I said Buhari cannot fight this hydra headed monster when the said monster sits as an effigy in the centre of his living room.
You aint making sense! Go get a brain!

1 Like

Re: A Message To My Igbo And South-south Brothers About Corrupt Officials by HopeAtHand: 11:53am On Jul 17, 2015
MizMyColi:

angry
I disagree with you here Francizy.
We as a people will resist any attempt to further malign and subjugate us as a people, while under the very auspices of our collective resources. Mbanu!

This is a federation.
If it is good for Okoro, then it is equally good for Kabiru and Segun.

#GoFigure

Are you suggesting that the Iboris, Alamieyesieghas and T.A Orjis of the region should be shielded because they are our bothers??

So you're proud having a thief as a brother?...or what?

1 Like

Re: A Message To My Igbo And South-south Brothers About Corrupt Officials by DiademSh07: 11:55am On Jul 17, 2015
atlwireles:

Why not reply with your real moniker, abi pretending don tire you.? Akobata fulani slaves like you, need to grow some backbone even on this faceless forum.
No, you tell me my real moniker, dumb eediot!
Re: A Message To My Igbo And South-south Brothers About Corrupt Officials by atlwireles: 11:57am On Jul 17, 2015
DiademSh07:

No, you tell me my real moniker, dumb eediot!

Akobata fulani grow some backbone undecided
Re: A Message To My Igbo And South-south Brothers About Corrupt Officials by Whynotthetruth(m): 12:00pm On Jul 17, 2015
[quote author=fulanimafia post=35958516]

1. You have lost the plot, your argument was regional not partisan, I'm glad you've finally agreed that northerners are the most hunted down in the current fight against corruption.

2. @ bolded, please don't tell me you're that ignorant and gullible. I expect the re-echo of such fallacies from the likes of OremuSenile and not someone who presents herself as enlightened.

Goodbye. [/quote

Sorry@Mizmycoli for coming late into this discussion...

1)Bro, remanding in prison is no new stuff...it has happened countless number of times both for corruption or other such cases by past elected officials...Keeping them in EFCC or SSS or maximum prison is a function of the judge based on facts of argument before him...

2)Lamido and Nyako are all inherited cases for this administration...Ohakim was the only person his case started under buhari though investigation and unearthing of facts was done under Jonathan...Dasuki arrest is against the law because there's no warrant of arrest or prior invitation before we heard about this laying of siege to his house...

3)What we are seeing now is simply media conviction... which is what Nigerians in their myopic nature like...Convicting these people is a tall order...the more you look the less you see..

4)Since when did a court of equal competence start upturning decisions of one another?...Sule Lamido bail case is an example of bastardization of judiciary for parochial interest...

5)No northerner is being witch hunted or prosecuted more than others...All I see here is an EFCC chairman playing politics and making much noise by throwing case files round and about...so as to keep his job...No more No less...In the end, buhari is seen as if he's fighting corruption while the man also have his job as EFCC boss intact...

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: A Message To My Igbo And South-south Brothers About Corrupt Officials by Nobody: 12:04pm On Jul 17, 2015
tbaba1234:

I'd like to believe you are an objective person so i'd address you.

I don't really think she's objective. She just wants believe what she wants to believe. Same as all those who are constantly saying trash about this present administration.

They choose to believe/see what will make them happy and not the truth on ground!

2 Likes

Re: A Message To My Igbo And South-south Brothers About Corrupt Officials by Whynotthetruth(m): 12:23pm On Jul 17, 2015
jstbeinhonest:

Stop displaying ignorance,Nyako is a card carying member of d APC.

Mizmycoli wrote CORE APC northerners...Is Nyako one...APC leadership has never recognized the renegade PDP defectors hence the confusion in NASS today... they shared all leadership positions allocating NONE to them hence Saraki and co played out a fast one on them...
cc.fulanimafia

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Message To My Igbo And South-south Brothers About Corrupt Officials by francizy(m): 1:09pm On Jul 17, 2015
atlwireles:

So based on your reasoning right now, I painted northern politicians as saints? Do you even know me or read my comments on this forum? Who told you I believe in the government of Buhari? A man I've always criticized and pointed out on several ocassions, his corruption cases in the past and how he let his corrupt friends on the loose while Southern politicians were hunted down. Think before you type bro and don't you go about attacking your fellow PDP guys just because they reasoned differently from you.

If you had read this thread well, you'd have known that my intention was that of having the ones who might want to be involved in one looting activity or the other (down south) to become up and doing while the ones who the administration decides not to probe will further cause mayhem on some certain regions (definitely not south).
Re: A Message To My Igbo And South-south Brothers About Corrupt Officials by atlwireles: 1:19pm On Jul 17, 2015
francizy:

Some based on your reasoning right now, I painted northern politicians as saints? Do you even know me or read my comments on this forum? Who told you I believe in the government of Buhari? A man I've always criticized and pointed out on several ocassions, his corruption cases in the past and how he let his corrupt friends on the loose while Southern politicians were hunted down. Think before you type bro and don't you go about attacking your fellow PDP guys just because they reasoned differently from you.

If you had read this thread well, you'd have known that my intention was that of having the ones who might want to be involved in one looting activity or the other (down south) to become up and doing while the ones who the administration decides not to probe will further cause mayhem on some certain regions (definitely not south).

My comment speaks for itself. Take it as you may........
Re: A Message To My Igbo And South-south Brothers About Corrupt Officials by francizy(m): 1:27pm On Jul 17, 2015
atlwireles:

My comment speaks for itself. Take it as you may........

You aren't different from those APC guys who's good at attacking a person with different opinion from theirs. You should actually consider joining them bro..
Re: A Message To My Igbo And South-south Brothers About Corrupt Officials by MizMyColi(f): 1:32pm On Jul 17, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

Mizmycoli wrote CORE APC northerners...Is Nyako one...APC leadership has never recognized the renegade PDP defectors hence the confusion in NASS today... they shared all leadership positions allocating NONE to them hence Saraki and co played out a fast one on them...
cc.fulanimafia

Ehen.
Though it was a question I merely asked, I guess I was subconscious of the fact that the name Nyako is/was synonymous with PDP.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ndume Alleges Senators Smuggled In Magu’s Rejection / Osinbajo, Awujale Meet In Camera In Ijebu-ode / Buhari Asks Nigerians To Join Anti-Graft War To Make Country Great

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.